• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Been my issue for a decade
Well, I have plenty of space to shoot on my property right outside the door. But let me tell you it's enormously time consuming owning acreage. Bush hogging. Fixing broken bush hog or tractor. Hours mowing the"yard". Pole saw action on infringing branches. It doesn't end. But I wouldn't give it up for anything.

sandman L. surefire alignment rod is nearly contacting the endcap. I'm not perfectionist about bore alignment but this seems gnarly. always in the same location (8 o'clock) relative to keymo indexing point. same on multiple hosts with multiple muzzle devices. interesting part is that when removing the endcap, alignment with the baffles appears perfect. presumably the endcap threading is misaligned with the suppressor body...well at least most other sources of misalignment have been ruled out.

it ran great on my howa 1500 308. no evidence of endcap strikes. regardless it's heading back to dead air. it's my first DA product. disappointing considering price and the supposed build quality. they issued me two different RMA #'s which is extra confusing. hopefully they can get it fixed in reasonable timeframe. every manufacturer puts out some lemons, but it seems like i've always been a magnet for them.

IMG_7515.jpg
IMG_7516.jpg

thoughts?

@92G man this is disappointing. Hear nothing but good things about the sandman. Am debating between a Sandman S and RC2 right now for a 10.5” sbr. Seems like DA has been having some qc issues with products but are a good company and take care of ya if you have problems. Sucks to have a problem after waiting months though. I’m sure they’ll fix it and take care of ya though!

Reactions: 92G
sandman L. surefire alignment rod is nearly contacting the endcap. I'm not perfectionist about bore alignment but this seems gnarly. always in the same location (8 o'clock) relative to keymo indexing point. same on multiple hosts with multiple muzzle devices. interesting part is that when removing the endcap, alignment with the baffles appears perfect. presumably the endcap threading is misaligned with the suppressor body...well at least most other sources of misalignment have been ruled out.

it ran great on my howa 1500 308. no evidence of endcap strikes. regardless it's heading back to dead air. it's my first DA product. disappointing considering price and the supposed build quality. they issued me two different RMA #'s which is extra confusing. hopefully they can get it fixed in reasonable timeframe. every manufacturer puts out some lemons, but it seems like i've always been a magnet for them.

View attachment 7647373 View attachment 7647374

thoughts?
Dead Air has great customer service. If it's just the end-cap, and the baffles appear to be aligned perfectly, then that should be a cheap easy fix for them...Just send you a new cap. If you don't already have the Sandman/Nomad end cap tool, go ahead and get you one. It will let you remove/install without marring or scratching your end cap or suppressor finish. 👍🏼

@92G man this is disappointing. Hear nothing but good things about the sandman. Am debating between a Sandman S and RC2 right now for a 10.5” sbr. Seems like DA has been having some qc issues with products but are a good company and take care of ya if you have problems. Sucks to have a problem after waiting months though. I’m sure they’ll fix it and take care of ya though!
It's probably just his end-cap. He says the baffles appear to be aligned perfectly, so and end cap is a quick easy fix. Just screws on/off. 👍🏼

It's probably just his end-cap. He says the baffles appear to be aligned perfectly, so and end cap is a quick easy fix. Just screws on/off. 👍🏼

no. Read the post. The end cap itself is not the problem. the problem is either the mount itself (most likely) or the end cap threads are off bore. if the problem we’re the endcap then rotation of the endcap would cause misalignment to rotate with the endcap itself. It does not. im aware it threads on/off that’s typically how threads work.

misalignment on dead air suppressors seems widespread. My issue is not unique. They try to play it off as ok and simple tolerance stacking, which it is not because again tolerance stacking cannot always be in the same direction…it’s by definition random in either direction of the tolerances. an endcap cannot be a few thousands from a strike and be considered GTG. They’re manufacturing a huge# of devices, prioritizing profit over QC and it shows.

dead air claims 50-60 day turnaround from time it’s received. Is that great customer service in your world? If the repair is anything less than speedy and perfect it will be my last product from them. I have no problem permanently avoiding manufacturers (eg Sig) for garbage build quality and shady repair despite being a Sig certified armorer.

Last edited:
What's up guys? I'm new on here, but if you guys are still interested in wait times... I ordered my CGS MOD9 on June 6, 2020, I am stll waiting. Got my approval from ATF on 5/27/21, but I guess now its a wait on Local Sheriff's, or PD Approval or Notification or whatever they do for a Trust..

Now. I have what are probably some really dumb, and probably already asked questions... But, I haven't seen them asked yet, or the answers.. I am Really wanting to order another Silencer, Like Right Now, but I am F'ing DREADING another 12-13 months of waiting... Does anyone know of any faster way? In case nobody has noticed.. This ATF Wait time is a F'ing JOKE!! We shouldn't even have to go through this Crap.. I do believe we are supposed to have access to the SAME as those of the "Upper Echelon of Our Society", who happen to believe They are in Total Control of "Allowing and/or Denying" the Control/Possession/Use of Such access, so as to Deny Us Our Right to keep our Government IN CHECK, and to keep them from Ever becoming TYRANNICAL??..... So, question... Doesn't what's going on(The whole MANDATORY process of obtaining NFA Items), kind of DEFINE the word TYRANNICAL??? Just a thought I had...

So anyway. Oh, I'm sorry, i actually have 2 more(multiple part) questions... Lol
1)Has anyone bought/used the Energetic Armament VOX .30cal Silencer?? If so, is it REALLY, THAT quiet?? With and WithOut Wipes??
2) Has anyone tried a Form 1, and if I so, is it legal to have someone else make my Baffles/Cups if I design them?? Unfortunately, I don't have a Lathe.. Yet! So, If so, does anyone have any suggestions on an awesome machinist/designer? Maybe even in the PHX, AZ Area? I've got a design and have them rough drafted, but will need the final drawings, and more than likely a revision on my volumes.. So I don't blow myself, or any of my guns up!!🤯🥵👻 Lmao

And A FINAL Sorry.. For Now At Least.. Sorry so long, but I HAD To say all of that, or my ADHD would have made forgotten all of it, if I didn't spit them out Immediately... If I happen to see a shiny object, or a Hot Chick walk by, 95% of my Brain and Thoughts follow Her Behind.. I mean, Behind Her.... It.. Whatever.. Thank you guys for any Advice, Help, and Especially for the time I've now taken from your day to help me answer these silly questions!!!

Thank You!,
Figgy

no. Read the post. The end cap itself is not the problem. the problem is either the mount itself (most likely) or the end cap threads are off bore. if the problem we’re the endcap then rotation of the endcap would cause misalignment to rotate with the endcap itself. It does not. im aware it threads on/off that’s typically how threads work.

misalignment on dead air suppressors seems widespread. My issue is not unique. They try to play it off as ok and simple tolerance stacking, which it is not because again tolerance stacking cannot always be in the same direction…it’s by definition random in either direction of the tolerances. an endcap cannot be a few thousands from a strike and be considered GTG. They’re manufacturing a huge# of devices, prioritizing profit over QC and it shows.

dead air claims 50-60 day turnaround from time it’s received. Is that great customer service in your world? If the repair is anything less than speedy and perfect it will be my last product from them. I have no problem permanently avoiding manufacturers (eg Sig) for garbage build quality and shady repair despite being a Sig certified armorer.
Oh yeah, I forgot that you’re “that guy” with the hard-on for hating Dead Air. Yeah, I’m just going to ignore you now. 😂

What's up guys? I'm new on here, but if you guys are still interested in wait times... I ordered my CGS MOD9 on June 6, 2020, I am stll waiting. Got my approval from ATF on 5/27/21, but I guess now its a wait on Local Sheriff's, or PD Approval or Notification or whatever they do for a Trust..

Now. I have what are probably some really dumb, and probably already asked questions... But, I haven't seen them asked yet, or the answers.. I am Really wanting to order another Silencer, Like Right Now, but I am F'ing DREADING another 12-13 months of waiting... Does anyone know of any faster way? In case nobody has noticed.. This ATF Wait time is a F'ing JOKE!! We shouldn't even have to go through this Crap.. I do believe we are supposed to have access to the SAME as those of the "Upper Echelon of Our Society", who happen to believe They are in Total Control of "Allowing and/or Denying" the Control/Possession/Use of Such access, so as to Deny Us Our Right to keep our Government IN CHECK, and to keep them from Ever becoming TYRANNICAL??..... So, question... Doesn't what's going on(The whole MANDATORY process of obtaining NFA Items), kind of DEFINE the word TYRANNICAL??? Just a thought I had...

So anyway. Oh, I'm sorry, i actually have 2 more(multiple part) questions... Lol
1)Has anyone bought/used the Energetic Armament VOX .30cal Silencer?? If so, is it REALLY, THAT quiet?? With and WithOut Wipes??
2) Has anyone tried a Form 1, and if I so, is it legal to have someone else make my Baffles/Cups if I design them?? Unfortunately, I don't have a Lathe.. Yet! So, If so, does anyone have any suggestions on an awesome machinist/designer? Maybe even in the PHX, AZ Area? I've got a design and have them rough drafted, but will need the final drawings, and more than likely a revision on my volumes.. So I don't blow myself, or any of my guns up!!🤯🥵👻 Lmao

And A FINAL Sorry.. For Now At Least.. Sorry so long, but I HAD To say all of that, or my ADHD would have made forgotten all of it, if I didn't spit them out Immediately... If I happen to see a shiny object, or a Hot Chick walk by, 95% of my Brain and Thoughts follow Her Behind.. I mean, Behind Her.... It.. Whatever.. Thank you guys for any Advice, Help, and Especially for the time I've now taken from your day to help me answer these silly questions!!!

