• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Local shop finally processed my can after it showed up last Friday morning. Just need to swing by and drop off photos, money order, and get my prints done. One thing I didn't know that was an unpleasant surprise was that they're charging me a $100 transfer fee. I noticed while I was there Tuesday buying some ammo that their regular transfer fees just went from $25 to $50. What's the most you've paid for a transfer fee for a can? I've been going to this shop for years.

$0, because I buy my cans at silencer shop through a dealer in their vendor list. They are not permitted to charge a transfer fee.

I

I wasn't calling BS on you, the atf data. This guys shop moves a fair amount of cans, he said his average has been around 9 months. Now there may be a lot of people who get a second can into the system while their first one has already been in pending status, and a lot the time they'll both get approved at the same time. So if ones 9, other is 3, I guess that's a 6mo average? Hell idk......

Nfa tracker is wildly inaccurate. Not a single one of my cans has ever lined up with the estimated times.

I disagree with both of you but that is fine, we can agree to disagree. ☺️

I have found NFA tracker to be pretty close on Form 4 individual paper submissions and there are more than a few people that have posted lately in this very thread that are getting 5 month return times.

As far as what your LGS says... I am glad you have that much trust in them. Must be a good one. I've had LGS tell me 6.5 Creedmor is just a fad..... 6.5 Creedmor/6.5 Grendal, same thing..... 45 GAP should be fine in your Glock 21..... etc. 😉

Reactions: IWillNotComply
Form 4

Single Shot Trust

TBAC Dominus

Purchased from Mile High on ??/??/??

Tax stamp cashed: 9/28/2020
Approved: 02/20/2021
Stamp mailed: within 4-5 days is what i was told (no exact date)
Dealer received stamp: 03/08/2021

Suppressor in my hands: not yet as i dont have time to drive 3 hours for it but at least the entire process is over.

Form 4

Single Shot Trust

TBAC Dominus

Dealer received stamp: 03/08/2021

Suppressor in my hands: not yet as i dont have time to drive 3 hours for it but at least the entire process is over.

I have a Dominus on a form 4 single shot trust with check cashed 9/25/20. Hoping my call comes this week too...

Reactions: stello1001
My last 2, that I just picked up about a month ago, were both exactly 5 months from the time I mailed it in to the time I picked it up from my SOT

I just exchanged emails with an ATF representative about my form 1 which is now past 120 days, and she stated that FBI BCG’s are being processed that were submitted on or around 9/30/2020. Sounds like my form 1 will be at least another 6 weeks. I won’t even speculate how long my form 4 will take. It’s only been processing for about a month. I wish it was easy to just forget about this stuff. LOL

Getting ready to drop a form 4 in the mail for a Dominus on my trust with 3 RP on it. Will see how long it takes to cash the check.
Dominus purchased from TBAC with 50% cert 2-4-20

Transferred to my SOT on 12-1-20

Life got busy, my father died, too much to list..

Mailed everything to ATF on 2-22-21, Trust with 3 responsible persons

Check was cashed 3-5-21

Hopefully I will be able to update this in 6-9 months, less would be better, but not expecting it.

Is that for an individual form 4? I'd be calling everyday if so. trusts are going to take longer.
Patience is not always a bad thing. Calling everyday isn’t going to make them approve it any faster. Submit it and forget about it until you get a call.

Honey badger suppressor
Individual through SS kiosk
check cashed 9/21/20
approved 2/15/21
Stamp in hand 3/10/21
Jesus! I just called
Individual through kiosk
Cashed 8/31/20
Still pending
It makes no sense how someone that started a full month behind me has suppressor in hand and I’m still pending.

Jesus! I just called
Individual through kiosk
Cashed 8/31/20
Still pending
It makes no sense how someone that started a full month behind me has suppressor in hand and I’m still pending.
I did one in June 2020 through silencer central that I do not have yet also

Rex Silentium Mg7 .308
NFA Trust 1RP
Mailed: 2/25/21
Cashed 3/10/21
Pending
Approved: TBD
In hand: TBD

This is my second NFA item so I won’t be agonizingly waiting for this as I did for my first can.

