• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

In the Reddit page I saw a post about everyone’s silencer shop information being incomplete when they checked it. I went to my dash board on the site and mine was incomplete as well. This is so confusing as I was extremely careful to do all this completely. I completed the information and sent them an email as well but haven’t heard back. Hopefully this is info helps anyone out that is using silencer shop. Check yours out and let us know if the same thing happened to you

Yeah my information on SS was incomplete. Had to go through and answer the form questions like it was a form 4473 to buy a gun.

Yeah my information on SS was incomplete. Had to go through and answer the form questions like it was a form 4473 to buy a gun.
How does this happen and no one gets notified? I get the feeling silencer shop doesn’t take care of business at all . I hope I’m wrong

How does this happen and no one gets notified? I get the feeling silencer shop doesn’t take care of business at all . I hope I’m wrong
I've not ever had an issue with them myself, and I've done 6 or 7 with them but yeah, I don't know how this can happen and no one get a notification about it. Maybe I did and it went to junk or something. Glad I saw it on here or id have never known. I don't go looking at my SS profile much. Thank you for posting here, you likely have saved a ton of us some serious delays.

SS is garbage and has been for years. They're like a ponzi scheme of the gun world. Pay a 3rd party to process paperwork?

They sucked bad when they were just a dumpy store in Austin. I'm glad I learned my lesson a decade ago

In the Reddit page I saw a post about everyone’s silencer shop information being incomplete when they checked it. I went to my dash board on the site and mine was incomplete as well. This is so confusing as I was extremely careful to do all this completely. I completed the information and sent them an email as well but haven’t heard back. Hopefully this is info helps anyone out that is using silencer shop. Check yours out and let us know if the same thing happened to you
It says that on mine after every time I submit an eForm to the ATF, but then after a couple days it goes back to normal automatically. Don’t freak out folks. 😂

It says that on mine after every time I submit an eForm to the ATF, but then after a couple days it goes back to normal automatically. Don’t freak out folks. 😂
Well mine is from last august and it never said that until now when I checked it.

Well mine is from last august and it never said that until now when I checked it.
Odd, but I'd contact them, and then see what they say. Mine happens every time I submit an eForm, and then a day or 2 later, it goes back to normal automatically. 🤷🏼

All the people that had it happen in Reddit were in the same boat as me. They said the questions were new. I think 6 and 6a

Well the data leads me to believe the AFT is pushing for everyone to buy five (or 4) or more cans at a time🤔👍

Suppressed pews are happy pews😄

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
All the people that had it happen in Reddit were in the same boat as me. They said the questions were new. I think 6 and 6a
Just went and checked, and they have added 2 new questions to answer since my last eForm submission. Took 30 seconds to complete, and done.

I think what you are speaking about is two new questions that have been added that need to be answered: questions 6.a. and 6.b. these would apply to the form called, “National Firearm Act (NFA)(Responsible Person Questionnaire.” Is this what you are referring to that are showing incomplete when you checked it?

If so, those new questions would apply to new submissions for future cans that you have not submitted yet, not the cans you already have submitted In pending status. That red banner at the top of the page in your Silencer Shop account with the message: “Required: Your Registration is missing information,” would also be there if your picture was out of date (it is only good for one year), but that does not mean your pending submission would be rejected if the ATF took longer than one year to process, it just means the picture has to have been taken in the previous year at the time of submission.

Remember ATF has said that no changes can be made to an eform already in process.

I think what you are speaking about is two new questions that have been added that need to be answered: questions 6.a. and 6.b. these would apply to the form called, “National Firearm Act (NFA)(Responsible Person Questionnaire.” Is this what you are referring to that are showing incomplete when you checked it?

If so, those new questions would apply to new submissions for future cans that you have not submitted yet, not the cans you already have submitted In pending status. That red banner at the top of the page in your Silencer Shop account with the message: “Required: Your Registration is missing information,” would also be there if your picture was out of date (it is only good for one year), but that does not mean your pending submission would be rejected if the ATF took longer than one year to process, it just means the picture has to have been taken in the previous year at the time of submission.

Remember ATF has said that no changes can be made to an eform already in process.
That makes sense . This whole situation is just so fucked up you spend all this time worried you miss something and then that happened .

Reactions: PropWash
That makes sense . This whole situation is just so fucked up you spend all this time worried you miss something and then that happened .
I get it and I get your concern. If you want to confirm that everything is ok with your pending submissions, login into your Silencer Shop account click on the “Dashboard” tab and under that click on the blue “View” box, of the respective suppressor(s) that is submitted and that opens your docusign form that you signed. When you get to the RPQ page with all the questions answered with the “X” mark do you see questions 6a and 6b? No, because that was the form you submitted pre-revision and your docusign is a pdf so it cannot be edited. Then go back and click on the black box called, “Details” and that will bring up your “Sign Status” and it should show “completed.” So if you have “completed“ status and your Docusign doesn’t have blank questions 6a and 6b (they won’t be there, because those questions didn’t exist on that version of eforms) then you’re golden, good to go.

