• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Three Silencerco suppressors (Harvester, Harvester Big Bore, and Salvo)
Individual Trust only
Mailed 3 applications in one package to ATF on 7 July 2016 (before 41F deadline)
Checks cashed on 14 July 2016
All 3 stamps arrived on 20 May 2017

Rugged Obsidian 45
Form 4 Trust
Submitted 7/5/16
Check Cashed 7/12/16
Form 3 Approved 11/16/16
Form 4 Approved 5/18/17
Stamp to Dealer 5/24/17

Going to pick it up tomorrow morning

Last edited:
Starting to see some approvals show up from end July - we are nearly through the worse of it

My class 3 said it's taking about 10 months. That is what he is seeing.

Last edited:
I just left a message with silencer shop and am waiting to hear back from them. Order date was 3/30/16 my trust application with the ATF was roughly 1-2 months later I still haven't heard a thing. 12 month and still waiting, must be a record.....what do I win? Not sure if I can request a refund on everything at this point, doubt it. The shop the silencer was sent to has been a nightmare to deal with the couple times I spoke to them. Hopefully, there's no foul play involved.

I just left a message with silencer shop and am waiting to hear back from them. Order date was 3/30/16 my trust application with the ATF was roughly 1-2 months later I still haven't heard a thing. 12 month and still waiting, must be a record.....what do I win? Not sure if I can request a refund on everything at this point, doubt it. The shop the silencer was sent to has been a nightmare to deal with the couple times I spoke to them. Hopefully, there's no foul play involved.

Call the ATF. (304) 616-4500

Have your serial number(s) and name of the trust, and they will look up your status in about 2 seconds. If it is still pending, which would be ridiculous, you have to wait. If it's approved, you will find out when it was approved. If it was approved more than a month ago, ask the ATF to send a certified copy of your stamp to the dealer.

You can find your serial number in the emails the Silencer Shop sent you after your purchase.

I have a silencer shop stamp approved from 6/3/16, so hopefully you are approved from March 2016.

You can't get a refund, the train has left the station. The local shop probably lost your stamp, or it got lost in the mail or the ATF buggered it up. Who knows, but get on the horn immediately. Call the Silencer Shop as well, again, let them know in what way the local dealer is a nightmare.

I'm sure it will get sorted out, and you will soon forget about the 14 month wait

Scott

Thanks Scott,

before reading your response I had already begun the process of contacting the ATF, getting the correct phone number to call, re calling, being informed that I needed the serial number of the can, going through emails from the silencer shop to find it, re calling, speaking to a rude representative who hung up on me because I asked him to repeat the date for me so I could write it down, and finally one last call just to double check I had all the information that I needed. I'm awaiting a call from a supervisor.
I understand those people probably hate their lives having to work the phones and answer the same questions all day long but when you begin to get short, monotone, and hang up on customers/citizens there's a problem.
Anyways, apparently my date is July 22nd and they're still working on the first two weeks of July.

Call the ATF. (304) 616-4500

Have your serial number(s) and name of the trust, and they will look up your status in about 2 seconds. If it is still pending, which would be ridiculous, you have to wait. If it's approved, you will find out when it was approved. If it was approved more than a month ago, ask the ATF to send a certified copy of your stamp to the dealer.

Scott

in my experience, the ATF sent the certified copy to me and i had to go storming into the dealer (6 hours away, long story) to get my can. low and behold, the fuckers had the stamp the entire time lol. if i am not mistaken, i think i had to request in writing a certified copy.

i hope everything works out snake. let us know.

Well, after speaking to the supervisor they are currently around July 11th or 12th and in the #120's. I believe I'm like 210 or something (not sure what the numbers mean). I was told it would be 1-2 more months before it was finished. I was expecting the can around 10-11 months, which I thought was an extended expectation at the time. I NEVER would've guessed it would take a year and a half. Last time I spoke with silencer shop they told me I had my trust in just before the (41F) requirement went through but there was a whole stockpile they sent out.
Food for thought, the supervisor stated that in the past the ATF would only handle $1 million in sales over a month. Apparently, they're trying to tackle that "in one day". How true that is idk but that's what he stated.

in my experience, the ATF sent the certified copy to me and i had to go storming into the dealer (6 hours away, long story) to get my can. low and behold, the fuckers had the stamp the entire time lol. if i am not mistaken, i think i had to request in writing a certified copy.

i hope everything works out snake. let us know.

I remember reading your story. So messed up!

Scott

Well started the process for an Ultra 7. Maybe I'll see it in time for my birthday this time next year.

On a side note when I was talking to my dealer he stated he's only done 3 transfers for suppressors this year. If things have slowed down that much, maybe we'll start to see wait times normalize.

Put mine in on Oct 2016, and I called to check the status about a month ago and she told me I was probably looking at Aug or Sept. There is no way they are making any money off our $200 stamps with the amount of man hours they've got to be putting in. So dumb to keep this shit up. Just remove the damn things from the NFA item list.

Put mine in on Oct 2016, and I called to check the status about a month ago and she told me I was probably looking at Aug or Sept. There is no way they are making any money off our $200 stamps with the amount of man hours they've got to be putting in. So dumb to keep this shit up. Just remove the damn things from the NFA item list.

Well I'm Oct too.....let's hope fo early Aug. I'd like to have mine for a while before hunting season.

Got back a stamp for my Apex Micro. Went pending July 13th, stamped May 20th, got the call tuesday and picked it up tomorrow. Two more form 4's were sent in with said can, and went pending the same day; not back yet.

