• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well subsequently stamp came in today lol should be picking it up tomorrow.

Individual Trust

SilencerCo Omega

Purchased: 7/7/2016

Mailed: 7/9/2016

Cashed: 7/19/2016

Pending: 5/17/17

Approved: 6/13/17

Stamp at dealer: 6/21/17

Can in hand: 6/22/17

Last edited:
How long are you guys waiting from approved to dealer? I'm 17 days already and nothing. I think it's worse than waiting for approval knowing it's approved. Lol

Stupid question (this is my first go-around with a suppressor): How do you know when your approval date is? Do they notify you personally, or your dealer, or...?

Stupid question (this is my first go-around with a suppressor): How do you know when your approval date is? Do they notify you personally, or your dealer, or...?

Dealer should call when the paperwork comes in. If you have a lazy dealer then you may call ATF to do your own legwork.

Dealer should call when the paperwork comes in. If you have a lazy dealer then you may call ATF to do your own legwork.

Thanks for the answer. If I may ask further, when you say the dealer should call when the "paperwork" comes in, you mean the actual stamp itself, or is there some other paperwork they get before that? I ask because I see so many people who know they've been approved, but are still waiting for the stamp to arrive. I'm wondering how they got notice of approval if the stamp hasn't made it to the dealer? Unless they are calling every week to ask their status, in which case, it would seem that only bogs down the system further and makes the whole process even longer if everyone did that.

Unless they are calling every week to ask their status, in which case, it would seem that only bogs down the system further and makes the whole process even longer if everyone did that.

This. The dealer gets the stamp and approved form. You can call ATF with your serial, and they'll tell you the status. And as far as I know, the people answering the phones are not the ones approving. I think the best way to handle the wait is to forget about it and get another hobby in the meantime. I'm working on my weightlifting while I wait form my ultra 9....LOL

If I may ask further, when you say the dealer should call when the "paperwork" comes in, you mean the actual stamp itself, or is there some other paperwork they get before that? I ask because I see so many people who know they've been approved, but are still waiting for the stamp to arrive. I'm wondering how they got notice of approval if the stamp hasn't made it to the dealer? Unless they are calling every week to ask their status, in which case, it would seem that only bogs down the system further and makes the whole process even longer if everyone did that.

ATF will affix the stamp to the Form 4 and send it to the dealer, they will not notify you. Anyone that knows they've been approved is because they called the ATF mercilessly and inquired about the status of the approval. There could be a 3 to 4 week period between approval and the time your dealer calls you, it can also be as soon as a week. If you call the ATF all they will tell you is that it is pending or approved. The person answering the phone isn't an examiner and will give no other information. It's about a 1 minute phone call but you'll need to have your info handy.

Last edited:
ATF will affix the stamp to the Form 4 and send it to the dealer, they will not notify you. Anyone that knows they've been approved is because they called the ATF mercilessly and inquired about the status of the approval. There could be a 3 to 4 week period between approval and the time your dealer calls you, it can also be as soon as a week. If you call the ATF all they will tell you is that it is pending or approved. The person answering the phone isn't an examiner and will give no other information. It's about a 1 minute phone call but you'll need to have your info handy.

Yup, most dealers will tell you once they get the stamp in or i would hope they would.

Finally broke down and called the ATF NFA branch. Within about 30 seconds i found out the status of my can.

Silencer Co Omega
Form 4 Trust
check cashed 7/19/2016
approved 6/13/206
waiting on stamp to dealer.

Finally broke down and called the ATF NFA branch. Within about 30 seconds i found out the status of my can.

Silencer Co Omega
Form 4 Trust
check cashed 7/19/2016
approved 6/13/206
waiting on stamp to dealer.

It's good to see that we're starting to make our way to and through the back end of the pre-41 rush submissions.

USMC amazing isn't it?

I think once we start to see August forms coming back we will see times quickly dropping as the basketball will have finally made its way through the garden hose. How much the wait times drop is anyone's guess but it will probably be quicker than most expect for a short while. I wouldn't be surprised once the times drop to see them bump back up a little as people notice the quick turn around time and start buying again.

Form 4 trust
mailed to Dakota Silencer 9 July 2016
sent to ATF on 12 July
pending 25 July 2016
approved 25 June 2017
waiting on the call

unfuckingbelievable, 11 months for a machined piece of titanium.

I've seen a few approved past my current 22 July 16 pending date...I've made zero traction on getting guidance on what to do with my military move of 12 Aug 17. Called, emailed and left multiple voice messages to the suggested personnel, with zero reply. I'm basically getting to a point that, if not approved in the next week or so, there's a chance I'll have moved out of state prior to stamp making it to my FFL and will have a bigger problem on my hands.

As military can't you keep your state residence the same in a move? Be a pain to come back just to claim it though.

As military can't you keep your state residence the same in a move? Be a pain to come back just to claim it though.

Out of my dozen cans approved this was by far the longest wait, I've moved so many times I about lost count, even put in a few form 4's while stationed in Japan. As long as your trust address doesn't change, being the physical location of the cans you're good. I hope you used your home of record for the form 4's. Call the ATF and get some answers, they have to set you up for success in getting those form 4's changed to reflect your correct address. When you call, get names and ID numbers of everyone you talk to and keep a record of every phone call, anyone in gov't service has a chain of command even the civilian pukes that work for the gov't that don't give a shit except for the 1st and 15th of every month. Like I said, start small and take names and ID numbers and work your way up tactfully until assholes pucker and you start making traction. The ATF is so dysfunctional, I'd have liked to take a walk through there when I had a star on my collar and personally went full 3rd hat in there to get some answers. It's not as bad as the VA though!

