• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally! What an awesome Christmas present.

SilencerCo Omega 36M

259 days
Certified 4-7-22
Approved 12-22-22
Control #4021XX

After being stuck in the third week of March forever, April seems to be moving a little faster, but not very organized. They're approving everything from April 1 to April 20 over 25K control numbers at the same time. I imagine it's pretty frustrating for those 4/1 guys still waiting...

Finally! What an awesome Christmas present.

SilencerCo Omega 36M

259 days
Certified 4-7-22
Approved 12-22-22
Control #4021XX

After being stuck in the third week of March forever, April seems to be moving a little faster, but not very organized. They're approving everything from April 1 to April 20 over 25K control numbers at the same time. I imagine it's pretty frustrating for those 4/1 guys still waiting...

Cool. I have one that I did in April I think that's a 22lr one, but it was done at my buddy's shop so I don't know exactly when. I have one more with SS that was certified 05/07/22., so maybe I will get that one in a month or two. I know more likely 2 ish months

Wow. Was it actually approved on Christmas or is that just when you checked your email? I mean I'm at work, but I don't expect examiners to be working today.

Reactions: Bluedog82
My last email from atf says submitted/in process. That was in august so I guess it’s gonna be awhile

At this rate you’re probably looking at close to a year (I’ve got one 8/25).
I went through silencer shop and they put up all of their approvals with dates. Looks like paper forms are a little over a year and e forms about 8 months .

Reactions: 91Eunozs
E File
Submitted 4/11/22
Approved 12/28/22
Picking it up today. Why didn't they approve the other 3? One background check for 4 items easy peasy. Oh wait, that involves efficiency. Something the Federal Govt. is incapable of. ...counting my blessings for the one.

Submitted 4/6/22

Disapproved today. They said the place of birth differed on fingerprints and the other form. No idea how this would have happened, unless dealer screwed it up. I didn’t fill out any info on the fingerprints, it was all done electronically.

Edit- I just found issue. Dealer put MI instead of MN for place of birth.

Said refund in process, but hopefully it can be easily fixed. However, dealer just told me one disapproved there is no fixing it.

I have another one from 5/26 so maybe 2024 I will see that one.

Last edited:
Submitted 4/6/22

Disapproved today. They said the place of birth differed on fingerprints and the other form. No idea how this would have happened, unless dealer screwed it up. I didn’t fill out any info on the fingerprints, it was all done electronically.

Said refund in process, but hopefully it can be easily fixed. However, dealer just told me one disapproved there is no fixing it.

I think if the ATF sends it back you can get it approved real quick once the changes are made—it may just be a little bit for the refund to process.

Reactions: Diesel79
Anyone have experience with a disapproval that notes the following?
Responsible person listed is not listed in the trust.

Have had many successful applications before. My wife is listed as a Successor Trustee in the trust. But have never filed with her being a responsible person until now.

Disapproved today. Will call tomorrow but thought I would ask here as well.

Submitted 4/6/22

I think once the correction(s) has been made, the dealer can request an expedited approval, since you’ve already been waiting in line, and the dealer screwed up, not you.

Anyone have experience with a disapproval that notes the following?
Responsible person listed is not listed in the trust.

Have had many successful applications before. My wife is listed as a Successor Trustee in the trust. But have never filed with her being a responsible person until now.

Disapproved today. Will call tomorrow but thought I would ask here as well.

My only experience is doing that initially and then before I sent it all in, my SOT/FFL buddy advising me to take her out until I'm done with getting cans for a while then write her back in. That's what I did since you can easily write anyone in and out of the trust.

Dead Air Mask
Purchased 12/18/2021
Certified 12/26/2021 -OR - 04/23/2022 (After the software screw up. Denied at 66 days)
Stamp recieved 12/30/2022
251 Days -OR- 377 Days :LOL:

Last edited:
I got really lucky back on 1/16/22. Dealer contacted me that a can I had been wanting come in stock, paid for it and was excited to see how this "eFile" process would play out for form 4s. 75 days later I got an email saying it was approved...

Paid for a 50cal can in June, submitted through another dealer, got denied because dealer didnt attach my fingerprints (digitally done at their shop), resubmitted that one in July :mad:

Just paid for a Rugged Razor on SilencerShop since it was on sale, fingers crossed this crap gets quicker

Salvo 12, certified on 12/28/22. This is my 1st e-form, so we'll see how long this one takes.

Haven't had an F4 take any less than 9 months. Last one was 14 months, but it and a pistol to go with it were both free, so I guess I shouldn't complain. :cool:

They're at about 4/10 - 4/12 right now. I got my 4/2 2 weeks ago, so that's about 2 weeks wait for 1 week difference in certified times. I think its been fairly steady at that rate for a while now. Figure June 7 is about 2 months out on certified dates, so probably 4 months before you're approved.

I feel your pain, I've got one waiting from June 6, too. Start looking hard about the first week of April.

They're at about 4/10 - 4/12 right now. I got my 4/2 2 weeks ago, so that's about 2 weeks wait for 1 week difference in certified times. I think its been fairly steady at that rate for a while now. Figure June 7 is about 2 months out on certified dates, so probably 4 months before you're approved.

I feel your pain, I've got one waiting from June 6, too. Start looking hard about the first week of April.

So for mine on 5/7/22, I am probably about 6 weeks out now then right?

Well this is depressing.

Just submitted paperwork on my first suppressor. AB Raptor.

I guess I will just focus on building rifles in the meantime.

Reactions: cjherrman
I think once the correction(s) has been made, the dealer can request an expedited approval, since you’ve already been waiting in line, and the dealer screwed up, not you.
I checked with ATF on this. Once it is disapproved it is dead. You have to resubmit and back of the line.

Wow is all I gotta say. Waited nearly 9 months and denied for a typing error on my FFL side.

I’m glad I bought another one in May that will come up sooner or later. That one better get approved. I spent good money on 3 surefire muzzle devices and 1 pin/weld.

Last edited:
Day 248/90, where stamp? 🦧
Right behind you…

2EC9D372-A515-45EC-84AA-6BD94622DDCF.jpeg

Funny. As bad as it was living in New Jersey with all the BS you have to go through to get a handgun purchase permit, it only took 90 days but this BS takes almost a year. What's the deal? They only have one person doing the paperwork?

Funny. As bad as it was living in New Jersey with all the BS you have to go through to get a handgun purchase permit, it only took 90 days but this BS takes almost a year. What's the deal? They only have one person doing the paperwork?
Because eff you, that's why.

They *could* do them in 15 minutes or less.
They *choose* to keep them for 8 or 9 months because they hate you

The Mod of that thread certainly understands statistical analysis. I have been watching this link from that mod for months on wait times for form 4 devices
Hey, that’s actually me - thanks for dropping a link. I’m definitely bias but those dashboards are a nice resource for anyone waiting… I decided to compiled this data because nobody else was doing it & I am waiting on my own eForms. Median wait is ~266 days atm. I just got my first eForm approved on 12/23 after 261 days but I’m waiting on 5 more.

Finally decided to make an account here after years of lurking.

Cool. I have one that I did in April I think that's a 22lr one, but it was done at my buddy's shop so I don't know exactly when. I have one more with SS that was certified 05/07/22., so maybe I will get that one in a month or two. I know more likely 2 ish months

Form 4 - E-File (trust) - 22LR can

Certified 4/18/22

Stamp received 1/09/23

Last edited: