• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Fat bottom gurls....

outlaw81

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2011
SE OK
Ok, I've been on this 300wsm trip lately. I went ahead and bought another one and I honestly think I'm gonna just stick with this caliber and see what monsters I can build out of it. Yesterday I picked up a Savage 12 Varmint Low Profile in 300 wsm. I handloaded with winchester brass, WLR Primers, 60gr of H4350, and 190smk's. I was expecting roughly 3/4" @ 100 since it's brand new. Nope. I managed a five shot ragged hole at 100 after my 5 shot sight in. I went on out to 250. I managed a 5 shot group that could've been covered with a dime!!!!! This has been a go-to load for me for a few years now in this caliber. Coal is 2.889" and it chronoed 2895 out of a 26" stock tube. ES was about 15 fps. A couple years ago I got tired of people saying the 3short mag couldn't hang with the .300 Win Mag. So I set out to prove to myself it could. I had a long lilja throated for a 3.15" WSM. with this setup you can actually push the 240 smk to about 2750 without pressure signs. My 300 win mag can only get about 2650. The shorter cartridge can burn powder more efficiently than the longer one and with the correct length, can beat the longer one. I built that one off a remington 700 long action, with a custom dbm and 28.5" tube with a 9 twist. So, in reflection; beware of the Fat bottom gurls...(WSM, SAUM, WSSM's) you might just fall in love!!

Re: Fat bottom gurls....

GOD how i like them fat bottom gurls. That is some awsome shooting with a factory stick. Those Savages never quit amazing me. I have been kicking around on getting a Savage varmint action in a repeater from the guy who sells all their stuff and start collecting parts. It sounds like a win- win situation to me.