Form 4 wait time

Longshot231

Old Salt
PX Member
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2018
Wanting to do a form 1 but quietbore is completely out of stock and said it’ll be a while before they are back in stock..
They must have sold out pretty fast. I got an e-mail update from them on September 23rd that said they were up to speed again and shipping in 3-4 days.

HenryTheAce

Pushing Tin
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2017
Michigan
Little batch approval action today!

• Bowers VERS458, TBAC Ultra 9 30cal, Rugged Obsidian 45 Black all check cashed 4/23/2020
• Rugged Obsidian 45 FDE check cashed 5/5/2020

All 4 cans approved 9/8/2020

Still waiting on FFL to receive the stamps... I love buying multiple cans at once :LOL:
Finally received all 4 stamps back... my silencer addiction has been filled for future YEARS now( atleast I hope) after having 9 in jail at once this past year...

Attachments

22-Dasher

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Midwest
The decision to get a can through a trust should not be based upon the chance of a “quicker” approval. Sure the individual ones usually come back a few weeks sooner they are rarely that much different. In the grand scheme of things the benefits of the trust greatly out way the disadvantages of an individual.

22-Dasher

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Midwest
IndividualSingle Shot TrustSingle Shot UnlimitedTraditional NFA TrustCorporation
Who is allowed to transport and use my silencer?YouAnyone listed as a Trustee (including you).Anyone listed as a Trustee (including you).Anyone listed as a Trustee (including you).Anyone listed as an officer (including you).
What are the requirements to set up?No additional paperwork is necessary. One-time Digital Signature sent via DocuSign.Digital Signature sent via DocuSign for each Single Shot Trust use.Print, notarize & scan. Then upload to Silencer Shop customer portal.Submit your letter of Incorporation via Silencer Shop customer portal.
How do I add Trustee(s) to be able to transport and shoot my silencer without me there?This option does not allow Trustees.We provide an amendment for you to use when you want to add a responsible party to your Trust.We provide an amendment for you to use when you want to add a responsible party to your Trust.Varies depending on the Trust used. When using Silencer Shop’s Trust, we provide an Addendum.Varies depending on State requirements for adding an officer.
Is a CLEO (Chief Law Enforcement Officer) Notification Required?Yes, but we do it for you. Yes, but we do it for you.Yes, but we do it for you.Yes, but we do it for you and all Trustees.Yes, but we do it for you and all Officers.
Can I list who will receive my silencer upon my death?No, but can be willed to an heir. The Trust is set up to pass to whomever is listed as the Executor of your will. The Trust is set up to pass to whomever is listed as the Executor of your will. Yes, there will be a spot for you to list beneficiaries when you set up your Trust.Articles of Incorporation should have a section laid out for this.
Who has to complete Fingerprints?Required by you.Required by you.Required by you.Required by you & all responsible parties.Required by all officers listed on the Corporation.
Who has to complete a Passport-Style Photo?Required by you.Required by you.Required by you.Required by you & all responsible parties.Required by all officers listed on the Corporation.
Who has to provide Registration Information?Required by you.Required by you.Required by you.Required by you & all responsible parties.Required by all officers listed on the Corporation.
How many times can I use this registration method?You can file as an Individual as many times as you want.One silencer (or serialized item) per Single Shot Trust.Unlimited, but there will be one silencer per Single Shot Trust.Unlimited. You can add as many items as you want to the Trust.Unlimited. You can add as many items as you want to the Corporation.
Does it Increase the Wait Time?No.No.No.Possibly. The more responsible parties you have listed on your trust, the more time it could take the ATF to investigate each person.Possibly. The more responsible parties you have listed on your Corporation, the more time it could take the ATF to investigate each person.
Cost$0$24.95$129.95
Note: Cost effective if you plan to buy 5 or more serialized items.
At Silencer Shop, $129.95. Otherwise, an attorney could charge whatever they want.N/A

Reactions: LeftyJason

jwhjwh54

Private
PX Member
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2017
Nashville, TN
Thunder beast ultra 7
Purchased 4/1/20 from Mile High, Form 3'd and shipped super fast
Did paperwork at The Outpost armory Christiana, TN 4/17/20
Called today ATF said pending as of 8/18/20

The Outpost Armory sat on their ass for 4 months apparently , I've got a call in to see WTF happened before I drive 45 mins to ask in person.

Update
They are in changing locations and have a new FFL/SOT, they claim to have instructed their employees on march 28th to tell NFA paperwork people that their paperwork would be held until they got the new FFL/SOT name. That was never communicated to me at all ,which if it had been, I would either have gone to another FFL or not called today thinking I'm a month or two away from being approved.

They tried to say they are still waiting on approvals from '19, I said that doesn't have anything to do with taking 4 months to submit paperwork or communicating there might be a delay because of FFL/SOT names and the new location. Manage expectations and you won't have pissed off people.