Rex Silentium Mg7 .308
NFA Trust 1RP
Mailed: 2/25/21
Cashed 3/10/21
Pending
Approved: TBD
In hand: TBD

This is my second NFA item so I won’t be agonizingly waiting for this as I did for my first can.
That's why I went ahead and got my first 3 at once... All my bases will be covered, so I'll have cans to use while I wait on my future ones. 👍🏼

My stamps were cashed on 12/31, so still waiting over here. Hopefully soon!

Form 4

Single Shot Trust

TBAC Dominus

Dealer received stamp: not yet
Suppressor in my hands: not yet
Basically 4 months? You hit the jackpot, still no stamp in hand?

Still pending from 07/17/20. Can’t wait for “NICS” background checks to look like this too.

Griffin Armament UL300

Single Shot Trust through Silencer Shop

State: Nevada

Purchased: 7/16/2020
Cashed: 8/5/2020
Approved: 12/15/2020
Stamp at dealer: 2/05/21

Yes the dates are correct on the stamp to dealer. Almost hit the 60 day mark to have to send in the certified letter to begin the 60 day wait to wait another 60 days.

Dead Air Sandman L
TacSol Ascent

Silencershop
State: NC
Trust 2 RP

Purchased: 9/10/20
Cashed: 10/14/20
Approved 3/1/21: (138 days from check cashed)
Stamps arrived to dealer: 3/13/21

This was my first suppressor/NFA purchase and was not expecting to have them so "quickly".

Jesus! I just called
Individual through kiosk
Cashed 8/31/20
Still pending
I just did 3 cans from Silencer Shop and their listed NFA wait time is 260! days for form 4 trust thru the mail. NFA tracker has it listed at 197 days (I think it was around the 160 mark in the last couple days, guess it went up by a month+). *from check cashed to approval.
Anyways all these people getting theirs back in 5-6 months time is giving me false hope.
Just wait til someone tells Uncle Joe to sign something about the evil black silencers.

I don't have "check cashed" dates etc as my FFL sent his check and I paid him. I picked it up Sat 3/14 and he sent in the BATFE paperwork on 9/16 so 5 months. Part of my trust. Just to share, he told me he had many forms still pending that were submitted much before mine. His "theory" is some examiners are working faster than others.

Yeah falls in line with all the other form 4 times from my buddy's gun shop. They are getting almost all form 4's back at 4-5 months

Fingers crossed here, waiting on my first can, my check cashed 10/19/20. Thought the wait was bad before now seeing other October cashed dates is making me anxious.

Reactions: 92G
Fingers crossed here, waiting on my first can, my check cashed 10/19/20. Thought the wait was bad before now seeing other October cashed dates is making me anxious.
To be honest, just find another thing to focus on. They are all over the place with timing. I got heavily into reloading last year, so I focused on that and tried to forget about my cans. My plan is to buy another when I go to pick them up. Then it won't be that bad waiting since I will have my other 2 new ones.

Reactions: Shootnwrench
Obsidian 45 Purchased 9/15/20 Individual
Check Cashed 9/28/20
Approved 2/22/21
Stamp Arrived at Dealer 3/15/21 (Exactly 6 months to the day that I purchased it)
:)

Reactions: madams117
Form 4 Trust through SS

Dead Air Mask

Purchased: 9/4/20
Transfered to Dealer: 9/28/20
Check Cashed: 10/7/20
Approved: 3/2/21
Stamp in Hand: 3/12/21

Well... Just bought can #4 today... Dead Air Sandman-S. I was going to go with the Rex Silentium Mod-X .30, but I figured go ahead and get the hard-use can bought and the paperwork on the roll. Then save up for the Rex can down the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: darkfader
Silencer Shop Form 4 Indv. Trust
Omega 36M
Check cashed 06/15/2020
Approved 02/08/2021
In my paws 03/17/2021
Nine months two days

Reactions: madams117
Well damn, I keep checking with my FFL and he hasn’t received it. I might need to call the ATF to check

Silencer Shop Form 4 Indv. Trust
Switchback .22
Check cashed 06/21/2020
Approved 02/12/2021
In my paws 03/20/2021
Nine months minus a day

paid for my first can yesterday, paid for the dominus, tax stamp and h4350 all at once. how do you know if they've taken your money?

Last edited: