• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

11/01/22 cert
06/29/23 approved
SS individual trust

TBAC Dominus CB
Submitted/Certified…..09/27/2022
Approved…. 06/30/2023
Days…. Way too many

Certified 2 on 12/01/2022. Both on Single Shot trusts.

Got one in, today.

87981D21-6D98-4394-B3E7-3AE0ABC38101.jpeg

Bittersweet report.

My FFL was shut down, one of a seemingly great many recently. As a result of being shut down, all Suppressors held in jail were fast-tracked. Happy for me, sad for the boys at the FFL.

Individual E-filed 5-19.
Approved/picked up today (6-30)

My first can.

The other 3 I have ordered aren't in the system yet, so not so lucky. Will have to go through a different FFL, which are becoming harder to find.

If the one I have in the pipe doesn’t get approved in the next two weeks, it will have equaled the same wait time as my last paper form which was done before eforms went live.

My Form 4 got pending status on June 27. I submitted my expedition paperwork today. We'll see how it goes.

YHM Turbo K
Trust form 4 e-filed 12/2/22
Released from confinement yesterday so about 7 months.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention this one was # 3 of 4 on the same trust submitted the same day. The other three are still doin’ time in the big house. Fed Gov… go figure.

Reactions: The GIF-fer
New to the forum, just looking for some reassurance on who is in the same boat as me.
I have seen many approvals recently coming from October 2022-December 2022.
My e-file single shot trust through silencer shop was submitted 8/20/22, im at 322 days.
When I called the ATF earlier for an update, they told me that the "average" wait time right now is 230 days...
how many people out there have e-forms out there older than mine, make me feel better lol.
I feel like the ATF has just put my application on the back burner while they are flowing through applications from december.

Last edited:
New to the forum, just looking for some reassurance on who is in the same boat as me.
My e-file through silencer shop was submitted 8/20/22, im at 322 days.
When I called the ATF earlier for an update, they told me that the "average" wait time right now is 230 days...
how many people out there have e-forms out there older than mine, make me feel better lol.
I feel like the ATF has just put my application on the back burner while they are flowing through applications from december.
Trust or individual?

My e-file single shot trust through silencer shop was submitted 8/20/22, im at 322 days.

You need to be in contact with your senator and congressman. They can find out when your background check was done and maybe help move you forward

Reactions: Baron23
I’m at 270 as of this morning.

I’m guessing that has something to do with it, trusts seem to go longer. Still, you’re definitely past normal. When you called they just said it was pending I assume?
Yep, they can’t give me any information apart from saying that my application is still in a “pending” status. No matter how much I try to pry information out of them.

supposedly, the application processors are assigned to a group of names or letters in the alphabet, so Bob may be doing A's, Sue may be processing Z's.
and supposedly they were flooded during the Silencer fiasco of a few years ago, started to get caught up, and now, supposedly, swamped by all the form 1's.

a lof of supposedly's

anyhoo, as an SOT, I had a eFile for a Silencer, and another for a MG come back in almost 9 months to the day, in the past month

My date is 8/22/22 and nothing yet for me. I emailed atf a week ago and they said the fbi hadn’t reviewed my nics yet. I contacted my congressman and they are doing an inquiry

Got one today. No batch approval unfortunately.
10/9/22 submitted.
Approved 7/8/23
272 days. Individual trust.

Those with batch approvals do the emails come back to back from the ATF?

I had to go to my Senator (yeah, way blue state but they all have young constituent service staffers). ATF replied that after a fucking year it was still with the FBI for NICS background check, that I was on NICS "Delay", and they told me to contact the FBI (which only has 35K employees and absolutely zero contact info for NICS).

The entire system is utterly opaque and its fucking ridiculous that we can't get actual status of where exactly in the process our submittals are. “Pending” is all you get…could be years and all they’d say is “pending”. Pitiful

I did finally find an email for the FBI VAF office (UPIN office), sent them a VERY politely email stating that I knew this was not their area of responsibility but could they please give me a contact in the NICS office that handles ATF initiated checks. To my surprise and shock, I got a live fire, he wrote back the next day to tell me that my NICS check was recently completed and sent back to the ATF, and when I asked what "recently" meant he then indicated it was approved and sent back the day he asked about it. How about that coincidence (sigh) It was sitting under a rhetorical box of donuts on someone's desk is my view.

At no time during this process did our asshole Federal government ever provide a way for a tax paying citizen to see where in the the process is their form 4 and what, if anything, is holding it up. It just sucks (my general view of government efficiency and competence overall).

I did recently submit an e-form (with graphic file of my fingerprint card) to the FBI's VAF in order to get a UPIN. That was approved in less than one working day!! So, next time they say I'm on "Delay" I'm going to throw a whole truck load of bullshit flags at them.

And did the ATF say that with e-file the Form 4 processing would be 90 days? Yes, they did....its fucking hilarious.

fuck-the-atf-v0-cyhgc9hsfxba1.jpg

Last edited:
@Baron23 Well, technically, it’s illegal for the government to tax a right, so the entire NFA is completely unconstitutional, and needs to be abolished. But if they ever admit that, their house of cards falls in federal court. I just wish the SC would grow the balls to shut down their illegal extortion scheme power-grab that’s been going on for 90 years.

I had to go to my Senator (yeah, way blue state but they all have young constituent service staffers). ATF replied that after a fucking year it was still with the FBI for NICS background check, that I was on NICS "Delay", and they told me to contact the FBI (which only has 35K employees and absolutely zero contact info for NICS).

