• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any recent individuals get your form 1's back? I'm thinking about starting my stamp collection and since I'm 18 I'm limited to form 1.

How about posting what state you live in so we can get some idea as to how our respective examiners are progressing?????
2) NFA examiners are no longer assigned by state; and, with e-Forms, it’s even likely that multiple submissions going in at the same time will not go to the same examiner. Because of this change, the metrics are no longer as state specific as they were previously.

Well no more CAJUN discrimination . Filed 4/21/14
Cashed 4/25/14
Stamp arrived today 10/10/14,
In my hands tomorrow! Surefire fa338ss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a call - yesterday - from the shop, my form 4 came in, I can pick up my Socom 7.62.

Dammit.

I've had a few days off and haven't been checking messages.

Working tomorrow and Sunday, they're closed Monday.

What's 3 more days, right? Form 4 trust went pending either April 28 or May6 (I've gotten both from NFA branch when I called), but hey, beats the hell out of March 2015. I'll have a couple days free this coming week to fit the brake and pick up the can and actually go to the range.

Fun.

More confirmation that wait times are coming down. Suppressor F4, trust:
Papers mailed: 5/19 (gave up waiting for Efile to come back)
Pending: 6/9
Approved: 10/1
in my hands: 10/10

4 months from pending to pickup. Cut that in half, and it'd be tolerable :)

Suppressor- Form 4- Individual
Received by dealer: 1-31-14
Forms mailed: 2-21-14
Check cashed: 3-4-14
Pending: 4-7-14
Approved: 9-30-14 Joyce Leonard
Stamp received: 10-11-14

More confirmation that wait times are coming down. Suppressor F4, trust:
Papers mailed: 5/19 (gave up waiting for Efile to come back)
Pending: 6/9
Approved: 10/1
in my hands: 10/1

4 months from pending to pickup. Cut that in half, and it'd be tolerable :)

Thats encouraging to hear. Mailed mine (Trust) in mid-May and hopefully should be hearing soon.

corey4NFA
corey4NFA.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
Rating: 3.0/5 this site
1019 posts this site
Re: Form 4 wait times
01/26/2017 Last edited 01/26/2017 by corey4NFA

NFA Item: 2 tbac ultra 9s on trust

purchased thru silencer shop

Form 3 sent: 3-20-16

Form 3 approved: 6-20-16

Form 4 arrived in PA and sent: 6-23-16

Form 4 delivery: 1-25-17

picking up and shooting later today

EDIT:

now that i have all the paper work in hand for correct dates:

form 4 was approved 12-29-16

form 4 arrived 1-16-17

got the call 1-25-16

picked up 1-26-17

Rate now:
corey4NFA
corey4NFA.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
1019 posts this site
01/26/2017 Last edited 01/26/2017 by corey4NFA

damn it...double post

Rate now:
MEANS42XPrivate
40 posts this site
01/26/2017 Last edited 01/26/2017 by MEANS42

Form 4 Trust
Form 4 Sent 5-6
Check Cashed 5-16
Approved 1-17
Received 1-24

252 Days

Rate now:
fxdrider
fxdrider.jpg

XSergeant
112 posts this site
01/27/2017 Last edited 01/27/2017 by fxdrider

fxdrider wrote:
fxdrider wrote: Griffin Recce 7 - Form 4 Trust. Filed 5/7/2017 - Pending 5/18/2016

Called today - still pending.

The wait is killing me!

Hopefully soon.​
Called again yesterday. Still nothing.
frown.gif
I called again this morning and was told it's still pending. I asked if there were any problems with it. I was told, "No, absolutely not sir. You should have approval by the end of the month to mid-February".

So...encouraging, somewhat.
Rate now:
blcouchXSergeant
Rating: 3.1/5 this site
196 posts this site
Saturday at 1:30 AM

The nice lady I talked to a few days ago said they're entering forms submitted in August right now.

