• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Form 4 wait time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any Mid December pendings from Texas showing up yet? GP </div></div>

I have a early November from Louisiana that is not in yet. If the examiner info is correct, we have the same one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any Mid December pendings from Texas showing up yet? GP</div></div>

nfatracker.com

They are just clearing November pending forms right now.

I got mine from end of november just yesterday. So about 5 months from pending. Maybe there are going to start speeding up soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: normbal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any Mid December pendings from Texas showing up yet? GP</div></div>

nfatracker.com

</div></div>

Even though nfatracker is accurate info, there's a reason people post these threads. The last approved form from Pickles is Oct pending on nfatracker. I rarely look there to keep up with the most current approved list. This thread and ar15 thread have the most up to date info. There are forms being approved from mid Dec - just not my examiner. Who is TX's current examiner?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roadwild17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So how do you find out if your approved, just call your examiner, ps im in texas. </div></div>

Call ATF, NFA branch, provide transfer name and serials. You'll get a pending or approved status. For the love of GOD, DO not bother Sara. Let her work and get my forms approved....getting really close!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roadwild17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So how do you find out if your approved, just call your examiner, ps im in texas. </div></div>

Call ATF, NFA branch, provide transfer name and serials. You'll get a pending or approved status. For the love of GOD, DO not bother Sara. Let her work and get my forms approved....getting really close! </div></div>

Please leave Sara alone, they do not need anymore delays.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mikee Booshay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got my most recent - sent in mid October, approved mid April, stamp came in yesterday at dealer. </div></div>

It took a month from approved to receive your stamp, damn, that used to be a week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwc001</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roadwild17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So how do you find out if your approved, just call your examiner, ps im in texas. </div></div>

Call ATF, NFA branch, provide transfer name and serials. You'll get a pending or approved status. For the love of GOD, DO not bother Sara. Let her work and get my forms approved....getting really close! </div></div>

Please leave Sara alone, they do not need anymore delays. </div></div>

Humm.... if i knew i were before you in line i would call, o well ill leave her alone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helidriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know who the examiner for Arizona is? I didn't realized they were assigned by state. </div></div>

NFA Examiner Assignment Distribution (effective July 2011)
Nicole Dudash IL, IN, OH, PA
Chris Farris AK, CT, MA, ME, MI, NH, RI, VT
Ann Feltner AZ, CA, NM, NV
Jason Frushour CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, WI, WY
Sara Jones LA, TX
Albert Lamberger AL, FL, TN
Dana Pickles DE, KY, MD, NC, NJ, NY, VA, WV
Suzanne Santamaria GA, SC
William Shipman AR, HI, IA, KS, MN, MO, MS, NE, OK
Sandra Snook ID, OR, WA

Applications from the District Of Columbia and US Territories Will be Assigned to the Supervisory Legal Instruments Examiner

I had a form 4 go pending 11-25-11 and get approved 5-18-12
It has picked up some, so look for it to start speeding up this summer and be quick for at least one full year!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7.62DAV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Form 4 (individual transfer) for a suppressor

AAC 762SDN6
Packet mailed: 04NOV2011
Check cashed: 15NOV2011
Pending: 21NOV2011
Approved: <span style="color: #FF0000">08MAY2012</span>
Stamp Received: <span style="color: #FF0000">20MAY2012</span>
Examiner:Jason Bowers

</div></div>

Took right around 6 months from pending to receiving stamp.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwc001</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helidriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know who the examiner for Arizona is? I didn't realized they were assigned by state. </div></div>

Sara Jones LA, TX
Sandra Snook ID, OR, WA

Applications from the District Of Columbia and US Territories Will be Assigned to the Supervisory Legal Instruments Examiner </div></div>

I don't think that's correct anymore - Pickles has been doing TN - or at least for my last 5 transfers since the re-org. When I originally called to check on three of them, I was assigned Lamburger - but they arrived with Pickle's signature. Bowers isn't even listed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwc001</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helidriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know who the examiner for Arizona is? I didn't realized they were assigned by state. </div></div>

Sara Jones LA, TX
Sandra Snook ID, OR, WA

Applications from the District Of Columbia and US Territories Will be Assigned to the Supervisory Legal Instruments Examiner </div></div>

I don't think that's correct anymore - Pickles has been doing TN - or at least for my last 5 transfers since the re-org. When I originally called to check on three of them, I was assigned Lamburger - but they arrived with Pickle's signature. Bowers isn't even listed.