It took me a month to get my stamp. If it gets to be past 30 days past approval, and you don't have your stamp, call the NFA branch and see if they'll send a duplicate to your address.

Submitted 1 on 7/6/16, got picked up 4/20/17
Submitted 2 more on 7/7/16 picked up 6/7/17
Go figure,........our efficient govt at work!

Go up this website, it will show you what is going on from the date a check was cashed. Hover the pointer over the dots and it will tell you date check cashed and number of days to approval. It will give you a good idea where you are in line and what the current wait time is.

For example checks cashed around 21 July 2016 are taking 335-340 days to approval of a form 4 trust then add three weeks mailing time for stamp and two weeks from date of mailing application until a check is cashed and it is taking an average of 385 days....or 1 year and 3 weeks from mailing an application to receipt of stamp.

http://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/

Last edited:
Form 4 trust.
SilencerCo suppressors purchased sometime in June. Paperwork sent in in early July.
Pending as of 7/27/16
Approved 6/26/17
Now waiting as patiently as possible for stamp to show up at my dealer.

Submitted 1 on 7/6/16, got picked up 4/20/17
Submitted 2 more on 7/7/16 picked up 6/7/17
Go figure,........our efficient govt at work!
Due to the influx of applications the week before 41F went into effect

Why would they send it to a dealer and not you?

Because he has the Can and because you still have to fill out a 4473 before you can take possesion. Ridiculous, but that's how it works. Even though you've filled out all the govt. forms and been approved by the BATFE, you still have to do a 4473.

Aren't the current times at about 11 months?

From mailing of the Form 4 application to receipt of stamp, it is about 1 year (370 days) for a Trust http://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/

The NFA branch is working on applications that were submitted just prior to the mid July 2016 41F rule change.

It appears that Snake Charmer had to wait for a form 3 transfer (45-60 days) to clear before they submitted his form 4. That would explain his extended wait.

I will bet he used Silencer Shop and if he didn't use them, what he bought wasn't in stock at his shop and they had to get one in first.

Last edited:
Aren't the current times at about 11 months?

Yes, but that was 14-1/2 months. There are people who filed AFTER the July 14th deadline last year who are already getting theirs, and this one was filed in April before that.

Gemtech GM-22, Form 4, trust
Form 4 submitted by Silencer Shop on 7-7-16
Approved 5-25-17
Waiting on stamp to arrive

Because he has the Can and because you still have to fill out a 4473 before you can take possesion. Ridiculous, but that's how it works. Even though you've filled out all the govt. forms and been approved by the BATFE, you still have to do a 4473.

Right,
Was just curious..
My dealer had my cans but the ATF sent me my stamps to my house address and I was able to just go to the dealer to pick them up.

Also fwiw
I sent forms for two different cans about two months aparts and the ATF sent both stamps to me together..

From mailing of the Form 4 application to receipt of stamp, it is about 1 year (370 days) for a Trust http://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/

The NFA branch is working on applications that were submitted just prior to the mid July 2016 41F rule change.

It appears that Snake Charmer had to wait for a form 3 transfer (45-60 days) to clear before they submitted his form 4. That would explain his extended wait.

I will bet he used Silencer Shop and if he didn't use them, what he bought wasn't in stock at his shop and they had to get one in first.

Correct, I did go through silencer shop and it took me several weeks to complete the trust documents, with notary signatures, and get those faxed back over after the purchase.

Right,
Was just curious..
My dealer had my cans but the ATF sent me my stamps to my house address and I was able to just go to the dealer to pick them up.

Also fwiw
I sent forms for two different cans about two months aparts and the ATF sent both stamps to me together..

That's odd...but not really considering your dealing with the govt. I've done 6 Form 4's, some filed on the same day, and have several friends that have multiples also. None of us has ever had stamped Form 4's sent directly to us.

Credit card was charged 7/21/16 for 2 cans
approved like 6/13 and 6/23
go the call the stamp is at the dealer 7/10

Here I was thinking my wait should be over any time now...only about 10 months in guess I have some more waiting based on the roughly 1 year most are posting.

Form 4 completed & signed this afternoon. Everything will be submitted in the morning. This is a trust.

Thoughts on wait times?

Anyone's guess. I keep reading any day/week now the pre 41 forms will be finished and on to the post but the pre forms just keep hanging on. I've seen on other sites a few have posted they or a friend have finally received a post form 4 back but they are so rare to date its almost hard to believe yet. The basketball in the garden hose hasn't moved through yet but if I had to wager a guess probably sometime around October.

Individual trust. Postmarked 7/12/16. Check cashed 7/27/16. Picked it up my reaper today. Long wait. But happy to have it

This thread had daily input until three week ago, then nothing. What happened?

Says something for post 41f volume. I'm waiting on a march 2017 as patiently as I know how.

I hope the post-41f load is lighter and NFA can clear them all out more quickly now. I'd like to think that my Oct '16 purchase can be complete before the "normal" one year timeframe.

I filed as an individual last month and it only took 19 days to cash the check. Hopefully a sign things are speeding up.

Says something for post 41f volume. I'm waiting on a march 2017 as patiently as I know how.

Same as me. Seems like it was a lot longer ago than that too, huh?

There is some good info in the link on the second post.

That post suggests they're estimating 6-7 mos. for an application submitted today. That seems hard to believe, but I hope it's true.