Rate now:
smacha538XPrivate
Rating: 0.0/5 this site
9 posts this site
Monday at 1:16 PM

Form 4 Trust
AAC SDN-6
Sent: May 6, 2016
Pending: May 16, 2016
Approved: January 25, 2017
In hand: ?

Rate now:
RumloverXCorporal
56 posts this site
Monday at 1:23 PM

Individual Form 4
Check cashed 5 Jun 2016
Stamp came in Saturday
Almost 8 months

Rate now:
fxdrider
fxdrider.jpg

XSergeant
112 posts this site
Tuesday at 8:45 AM

fxdrider wrote:
fxdrider wrote:

Called again yesterday. Still nothing.
frown.gif
I called again this morning and was told it's still pending. I asked if there were any problems with it. I was told, "No, absolutely not sir. You should have approval by the end of the month to mid-February".

So...encouraging, somewhat.​
At long last!!!!

Griffin Recce 7
Form 4 Trust.
Filed 5/7/2017
Pending 5/18/2016

APPROVED: 1/27/2017!!!!!!!

Now waiting for my dealer to call and tell me to come get it.
Rate now:
WirgmanUSMCXPrivate
6 posts this site
Tuesday at 8:50 PM

TBAC Ultra 9
Form 4 Trust
Filed 5/3/16
Approved 1/13/17
Arrived and picked up 1/31/17

Rate now:
2ndamendfan
2ndamendfan.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
Rating: 3.3/5 this site
2075 posts this site
Wednesday at 12:01 AM Last edited Wednesday at 12:02 AM by 2ndamendfan

7 supressors paid for january 2016 (16th i believe).
Form 3 to dealer approved for all 7 may 5th 2016 (2 dealers, ask range walker what took so long)
Filled out paper work and sent 5/14/16
Approved 1/25/17
Received and picked up 6 of the 7 suppressors. 1/31/17
ATF did not like description of the "model" on one form (dealer filled that part out) so have to fix and send that form back. Been through that before and normally only takes 30-45 days.

Rate now:
StrykervetXFirst Sergeant
Rating: 3.4/5 this site
1522 posts this site
Wednesday at 1:50 PM

Using a trust, signed late April, actually submitted first week of May. Just got it back last few days of January; will go pick them up later. This was for two .22 suppressor items, a Liberty can and their integral bbl. At least they came back the same time.

So right at 9 months even for those two.

Still have another can submitted around June and one a week or two after 41F kicked in, not to mention two SBR's dated mid June.

My dealer says to expect a TWELVE MONTH wait for most stuff submitted around this time due to the rush; I'm expecting March-May. After they clear everything out, the post 41F submissions will probably go pretty quickly. I sure miss the 4 months waits, 5-6 when they were "slammed". Be nice when it gets back to normal, because half the stuff I ordered will likely be obsolete or there'll be a new better something out by the time I get it.

Rate now:
fxdrider
fxdrider.jpg

XSergeant
112 posts this site
Yesterday at 5:17 PM

fxdrider wrote:
fxdrider wrote:

So...encouraging, somewhat.​
At long last!!!!

Griffin Recce 7
Form 4 Trust.
Filed 5/7/2017
Pending 5/18/2016

APPROVED: 1/27/2017!!!!!!!

Now waiting for my dealer to call and tell me to come get it.​
Griffin Recce 7
Form 4 Trust.
Filed 5/7/2017
Pending 5/18/2016

APPROVED: 1/27/2017
Stamp at dealer 2/2/2017
Will pick up tomorrow - 2/3/2017

Total length of ordeal: 272 days.
Rate now:
AzraelsShadowXPrivate
21 posts this site
4:31 PM

May 10th was when I went pending. And now, I'm "under review"

BATF&E #2 Ronald Turk collected opinions around his office for discussion with the new Trump (Jr:) admin. + Hearing Protection Act (H.R. 367) status link

8 Silencers: Current Federal law requires ATF to regulate silencers under the NFA. ATF has devoted substantial resources in attempts to reduce processing times, spending over $1 million annually in overtime and temporary duty expenses, and dedicating over 33 additional full-time and contract positions since 2011 to support NFA processing. Despite these efforts, NFA processing times are widely viewed by applicants and the industry as far too long, resulting in numerous complaints to Congress.

