• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Form 4 individual silencershop
TBAC Dominus SR
Check cashed 12-30-20
Approved July 26 2021
Stamp?

Form 4 individual silencershop
TBAC Dominus K
Check cashed 12-28-20
Pending.

So you have to go in to a place that has the kiosk?
I live out in BFE so I just mailed them in my fingerprints, super easy. For the photo you can use their app. I wouldn't worry about going way out of your way to go to a kiosk if you would rather use another dealer in their network. I wasn't about to drive an hour one way just because that dealer had a kiosk (and would also have to drive that far again to look at or pick up my suppressors). The fingerprints and photos are by far the easiest part of the process. You don't need a kiosk to do that.
If you really wanted I believe SS even sells a fingerprint kit, or you could order the free cards off the ATF website and get a fingerprint pad off amazon.

I live out in BFE so I just mailed them in my fingerprints, super easy. For the photo you can use their app. I wouldn't worry about going way out of your way to go to a kiosk if you would rather use another dealer in their network. I wasn't about to drive an hour one way just because that dealer had a kiosk (and would also have to drive that far again to look at or pick up my suppressors). The fingerprints and photos are by far the easiest part of the process. You don't need a kiosk to do that.
If you really wanted I believe SS even sells a fingerprint kit, or you could order the free cards off the ATF website and get a fingerprint pad off amazon.
I would rather go to kiosk if I can just do it all there and be done honestly

Reactions: FuhQ
Many do. I preferred to do it all at my house and be done just as easily. I was just explaining that it's not necessary in reference to the question asked. It's marginally easier than using a paper card and the app so there would really be no reason to chose a SOT solely on that basis. I've heard of people in this thread driving an hour just to use a kiosk and then having to use that dealer for the transfer. Personally 4 hours of my life (2 round trips) is worth more than the cost of a stamp and having to wash ink of my fingertips.
Definitely a "to each their own" situation.

Reactions: 92G
Many do. I preferred to do it all at my house and be done just as easily. I was just explaining that it's not necessary in reference to the question asked. It's marginally easier than using a paper card and the app so there would really be no reason to chose a SOT solely on that basis. I've heard of people in this thread driving an hour just to use a kiosk and then having to use that dealer for the transfer. Personally 4 hours of my life (2 round trips) is worth more than the cost of a stamp and having to wash ink of my fingertips.
Definitely a "to each their own" situation.
If there's another kiosk close by (which there should be here)I will do that,but if not I can get my prints done again at the police station. They do it here for $5 every Wednesday

Reactions: jb0311
If there's another kiosk close by (which there should be here)I will do that,but if not I can get my prints done again at the police station. They do it here for $5 every Wednesday
the good thing is that either way (kiosk or paper card) once SS has them they digitize them and you won't have to do them again.

It's the best way, honestly. Plus, they store all your stuff in their database. So, once it's on file, buying new cans is like buying from Amazon. I think you have to update your prints every couple years, small price to pay to drive to a kiosk once every few years to update your prints, for that level of ease and convenience. Just simply my opinion, but some folks like doing it the old school way where they have to snail-mail everything and it takes FOREVER.

Reactions: JLP83
It's the best way, honestly. Plus, they store all your stuff in their database. So, once it's on file, buying new cans is like buying from Amazon. I think you have to update your prints every couple years, small price to pay to drive to a kiosk once every few years to update your prints, for that level of ease and convenience. Just simply my opinion, but some folks like doing it the old school way where they have to snail-mail everything and it takes FOREVER.
Yeah I don't want to do that again. I'd rather just drive to a kiosk.

Obviously it depends on where you are mailing from but it took like 2 days for it to get there and the remainder of the business week for them to digitize them. I can wait under a week for part of a process that will ultimately take several months if I’m lucky. I only chime in so that someone new to the process doesn’t think that the kiosk is so convenient they NEED to drive 2 hours ,to a SOT they would never use otherwise, vs doing the exact same thing at home, minus the ink. If someone can’t figure out how to do fingerprints on their own, I have little faith they will even be able to attach the suppressor to their barrel when the time comes either.

I digress though, as this is supposed to be a “wait-time” thread.

First suppressor purchase -Dead Air Nomad
Purchased 7/19/21 - individual
Check cashed 7/29/21

Suppressor purchased on 5/28/20. It had to be transferred on a Form 3, which took 3 months. Form 4 filed on 8/22/220, check cashed on 12/16/21. Approved on 7/27/21. Only 14 months so far!

