Usmcsomerville

USMC Vet
PX Member
PX Member
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2017
Brighton, MI
Come on! where are all my Nov checked cash people getting their suppressors? I'd settle for some Oct. people.
Wouldn't hold your breathe. My checks cashed back at the beginning of Oct for my 2 cans and are still pending. You will see guys get them back around 4 months all the way out to like 8-11 months. Its just a roll of the dice.

moosestang

Private
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2020
Gainesville, florida
Wouldn't hold your breathe. My checks cashed back at the beginning of Oct for my 2 cans and are still pending. You will see guys get them back around 4 months all the way out to like 8-11 months. Its just a roll of the dice.
Did you do a trust? what state are you in? CCW? I'm hoping being all ready in the FBI system speeds mine up. Plus I did indiviual.

Usmcsomerville

USMC Vet
PX Member
PX Member
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2017
Brighton, MI
Did you do a trust? what state are you in? CCW? I'm hoping being all ready in the FBI system speeds mine up. Plus I did indiviual.
I did Silencershop Single Shot Trust, in Michigan. I dont think CCW or any type of clearance speeds things up (i could be wrong). The past month I was very anxiously waiting, but decided it will happen when it does.

• Haha
Reactions: NateSavannah

mallen45

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
PX Member
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2020
KAC MK11 Can Filed as a Trust
Check cashed June 1 2019
Approved February 1 2020
Stamp in hand February 16 2020

Ronin_64

Private
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2014
Alaska & Hawaii
Never heard a CCW make a difference. If that mattered, you would think a prior approval of a suppressor and granting of tax stamp would mean near instantaneous approval of a new can. No such thing unfortunately

Reactions: nikonNUT

ffjoey

Private
PX Member
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2011
Tampa Bay
Never heard a CCW make a difference. If that mattered, you would think a prior approval of a suppressor and granting of tax stamp would mean near instantaneous approval of a new can. No such thing unfortunately
Me either but someone referenced it a couple posts before mine.

barnesm44

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2018
PNW
Dead Air Sandman-L
Form 4 Trust (2 RP)
Purchased: 8/3/2020
Check Cashed: 9/11/2020
Approved: 2/2/2021
Stamp In Hand: 2/17/2021
Standardized Wait: 145 Days
Total Wait: 198 Days
State: WA

Last edited:
Reactions: Shootnwrench

bgolf92

Private
PX Member
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2017
Rugged Radiant
Silencer Shop Single Shot Trust
Check cashed 9/15/2020
Approved 2/4/2021
Waiting on stamp

NateSavannah

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
  • May 25, 2020
    Georgia
    www.None.com
    I did Silencershop Single Shot Trust, in Michigan. I dont think CCW or any type of clearance speeds things up (i could be wrong). The past month I was very anxiously waiting, but decided it will happen when it does.
    the many stages of waiting on your suppressor. denials next. chill. itll be ok. itll show up. until it doesnt.

Usmcsomerville

USMC Vet
    PX Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 21, 2017
    Brighton, MI
    the many stages of waiting on your suppressor. denials next. chill. itll be ok. itll show up. until it doesnt.
    Luckily I bought these 2 cans from my buddies shop/range (who also has a 700yd range) so I can use them whenever I shoot there, while I am waiting. So it's not too painful. I do want my nav22 can though for my 50yd range at home.

NateSavannah

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • May 25, 2020
    Georgia
    www.None.com
    Luckily I bought these 2 cans from my buddies shop/range (who also has a 700yd range) so I can use them whenever I shoot there, while I am waiting. So it's not too painful. I do want my nav22 can though for my 50yd range at home.
    you are a lucky man my friend. I wish there was a 700yd range attached to the jail my suppressors are sitting in.....

REL1203

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Mar 31, 2010
    Centreville, VA
    YHM Resonator K
    Form 4 Individual

2/11 - ATF Received Paperwork
    2/18 - Check Cashed

This wait is going to kill me. Might pick up my next one to pass the time.
    This is the best advice anyone can give you.. Wait 3 months after your first purchase, and buy another, and then 3 months after that (so 6 months after the first purchase), buy another, and it keeps the ball rolling, so once they start coming in, your have some to play with as you wait... Or do what I did, and 1 month after your F4, start doing Form 1s, and be amazed at how quick and easy they are....

Reactions: IowaGeologist

Andrew863

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 21, 2018
    Griffin Armament optimus 9
    Sent paper work 9/21/20
    ATF took money 10/1/20
    Received stamp 2/19/21

142 days is much better then it use to be. My last one took 11 months. Still way longer the we should have to wait but i'm not getting started on that.

Andrew863

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 21, 2018
    This thread being at the top and seeing all these approvals after my cash date makes it hard not to want to call every day!
    From what we have been seeing low end 4-5 moths high end 6-7 right now which is much better then in the past but still way to long. Some gun stores drag there feet and only send them off a few times a year which is crazy.

jwhjwh54

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jun 13, 2017
    Nashville, TN
    From what we have been seeing low end 4-5 moths high end 6-7 right now which is much better then in the past but still way to long. Some gun stores drag there feet and only send them off a few times a year which is crazy.
    yeah mine held it for 4 months because they were changing their FFL address, opening a new location, and were waiting to submit it under the new FFL/sot or whatever.... and forgot to tell me. I'm sitting at 6 months cashed but I bought it back in April 2020. Can't wait to pick it up and be done.

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Feb 15, 2017
    Kansas
    Getting ready to drop a form 4 in the mail for a Dominus on my trust with 3 RP on it. Will see how long it takes to cash the check.

nikonNUT

Gunny Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2019
    The Range
    Got bored at work and called the NFA today. Good news!
    Deadair Mask
    Form 4 Individual
    Purchased - 09/18/2020
    Pending - 10/05/2020
    Approved - 02/03/2021
    EDIT: Stamp in hand 02/23/2021 (I'd guess it would have been here a week sooner if it wasn't for Snowmageddon :LOL: )
    122 days. Beats the pants off the last one at 256 days!

Last edited:

SingleSeat

Private
    Minuteman
    Jul 1, 2020
    This is my first can...

Thunder Beast Ultra 9
    Traditional Trust
    Check Cashed 8/17/2020
    Approved 1/27/2021
    Picked up 2/14/2021
    Same exact purchase/submission date as you. Still waiting on two cans, Form 4 Trust w/my name alone.

cgobeli

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2018
    Same exact purchase/submission date as you. Still waiting on two cans, Form 4 Trust w/my name alone.
    I have a total of 3 names on my trust, so hopefully you hear something soon.

I have another can about 40 days behind this one, and another can 100 days beyond that one.

Jackpine_Savage

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Sep 13, 2009
    Todd County, Minnesota
    I've been following this thread for awhile. I finally have something to add!

DA Mask
    Trust
    Check cashed - 9/1/20
    Approved - 1/26/21
    Stamp arrived - 2/11/21

DA Nomad
    Trust
    Check cashed - 9/1/20
    Approved - 1/30/21 (I broke down and called)
    No call on stamp yet dammit!

bunny too

Just a cook
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    May 5, 2020
    Wyoming
    Both on Form 4 INDV. trusts

Switchback
    Check cashed 06.24
    Approved 02.15
    No stamp yet

Omega 36M
    Check cashed 06.12
    Approved 02.12
    No stamp yet

Good luck to you all out there.

BuckeyeLeadslinger

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 9, 2019
    How long is the wait time on a form 4 to date? Post how long you have been waiting or how long you recently waited before it was completed and sighned.

JAY
    I purchased 3 cans about 2 weeks apart in June 2020. 1 came back after 5 months, 1 in 7 months, and the latest came yesterday which would be about 8 months. Hope this helps.

Reactions: bunny too

larryh128

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    May 31, 2019
    no part of the process takes very long. they just lazy. and refuse to hire more people. they could process each persons shit and be done with it in the matter of hours.
    Latest figures show they had over 500,000 NFA forms to deal with. Don't think they are sleeping at their desk. Longest part is getting the FBI clearance back.

NateSavannah

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • May 25, 2020
    Georgia
    www.None.com
    Latest figures show they had over 500,000 NFA forms to deal with. Don't think they are sleeping at their desk. Longest part is getting the FBI clearance back.
    isnt it the same fbi clearance that forms 1s require? and form 1s are only taking 30 days. so they have alot of form 4s to go thru, hire more people. this long wait isnt anything new. this is a problem that has easy solutions, they just refuse to address what they dont see as a problem.

Reactions: darkfader

darkfader

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • May 26, 2020
    West Virginia
    It seems like it would be the exact same BGC as the form 1, but my form 1 has been in “SUBMITTED/PROCESSING” for 107 days. My BGC is spotless.

NateSavannah

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • May 25, 2020
    Georgia
    www.None.com
    It seems like it would be the exact same BGC as the form 1, but my form 1 has been in “SUBMITTED/PROCESSING” for 107 days. My BGC is spotless.
    that sucks man. Nfa tracker has it at 32 days last I checked if you do efile with a trust. I had one take over 18 months a number of years ago. Sometimes the government .govs you. hurry up and wait. for no damned reason.

darkfader

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • May 26, 2020
    West Virginia
    Yep. Mine was efile as individual, but it was submitted status immediately and cover letter and prints were submitted immediately as well. Ive already spoken to an ATF representative, and was told it’s in the FBI’s hands. I happen to have a good friend who works here at the NICS office in WV, and he said they are just overwhelmed with BGC’s with all the millions of firearm transfers plus NFA stuff. I’m just hurrying up and waiting, however annoying it is. I’ve got a form 4 submitted as well. I’m taking bets on which one comes back first.

NateSavannah

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • May 25, 2020
    Georgia
    www.None.com
    Yep. Mine was efile as individual, but it was submitted status immediately and cover letter and prints were submitted immediately as well. Ive already spoken to an ATF representative, and was told it’s in the FBI’s hands. I happen to have a good friend who works here at the NICS office in WV, and he said they are just overwhelmed with BGC’s with all the millions of firearm transfers plus NFA stuff. I’m just hurrying up and waiting, however annoying it is. I’ve got a form 4 submitted as well. I’m taking bets on which one comes back first.
    they dont even have Efile as an individual as an option at nfa tracker. tho theyve got filing as an individual thru paper instead of efile and according to the lastest submissions to their website thats taking 227 days opposed to efile with a trust taking 32 days. wonder if the fact that you filed as an individual instead of trust has anything to do with it.
    if you havent seen the nfa tracker website.

mallen45

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Mar 29, 2020
    I just got a Form 1 and Form 4 approved on February 1st. Form 1 took 5 months and the Form 4 was 8 months. It’s more about sitting on the forms than it is going through the background. It’s a red tape exercise. They want to deter folks away from NFA items