• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well they have blew by my certification date of 3/22 ,so do not know how they figure out who is next in line,oh well my tax dollars at work.
Several different examiners all working at their own pace. Luck of the draw on whose pile your form falls in to? Regional? I’d consider the relationship between cert date and approval date as approximate at best.

Reactions: Terry Lightle
I had the same signature on both my approvals. Cans were certified minutes apart and the approval was 10 days apart. Trying to make sense of the system is definitely futile and can only lead to high blood pressure and heart attack.

I had the same signature on both my approvals. Cans were certified minutes apart and the approval was 10 days apart. Trying to make sense of the system is definitely futile and can only lead to high blood pressure and heart attack.
meh, could have been as easy as the first on on a Friday, and the next on a Monday after a week of PTO.

Regardless, glad you got yours!

From what I can see on mine, even though I bought most of mine in April, my Cert dates weren’t til June thanks to SilencerShop not having their stuff together. Judging by the control numbers, I’m estimating May 2023 to finally have mine start trickling in.

Next purchase will def be elsewhere. My
Adventures have been one thing after another
With those guys.

WTF…

Seriously… will we get to the end of April before April??

Nope. I'm 4 certified days out at April 2 so probably wont see my cans until after the new year.

Wouldn't be surprised to see eforms at a year by may certify dates. I've got one from June 6 too, so that should be fun.

Batch my shit, you bastards!

For my can efile certified n 4/7 they submitted the NICS check on 11/18. This is as far as it’s gotten. They also won’t do a batch approval to include my one from May 2022.

For my can efile certified n 4/7 they submitted the NICS check on 11/18. This is as far as it’s gotten. They also won’t do a batch approval to include my one from May 2022.
How did you find out date of NICS check?

It really shouldn't be a shock to anyone that the wait time is longer, it greatly improved under the Donald. I'm sure the current administration isn't telling anyone there to put a rush on it. How people keep voting for these people is amazing.

I went through Silencer Shop and was almost 4 weeks getting certified seems the software they had sucked and would not work
How do you know it was their software? As opposed to ATF just taking a long time to approve the form 3? I'm curious as I'm in this boat right now.

How do you know it was their software? As opposed to ATF just taking a long time to approve the form 3? I'm curious as I'm in this boat right now.

because everyone who didnt go through silencershop was able to get their ATF certs as soon as they docusigned the responsible persons forms.

are you saying you are currently waiting 4 weeks for SS to do your certification? from my years ago dealings with SS they wont even start your form 4 until they have the form 3 in hand. SO...... need more info.

because everyone who didnt go through silencershop was able to get their ATF certs as soon as they docusigned the responsible persons forms.

are you saying you are currently waiting 4 weeks for SS to do your certification? from my years ago dealings with SS they wont even start your form 4 until they have the form 3 in hand. SO...... need more info.
Yes, other than I am at 2 weeks waiting on the ready to certify email. They are telling me they already have the form 4 filled out, but are waiting on ATF to approve the form 3 currently so they can ship my suppressor to my dealer.

Local shop where I bought my suppressor was trying to certify a bunch and could not get the SS program to work.I called SS and got in their ass pretty hard and they would not deny the problem was on SS end.Local shop called me to let me know it finally was working,so about 4 weeks after Docusign I certified on 3/22 and still waiting.The local guy had my suppressor in stock at his store.

You're a victim of the nfa process and not SS shitty internal system, in this case.

Reactions: FuhQ
Yup, that’s how I got my info as well.

This gem was in my email too forwarded from the ATF.

"On 11/15/2022, the background check was completed for the ATF Form 4 received on 3/30/2022. Within 45 days of completion of the background check, the ATF Form 4 will be assigned to an examiner for a final decision."

So... I could have another month, which would be close to 300 days

This gem was in my email too forwarded from the ATF.

"On 11/15/2022, the background check was completed for the ATF Form 4 received on 3/30/2022. Within 45 days of completion of the background check, the ATF Form 4 will be assigned to an examiner for a final decision."

So... I could have another month, which would be close to 300 days
Wow. Pathetic is one word that comes to mind for them.

I have two cans, a Griffin Explorr and Dead Air Mask, certified 7/29/22, im expecting to see them in April '23.

How long does it typically take to certify? I got the email that my form was ready to certify and called the dealer. Does it take a few days to get the email saying it’s been certified? Is it instant? I read a few pages back that my SS dashboard and ATF efile account won’t show my form 4 paperwork. Do I understand this correctly?

