• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got one back last week, sent in 3 the first week of July, nothing yet on other 2. Mine was a trust submission.

Okay, my last pre-41f submission came back --signed 02JUN and received 02APR. My dealer always sent all forms within a day or so of receiving them. I went from 4-6 months to 8 months to 10 months wait over the course of last year.

My next one was submitted post 41f in July and I'm guessing should be back in a couple weeks when all the pre-41f stuff is cleared out. Hopefully it'll get back to normal after that or at latest by the end of the year.

Spoke to ATF this morning. My last pre 41F submission is still pending. Check cashed 7/12/16. My Surge cashed 6/27/16 took 9months1week and was approved exactly a month ago . Hopefully any day.

Rugged Obsidian 45
Form 4 Trust
Submitted 7/5/16
Check Cashed 7/12/16
Form 3 Approved 11/16/16
Form 4 Approved **Pending**

KAC QDC
Form 4 Trust
Submitted 7/6/16
Cashed ?
Approved 4/20/17
At Dealer 4/27/17

I have many June '16 Silencer shop purchased cans that are still not approved yet. Everything NOT from SilencerShop has already been approved.

OK, just to make sure I understand correctly, the "log jam" of submissions ended on 13JUL and they are currently working on submissions from 06JUL, so they only have the flurry of submissions from 06JUL to 13JUL left to clear before things should speed up considerably - do I have that right?

OK, just to make sure I understand correctly, the "log jam" of submissions ended on 13JUL and they are currently working on submissions from 06JUL, so they only have the flurry of submissions from 06JUL to 13JUL left to clear before things should speed up considerably - do I have that right?

Essentially, you are correct. Now obviously, they aren't working forms through a strict date system; "no one moves on to July 7th until all of July 6th forms are finished." So there is some lag time where forms coming back could span several weeks.

My understanding is that they simply had to be postmarked before Jul 13th, not received. I wish I could remember the number one of the ladies at ATF told me that one dealer dropped on the last day but I remember it was a daunting amount.

So I'd say we are in the thick of it right now with agents at peak "let get this over with" mode. One has to believe they have been streamlining things a bit all these months. I'm anxious to see what happens when the bubble finally pops.....

Anyone who submitted on like the 12-13th know when their check was cashed or went pending? I'd be curious to know how long it took to get through that bulk of payments?

Here's a little info on how my submission went, not sure if will provide any clarity...excuse my ignorance on terminology:

Filed/submitted Form 3 and 4 through Silencer shop on June 14th 2016 and ATF tells me I've been pending (check cleared?) since July 22nd 2016...I'm assuming my submission through Silencer Shop with the big wave they submitted?

Last edited:
Anyone who submitted on like the 12-13th know when their check was cashed or went pending? I'd be curious to know how long it took to get through that bulk of payments?

I sent a few forms in on the 12th. Checks show cashed on the 31st. Of course, that's a sunday, so I'm not sure how the hell that worked out. But, it is what it is I guess.

My dad submitted a couple on the 12th of July, 16, and the check was cashed less than a week later.

I submitted some on the 10th and my CC was charged the next day after they ATF received it. Still waiting on all of them.

Scott

I have an Omega that was mailed on 7/5, check was cashed on 7/11. I was approved on 4/24, but I haven't heard back from the dealer about them receiving the stamp yet.

I also have two TBACs mailed on 7/7, CC was charged on 7/13. I am still pending on both of those, and yesterday when I called the ATF the employee exclaimed how lucky I was to have had the Omega approved already. All I could think was how ridiculous it is to consider 10 months of waiting to review a piece of paper to be "lucky"...sucks though that the cans submitted two days later are already a week-plus longer wait.

From a conversion with a lady at the atf, if I understood her correctly, she said that all the apps firstgo to a Bank that processes the payments, then the applications go to the atf to wait to be inputted into the system. In my case it took months to show pending.

Okay, I've got sort of an update. I called NFA branch to get an update on my forms; all of them are still pending. But for anyone curious about how long it was typically taking for the forms to move into pending, here's the dates I have (date mailed - date pending)

JULY 07 - JULY 13 (3, priority mail from MI)
JULY 08 - JULY 21 (1, no idea)
JULY 12 - JULY 25 (3, priority mail from MI)

2017-
FEB 24 - MAR 07 (1, no idea)

The July 8 submittal was for one item (other dates are for multiple); it was a submittal by Silencer Shop. I'm wondering if they started doing their huge drops around that date, since in a matter of one day, the time to pending doubled. It's interesting to me that the first group sent in on the 7th took 6 days to go pending. Yet the July 8th and July 12th forms took 13 days. I suppose if that is any indicator, the last week before the rules change saw double the submittals. At least that's what you'd assume without any additional info.

NFA tracker is showing some July 12th (pending) forms coming back; if my dates are any indicator, we are still 2-4 weeks out from the point which July 14th and later forms will begin to come back.

And of course, the recording you get when you call still states that the average return time is 8 months. I'm at 9 right now, and some of those items could stretch out to 10.

From a conversion with a lady at the atf, if I understood her correctly, she said that all the apps firstgo to a Bank that processes the payments, then the applications go to the atf to wait to be inputted into the system. In my case it took months to show pending.

If true, that makes sense. They've never had a problem getting checks cashed fast.

I called to check on a few forms yesterday, the lady said they are predicting about 2 months until they get through all the pre 41f forms. I thought that seemed excessive as they have maybe two weeks worth of forms left, then again who knows how many were sent in those two weeks.

Yes Checked today May 5th and the lady said they are currently working on submissions from the first week of July 2016. My check was cashed on the 7/12/2016 so getting close. Mine was Form 4 on a trust.

I called to check on a few forms yesterday, the lady said they are predicting about 2 months until they get through all the pre 41f forms. I thought that seemed excessive as they have maybe two weeks worth of forms left, then again who knows how many were sent in those two weeks.
Well mine was submitted in Oct. 2016. I was told to expect it approved in Aug. By your Intel they will be onto end of July by July1st. Hard to see the next three months(aug,sept,oct 2016) processed in one month but if they "slingshot" as I have been predicting it could happen.

Well mine was submitted in Oct. 2016. I was told to expect it approved in Aug. By your Intel they will be onto end of July by July1st. Hard to see the next three months(aug,sept,oct 2016) processed in one month but if they "slingshot" as I have been predicting it could happen.

I have a 10/12/16 pending and two 1/21/17 pending, I'm thinking wait times will speed up after they get through the old jam of forms they have from pre 41f. I think I'll have them all in hand by October at the latest. Hell most places are running sales and giving rebates now just to sell the cans on shelves.

SICo Omega (Form 4 Trust)
Mailed: 7/5/16
Check Cashed: 7/11/16
Approved: 4/24/17
Stamp at Dealer: 5/3/17
Total = 296 days from check cashed to suppressor in hand

TBAC Ultra7 and 22-Takedown (Form 4 Trust)
Mailed: 7/7/16
CC charged: 7/13/16
Approved: ???

That two day difference in the ATF cashing the check is causing at least a two week difference!

The biggest problem is this: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-applications/

With individuals mailing their own, I'm guessing the bottle neck is around 12-13k forms by the buzzer !

I know some people that bought in stock cans from Silencer Shop between 6/12/16 and 7/5/16 and they all have pending dates of 7/22/16. I think they likely could have sent close to a months worth of forms the day they dropped off that pickup truck filled with priority mail boxes.

Surefire Socom 556RC2 purchased from LGS
Trust Form 4 cc charged 7/10/16
Form 4 approved 5/1/17

Scott

It's my understanding that the Silencer Shop sent in a pile of forms. I didn't purchase my suppressor from them but regardless I hope they can get the lead out and get people their stamps. My dealers check was cashed or deposited on August 16, 2016. I called on Friday, May 5, 2017, and I was told the wait time was 8 months. That being said, they are working on forms from the second week of July 2016. That being the case, I'm assuming it should be at least another month for my approval and then there's no telling when I will actually receive my stamp and can! I really hope that the Hearing Protection Act will get approved by Congress ASAP! I want to purchase a few more suppressors but this wait is killing me!

Buy your suppressors, wait times should plummet once they get through this backlog. Many dealers offering $200 rebates on cans and you get your tax stamp money back if the act passes.

Just got my Elite Iron Alpha 50 on Sunday 5/7/17. I bought it 6/21/16 and the check was cashed first or second week of July 2016. This was a trust transaction.

Don't bet on the HPA getting out of committee let alone it ever passing, best to buy now and get in line like the rest of us. Its been mentioned many times here and elsewhere that once we get through the July 13 submissions wait times will plummet.

I just bought an Ultra 7 .30 cal from Silencer shop, with their Single Shot trust. All paperwork was completed and I believe filed yesterday. We shall see, I'm hopeful I might have it in 6 months in time for deer season!

It's my understanding that the Silencer Shop sent in a pile of forms. I didn't purchase my suppressor from them but regardless I hope they can get the lead out and get people their stamps. My dealers check was cashed or deposited on August 16, 2016. I called on Friday, May 5, 2017, and I was told the wait time was 8 months. That being said, they are working on forms from the second week of July 2016. That being the case, I'm assuming it should be at least another month for my approval and then there's no telling when I will actually receive my stamp and can! I really hope that the Hearing Protection Act will get approved by Congress ASAP! I want to purchase a few more suppressors but this wait is killing me!

With what we are seeing in DC right now, I think HPA is a pipe-dream. My personal feeling is that a can purchased n the next few months will see some of the fastest approval times. As we get closer to midterms w/ no HPA passed, the herd will stampeded once again: https://youtu.be/5KVnc5nyXrE

By NFA tracker the system has almost came to a stop on July 11-12, I have a check cashed date of 7/17 and fully expect a one month more wait.
I need to ask though, just what level of self importance is needed to call BATF on where your can is in the system, first, you knew it was going to be drawn out, and 2nd, every phone call answered just takes time away from approvals.
http://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/

Jesus dude

I wasn't singling you out, just saying, how many unneeded calls have to be made, everyone knew the details of buying a can. I hear all the time, "I called', well just what the fuck did you find out, but now you feel better about it.
if your wait time has surpassed the average, call. They have been good about getting rejections back to people, for any odd reason.

I wasn't singling you out, just saying, how many unneeded calls have to be made, everyone knew the details of buying a can. I hear all the time, "I called', well just what the fuck did you find out, but now you feel better about it.
if your wait time has surpassed the average, call. They have been good about getting rejections back to people, for any odd reason.

Nice shovel.

Dead Air Mask and Ghost-M
Purchased out of state (Don't have date on hand)
Form 4 Trust sent July 7th 2016
Stamp arrived at dealer May 8th 2016
Picking up this morning (I was out of town for a week)

Well, the call takers are not associated with the examiners. That's point one that makes your comment here ignorant.

Point two, is the fact that, depending on payment method, you may not know when your form went pending. Such is my case since I paid using USPS MO for most of mine. If you want to be able to contribute to NFA tracker, you need to know the pending date.

Point three, If you don't call to check, you have no idea if they even have your form unless you sent it in with signature confirmation, and even then they could lose it internally.

And finally, point four; calling to check may help you track down an issue ahead of time. For example, on one of mine, my dealer added a digit to the SN on the form-4. Because I called to check, I was able to find out that the proper SN doesn't have a form attached to it; that allowed me to track down the issue. Granted, nothing can be done until the form is approved, but my dealer is now fully prepared to get the change request mailed in as soon as he receives the approved Form-4 with the wrong SN on it.

So in conclusion, don't be a jackass. There are plenty of good reasons to call and check on your forms. Perhaps not so much for calling weekly, but that still isn't impacting you at all, so stop bitching.

I have a Form 4 win he check cashed on 7/18. It's not going to speed the approval up by calling and will be surprised when my caller ID says it's my gun shop.

I have a Form 4 win he check cashed on 7/18. It's not going to speed the approval up by calling and will be surprised when my caller ID says it's my gun shop.

I think NFA tracker is by far the best place to look if you want info beyond the date your form went pending. I called NFA branch a total of three times; the second and third were specifically to figure out why one of my cans wasn't showing up in the system. Really, outside of that, calling is pointless. It takes what, two weeks tops for your form to arrive at your dealer after approval? You can gauge arrival just as well through NFA tracker, without having to pick-up the phone.

The only frustrating thing about it is seeing NFA tracker essentially frozen at July 11-12 for the last two weeks!

SICo Omega (Form 4 Trust)
Mailed: 7/5/16
Check Cashed: 7/11/16
Approved: 4/24/17
Stamp at Dealer: 5/3/17
Total = 296 days from check cashed to suppressor in hand

Mailed: 7/7/16
CC charged: 7/13/16
Approved: ???

That two day difference in the ATF cashing the check is causing at least a two week difference!

Mailed 7/7/16
CC Charged 7/13/16
Approved 5/15/17

Calling makes total sense when you find out your stamp was approved two months ago but your dealer never got it. So then you request a certified mail replacement copy of your Form 4 via the [email protected] email only to discover that person never received the request, and now they want you to resend it again this time to a personal .gov account and hopefully you get it this week like they said...fingers crossed

Last edited:
Called today... still pending. In two days will have been 10 months since cashed :(

Individual Trust

SilencerCo Omega

Purchased: 7/7/2016

Mailed: 7/9/2016

Cashed: 7/19/2016

Pending: 5/17/17

Approved: ?

Calling makes total sense when you find out your stamp was approved two months ago but your dealer never got it. So then you request a certified mail replacement copy of your Form 4 via the [email protected] email only to discover that person never received the request it, and now they want you to resend it again this time to a personal .gov account and hopefully you get it this week like they said...fingers crossed

It took months for mine to simply show pending. Given the deluge that was known to have dropped pre-41f and the Government's track-record for efficiency and not making mistakes ( sarcasm ), you can bet your arse I'm going to call periodically to check the status.

If this were a situation where folks were being taken away from approving applications to answer calls then yes I would feel differently. The folks that answer the phones appear to have just that one job and whenever I have called I have gotten right through to a person that seems more than willing to "chat" (I can be chatty). Again if I got a long wait or the "stink-voice" for calling I might feel differently.

We are talking about a 2A right and our Goverment here. Many of us are simply buying a muffler. A tube with baffles. So again who is being put out here? Who is working for who??

i will say that the nice folks who answer the phone, are very nice and take the sting out of it. This I'm sure is by design.......

Called today... still pending. In two days will have been 10 months since cashed :(

Individual Trust

SilencerCo Omega

Purchased: 7/7/2016

Mailed: 7/9/2016

Cashed: 7/19/2016

Pending: 5/17/17

Approved: ?

My can cashed on 7/11 took 288 days.

My cans cashed 7/13 took 309 days.

Wishing you the best, but a can from 7/19 could be a while...

Got the call today.
Check cashed 7-14-16
Pending 7-13-16
Stamp dated 5-13-17
Stamps at dealer 5-18-17.
Silencer Co Spec War & Omega.
Shot them today both are awesome.

Oddly enough I called Wednesday last week was told they were still pending.

Last edited: