• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Form 4 wait time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6-8 months......

ask me how I know......

send it in and forget what you have even done. </div></div>

I try too.... But each time I look down my rifle (all outfitted with TBAC 30-BA brakes) I see a beautiful reminder.

NFA Item: Shark JAWS .338
Trust
Forms sent:
Check cashed: 4/10/12
Pending: 5/9/12
Approved:
Received: 10/1/12
Examiner: Siviero?

I have three pending, let's see if I get them by the end of the year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Problem with Atlanta is that they go on break every other 15 minutes for 30 minutes, their weaves get caught up in their computer keyboards (they have to call IT), and their 4 inch long fingernails don't allow them to type very fast.</div></div>

LMFAO!

Mailing out form4 and trust paperwork today. Will it get me my can by mating season? Coyote mating season that is. If i was talking mating time with the wife i would have all the time in the world!

I feel really sorry for whoever has that phone number since its the wrong area code. Should be 304-616-4500. That guy is going to be pissed. PG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jumper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Called NFA branch today (ph#301-616-4500) to check status of my transfer:

Form mailed 1/17/2012
Went pending on Feb 7th, 2012

Should be done some time in August. That will be a 7-8 month wait.

</div></div>

Silencerco 22 sparrow
Trust
Purchased in stock 05-18-12
Pending 07-06-12
Atf est jacuary

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I feel really sorry for whoever has that phone number since its the wrong area code. Should be 304-616-4500. That guy is going to be pissed. PG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jumper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Called NFA branch today (ph#301-616-4500) to check status of my transfer:

Form mailed 1/17/2012
Went pending on Feb 7th, 2012

Should be done some time in August. That will be a 7-8 month wait.

</div></div> </div></div>

Opps! Thanks for pointing out my mistake. I edited my original post to correct it.

If you had googled the phone number it said ATF with a link to this thread. I called it even though in my head it sounded wrong. I bet that guy will be happy you changed it. Funny unless your the owner of the number getting 900 calls a day yikes. PG

Sent mine the last week in January, check cashed feb 2 and I got an email today from short action that it's ready to pick up

OHIO - Silencer
form 4 sent in 1/17
pending 2/7
finger print cards recived for a correction, mailed back out same day.. 7/3
can approved on the 7/19
stamp recived 7/26

[ with hands over ears ]

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

I don't see this. I'm not thinking about any of this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reeljob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who was your examiner? Mine went pending Feb.6 I hope mine clears soon!
</div></div>

Should be Dudash - Ohio. I'll double check when I have the form and can in hand tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Enough Said</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ with hands over ears ]

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

I don't see this. I'm not thinking about any of this. </div></div>

I hear that...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6-8 months......

ask me how I know......

send it in and forget what you have even done.</div></div>

I certainly don't recommend this approach. I did exactly that and after 7 months finally got the urge to call and it wasn't even in the system. A follow up with my dealer didn't reveal anything until I called again in a couple of weeks only to find that the pricks had never sent the paperwork in and never followed up on it. They have 'supposedly' resent the forms but after a couple of weeks I'm still not seeing that the check has cashed. I'm certain after this I will never purchase anything that requires a form 4 again and certainly won't be spending any more money at this dealer.

Right at five month wait for this one.

AAC 762-SD
Form 4 on Trust
Delivered 1/24/12
Pending 2/15/12
Approved 7/17/12
Received 7/23/12
Examiner Sara Jones

Shortest wait in a while:

SBR on Form 1, pending March 6th, approved July 19th

Suppressor on Form 4, pending March 6th, approved July 17th

Just under 4.5 months. I was ecstatic. Didn't think I would see these until early Fall.

My Huntertown Guardian 22 can (pending 2 March) was approved this morning (24 July) by Dudash...woot!!!

It looks like things with Sara Jones are picking up alot, there's one in NFA tracker from TX that went pending in early March and was approved in July, plus those above. Yay! Mine may be here in time for deer season.

What's up with our Michigan examiner? Is no one from Michigan reporting data to the NFA tracker? There is nothing listed as papproved in Michigan for months.

I know I have seen posts from people who have recently recv'd thier stamp but the NFA spreadsheet is depressing when sorting by state.

Who knows with MI. I took my form 4 almost 7 weeks to go pending after I sent it in the first week of Feb.
mad.gif

1. NFA Item: Suppressor Silencerco Sparrow22
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Form Sent: 4/3/12
5. Form Arrived: 4/5/12
6. Check Cashed: 4/6/12
7. Pending Date: 5/3/12
8. Approved Date:
9. Forms Received:
10. Examiner Name:

ATF NFA stated it should clear NOV/DEC time frame

nothing new until 6/19/12 and it went to problem pending status.
Paperwork sent back and approved on 07/17/12, stamp received on 07/23/12, picked up the Shark on 07/24/12.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yfzjen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check cashed on 1/10/12
1/23/12 it went pending.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yfzjen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The wait now begins for me. Dealer signed on 12/31/11, fingerprints and photos on 1/2/12, Chief of police signature on 1/3/12, and dropped in the mail for its journey 1/4/12. Dealer states roughly 4-5 months is the wait he's been seeing. So i'm hoping to have before the scorching Texas summer heat kicks in.</div></div> </div></div>

Huntertown Arms Guardian 22LR Suppressor
Forms sent Feb 1
Pending Feb 28
Approved ?
Forms Received 7/23
Picking it up tomorrow! My first Class III item!

