• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Explain this shit to me .

Alphatreedog

Tier Potato
Minuteman
  • Feb 15, 2017
    If the Dems have not assumed control 9f the House until tiloday or tomorrow
    then how the fuck did a Republican controlled House or Senate allow the Budget impasse ? And how the fuck do Dems call the shots with a minority ?
    Pelosi caplme out talking shit about Trump and his stance on fulfilling his campaign promise to build the wall . Thanks for showing your contempt of the American people who voted specifically on and for this issue you fukin cunt .

It’s makes sense when you realize there is no difference between establishment dems and establishment reps.

They pander their rhetoric to which ever will get them the most votes, they they do as they please once elected....... which is generally how to best fuck over the average American and get rich while doing it

They are similar to a sleazy used car salesman. When your looking to buy/vote, your their best friend. They talk you up about how great their car/goals are. Then as soon as the sale/vote is over, they just want you out of their face and on to the next voter/buyer.

Even though everything they said about the car/goals was an absolute barefaced lie, once the sell has been made and they have your money, they say fuck you it's your problem.

Even though they sold you a piece of shit, once its sold, they got what they want. I feel the same way when I vote. I just bought another worthless piece of shit full of problems that's gonna let me down every time I need it most.

They are absolutely self serving, they just say whatever it takes to make the sale. Then sell us nothing but more fuckin lies and problems.

Once the car breaks down, they always blame it on the mechanic or the previous owner, same as politicians.

Once the voters realize what a piece of shit they've got, that everything they were sold on is broken and not worth fixing, they all pass the buck. But they will be happy to sell you another car/politician at a great loss to you.

Americans have lost their asses too many times to these dirty lying bastards. Need to gut the whole system and start completely over with average, every day Americans in their places. People that havent been corrupted. The less they know about modern politics, the better.

The 2 establishment parties are both middle class killers.

The dems welcome the illegals here in the interest of easy votes. The Chamber of Commerce republicans welcome illegals for the below market cheap labor for what's left of our manufacturing base. That's why the establishment doesn't want the wall.

One word: filibuster.

Back in the day, filibuster meant to hold the floor and talk continuously in order to prevent a vote. They used to talk for many hours, reading from a phone book and such. They had to earn it.

At some point in time I don't recall, this changed and they could "filibuster" without actually putting in the work. They just have a parliamentary rule which requires 60 senators to end debate and move to a vote. So while Republicans have the majority they don't have 60 votes, so they can't go to a vote without help from democrats.

The "nuclear option" is a revocation of the 60-vote rule allowing move to a vote with only 51 senators. Trump called for using the nuclear option but they didn't do it.

It takes 60 votes to invoke cloture in the Senate.

There aren’t 60 votes for the House budget bill.

It would be BEYOND fucking stupid for McConnell to invoke the nuclear option for the House budget bill, and anybody who thinks it should be done should game that shit out a litte bit first...

Reactions: Fig
    I think it was around 1970 when they changed the rules. Prior to that a filibuster held up everything, so they changed the rules so that you didn't have to be present to filibuster, but a filibuster also didn't hold up other business.

I have have reservations about the filibuster rule - it is not outlined in the Constitution but the Constitution does say that both houses have the authority to make their own rules. So it is constitutional in that light. I think the Senate made some 2/3 or 3/4 rule to change the rules also, so the filibuster can be abolished but it is unlikely.

The filibuster is a PITA when your party controls the Senate, but a glimmer of hope if you are the minority. Since our politicians are career politicians, and expect to be in the minority at some point in their LONG careers, they will likely not do away with it.

Congress.jpg

Any questions

It takes 60 votes to invoke cloture in the Senate.

There aren’t 60 votes for the House budget bill.

It would be BEYOND fucking stupid for McConnell to invoke the nuclear option for the House budget bill, and anybody who thinks it should be done should game that shit out a litte bit first...

Fact is control WILL flip again, and precedent will not be forgotten. There is something to be said for the philosophy that you should be able to get more than a simple majority for something really worthwhile. There is a reason the Founders put an elaborate system of checks and balances in place to ensure simple majority rule would not run tyrannically over the minority.

Republicans are like a cute girl that you want to date. She says to you "If you buy me that ring I'll be your girl friend" So you buy her the ring and she fucks everybody in the school. Once they get your vote its "FUCK YOU!!"

If Obama wanted a wall they would have it by now because democrats stick together and they prey on weak republicans to get their way.

Maybe this would make them understand our disdain?

no such thing in the constitution.

There wasn't 100 senators either was the constitution was written, but yet there they are. Not saying it's right or wrong, but if you want it to pass the Senate, you need 60 votes

What you waiting on?
    Like minded people in my AO are like unicorns . Many conversations and no one wishes to committ. I am talking about a purely defensive QRF . Not offensive , not breaking laws . When they came for ( fill in the blank ) we said no . Can't find anyone
    willing to do more than talk shit and I am geographicall to far from other like minded Pwnasyvanians . For clarity I am referencing firearms seizures . I am referencing Swating . If I have committed no crime then there is no cause to kick my door in , in the middle of the night terrorize my family and possibly kill me . The Constitution guarantees my rights against these actions . The ones ignoring said Constitution are the lawbreakers . This type of heavy handed , no due process behavior is what caused Boston to turn to armed Rebellion .
    So to answer the question I am waiting on like minded people .

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    Like minded people in my AO are like unicorns . Many conversations and no one wishes to committ. I am talking about a purely defensive QRF . Not offensive , not breaking laws . When they came for ( fill in the blank ) we said no . Can't find anyone
    willing to do more than talk shit and I am geographicall to far from other like minded Pwnasyvanians . For clarity I am referencing firearms seizures . I am referencing Swating . If I have committed no crime then there is no cause to kick my door in , in the middle of the night terrorize my family and possibly kill me . The Constitution guarantees my rights against these actions . The ones ignoring said Constitution are the lawbreakers . This type of heavy handed , no due process behavior is what caused Boston to turn to armed Rebellion .
    So to answer the question I am waiting on like minded people .

You're gonna sit there by yourself if you don't find a way to walk towards the red light.

2012-pa_house_by_district.png

Reactions: SilentStalkr