Timeline for moving NFA items into a trust:

17 June 2016 - Mailed four sets of forms to NFA branch.
23 June 2016 - Payments processed.
April 2017 - All forms returned for corrections. I had moved and had to update the address fields with my new address. Also, one of the suppressors had to have its name changed to match what the manufacturer had called it originally. Interestingly, I had used a different name on the Form 4 when I bought it and it had gone through. Rather than scribble all over the forms, I prepared new ones (since they were in my computer and I have the software to edit PDF files) and used the original signing date.
May 2017 - All forms returned; three approved and one with an error report that I needed to include a reference to a Wisconsin law. When I called and explained that I'm in Wyoming, not Wisconsin, I was told it was a mistake and to just return the form.
3 June 2017 - Last approved form returned.

So two weeks short of a year.

I do want to add that the agent who was processing my forms was very helpful, and even returned phone calls. The last form that was returned for the Wisconsin addition was done by a different person who screened forms before they were submitted to the agent.

Richard

Called the NFA branch today to check status. My Harvester was approved May 17th. Submitted end of July, check cashed first week of August. They said I should have the stamp any day now. It was a private transfer from a trust to me (individual).

Check cashed 7-19
approved 6-4
waiting on stamp from dealer
pre 41f
form 4 trust

6/22 ready for pickup

Last edited:
A friend of mine who works at a Class 3 FFL shop told me that they had recently gotten a couple of post-7/14/16 stamps in. Hopefully we're close to being past the log jam.

Oh man, this is depressing. When I ordered mine in early February (17) I was still in the realm of it taking about 8 months, at least that is what I was told. Looks like the average is almost a year now. I had high hopes of getting mine before hunting season, looks like I'll be lucky to get it in 2017...

Oh man, this is depressing. When I ordered mine in early February (17) I was still in the realm of it taking about 8 months, at least that is what I was told. Looks like the average is almost a year now. I had high hopes of getting mine before hunting season, looks like I'll be lucky to get it in 2017...
Nobody knows what wait times will be after all the 7/13/16 and prior forms are processed. BATFE has never had the workload they have now, in a month or so they should be getting to post 41f forms. It will take some time but I see wait times getting down under 6 months.

Nobody knows what wait times will be after all the 7/13/16 and prior forms are processed. BATFE has never had the workload they have now, in a month or so they should be getting to post 41f forms. It will take some time but I see wait times getting down under 6 months.

They already are processing post 41F forms. Mine was submitted end of July, approved May 17th. Father in law was also submitted after 41F, he got his approval paperwork today.

They already are processing post 41F forms. Mine was submitted end of July, approved May 17th. Father in law was also submitted after 41F, he got his approval paperwork today.

Interesting...I bought through Silencer Shop June 14th, they held onto it and pushed with all the rest of the pre41f submittals and it's been pending since July 22nd.

SilencerShop Sig SRD556

Purchased Form 3 6/3/16
Form 4 filed 7/6/16
Form 4 Approved 5/18/17
Stamp at dealer 6/10/17

Scott

Called today... Approved! Finally!

Individual Trust

SilencerCo Omega

Purchased: 7/7/2016

Mailed: 7/9/2016

Cashed: 7/19/2016

Pending: 5/17/17

Approved: 6/13/17

Stamp at dealer: ?

Can in hand: ?

Last edited:
Do they go pending right away? I called the other day, my cc was charged 7/20, he told me received date was 7/15(ish cant' remember what he said), and said they are pending

Do they go pending right away? I called the other day, my cc was charged 7/20, he told me received date was 7/15(ish cant' remember what he said), and said they are pending

Mine was submitted Oct 2016 .Called in Nov and the lady on the phone said not to expect it to go pending for months. Finally went pending late Feb 2017....

Submitted July 29, 2016
Check cashed ???
Approved May 17, 2017
Stamp received after being sent to wrong address, returned, and sent to right address...June 16, 2017

Submitted July 29, 2016
Check cashed ???
Approved May 17, 2017
Stamp received after being sent to wrong address, returned, and sent to right address...June 16, 2017

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot that throws our timeline way out of kilter. Bizzare how some come in so much quicker than others......

Mine was submitted Oct 2016 .Called in Nov and the lady on the phone said not to expect it to go pending for months. Finally went pending late Feb 2017....
That is a little strange, I have never had one go pending more than 3 weeks after the form 4 was sent. That is including cans bought around the rush last summer. I have one submitted mid October 2016 that went pending late October. Usually the pending date is right when they cash the check, do you by chance know when that was on you submission?

I've heard from a few dealers that post 41f submissions are actually coming back sooner than pre 41f because there are far fewer of them to process.

If you think about it, it makes no sense to merge both pre and post requests into one pile because they are regulated by different rules... so if they're in fact working on both at the same time, I have a feeling the post change guys have a leg up on those of us who put in prior to the deadline.

What do you think would be the wait time now if I did a form 1 sbr now?
I've heard from a few dealers that post 41f submissions are actually coming back sooner than pre 41f because there are far fewer of them to process.

If you think about it, it makes no sense to merge both pre and post requests into one pile because they are regulated by different rules... so if they're in fact working on both at the same time, I have a feeling the post change guys have a leg up on those of us who put in prior to the deadline.

How long are you guys waiting from approved to dealer? I'm 17 days already and nothing. I think it's worse than waiting for approval knowing it's approved. Lol