-Paper Form 4, Trust submitted late Sept 2021.
-Check cashed 10.16.2021.
-Tax stamp approved and signed 11.19.2022.
-Got dealer call on 11.27.2022.

13 months and 3 days. This tax stamp is my 2nd longest wait of all my 5 suppressors.

You're a victim of the nfa process and not SS shitty internal system, in this case.
I assume this was in response to my situation, so thank you for the info, like I said I'm a suppressor nube so just working through how all this works and appreciate the help.

I have two cans, a Griffin Explorr and Dead Air Mask, certified 7/29/22, im expecting to see them in April '23.
If current wait times hold that would be about right, but based on even just a few recent approvals posted here the wait times are slowing down rapidly. I haven't even certified so at this point I'm not sure I'll ever see it. All I can do is hope they'll work through the backlog and start improving on those times a little. Was hoping to have it for next year's hunting season but looks like that isn't happening.

Reactions: M_R_Woodard
How long does it typically take to certify? I got the email that my form was ready to certify and called the dealer. Does it take a few days to get the email saying it’s been certified? Is it instant? I read a few pages back that my SS dashboard and ATF efile account won’t show my form 4 paperwork. Do I understand this correctly?
You will get an email from the ATF when it’s certified/submitted. To certify, you either need to go into the store or you can do it remotely in conjunction with your dealer…it’s the final step before submission.

Form 4 individual paper
Check cash 11/10/21
Approved 11/3/22
Picked up 12/9/22

I think my stamp had been sitting at the dealer for a little while. Never got a call. Glad I called the ATF and then checked with my dealer Friday.

Do you guys think the wait times for E-forms are at their peak now? I'm assuming they just finished the backlog of paper form-4s, so I would imagine the wait times from E-forms will soon be dropping from the current 260 day highs. Thoughts?

Do you guys think the wait times for E-forms are at their peak now? I'm assuming they just finished the backlog of paper form-4s, so I would imagine the wait times from E-forms will soon be dropping from the current 260 day highs. Thoughts?
Hopefully but no one knows.

I'd like to say yes, but I don't see any reason to think they are at their peak, but I'm curious, why are you assuming they just finished their backlog of paper form 4s? What happened that I'm not aware of?

If the new pistol brace rule goes into effect, the wait times will get even longer.

I don't think the wait time has peaked. I feel like it'll continue to increase. Looking at the current wait times by week on the thread above, there has been a consistent increase of 4 wait days for each week over the last 4 months. It hasn't slowed yet. Getting the paper forms out of the way may help slow down the increase in wait times by freeing examiners, but only by a small amount. I think the increase is directly related to the flood of new eforms since the 90 day wait time began being peddled AND submissions have outpaced the examiner's ability to approve them. Simply, they need more examiners.

I don't think the wait time has peaked. I feel like it'll continue to increase. Looking at the current wait times by week on the thread above, there has been a consistent increase of 4 wait days for each week over the last 4 months. It hasn't slowed yet. Getting the paper forms out of the way may help slow down the increase in wait times by freeing examiners, but only by a small amount. I think the increase is directly related to the flood of new eforms since the 90 day wait time began being peddled AND submissions have outpaced the examiner's ability to approve them. Simply, they need more examiners.
Bureaucracy at its finest...

ATF - "Hey, we need more examiners so we can get these Forms approved faster, and cut-down on our backlog and make things easier, faster, and more efficient..."

Biden Administration - "Best I can do is 87,000 more IRS agents..."

🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

Bureaucracy at its finest...

ATF - "Hey, we need more examiners so we can get these Forms approved faster, and cut-down on our backlog and make things easier, faster, and more efficient..."

Biden Administration - "Best I can do is 87,000 more IRS agents..."

🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼
ATF is definitely hiring… for special agents in Texas, California, and Washington State. Somehow I don’t feel that is associated with our form4s…

ATF is definitely hiring… for special agents in Texas, California, and Washington State. Somehow I don’t feel that is associated with our form4s…

Maybe not our form 4s, but definitely our form 1s… or lack thereof I should say. It’s to illegally come after everyone who doesn’t register their pistol braces!

Crooks

Reactions: Beefmanne and FuhQ
I went through Silencer Shop and was almost 4 weeks getting certified seems the software they had sucked and would not work
For context, Terry, there are a few variables in the certification process including the ATF form 3 approval time and the dealer assigning the suppressor to your account. Most customers can get certified within a few weeks, occasionally it may take slightly longer based on those variables. - Chase