</div></div>

May not be 100% correct, but that is what I found, I am sure some of them have changed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwc001</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
anschutz64ms said:
Form 4 suppressor
AAC Cyclone 7.62
Pending...12-2-11
Approved..5-16-12
Still waiting for my dealer to say Come get it.
5.5 months after approval date </div></div>

Who is your examiner? [/quote

^^^This, and what state do you live in. </div></div>
Examiner:Nicole Dudash
State.... Pa

I'm getting ready to mail my form 4 and trust (mostly likely tomorrow after I get my trust noterized) and I'm just curious as to how much of an affect the 12 sub contractors will have on the wait times (I know this is the million dollar question with this thread). I figure if they're doubling up on their man power I hope to see my suppressor this year... Or is this a pipe dream?

This waiting period sucks... Nothing like shelling out a grand and not getting the goods in a timely manner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm getting ready to mail my form 4 and trust (mostly likely tomorrow after I get my trust noterized) and I'm just curious as to how much of an affect the 12 sub contractors will have on the wait times (I know this is the million dollar question with this thread). I figure if they're doubling up on their man power I hope to see my suppressor this year... Or is this a pipe dream?

This waiting period sucks... Nothing like shelling out a grand and not getting the goods in a timely manner.
</div></div>

It should help a lot. Contractors are usually extremely productive, because unlike the full government employees they can actually be fired.

[/quote]

It should help a lot. Contractors are usually extremely productive, because unlike the full government employees they can actually be fired.[/quote]

This is true. When I was in civil service (5 years, after 21 years active duty Army), besides coming in at 630 and leaving after 5, working through lunch, being assigned "committee duties" there were medical boards to complete that there simply wasn't time for. Civil Service rules say anything over a 40 hour week must be compensated. It's federal law the command wouldn't comply with (they had their ways, I mean, you're only scheduled so much work, but those phone calls and record keeping chores still have to get done, right?). With no comp. time forthcoming, as more of us refused to do the extra added burden of administrivia, this work was assigned to more of the contractors, who often stayed to 8 PM and came in on weekends to get the work done. Or? They'd be fired.

Bureaucracy always multiplies to fill up the available space. A year after I left, none of the contractors were still there after their one year agreement.

I don't suppose this is going to work out much differently for NFA branch.

1. NFA Item: Suppressor
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Form Sent: 4/16/12
5. Form Arrived: 4/19/12
6. Check Cashed: 4/21/12 (that was fast lol)
7. Pending Date: 5/16/12
8. Approved Date:
9. Forms Received:
10. Examiner Name: Sara Jones

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwc001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NFA Item: .22 Suppressor
Form Type: Form 4
Ordered 6-30-11
Forms Sent to ATF: 11-10-11
Check cashed: 11-15-11
Pending: ?????
Approved: ??????
Forms received: ?????
Examiner: ?????

I have at least seen it one time, when I went by Roscoe's and did the paperwork. But that was about 9 months ago. Maybe one day I will have it.
_________________________ </div></div>

Form Type: Form 4
Ordered 6-30-11
Forms Sent to ATF: 11-10-11
Check cashed: 11-15-11
Pending: ?????
Approved: 5-15-12
Forms received: 5-21-11
Examiner: Bowers

I'm still waiting from a December 10th Form-4 submission. Good to see the Novembers are clearing out.

In order to speed up the process I submit my form and check by priority mail with a signature requirement, do not forget to include a 12 pack of Bud light with dry ice to keep it cold. I am thinking that I will get my form on the fast track!

Item: Suppressor / Form 4
Type: Individual
Recd BATF: 21 Oct 2011
Approved: 14 May 2012
Examiner: Chris Farris

As a heads up, local LE fingerprinted me using their cards - REJECTED by ATF.

ATF sent back new FBI cards & I resubmitted - added 1 month + to wait.

If you want more info, ask to speak to supervisor. They will either speak to you or CALL YOU BACK. 2X for me.

Also have a Pending: 12/8/11
Check Cashed: 11/28/2012
Examiner: Sara Jones
Form 4/ Silencer/ Trust
<span style="color: #FF0000">Approved!! May 24, 2012</span>

And

Form 1/ SBR/ Trust
Check Cashed: 3/21/2012

I just picked up my Gem Tech Alpine Can from November also, very looooooooooong wait!

Maybe a good sign, but it seems that a bunch of November and then December pendings got approval last week. In one example you have a single examiner issuing approvals from mid November and then early December in consecutive days. There is a flood of Dec pendings now approved on NFA tracker today.