Since silencers account for the vast majority of NFA applications, the most direct way to reduce processing times is to reduce the number of silencer applications. In light of the expanding demand and acceptance of silencers, however, that volume is unlikely to
diminish unless they are removed from the NFA. While DOJ and ATF have historically not supported removal of items from the NFA, the change in public acceptance of silencers arguably indicates that the reason for their inclusion in the NFA is archaic and
historical reluctance to removing them from the NFA should be reevaluated.

Silencers are very rarely used in criminal shootings. Given the lack of criminality associated with silencers, it is reasonable to conclude that they should not be viewed as a threat to public safety necessitating NFA classification, and should be considered for reclassification under the GCA.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3455293/ATF-White-Paper-Options-to-Reduce-or-Modify.pdf

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr367/text

My last two were purchase in Feb/Mar 2016 and I received them in Oct/Nov. My next two were 6 Jun 2016 and I'm expecting to wait around 10 months

I'd say your looking at 10 months and climbing until we get passed all the submissions from July. Then they drop like a rock.

Check cashed May 25, 2016
Still no word, Feb. 25 will be 9 months.
10-12 months seems very real until they get through the July submissions.

Last edited:
Okay, like I said before, my dealer told me and his other customers to expect an approximate 12 month wait for those filed during and near the end of 41F. But so far, mine have been coming back at about 8 months and when I called ATF to check on one (for the very first time) and that's what they told me. That time is of course for my region. States with higher submissions and fewer examiners may wait longer.

So my 2 .22 cans submitted the end of April came end of January/first of February. So those ran about 9 months. But I just got back my 2 SBR Form 1's and they were submitted middle-end of June and came in the mail this weekend, so right at 8 months. Both SBR's and both cans came back together, so they are being efficient about that. I still have a pre-41F and a post-41F can waiting, one sent just before and one sent just after, so I expect them anytime or it could be as long as April.

They're just slammed right now. But 6 months on two SBR's and 8 on two cans isn't TOO bad. Used to waiting 4-6 months, depending on time of year and how busy they are. Oh, these are all on a trust btw.

Woohoo!! :cool::cool:

SilencerCo Omega
Griffin Revolution 45
Form 4 Paper - Trust
Check cashed: 6/25/16
Dealer called with Stamps in hand: 3/11/17

mh

I have been 5 1/2 months so far on the latest suppressor. Just checked with my SOT and was told he is seeing Form 4's came back now that are right at 9 months old. Says it's all due to the mass purchase the fine days before Trust rule changes.

Im waiting on a Rugged Surge 7.62 and Rugged Obsidian 45 both on Form 4 Trust submitted in May 2016. Check cashed 6/21 and 7/3 and both are still pending, called today. The Surge 7.62 is right at 9 months and counting...

Im waiting on a Rugged Surge 7.62 and Rugged Obsidian 45 both on Form 4 Trust submitted in May 2016. Check cashed 6/21 and 7/3 and both are still pending, called today. The Surge 7.62 is right at 9 months and counting...

We are at about the same check cashing dates. I haven't seen anything come across yet. I did call about a month ago but I hadn't been assigned an agent at that time.

To this day it still amazes me that e-File isn't back online either.

I have been waiting a long time to be able to make this post, can you tell I'm happy?

Form 4 Trust
Check cashed 6/16/2016
Approved 3/1/2017
3/16/17 Received notice today to come pickup the suppressor.
Tomorrow it will be in my hands.

Called today, submitted one 6/16/16 and one on 6/22/16 both approved 3/14/17. Now waiting for stamp to arrive. 274 & 268 days till approved.

Edit- One stamp at dealer today 3/20/17. 6 days to dealer.

Last edited:
Check cashed 6/22/16. Picked up can today. Almost exactly 9 months.