Thank You!,
Figgy

Short answers to your questions:

(1) I don't know anything about Energetic Armament.
(2) Go to https://www.quietbore.com/ They are great to do business with.

1623769968412.png

haha....joking. Procrastinator that I am, we just did the Form 4 in mid-May.....but I anticipate this to be me in 6-10 months. haha

Thank You!,
Figgy
To your question of is there a faster way to get a can approved. Yes there is. Have had a check cashed 9 months ago.

Reactions: 92G
Have 2 of them in jail now...looks like late Summer and maybe Christmas 🤬

Dead Air Sandman K:
Form 3: Delivered to Dealer on 2/10/2021 8:23:17 PM
Form 4 (Single Shot): Tax Stamp Cashed on 3/4/2021

Dead Air Nomad-Ti:
Form 3: Delivered to Dealer on 5/29/2021 8:27:40 PM
Form 4 (Single Shot): Tax Stamp Cashed on 6/8/2021

Ordered 3 cans (Ultra 7-6.5, Dominus, & 338 ultra) from TBAC directly with some certs in November 2020…

serial numbers were just assigned last week. Waiting for form 3’s to clear so I can finally start this long form 4 wait game.

1 years 5 months, thanks you the sorry POS at the gun store southside Savannah held on to my paper work for 11 months before mailing it.

There is nothing like a negative review, along with the name and address of the gun store, online in forums like this to spread the word to help potential customers avoid this establishment.

In other words, give us the name and address of the store unless that violates the TOS.

Reactions: FuhQ
1 years 5 months, thanks you the sorry POS at the gun store southside Savannah held on to my paper work for 11 months before mailing it.
Yeah if I lived in Savannah I’d ask who/what LGS! What a total POS is right! That angers me. F that place. Glad you finally got your can!

Purchased a Dead Air Wolfman and Mask from SilencerShop on 11/10/2020. Check was cashed on 12/09/2020 and both were approved 06/05/2021. Picked them from my dealer yesterday.

178 days from cashed to approved.

Reactions: 92G and 07SGT4623
Called to make sure I didn't hear wrong on my approved date. The dude said the dealer should receive the stamp in 45 days. I'm at 36 days

update. Suppressor in hand finally.

Last edited:
Griffin Armament GP5

Silencershop
State: NC
Trust with 2 RP

Purchased: 11/15/20
Cashed: 12/15/20
Approved: 6/7/21: (175 days from check cashed)
Stamp at dealer: 6/23/21

--

I have another can with cash date of 12/23/20 which is not yet approved. It looks like average wait times have steadily increased over past few months from 130's -> 150's -> 180's.

Reactions: Deadair7302
Griffin Armament GP5

Silencershop
State: NC
Trust with 2 RP

Purchased: 11/15/20
Cashed: 12/15/20
Approved: 6/7/21: (175 days from check cashed)
Stamp at dealer: 6/23/21

--

I have another can with cash date of 12/23/20 which is not yet approved. It looks like average wait times have steadily increased over past few months from 130's -> 150's -> 180's.
I think they were taking 30 days to cash checks I have a similar situation to yours got my November on earlier this month and expecting the December one next month both took longer than Normal for checks to get cashed

$200 hit my card on 12/22/20, got call yesterday from LGS that suppressor stamp was approved. individual.

Reactions: Lunchbox27
I’m not his biggest fan either after the bumpstock ban crap, but the only reason I mentioned Trump, is because as far as a 2024 candidate goes, nobody is going to beat him, nobody technically beat him in 2020 other than lies and rigged results… But with DeSantis as VP, keeping Kushner and Ivanka OUT of the WH, and with all the outspoken new pro-2A blood in congress, and if midterms turn back a majority in both houses, statistically it would be much more likely than it had been for decades… Just saying.

You're way beyond optimism, with that kinda positivity you probably think your can is going to show up in 30 days too!

They're all crooked and the shits broken beyond repair, the good news is if you acknowledge it now then you have from here forward to plan accordingly

I think they were taking 30 days to cash checks I have a similar situation to yours got my November on earlier this month and expecting the December one next month both took longer than Normal for checks to get cashed
Don't know if it's any reason for optimism, but they cashed my check 1 week after receiving my application, 5-21-2021. Fingers crossed that I'll get it while I'm still young enough to enjoy it.

You're way beyond optimism, with that kinda positivity you probably think your can is going to show up in 30 days too!

They're all crooked and the shits broken beyond repair, the good news is if you acknowledge it now then you have from here forward to plan accordingly
Whatever you say cool guy... 🙄 Where would the world be without such optimistic and intelligent souls like yourself telling the rest of us peons how we should all think, act, and feel...And especially what all we should know is and isn't, because nobody would ever try to hide their lack of intelligence, by attempting to grace the world with it, by acting like a dick...When it's very obvious by your consistent gross overcompensation of sarcasm by being a douche to complete strangers. 🤦🏼

I've been around guns and NFA items my entire life. I now how this game works...But once again, congrats on assuming you know more than me. 👍🏼

If they hold up, I should be getting a call in a week, maybe 2 tops!
Hope your right just checked the NFA tracker on individual form 4s and it went up past 200 day's on check cashed. I'm still waiting on one from 12/28/2020. The crazy thing is I already got one with the same date a month ago. I figure we should have ours bye mid August or the end of it.

Welp, guess Ill add another one.

Surefire socom556 rc2

Trust

Purchased 7/1/21: ss reads as signatures complete

The good thing is ill still get to shoot it since my dealers shop is in a local gun range

Hope your right just checked the NFA tracker on individual form 4s and it went up past 200 day's on check cashed. I'm still waiting on one from 12/28/2020. The crazy thing is I already got one with the same date a month ago. I figure we should have ours bye mid August or the end of it.
Yeah, like I said, those first 3 are my biggest annoyance, since I have never even been able to see them, handle them, or even use them, because the dealer (nearest one with a kiosk at the time) is 75 miles away from my house, so going to see them is an entire day's task. Plus, they don't have a range, so I'm not able to shoot them... So, what's the point in wasting the time and gas to get up there just to handle them, and then drive back home...??? Seems pointless. Once those 3 are done, and I go get them to bring them home FINALLY, my other 2 aren't a big deal, because they're at my local SOT machine gun range, which is literally 5 minutes from my house. I've been shooting those cans since they came in, way back in April and May. So, waiting on those 2 aren't a big deal, I still get to use them, just can't bring them home yet.

That's why the first 3 cans I bought are bugging the shit out of me so bad, because I just want them to hurry up so I can bring them home. If transferring dealers didn't mean a restart on my Form 4's, I'd just transfer them to the local SOT, but this close to approvals, and I'm not even going to think about doing something stupid like that. I just want to get them here as early before hunting season as I can, so I have time to do some proper load development with the cans, with my deer rifles.

Reactions: Deadair7302
Whatever you say cool guy... 🙄 Where would the world be without such optimistic and intelligent souls like yourself telling the rest of us peons how we should all think, act, and feel...And especially what all we should know is and isn't, because nobody would ever try to hide their lack of intelligence, by attempting to grace the world with it, by acting like a dick...When it's very obvious by your consistent gross overcompensation of sarcasm by being a douche to complete strangers. 🤦🏼

I've been around guns and NFA items my entire life. I now how this game works...But once again, congrats on assuming you know more than me. 👍🏼
There's optimism and there's being naive. You do you, buddy. I'll get ready for what's obviously coming.

You keep hoping the mid terms matter cause one group of crooks are better than the other.

Maybe if you believe hard enough... the second coming of our lord and savior Donald "Take the guns now and worry about due process later" Trump will fix all that's wrong with the world!

🙄 FYI...my F4 was cashed on 12/28 and I'm still waiting too

Yeah, like I said, those first 3 are my biggest annoyance, since I have never even been able to see them, handle them, or even use them, because the dealer (nearest one with a kiosk at the time) is 75 miles away from my house, so going to see them is an entire day's task. Plus, they don't have a range, so I'm not able to shoot them... So, what's the point in wasting the time and gas to get up there just to handle them, and then drive back home...??? Seems pointless. Once those 3 are done, and I go get them to bring them home FINALLY, my other 2 aren't a big deal, because they're at my local SOT machine gun range, which is literally 5 minutes from my house. I've been shooting those cans since they came in, way back in April and May. So, waiting on those 2 aren't a big deal, I still get to use them, just can't bring them home yet.

That's why the first 3 cans I bought are bugging the shit out of me so bad, because I just want them to hurry up so I can bring them home. If transferring dealers didn't mean a restart on my Form 4's, I'd just transfer them to the local SOT, but this close to approvals, and I'm not even going to think about doing something stupid like that. I just want to get them here as early before hunting season as I can, so I have time to do some proper load development with the cans, with my deer rifles.
I'm in the same boat the three I want the most and spent the most money on I can only go look at. We don't have much longer.

Reactions: FuhQ