The entire system is utterly opaque and its fucking ridiculous that we can't get actual status of where exactly in the process our submittals are. “Pending” is all you get…could be years and all they’d say is “pending”. Pitiful

I did finally find an email for the FBI VAF office (UPIN office), sent them a VERY politely email stating that I knew this was not their area of responsibility but could they please give me a contact in the NICS office that handles ATF initiated checks. To my surprise and shock, I got a live fire, he wrote back the next day to tell me that my NICS check was recently completed and sent back to the ATF, and when I asked what "recently" meant he then indicated it was approved and sent back the day he asked about it. How about that coincidence (sigh) It was sitting under a rhetorical box of donuts on someone's desk is my view.

At no time during this process did our asshole Federal government ever provide a way for a tax paying citizen to see where in the the process is their form 4 and what, if anything, is holding it up. It just sucks (my general view of government efficiency and competence overall).

I did recently submit an e-form (with graphic file of my fingerprint card) to the FBI's VAF in order to get a UPIN. That was approved in less than one working day!! So, next time they say I'm on "Delay" I'm going to throw a whole truck load of bullshit flags at them.

And did the ATF say that with e-file the Form 4 processing would be 90 days? Yes, they did....its fucking hilarious.

fuck-the-atf-v0-cyhgc9hsfxba1.jpg
I contacted the fbi and they said nothing lol

Attachments

• IMG_5273.png
    IMG_5273.png
    782.5 KB · Views: 59
Well, technically, it’s illegal for the government to tax a right, so the entire NFA is completely unconstitutional
Well, yeah....but that argument won't get your can out of jail, right?

I contacted the fbi and they said nothing lol
Fucking bummer, man. I must have gotten the only live wire there....or maybe after I provoked a reply from my guy they fired him and re-briefed their "fuck the tax paying citizen, no update" policy. Or, perhaps because I mentioned contacting my Senator's office who opened an inquiry (but prob not). I guess I just got lucky.

As you know, all you will get out of the ATF is "its pending" or "its approved". But, have you called them (the ATF...the folks in W VA are actually rather nice and polite in my experience). Start there and when you get the "its pending" then go to your Senator's office with the 11 month so far wait for a process that's running 7-8 months currently (is this right?). Now, if you want to be on really, really, really solid ground with your complaint to your Senator's office, wait a month and go with with "its been a year!!" LOL

They will inquire to the ATF who will say more than just "pending". If the ATF points to the FBI, then sic the Senator's office on the FBI for a status of your ATF initiated NICS check. Do not just accept the "talk to the FBI" from the ATF. You need an official office to make an inquiry. For all we know....they don't even have it (lost, dog ate it, whatever).

Sorry it didn't work out better for you.

Last edited:

Fucking bummer, man. I must have gotten the only live wire there....or maybe after I provoked a reply from my guy they fired him and re-briefed their no "fuck the tax paying citizen" no update policy. Or, perhaps because I mentioned contacting my Senator's office who opened an inquiry (but prob not). I guess I just got lucky.

As you know, all you will get out of the ATF is "its pending" or "its approved". But, have you called them (the ATF...the folks in W VA are actually rather nice and polite in my experience). Start there and when you get the "its pending" then go to your Senator's office with the 11 month so far wait for a process that's running 7-8 months currently (is this right?). Now, if you want to be on really, really, really solid ground with your complaint to your Senator's office, wait a month and go with with "its been a year!!" LOL

They will inquire to the ATF who will say more than just "pending". If the ATF points to the FBI, then sic the Senator's office on the FBI for a status of your ATF initiated NICS check. Do not just accept the "talk to the FBI" from the ATF. You need an official office to make an inquiry. For all we know....they don't even have it (lost, dog ate it, whatever).

Yea Same thing from atf just pending . I did an inquiry through my congressman. Hopefully I’ll get it before a year

I had ti update my picture with SS. Not because it was a year old, but because the ery top of my hair was cut off. That picture was fine for my last 2 cans, but not fine now????

• Wow
Q Honey Badger SD (SBR & Suppressed)
Form 1 & 4 Trust
Sent in 10/13/2022
Received 7/13/2023
Silencer Shop via Blackstone shooting in Charlotte

Last edited:

Fucking bummer, man. I must have gotten the only live wire there....or maybe after I provoked a reply from my guy they fired him and re-briefed their no "fuck the tax paying citizen" no update policy. Or, perhaps because I mentioned contacting my Senator's office who opened an inquiry (but prob not). I guess I just got lucky.

There are no dogs at ATF HQ.

Reactions: FuhQ
Well this is a new one. Yall need to go check your SS profile.

I had to do a new picture last week, now this week they are saying that my wife needs to submit fingerprints ect... OR, be properly removed from my trust....

Of course this has me perplexed because she isn't on my trust nor has she been for years. Her name doesn't appear anywhere on the trust docs that SS has on my dashboard right now???? I've sent an email to try and find out what's going on here, just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Well this is a new one. Yall need to go check your SS profile.

I had to do a new picture last week, now this week they are saying that my wife needs to submit fingerprints ect... OR, be properly removed from my trust....

Of course this has me perplexed because she isn't on my trust nor has she been for years. Her name doesn't appear anywhere on the trust docs that SS has on my dashboard right now???? I've sent an email to try and find out what's going on here, just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

I thought SS was pretty well known for that kind of asshattery ?