• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surgeon_Shooter

Sure Shot Night Vision
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 2, 2009
    Oklahoma
    How long is the wait time on a form 4 to date? Post how long you have been waiting or how long you recently waited before it was completed and sighned.

JAY

Last edited:
    Reactions: 338dude
    Re: Form 4 wait time

There is a pretty good detailed time line over on Silencertalk.com. It's under silencertalk subforum, thread name ATF continued. Different people are getting different results. I have had one pending since 5/27. I called them and they are waiting on my fingerprint cards. Some people that sent theirs in around the time I did have got theirs back a month ago. It's luck of the draw right now.

took about 3mos for approval and I've been waiting since Aug 2nd for paperwork to arrive in mail. And I'm still waiting!!!!

• Sad

Dang,how long have you been waiting for the paper work? If you dont mind me asking who did you order from?

They are assigned to examiner by 1'st letter of last name. Depending on that letter it can go 2-12+ months. It's the government can't over work them, if pushed pace will go from turtle to handicapped snail.

• Haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are assigned to examiner by 1'st letter of last name. Depending on that letter it can go 2-12+ months. It's the government can't over work them, if pushed pace will go from turtle to handicapped snail. </div></div>

Actually each dealer has a designated examiner. How they determine which examiner does which dealers, I dont know that information.

so basicly theres no worries of getting it soon at all.I ready to go quiet!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Surgeon-Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dang,how long have you been waiting for the paper work? If you dont mind me asking who did you order from? </div></div>

a good buddy of mine, this is really weird. First time its taken this long after approval to get paperwork.

• Sad

Phone, you need your serial number for the item. Number is
    304-616-4500, store it in your phone.

I sure hope they are working weekend--they have 4 forms I am waiting on. I have been pending almost two months. HURRY!

I just picked up my AAC M4 2000 after only a 2 month wait. That is the fastest I have experienced. Recently bought 2 other cans from another dealer and those took about 4 months. Different dealers have different NFA agents. Some seem more motivated to get stuff off their desk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TypeR632</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's also been rumored they are working weekends. Don't know if its true or not?! </div></div>

NOPE .. someone was blowing smoke!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sawhornsoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just picked up my AAC M4 2000 after only a 2 month wait. That is the fastest I have experienced. Recently bought 2 other cans from another dealer and those took about 4 months. Different dealers have different NFA agents. Some seem more motivated to get stuff off their desk. </div></div>

Your killing me Smalls, mine went pending July 6th and I am still waiting. My examiner is Ted Clutter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are assigned to examiner by 1'st letter of last name. Depending on that letter it can go 2-12+ months. It's the government can't over work them, if pushed pace will go from turtle to handicapped snail. </div></div>

Actually each dealer has a designated examiner. How they determine which examiner does which dealers, I dont know that information. </div></div>

yep,Ive had two dealers,both different examiners.

I'm on my 3rd transfer and this is by far the slowest. I sent paperwork off for my Yankee Hill .30 can on April 24th went pending middle of May... still pending here at the of August. My others took 2 months tops. Oh well.... I guess our tax dollars are hard at work.

Mailed my F4 July 2nd. Check cashed July 6th. Pending since August 10th. Ted Clutter is my examiner too. Hope to be approved any day now.

Had 2 cans approved via Ted Clutter. For the cans that were approved by Mr Clutter, the forms were sent March 6 and my class 3 guy got the forms back July 21.

Check cashed on Apr 4
    Assigned June 9
    Approved August 18
    Should have paperwork back any day...

Mailed: 15 Jun
    Check cashed: 03 Jul
    Pending: 03 Aug
    Approved: ??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dag1055</div><div class="ubbcode-body">took about 3mos for approval and I've been waiting since Aug 2nd for paperwork to arrive in mail. And I'm still waiting!!!! </div></div>

I had this problem before with shippman. One call to the section chief, I had the forms with in the week.
    wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TypeR632</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a pretty good detailed time line over on Silencertalk.com. It's under silencertalk subforum, thread name ATF continued. Different people are getting different results. I have had one pending since 5/27. I called them and they are waiting on my fingerprint cards. Some people that sent theirs in around the time I did have got theirs back a month ago. It's luck of the draw right now. </div></div>

Approved 8/31/09, going to pick it up tomorrow.

sent in paperwork on 2 can on 4/22
    one went pending 6/18 and the other 6/22
    called NFA and one approved 9/3 the other still pending.

How are you guys checking status? All I can tell is that my check cashed 11 August. Where are you finding pending status and inspectors name?

Thanks!

Edited: Pending 31 AUG

call NFA at ph# 304-616-4500 and ask for a status update on your can/SBR/etc... You will need to provide them the serial number or your suppressor etc. for them to check. They will also provie you the examiner name. The people that answer the phone are not the happiest people in the world so treat them gently and they will usually talk nice.

Still awaiting Approval:(

Can on a trust...

Mailed in my Form 4 on 4/18/09
    Check cashed 4/29/09
    Went pending on 6/18/09
    Still waiting on 9/8/09
    *Approved* on........9/15/09

I am thinking it will get approved in the next week or 2, which will put it in the "3 month" range from Pending to Approved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Surgeon-Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just sent the good ol ATF my form 4 on my new AAC cyclone 7.62 and im kinda wandering about how long i should expect to wait.Im guessing about 2 or 3 months but thats just a guess.If anybody got theres back recently,How long did it take yours to return?

Thanks for the help

JAY </div></div>

Just sit back and it will be under the X-mass tree. MAYBE!. LOL.. You guys keep for getting that this is a privilege not our right. At least thats what I was told by the nice BITCH I talked to about my transfer time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S&J Refinishing</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Surgeon-Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just sent the good ol ATF my form 4 on my new AAC cyclone 7.62 and im kinda wandering about how long i should expect to wait.Im guessing about 2 or 3 months but thats just a guess.If anybody got theres back recently,How long did it take yours to return?

Thanks for the help

JAY </div></div>

Just sit back and it will be under the X-mass tree. MAYBE!. LOL.. You guys keep for getting that this is a privilege not our right. At least thats what I was told by the nice BITCH I talked to about my transfer time. </div></div>

That would have burnt my ass up. And the problem is you really can't say anything to them. You may never get the item.

I am still a bit disgruntled about the delivery time for a can to my dealer. My YHM Phantom should have been sent out by now "so the YHM rep told me"

Ordered 3/05/09
    check cashed 3/26/09
    YHM waiting for dealer paper work to clear 6/4/09
    YHM "should be sent out any day now" 7/18/09

still waiting 9/09/09

Dealer delivery on mt Abraxas was 7 1/2 mo. My last atf transfer this spring was 17 weeks! I was used to 5-7 weeks. :-(

• Wow