• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater For Stephen Hunter/Bob Lee Swagger fans

LSOSGT1109

Demoted by the change
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2006
London, KY
FYI there's a new Bob Lee Swagger novel being released tomorrow. It's called Dead Zero. I know that some of the Bob Lee novels are a little far fetched but after reading all 6 of them so far, I've kind of gotten attached to ole Bob Lee LOL! Just thought I'd pass it along for anyone that's interested.

Re: For Stephen Hunter/Bob Lee Swagger fans

Thanks for the info. Perfect timing as I'm on vacation this week.

Not sure I don't like Earl better.

My Dead Zero should be here tomorrow.
Amazon, gift: discounted and free shipping, to deliver on the date of release.

Working on I, Sniper now.

Love all his books.

Yeah I'm a huge Earl fan! Earl was definitely a man's man! Pale Horse Coming was a damn good book!

My kid's copy of Dead Zero arrived yesterday. I should have sent him to speed reading school.

Sad my first post on here is in the movie theater, but I guess you have to start somewhere ..

Thanks for the info on the new book. Big Bob and Earl fan.

PS: Good site / good group ... hope to contribute.

And a new W.E.B. Griffin novel, <span style="font-style: italic">The Outlaws</span>, was released today. I now have both in Kindle editions. So many books, so little time...

Great news!

Tom Clancy and Brad Thor also released books in the last month...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And a new W.E.B. Griffin novel, <span style="font-style: italic">The Outlaws</span>, was released today. I now have both in Kindle editions. So many books, so little time... </div></div>

Yea those bastards at the bookstore displayed Griffin and Hunters books on the same end cap. They got me for 50 instead of just 25.

Just finished it on my Kindle a couple of days ago! Good read! An unexpected twist in this one! This was my first book on Kindle, well actually Kindle for Driod on my phone. I find more and more uses for this phone everyday!!

Thanks for the heads up. It would be nice if someone re-made Point of Impact and did it true to the book...

I had heard Hunter talking about the twist but it was a good one no doubt! It seems as though He and Clancy wrote theirs together! Way to close in my opinion. Both books are finished as of today and I am headed back to get Outlaws

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Teppo-Ka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Both books are finished as of today and I am headed back to get <span style="font-weight: bold">Outlaws</span> </div></div>What is,"Outlaws"?

<span style="font-style: italic">Outlaws</span> is the new episode in W.E.B. Griffin's Presidential Agent series. Good read, as is everything he writes.

I wish W.E.B. would finish "The Corps" series up thru current times, thru Vietnam and to the Gulf War.

I'd be pleased for that to happen, too.

Maybe it will, but he writes a book or two per year, which, among authors, marks him as prolific, and he's getting a bit long in the tooth. He sure as heck isn't writing because he needs the money, and I'm grateful for whatever he chooses to write.

I finsihed reading Dead Zero last week, not as good as the past novels but still enjoyable...poorly editied.

Sounds as if Hunter will be around for a while, as mentioned above there is an interesting twist about 3/4th the way through the book. Sorry won't spoil it for those who want to read it!!

Just finished the book today. I liked I Sniper just abit more, but it was still worth reading. I definately didn't see the twist coming. I guess Hunter needed an new approach for some other books.

I also wish W.E.B. Griffin would finish the Corp series and also more books for the Honor Bound Series.

Meh.... after the drag through Japan, and the friggin NASCAR book, I was getting worried. I liked I,sniper , and am halfway through this and its pretty good.

and RE: The Outlaws, I hope Griffin isn't done with this series, but the maturity level of Castillo needs to be upped a little, calling your fiance' "Sweaty" and his treatment of her cousin the entire book is really fucking irritating.

I, Sniper was great. Didn't finish the Nascar one but read all the others. I can't think of another popular fiction writer who gives due credit to guns, gun people, the whole culture. Not too shabby at all. I'll be buying this new one ASAP. One of the best scenes in I, Sniper... Bob Lee getting waterboarded and still not backing down. Shooter was an okay movie, but it doesn't do the Bob Lee books justice.

I am a sucker for his writing
I have read everything, and the new one is on my shelf as I type...