• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision FLIR T70 & T75 specs

One more difference between the T-70 unit and the T-75 (besides the much larger lens on the T-75) unit is that the T-75 has 0.5X, 1X, and 2x to go with the larger lens system, whilst the T-70 has internal digital 0.5X, 1X, 2X and 4X instead.

They are also soon to get some black housings if you do not prefer the OD Green one....

The T-70 is a mil-spec type certified product and has been assigned the number SU-271/PAS by our government.

FLIR GS also told me that their engineering staff decided to NOT to go ahead with the T-65 project (which they had a sample of at the Shot Show) that involved incorporating the new 640X512 core into the older T-50 model housing so that they could utilize their resources 100% for the production of the T-70 as they have received much larger orders for the T-70 than they had originally planned for.

One more difference between the T-70 unit and the T-75 (besides the much larger lens on the T-75) unit is that the T-75 has 0.5X, 1X, and 2x to go with the larger lens system, whilst the T-70 has internal digital 0.5X, 1X, 2X and 4X instead.

They are also soon to get some black housings if you do not prefer the OD Green one....

The T-70 is a mil-spec type certified product and has been assigned the number SU-271/PAS by our government.

FLIR GS also told me that their engineering staff decided to NOT to go ahead with the T-65 project (which they had a sample of at the Shot Show) that involved incorporating the new 640X512 core into the older T-50 model housing so that they could utilize their resources 100% for the production of the T-70 as they have received much larger orders for the T-70 than they had originally planned for.

We got the official memo a few days back on the T-65.

We've had our T-70 for some time now and putting it through it's paces. Will have our write up on the unit in the next few weeks.

TNVCsl_2337_zps74bc4bb0.jpg

Up on the web site, http://tnvc.com/shop/flir-t70-advanced-combat-thermal-sight-short-range/, but here are the specs listed below. Take note at the detector resolution vs. the T-50 which is a 320 system. We will have a full review shortly.

Manufacturer: FLIR
Dimensions: 6.8”(L) x 2.8”(W) x 3.5”(H)
Weight: 1.5 lbs.
Finish: Flat Dark Earth
Power: Three (3) AA Batteries or Two (2) CR123 Batteries
Battery Life: Approx. 5 Hours (AA), 4 Hours (CR123)
Waterproof: IP 68 (20 ft. freshwater, 6 hr; 66 ft seawater, 2 hrs)
Operating temp: -40°F to +120°F
Storage temp: -40°F to +160°F
Shock and vibe: Per MIL-STD-810F
EMI: Per MIL-STD-461E
Recoil Resistance: 5.56 up to and including 7.62 x 51 NATO
Warranty: 1 Year Warranty

THERMAL SPEC:
————————————————————
Sensor: Vanadium Oxide, Uncooled Microbolometer
Detector: 640 x 512
Sensitivity: <50mK
Spectral: 7.5 to 13.5 μm
Start-Up: <1.5 sec. from Standby
FOV: 9.4° x 7.5°
Focus: Manual
Zoom: 1X, 2X, and 0.5X. LR: Native FOV compliments standard RCOs. Three zoom capabilities, 1X, 2X, and 4X, for long range ID and engagement
Frame Rate: 30 Hz
Polarity: White Hot/Black Hot
Palette: Gray, Iron, Rain, Ice
Video: RS-170 external video out (NTSC or PAL)
Optimized for Use With: SU-230/PVS Articulated Telescope, SU-231/PEQ Reflex Sight, ECOS-C 4x Day Optical Scope, Close Combat Optic M68, Enhanced Combat Optical Sight Navy (ECOS-N), LA-5/PEQ Integrated Small Arms Laser Illuminator, AN/PEQ-2 Infrared Target Pointer/Illuminator/Aiming Laser, SU-230A/PVS Articulated Telescope
INCLUDES: T70 with adjustable quick detach throw lever mount, coupling lightshroud /eye relief, video output cable, remote control pad, batteries, operators manual, graphic training aid, lens cleaning kit, and soft carrying case

It also has the new smaller 17um microbolometer array instead of the older 25um, another reason why the instrument is smaller.

My birthday is next week BTW.....

Any idea what the range is on this thing? If the only difference is the size of the objective lens between the T70 and T75, the specs of the T75 say 800 meters but there is not a range listed in the specs for the T70? Forgive me if Im off base, Im not quite up to snuff on thermals yet however I am seriously considering thermal over NV at this point.

I can't fathom how a scope can focus on a digital device co close......blows me little mind!

I didn't read ALL 3 pages, but FWIW, I talked to FLIR today and unless I'm mistaken, they told me the T75 is good for 1200m detection (not recognition) it'll work up to 12x magnification and that it'll handle the recoil of a .50BMG DTA HTI. He said the HISS (spelling?) has recognition about that and detection nearly twice that. But it's $55,000. I can't recall if he said they both would work stand alone or in tandem, or if that was just the HISS. I'd suspect they both would, but I'm not sure.

He said they should all come down a lot in price over the next five years, and there's new stuff in the works too. I'll probably end up getting a thermal clip on around that time, so that'll work out just fine. That's definitely a save up for type item for me.

Bar none, the HISS hands down is the best of the best. These are clip-on cooled array systems I have shot and engaged at 1000m with amazing clarity on a .50bmg. It does not get much better than this.

Vic

Edit: These systems are the real deal that rival identification advantages you get from standard Gen 3 NVD's.

Last edited:
Bar none, the HISS hands down is the best of the best. These are clip-on cooled array systems I have shot and engaged at 1000m with amazing clarity on a .50bmg. It does not get much better than this.

Vic

Edit: These systems are the real deal that rival identification advantages you get from standard Gen 3 NVD's.

Except for the next gen cooled units- shooting at a mile at 20x with a thermal clip-on is a whole new level. These are being developed by several of the big names for DOD. The price is astronomical but so is the performance.

Last edited:
wonder how the HISS stacks up against this...DRS Technologies: CS6000 AN/PAS-13D(V)3 Heavy Thermal Weapon Sight...

Just wondering if any of you guys out there that has a T60 might be looking to unload it for a T70. If so, message me as I am in the market for a used T60 at the moment. Thanks

Vic what is that FLIR module piggy back on your T70 in the pic above? Just curious.

thanks

Last edited:
Vic what is that FLIR module piggy back on your T70 in the pic above? Just curious.

thanks

It's a scope boot, a pliable rubber sleeve that serves as a "coupler" to close the gap between the ocular of the clip-on imager and the objective of the day scope. It provides a cover that minimizes light distraction and helps keep rain and dust out.

IR-V

Yes we have used T60s...give us a call.. SPI CORP 702-369-3966

Just wondering if any of you guys out there that has a T60 might be looking to unload it for a T70. If so, message me as I am in the market for a used T60 at the moment. Thanks

thanks