Form 4 Deadair Nomad LT
Pending 12/29/2020
Approval 7/28/2021
Wait 211 day's
Stamp TBD.
You sent me a PM, but closed it before I could respond... 2 of my 3 were approved on 7/16/21, but I still haven't gotten my stamps yet. Called the dealer today, and they looked and said that they weren't in their most recent stack. So, I guess they'll be in the next batch....Hopefully.

December forms seemed to creep. I’m February so who knows how much longer it’ll take. I may start another one while I wait.
I started the process on 2 more this weekend. Got the silencershop stuff all set up now so it will be easier going forward. With how long it takes, I'm just going to continue to get a new one when my next stamp comes in, until I have all that I want.

Reactions: darkfader
I started the process on 2 more this weekend. Got the silencershop stuff all set up now so it will be easier going forward. With how long it takes, I'm just going to continue to get a new one when my next stamp comes in, until I have all that I want.
You never get enough. How do you think Thunderbeast and the ATF stay in business?

Dead Air Mask HD
Form 4 Individual @ SS Kiosk

Purchased: 9/14/20
Cashed: 10/31/20
Approved: 8/02/21
Stamp at Dealer: Not yet

Form 4 individual Silencershop
TBAC DOMINUS K
Check cashed 12/30/2020
Approved 8/4/2021
Stamp?

Well... 2 of my first 3 stamps arrived earlier today, so I went and got my cans. The Dead Air Nomad-LT & Mask HD. 👍🏼

12/4/20 - Purchased suppressors online @ Silencer Shop.
12/5/20 - Fingerprints & photo done (via SS kiosk) at local FFL/SOT.
12/7/20 - DocuSign emails sent & immediately completed/returned to Silencer Shop.
12/8/20 - Cans shipped to local FFL/SOT.
12/11/20 - Received copies of Trusts.
12/14/20 - Cans arrived at local FFL/SOT (via USPS).
12/14/20 - Form 4 mailed to BATFE.
12/29/20 - Applications received & Tax Stamps cashed by BATFE.
7/16/21 - Approved
8/5/21 - Stamps @ Dealer & Cans now at home!

59310531-42EE-407B-823E-014A125AE4A4.jpeg

Reactions: DarinC
Omg..that wait has to SUCK! I’ve been waiting for almost 7 months and I’m getting incredibly impatient.
Yeah, of the four of us that made purchases the same week, I am the only one still waiting.
If your stamp was cashed 1/7/21 I would look for your approval first week of September if you get lucky.

Last edited:
Yeah, of the four of us that made purchases the same week, I am the only one still waiting.
If your stamp was cashed 1/7/21 I would look for your approval first week of September if you get lucky.
Yep...I’m 12/10/20...I think the volume skyrocketed late 2020/early 2021

Shit the way things are moving they will probably still be on December

Both of mine were cashed on 12/31 and got my stamps back on 8/2.
Awesome! What cans did you get? My 2 that came back were my Nomad-LT and Mask HD.

Nevermind, I see in the post above... If you haven't shot the Nomad-L yet, be prepared to be shocked at how quiet it is on short-action bolt-action rifles and subsonic .300 BLK. My Nomad-LT is insane. My local SOT is a machine gun range, and they have tons of cans, and customers who have suppressors, and everyone that works there heard it, and was shocked at how good it sounds & how quiet it is. The Nomad-L is the same can, just stainless steel instead of titanium.

Reactions: sandhiller
TBAC 338 Ultra
Form 4 Trust
Check cashed 7/21
Stamp Received TBD

Awesome! What cans did you get? My 2 that came back were my Nomad-LT and Mask HD.

Nevermind, I see in the post above... If you haven't shot the Nomad-L yet, be prepared to be shocked at how quiet it is on short-action bolt-action rifles and subsonic .300 BLK. My Nomad-LT is insane. My local SOT is a machine gun range, and they have tons of cans, and customers who have suppressors, and everyone that works there heard it, and was shocked at how good it sounds & how quiet it is. The Nomad-L is the same can, just stainless steel instead of titanium.
I had a chance to try it out yesterday on my Howa 300 blackout and my 6.5....I was definitely impressed. Another one that surprised me was the Hybrid. It pretty much blew my Sig SRD45 out of the water. Very happy with both purchases in all. Now, I'm just waiting on a 3-lug adapter for the Hybrid.