Silencer Shop will have a failsafe built into the submission process from now on that won’t even permit you to certify with your dealer until you answer those two questions.

Silencer Shop could do a better job and send all of their customers a notification email letting them know those two questions must be answered before they can do another submission.

I get it and I get your concern. If you want to confirm that everything is ok with your pending submissions, login into your Silencer Shop account click on the “Dashboard” tab and under that click on the blue “View” box, of the respective suppressor(s) that is submitted and that opens your docusign form that you signed. When you get to the RPQ page with all the questions answered with the “X” mark do you see questions 6a and 6b? No, because that was the form you submitted pre-revision and your docusign is a pdf so it cannot be edited. Then go back and click on the black box called, “Details” and that will bring up your “Sign Status” and it should show “completed.” So if you have “completed“ status and your Docusign doesn’t have blank questions 6a and 6b (they won’t be there, because those questions didn’t exist on that version of eforms) then you’re golden, good to go.

Silencer Shop will have a failsafe built into the submission process from now on that won’t even permit you to certify with your dealer until you answer those two questions.

Silencer Shop could do a better job and send all of their customers a notification email letting them know those two questions must be answered before they can do another submission.
Looks like I’m all good sitting here at ten months

Suppressor approval inconsistency never ceases to amaze. I got a eform 4 trust approval today, on a Sunday. Happy Father’s Day to me. 🤣
They did that to me for my last form 4, woke up on a Sunday morning to find an email from a little after 0700 mountain time. Checked the date to make sure it was done on say Friday afternoon and I was just now getting the approval. Nope, same day. The dealer thought I bullshitting him that morning when I called to say dust off the box cause I was coming by to it up. He checks and said “first time I ever saw one get approved on a sunday”. I certainly wouldn’t have expected it.

So the ATF agents must approve our forms and put them in a que which then spits em out randomly. I HIGHLY doubt ATF agents are working all hours of the night and on weekends.
Anyone know anything about this?

Reactions: FuhQ
So the ATF agents must approve our forms and put them in a que which then spits em out randomly. I HIGHLY doubt ATF agents are working all hours of the night and on weekends.
Anyone know anything about this?
Yep definitely computer spitting out the approval emails. my last 2 approvals were on federal holidays.

Reactions: 30calDeath
I had 2 submitted/in process oct 7 2022.
1 at 2pm the other at 2:05pm.
The 2nd one was approved first on 6-15-2023. 251 days. Hopefully the other one gets approved soon.
Both through Silencer Shop.
Trust.

Last edited:
I totally forgot the thread was about Form4 wait times....

heres some more cheery news: i watch the reddit mega approval thread. The NFA sub on reddit has 180,000 members.

16 Form 4s
7 Form 1s
3 brace rules

and thats in about a 24 hour period.

now lets say thats only 10% of what is getting approved. so maybe 260 approvals a day..... or am i low in thinking thats what is getting approved? even at 2%.... do you really think they are approving 1300 a day? whats the inflow?

ATF is the new Getaspo
The "Getaspo"? 🤣

go-look-it.jpg

Form 4 for a SMG, submited 3rd week Sept , 2022,
approved 2 days ago,

almost exactly 9 months,

as an aside, had a customer cancel a form 4 for a suppressor after waiting 6 months because he said it took too long and his trust would be faster,
so he called, cancelled it, and we re efiled in his trust, 7 months ago,,,

I’m at 316 days. I’ve called NFA and gotten “pending”. Anything else I can/should do? I’m guessing no but I figured I’d ask.

I’m at 316 days. I’ve called NFA and gotten “pending”. Anything else I can/should do? I’m guessing no but I figured I’d ask.
Aside from having one of your representatives inquire on your behalf thats about all you can do. And it seems like half the time they blow off representatives with a very generic response. Its just a cruel waiting game unfortunately. Im at exactly 9 months today, hopefully i will wake up to my approval email any day now.

Got an email from the ATF saying I’m no longer subscribed? I didn’t take any action on my part at all, haven’t logged into the site for over a month now. Anyone else get one of these?
IMG_4964.jpeg

Dumb question, probably. I filed an eform1 on the ATF website and feel like I messed something up. How will they notify me if there is a fuck up? Or do I just need to review my eforms periodically?

Dumb question, probably. I filed an eform1 on the ATF website and feel like I messed something up. How will they notify me if there is a fuck up? Or do I just need to review my eforms periodically?
They’ll send you a denial, that’s how you’ll know.

Reactions: southernpew