Form 4 wait time

WyCoShooter

Gun and Hunting Enthusiast
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2019
Wyoming - Colorado
Now 2 months, and my check hasn’t cashed. My dealer sent my Form 4 individual out around August 7th and apparently the BATFE office changed locations from West Virginia to Oregon sometime near this timeframe..Anyone else experiencing a delay with their initial processing? I don’t care how long it takes to be approved, I just want to know it was received in a timely manner.

ETA: Checked with my dealer and they do not request tracking or delivery confirmation, lol!
That is a drag! I will say I am surprised your dealer wasn't aware of the change, it actually happened closer to the beginning of the year from what I understand, and that all initial documents go to Oregon first. Their address has been updated since April anyway, that is when I started paperwork for my form 4s. I will say that reading through this thread and from what I have heard elsewhere, the checks are getting cashed 2-8 weeks after form 4s are sent in. 2-3 weeks was average 6 months ago. On the backend, seems like cans are coming within 5-8 months. Makes you wonder what changes they are making.... Flip a coin

Reactions: teufelhunden

Nfrantz87

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 16, 2020
My last one I purchased in February and got in July. The one I bought March of 2019 I got this past March.

TigernLionGSP

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2008
Fl
Ok I just called and spoke to them. I was told it just went to the examiner and should call back in a few weeks.?? it went pending 31 march where in the hell has it been if no one was looking into it WTF

Secant

Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2019
Out West
My latest:

Check cashed 4/2/20
as of 10/27/20 - Pending

I was told the current running average is 7 months by the gal that answered the phone.