Anyone have any Form 4 to dealer transfers lately? That seems to be a hard one to guess. Mine will be Dudash on the F4-dealer.

question about my form 4:

i live in PA. the paper work the dealer gave me says to send it GA. why wouldn't it go the chick that does PA forms?

i haven't sent it yet. i am waiting to hear back from my dealer about some questions i have about how to fill out the paper work on a trust. basically, the areas the forms ask for a name, do i put my name, or the trust name, or both? the dealer didn't know. he kept saying, "it should be fine". which is F-ing awesome by the way...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: corey4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">question about my form 4:

i live in PA. the paper work the dealer gave me says to send it GA. why wouldn't it go the chick that does PA forms?

i haven't sent it yet. i am waiting to hear back from my dealer about some questions i have about how to fill out the paper work on a trust. basically, the areas the forms ask for a name, do i put my name, or the trust name, or both? the dealer didn't know. he kept saying, "it should be fine". which is F-ing awesome by the way... </div></div>

You put the trust name if your using a trust to obtain the item. You put your name if you getting it as an individual with LEO signatures.

You send the form where instructed to do so.... on the form. Your dealer is the kind of person we don't need handling Class 3 items if his knowledge is that limited.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: corey4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">question about my form 4:

i haven't sent it yet. i am waiting to hear back from my dealer about some questions i have about how to fill out the paper work on a trust. basically, the areas the forms ask for a name, do i put my name, or the trust name, or both? the dealer didn't know. he kept saying, "it should be fine". which is F-ing awesome by the way... </div></div>

All the Form 4's go to Atlanta first then they go to WV where the examiners get them. That's where they cash the checks.

As far as the Trust - on your Form 4, Block 2a should be the Trust's legal name and address. On the back, Block 15, the first blank is the Trust's name. The signature line - I sign my name and print how I'm affiliated with the legal entity (I use a Corp) for a trust it should be Grantor. You'll also need to fill out a 5330.20 certification of compliance.

I'm assuming you do have a trust already drawn up?

koz

in 2a, this is the format i put my info, obviously, i kept out the details

trust name
corey xxxxx
123 my street
pittsburgh, pa 15238

on 15, i put the trust name and firearms collection. i signed my name, but i put settlor as well?

with the certificate of compliance, in line 1, do i fill out my name and the trust name in the block the titles "name of corporation, partnership, or association"? and do i do one for my wife as well, since she is a trustee? or just one or the other?

and yes, i have the trust already drawn up and notarized.

Block 15 - I do put how I'm affiliated. If you're the Settlor on the Trust, I'd put it.

Compliance - Block 1, your Trust's name; Block 2 your name. You don't need to fill one out for your wife ; Block 3 - USA; Block 7 - Sign and date.

Following this, I've be approved from Snook, Feltner, Lamberger, Pickles, and a couple others who are now retired.

Woohoo!!!

Tirant .45
TBAC 30p-1

Submitted; 11/15/11
Pending: 11/8/11
Approved: 5/24/12

Just spoke with NFA branch.

Give or take about 4 months.The wait is definetly worth it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Give or take about 4 months.The wait is definetly worth it. </div></div>

4 months? People will be jumping for joy if they get back to 4 months. You're lucky if it's less than 7 months (6 months from pending). Form 3's are taking nearly two months....

i am getting into the mind set of 9-12 months, just so i don't get antsy.. if it is 9, then they will be here for my birthday!!!

koz, thanks for the info and advice. you saved my ass. i scanned my form 4 and my certification of compliance to my lawyer, and he said they were filled out wrong. i implied what your advice was, and you were correct. i had a funny feeling they were not right when i was filling them out. i guess what tipped me off is when the dealer said, "it should be fine". i looked at him and said, "fine??? this is a long 9 months for it to be 'fine'". again, thanks man!!!

What are the current turn times(form 4's) now with the 12 contractors on the payroll? I'm assuming 6 months but hopefully that picks up...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the current turn times(form 4's) now with the 12 contractors on the payroll? I'm assuming 6 months but hopefully that picks up... </div></div>

Read the past posts and average the times.....

They don't have 12 examiners, one retired about 8 months ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the current turn times(form 4's) now with the 12 contractors on the payroll? I'm assuming 6 months but hopefully that picks up... </div></div>

With the current examiners + contractors it should fingers crossed, shorten.
Go to nfa tracker to see what current times are.