• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The suppressor we purchased last year for the trust just went across the desk apparently and they said the responsible person questionnaire needed to be filled out along with the other stuff that goes along with it. It was all filled out along with fingerprints, photos and everything needed so I'm not sure why that happened? We did see there was a revision to the form in September or 2019, is that possibly part of the reason for this? This makes the 5th suppressor done the same way so I don't understand why this happened.

Edit: I guess I should check this section more often, I found the post explaining everything.

Last edited:
Energetic Armament- Vox S
Trust- 2 person
Bought 11-16-18
Approved 10-27-19
Shop called on 12-6-19
Picked up today 12-7-19
Me so happy now.

Reactions: R-B
Trust 1 person
Bought: 11-29-18
Ck Cashed: 12-24-18
Approved: 11-27-19
Stamp Arrived: 12-07-19

Trust 1 Person
Rugged Surge and Oculus
Bought 12-31-18
Check Cashed 2-13-19 and 2-21-19
Approved ?
Call from Dealer 12/9/19
Picking up tomorrow!

Form 4 individual
YHM Resonator
Sent USPS money order
Entered ATF system 4-2-19
Stamp at dealer 12-9-19
Picking up TBD

Just purchased a omega 300 12-8-19. It's been almost a week and I still dont have my supressor yet. It's going to be a long wait. I was told around 7 months. Kiosk individual.

• Haha
Reactions: HenryTheAce
I'm in a quandary about this. I'm not sure if I should wait for the appeal process (claims decision within 30 days) or re-apply. It's a messed up situation with the wait times involved. Ideally, I'd like the realization it was an erroneous background/denial and get the silencer without further ado. Yet, I'm semi-resigned to the thought I'm going to have to go full circle again. Totally sucks. Still contemplating if involving an attorney would be of any value. Don't have a lot of hope there either so not spending money unnecessarily to resolve. (yet)
gmark -- not sure if you're willing to try this, but my U.S. Senators and Representative offer their services to help their constituents deal with an unresponsive Federal Govt (I live in SD); not sure how well that option might work for you depending on your locale.

Brother-in-law and I both bought suppressors on 02/15/19 and paperwork was mailed same day. His was individual and mine was trust with 2 RPs.

Lets see who wins. Although none of us are really winning with this process.

Trust 2RPs
2/21/19 cash checked
12/14/19 stamp arrived at dealer

About a month after my brother in laws individual.

- Thursday Sept 5th, 2019, Purchased suppressor from my local Gander
- Monday Sept 16th, 2019, Completed Form 4 paperwork for a Trust
- Friday Oct 18th, 2019, ATF officially steals my $200
- Wed Nov 6th, 2019, my Gander is closing down
- Mon Dec 9th, 2019, tax stamp approved
- Sunday Dec 15th, 2019, picked up my can from Gander

Just over 52 days in NFA jail. This is a record for me!!! My 1st can took just 5 months and my 2nd can took just over 15 months.

Last edited:
- Monday Sept 16th, 2019, Completed Form 4 paperwork

Just over 52 days in NFA jail. This is a record for me!!! My 1st can took just 5 months and my 2nd can took just over 15 months.

download.jpeg

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Form 4 for Surefire Can

April 16, 2019 - Check Cashed via Silencer Shop submission
December 16, 2019 - Called for first time to check, ATF has no updates, not even with an examiner yet.
December 16, 2019 - #FML. Should have never called.

Form 4 for Surefire Can

April 16, 2019 - Check Cashed via Silencer Shop submission
December 16, 2019 - Called for first time to check, ATF has no updates, not even with an examiner yet.
December 16, 2019 - #FML. Should have never called.

Mine cleared the same day it was assigned to a examiner... and that was at 399 days. You will likely be way faster then that

There was a LGS that I use to frequent. The manager would confide in me a few things every now and then.

There as also an ATF agent who use to buy guns from that same LGS. No kidding! He would do it legally.

Obvious ain't it? He would also fill out the 4473 like everyone else.

What was funny was that every now and then he would get delayed! Just like some of us!

Reactions: Sainte70
Form 4 - Trust.
ATF check cleared the bank 2/14/19 and the approval was made 12/05/19. Got the call from the dealer a few days later when he recieved the papers. So, 294 days. I might mention that I am squeaky clean. I have had FBI background checks for computer repairs I've done for them.

I asked my dealer about the rumors I heard about 60-90 day approvals. He said, "Yes, they implemented a streamlined process that took about 3 months or a little less. But, many people in your situation called and complained about having been waiting 8 or 9 months without result and their buddy got his suppressor in just a couple of months. So, they discontinued the program.

1st From 4 purchase, Dead Air Nomad
Silencer Shop Trust 1 RP
check cashed 2/26/2019
Dealer called this morning 12/16/2019
not sure of exact approval date yet, I'll update when I have the F4 in hand.