AAC SCAR-H-SD
Form 4 stamp
Sent on 11-18-2011
ATF Received on 11-20-2011
MO cashed 11-22-2011
Pending on 12-02-2011
Approved on 6-23-2012
By Swiero
Took possession on 7-1-2012

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ringer706</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who knows with MI. I took my form 4 almost 7 weeks to go pending after I sent it in the first week of Feb.
mad.gif
</div></div>

Same result on 2 of mine in same time period. (6wks to pend) TEXAS , TRUST

=> YHM 30 CAL
PURCHASED 03/12/12
PAPERWORK/ DEALER GLITCH 06/12/12
PENDING 07/06/12

=> 22SPARROW
PURCHASED 05/16/12
PENDING 07/06/12

So about a full year wait, and both cans pending the same day is suspicious of either weird coincidence or an up coming cluster fuck.
Fwiw I called BATFE, and they estimated late January

NFA Item: SAS 308 Suppressor
Form Type: Form 4
Transfer Type: Indiv
Forms Sent: End of Jan
Check Cashed: 2/7/2012
Pending Date: 2/17/2012
Approved: 7/19/2012
Stamp at Dealer: 7/24/2012

Stoked!

Got Mine yesterday - 7.62 SAS TI - Abrbiter
Form 4 mailed 1/17/2012
Went pending in February
Approved 7/20/2012
Picked up 7/24/2012
Examiner Sharon(?) D. Cook

I just got an email today from the dealer that it FINALLY came back. I paid for it and sent it in around the beginning of January. I'll go pick up my SDN-6 this weekend and try it out and get back to 'ya!

On another note, I'll be filling out the forms for the integral Mk3 my wife (and I!) want in hopes of getting it by next January.

That wait is just ridiculous. Just like the military, just like the VA (well, VA works in terms of years or even decades). Just imagine what would happen if they were, uh, NOT efficient!

edit:

So Mrs. Snook was the official, and it took almost six months to the day for it to come back.

The SDN-6 shoots nice, real nice on the .300BLK with subs. The main reason I got it. It sure reduces the blast on the M4, it has that Brakeout which is kind of loud without the suppressor, to the point you just get the sonic crack for the most part. For the size, it works amazingly well. The baffle stack is only like 3".

Downside? You have to lap the mounts individually to fit the suppressor, unless you luck out and get one that fits right away. I have four, and two are almost there, one is a good ways from latching, and one locks on normal with virtually no discernable movement.

I've since fixed one, the tack driving 6.5G, and it locks up super tight, which is a relief. My next ones will be an integral Mk3 and thread on for a Barrett MRAD most likely. Seems this SDN-6 works really well for everything smaller --provided it fits the mounts.

If you are reading this and thinking about an SDN-6, wait and get the SR5 or 7 or whatever they call it and go with the 90t mounts instead. 3rd times usually the charm.

Papers sent 1/13/12. Ck cashed 1/19/12. Stamp back 7/11. Picked up 712/12. Spectre. Waiting on the 338 surefire. Papers sent on 2/19/12. Should be in August

Just got word mine is now approved and waiting for me to pick up.

I sent the papers in the first week of January. Check was cashed two weeks later. And 7 months later, its Approved!!!! I am stoked......I am going to pick it up on monday.

NFA Item: AAC can
Transfer Type: Indiv
Forms Sent: Beginning February
Check Cashed: ?
Pending Date: 2/28/2012
Approved: 7/25/2012
Stamp at Dealer: 7/30/2012

NFA Item: YHM 7.62 Stainless
Transfer Type: Trust
Forms Sent: 07/06/2012
Check Cashed: 07/11/2012
Pending Date: 07/19/2012
Approved: ???
Stamp at Dealer: ???

I just got home from the dentist. Why is it that the six months between dentists visits goes by so fast and the same six months waiting on a suppressor goes so slow?

Item: AAC 7.62 SD
Forms sent: 2/3/12
Check Cashed:2/14/12
Pending: 3/8/12
Problem with form (sent back to dealer):7/6/12
Received back: 7/15/12
Pending: 7/17/12
Approved: 7/27/12

So from pending status, less than 5 months. but it took a month to become pending. Oh well, who cares? I'm getting my can....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ddd oo7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got home from the dentist. Why is it that the six months between dentists visits goes by so fast and the same six months waiting on a suppressor goes so slow? </div></div>

very, very true. i have another one...i don't know which wait is worse...8-10 weeks with no nookie with the wife after getting snipped, or the 6 months for the cans...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got word mine is now approved and waiting for me to pick up.

I sent the papers in the first week of January. Check was cashed two weeks later. And 7 months later, its Approved!!!! I am stoked......I am going to pick it up on monday. </div></div>

7 months?! Crap... my dealer finally got mine in today after waiting 6 months between the transfer from Surefire to M3 to finally him. So I'm looking at next February if WA is taking 7 months...

NFA Item: TBAC 338p-1
Transfer Type: Indv
Forms Sent: 03/07/12
Check Cashed: ??
Pending Date: 03/15/12
Approved: 07/28/12
Stamp at Dealer: 08/01/12

ONLY 4.5 months from pending to approved, things are speeding up!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timesublime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NFA Item: TBAC 338p-1

ONLY 4.5 months from pending to approved, things are speeding up!</div></div>

This kind of info is making me look deeper in my pocket book! Keep it up ATF...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timesublime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NFA Item: TBAC 338p-1

ONLY 4.5 months from pending to approved, things are speeding up!</div></div>

THAT is freaking awesome. I had a can go pending april 3d. NFAtracker.com "says" I should have my can by EOM August. Who was your examiner?

i got my trust rejection letter after 6 months. after fixing it i am hoping to see the stamp any day now

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mlw332</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i got my trust rejection letter after 6 months. after fixing it i am hoping to see the stamp any day now</div></div>

what did they say was wrong with your trust?