• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Member Link Up FNG in SW MO

Jbak

Private
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2011
SW Missouri
Hello. Currently living near Springfield, MO, I have a free 100 yard range nearby, but looking to do some longer range shooting. Google is telling me Big Piney is the closest place around, and that looks like a 2 hour drive. Anyone know of anywhere else I can check out? If Big Piney is my only place to go, does anyone here shoot there?

Re: FNG in SW MO

There's Big Piney in Houston, Red Castle in Tulsa, and I heard this weekend that there's a 700 yard range opening up in Mountain Home, but I don't know what it's called....

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks WRM,

I'll have to look into all of those. Google maps says I can get to Big Piney in about 1h 45m, Mountain Home in 2h 20m, and I usually make Tulsa in 3 hours. I might just have to take a drive down to Big Piney and check them out.

Several us from Columbia drive down to shoot the matches at Big Piney. They are a good time and get you out to 800 yards. There is also Midwest Benchrest in Yukon that goes to 1000 yards. I haven't been there yet, but hopefully I'll make it down sometime this year.

Thank you too ryanjay11,

google maps shows Yukon as being about 15 minutes away from Houston. Look like they are nearly a straight shot down 60 til I hit the 63. I'll have to check them both out.