Going to pick it up later today. Check cashed to in-hand: 293 days.

Merry Christmas to me!

TBAC 338 ultra?
Form 4 individual
check cashed 3/26/19
Approved 12/9/19
Dealer called/can in hand today 12/18/19

shoutout to shooter’s station in Conroe, TX for going above and beyond to make the process as easy as possible. And also they let me visit the can in jail at their 100yd indoor range.

- Monday Sept 16th, 2019, Completed Form 4 paperwork

Trust or individual?

Purchased 4/18/18
Returned without action 10/19
Resubmitted w corrections 11/2019
Form 4: Tax Stamp Cashed on 12/17/2019

• Angry
Reactions: HenryTheAce
Have a SilencerShop Single Shot F4 trust, check cashed 3/26/19, have been told it will be 10 months by NFA. No stamp as of yet.

Does anyone know if a trust increases the wait time? Only have a few speeding tickets on my record.

Last edited:
gmark -- not sure if you're willing to try this, but my U.S. Senators and Representative offer their services to help their constituents deal with an unresponsive Federal Govt (I live in SD); not sure how well that option might work for you depending on your locale.

Thank you sir. I appreciate the offer. A level head prevails. What I did was wait until the WTF!!! emotions subsided and thought through the situation. I filed an appeal with the NTN provided. Went no where. The FBI responds with a letter to the effect "We don't do appeals or provide reasons for non firearm items." (more WTF!!! emotions) A few days later I went to purchase a firearm WITHOUT using my Concealed license as they would have just sold me the firearm. As odd as it may sound, I was happy to be denied. I now had a firearm related NTN that would force them to do their job. There is a process here, but it was not bad. The electronic method is fairly quick; only taking days...not weeks. Step 1 is to file online for the denial reason. No real information provided; only USC section statement. Step 2 after receiving that "reason" is to challenge it (still online). Step 3: Go through the Identity History route with the FBI. Step 4: Challenge what may be erroneous in the Identity history. End result: [for me] I have a letter from the FBI stating I am not a prohibited person from challenging the denial. (and a certificate to take back to the store if I want to purchase that item; good for 30 days) Recv'd on 12/23/2019
My suggestion from this episode: If you bump in to a similar situation, immediately start the process for Background Identity Check. It seems everything NICS hinges on that. You'll know what your up against from their view point if you get that. Resolve anything in that record and everything else should fall in place. But, you need to force them to look at the information in depth. This process might only take 2-3 weeks at most (using the online method). Much better than waiting several months for a nasty surprise because people aren't doing their job properly.
I still don't have the suppressor yet. Working through that to see if I can short track it with the ATF. A new application will be required. Just hope to get it on top of the stack instead of the bottom having already endured the initial wait time.
Good luck to everyone and hope this may help anyone who might need it.

There is definitely something going on there. The examiner I dealt with from the end of Oct. to mid Nov. is no longer there. I called Friday to inquire after the email bounced I sent with the attached letter from the FBI. My call was redirected to the "forwarding examiner". It's holiday week so I'm not completely resigned to having been thrown back in to the black hole at ATF. But, whether there was end of year contracts ending or a personal decision by this individual, there is at least one less examiner since Nov.

I imagine the turnover is pretty high. Imagine working in that shitshow.... Severely understaffed, always getting bitched at, sitting in a box all day reading trusts. Pass.

Or they could just remove them from the NFA list and solve all these problems.

Purchase of Suppressor 10 May 2018
Cash of check 20 May 2018
ATF Approval 19 Nov 2019
Delivery 24 Dec 2019

593 Days

No additional information requested.
Extremely disgusted of process.
More than likely added by problems at shop level.

Last edited:
Called back today and actually spoke with the "forwarding examiner" Turns out it is the supervisor of the no longer there examiner. Botttom line; "...we only expedite LEO and military..." No consideration for the erroneous decision leading to Disapproved application.
Back to the bottom of the stack. There should be a mechanism to allow for this type of situation. Yet, we all realize the deck is currently stacked against us.

I've (re) started the process and am going back to twiddling my thumbs. (heavy grumbling as I fade to silence....oh, wait. I can't be silent because they didn't approve my initial application. )

I dont understand why the ATF does not tie the photos/prints to the trust itself instead of to each item. It just causes a ton of extra costs and running around.

Purchased 4 cans during the SilencerCo BOGO in summer of 2018.
Eventually got all the paperwork together, Trust modified for Change 41 etc...

Paperwork Submitted via USPS 12/12/19
ATF received paperwork 12/14/19
Credit card charged (x4) 12/17/19

And now the wait begins....

Looks like they are still on Christmas vacation anyways.... so you can add that to your wait time.