2 of mine were bought 12/4, cashed on 12/31, and I just got approved on 7/16, and my stamps back on 8/5.
so my only one in the que is running behind what they were previously by 2 months but about the same as the current situation

sent in on 12/10/2020 but not cashed until January 15th 2021 and still waiting

previous one was sent in on 11/05/2021 cashed on 12/02/2020 and received stamp on 6/8/2021

so my only one in the que is running behind what they were previously by 2 months but about the same as the current situation

sent in on 12/10/2020 but not cashed until January 15th 2021 and still waiting

previous one was sent in on 11/05/2021 cashed on 12/02/2020 and received stamp on 6/8/2021
The idiot at the dealer told me 4-6 months average when I bought mine in early December. He lied, and has since been fired for his stupidity encroaching into other facets of his job. Took me 8 months and 1 day from purchase to in-hand.

Screenshot_20210811-203951_Sync Pro.jpg

It's so weird how 99% of the approvals for the past 3 months have been <Dec 31, yet every few days, they slip in some random mid March approval. This is from the NFA sub just now

Reactions: Deadair7302
Form 4 Trust (1 Responsible Person)
State: Indiana

Rugged Oculus 22
Purchased: 3/26/2021
Check Cashed: 4/8/2021
Approval: TBD
Received: TBD

Rugged Obsidian 45
Check Cashed: 4/6/2021

YHM Resonator R2
Check Cashed: 4/6/2012

Tbac ultra 7
Form 4 single shot trust.
Submitted - 8/13/2021
Cashed - 8/22/2021
Approved - ?
Received - ?

well at least I know 2022 will give me one good thing.

Last edited:

Just got to try my Nomad l holy cow 300 blackout is just the gun cycling. My new favorite with 300 blackout.

Just got to try my Nomad l holy cow 300 blackout is just the gun cycling. My new favorite with 300 blackout.
This is why my next 3 rifle purchases are going to be Ruger American Ranch rifles chambered for .300 BLK, 6.5 Grendel, and .350 Legend.

Of course, the .350 Legend will have to be ran through my Rugged Obsidian 45... If the dealer will ever get the go-ahead from the ATF to re-submit all the kicked-back Form-4's from their FFL number fiasco. There was a bunch of people who got disapproved due to the dealer swapping FFL numbers in the middle of a fiscal year (changed ownership, so had to get a new FFL number), and some of the Form-4's and stamps were cashed after 1/1/2021, and it caused a huge issue with about 100 Form-4's...Unfortunately, my Obsidian 45 was one of them. I was less than a month from an approval. They're going to expedite all the affected Form-4's, but they're waiting on the ATF to tell them when to resubmit them. Hopefully soon.

Same dealer, but at least my Nomad-LT and Mask HD slipped through the cracks and got approved. So that made me happy. I don't shoot pistols that much, so it's not a huge deal that the Rugged was the 1 can that this affected.

This is why my next 3 rifle purchases are going to be Ruger American Ranch rifles chambered for .300 BLK, 6.5 Grendel, and .350 Legend.

Of course, the .350 Legend will have to be ran through my Rugged Obsidian 45... If the dealer will ever get the go-ahead from the ATF to re-submit all the kicked-back Form-4's from their FFL number fiasco. There was a bunch of people who got disapproved due to the dealer swapping FFL numbers in the middle of a fiscal year (changed ownership, so had to get a new FFL number), and some of the Form-4's and stamps were cashed after 1/1/2021, and it caused a huge issue with about 100 Form-4's...Unfortunately, my Obsidian 45 was one of them. I was less than a month from an approval. They're going to expedite all the affected Form-4's, but they're waiting on the ATF to tell them when to resubmit them. Hopefully soon.

Same dealer, but at least my Nomad-LT and Mask HD slipped through the cracks and got approved. So that made me happy. I don't shoot pistols that much, so it's not a huge deal that the Rugged was the 1 can that this affected.
Yea I was wondering about 6.5 threw the nomad l. I will be getting on that to. I have the Obsidian 45 and it's a great can to. Butt the Nomad L is just wow. I would even say it's quieter than my Wolfman using 9mm subs plus wipes and that is saying something. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

I am going to any recommendations?
I just picked up a Howa 1500 mini-action (My LGS had 1 left for $400)....I couldn't pass that up. I'm still breaking in the barrel, but so far I really like it. The Ruger American 300 blackout is pretty good also. Those are the only ones I've really looked at though.