I've had bad luck lately with all this shit. It's all going to work out fine but freakin won't have the suppressor for who knows when, just got a Christensen MPR that won't shoot and have to send it in, and my new Matthews VXR shoots so fast that it's making rage Broadheads expand mid flight and I blew up two arrows trying to diagnose the issue. It's shooting amazing with different broad heads.. at least I'll be able to bow hunt

Last edited:

earthtrekker1775

The Prodigal Gun
PX Member
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2009
PNW
Thunder beast ultra 7

The Outpost Armory sat on their ass for 4 months apparently , I've got a call in to see WTF happened before I drive 45 mins to ask in person.
That is ridiculous!

CountryShooter

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2019
Thunder beast ultra 7

Update
They are in changing locations and have a new FFL/SOT, they claim to have instructed their employees on march 28th to tell NFA paperwork people that their paperwork would be held until they got the new FFL/SOT name. That was never communicated to me at all ,which if it had been, I would either have gone to another FFL or not called today thinking I'm a month or two away from being approved.
That sucks. Outpost did a suppressor transfer for me last year without any issues. Used a guy in Manchester for a recent transfer who charged half as much. Picked that one up just yesterday.

thaifighter

Sec Ops
PX Member
Minuteman
Online Training Access
Aug 18, 2017
Sanford, NC
checks cashed 8/22/19... There were 7 items in the batch of paper work I sent in. One was approved with stamp received in March. The rest I am still waiting on. Trust with 2RP. Called in early September and no dice...

Tried to call today, but it's a federal holiday.

Pretty sure my reviewer caught the 'Rona and passed... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Feh...

• Wow
Reactions: WyCoShooter

ntrinsik

Private
PX Member
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2017
WI
Area 419 Maverick, 2RP Trust.
4/24/2020 pending, 9/9/2020 approved, 10/10/2020 stamp delivered.

Johrichal

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2017
Silencershop single shot trust.
Yhm resonator r2
Silencerco 36m
Both checks cashed 6/13/20
Stamps at lgs 9/13/20

First time nfa buyer

4 months total!

thaifighter

Sec Ops
PX Member
Minuteman
Online Training Access
Aug 18, 2017
Sanford, NC
checks cashed 8/22/19... There were 7 items in the batch of paper work I sent in. One was approved with stamp received in March. The rest I am still waiting on. Trust with 2RP. Called in early September and no dice...

Tried to call today, but it's a federal holiday.

Pretty sure my reviewer caught the 'Rona and passed... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Feh...

aaaaaannnnnndddd called today...

Still pending...

• Angry

JLP83

Sergeant
PX Member
PX Member
Minuteman
Online Training Access
  • May 22, 2017
    Fort Worth TX
    Sounds like they are getting faster. The last two I bought a couple years ago were in jail for 14 months.

Longshot231

Old Salt
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Mar 8, 2018
    Silencershop single shot trust.
    Yhm resonator r2
    Silencerco 36m
    Both checks cashed 6/13/20
    Stamps at lgs 9/13/20

First time nfa buyer

4 months total!
    Four months! This is what @Johrichal really looks like. I'm not accusing anyone of undue influence but pointing out the obvious. Everyone else can draw their own conclusions.

1603043030751.png

wb00757

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Mar 4, 2010
    Dallas, Georgia
    I'm seeing a lot of forms that were cashed around the same time as mine are starting to be approved. In your opinion, how often is too often to call the ATF to check the status?

JLP83

Sergeant
    PX Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Online Training Access
  • May 22, 2017
    Fort Worth TX
    Calling them is a waste of time unless you just want to piss off the call center. They give you zero useful information.

Reactions: hwy1strat

CMP70306

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 16, 2017
    Finally I get something to add to this thread,

Batch approved three Silencershop single shot trusts
    Qty(2) Nomad-L and a Nomad 30

Check cashed 5/7/20
    Stamp approved 10/8/20
    Stamps at lgs 10/20/20

A day over 5 months for approval and day shy of 24 weeks for the total wait, way better than the 8 months I waited for the last ones back in 16’ since I actually got these before hunting season.

Reactions: jamebeck

WyCoShooter

Gun and Hunting Enthusiast
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 17, 2019
    Wyoming - Colorado
    Surefire 300 SPS
    Private Party Individual Form 4
    Submitted 05/08/2020
    Check cashed 5/21/2020
    10/1/20 - still pending
    10/8/2020 - Stamp Approved
    10/20/20 - Stamp delivered and in hand, first suppressor in hand! Stoked!!

Sandman Ti and Tirant 9
    Private Party Individual Form 4
    Submitted 05/18/2020
    Checks cashed 6/03/2020
    10/1/20 - still pending

wb00757

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Mar 4, 2010
    Dallas, Georgia
    Omega 36m
    1rp single shot trust SS kiosk
    Purchased 5/26/20
    Cashed 6/11/20
    Approved 10/18/20 (129 days)
    Waiting on stamp!

Weird that it was approved on a Sunday....

teufelhunden

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 3, 2009
    Florida
    Now 2 months, and my check hasn’t cashed. My dealer sent my Form 4 individual out around August 7th and apparently the BATFE office changed locations from West Virginia to Oregon sometime near this timeframe..Anyone else experiencing a delay with their initial processing? I don’t care how long it takes to be approved, I just want to know it was received in a timely manner.

ETA: Checked with my dealer and they do not request tracking or delivery confirmation, lol!