• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

That's nuts! Pickles just approved my two stamps in 5.5 months.. I guess I just got really lucky. Had one go pending in November and one in January. Had them in hand in May and June.

Same here, from cashed check to stamp in hand... 6.5months, would of been six, but Pickles forgot to slap
The stamp on form. Two weeks added. All Done in March 2013

Form 4 Individual TBAC 30BA
Sent:04/15/13
Check cashed:04/15/2013
Pending:06/24/2013
Approval:............

I called today and they said it should be ready by March that's 1 month shy from a whole year wait! :(

Update.... Well not really but I did call and spoke with a different guy than last month and he also quoted March. Where is the express line when you needS one =(

My examiner is Mr. Bowers

I may start ordering some more cans for guns I don't have yet and just charge the credit card. That way I don't have to wait long by the time I decide which gun to get of that caliber.

Last edited:
called today on one they told me went pending on March 14th and today they tell me it went pending on Feb 28th. check was cashed on 1/28 so that sounds more like it. They also said it would be approved any day now. :) I can only hope they are right.

Well, they have something screwy going on there now. When I called on my form 1, I was told it went pending in Feb, then pending again in June for the same form. Not sure why there is 2 pending dates? The lady told me 90 days after the 2nd pending date,,,

Given the roughly 5 months between the two pending dates I'm guessing the second one was supposed to be the "sent to examiner" date. Which would line up with my 90 day quote I got from a 8/9 date it went to the examiner. For most posts I've read on here its more of a 30-60 day window. I'm hoping for mine around the end of september.

Well, they have something screwy going on there now. When I called on my form 1, I was told it went pending in Feb, then pending again in June for the same form. Not sure why there is 2 pending dates? The lady told me 90 days after the 2nd pending date,,,

NFA Item: Form 4
Forms Sent: 12-1-12
Check cashed: 12-10-12
Pending: ??
Approved:8-6-13
Received:8-12-13
Sara Jones

1. NFA Item: RSTA 7.62 Suppressor
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transfer Type: Trust
4. Form Sent: 02-15-13
5. Check Cashed: ?
6. Pending: 04-09-2013
7. Approved:
8. Form Received:
9. Examiner: Snook

1. NFA Item: SDII 5.56 Suppressor

3. Transfer Type: Trust
4. Form Sent: 02-15-13
5. Check Cashed: ?
6. Pending: 04-09-2013
7. Approved:
8. Form Received:
9. Examiner: Snook

Date from NFATracker.com:

Based on the last 6 months of data in NFATracker 2.11% of people have received their stamp by now.

Based on the last 6 months of data in NFATracker 0.00% of people with your examiner have received their stamp by now.

Looks like a roughly 70% chance of getting by the end of Sept and 100% by end of Oct, if you believe in statistical analysis that is....

Last edited:
I just called today, it went pending 2-27 and I was told 60-90 days before I see the stamp. 90 days would put me at 11 months from the day I mailed the forms...sigh

Mary at NFA told me 11 months to complete a transfer on the phone today. This is getting ugly.

Last edited:
Just got my ThunderBeast and it took exactly 8 months 1 week! Also sent in an SBR at the same time and it came back at 6 months 3 weeks but needed a correction. Resubmitted it and it took an additional 5 weeks to come back. Times seem to be getting longer. When picking up the ThunderBeast last night my dealer told me he is getting corrections back but nothing is wrong. Seems they have some new people who don't know what is going on. Ugh why can't this be electronic and an instant check like everything else.

Form 4 individual

Payment cashed 12/29/12

Pending 1/17/13

Called about 2 weeks ago just to check status cause I seen others getting approvals within the same timeframe of mine. Talked to Mary, she said it went out for approval on 5/31/13, and would be 60 to 90 from then. So I was already past 60 by then.

Approved 8/8/13

Dealer notified me and picked up 8/14/13, in my grubby hands finally.

Mailed March, pending June, and NFA said should be approved in ...MARCH, as Of this morning.

Estimating nine months. Hope that is a high estimate.

ATF: Calls to make appointment for compliance check for FFL and SOT
Reply: Well I am booked out for the next 11 months so I will write you in for Sept 18, 2014. Call back in six months to get update as I might have to push you further back, I am pretty busy. I am sure you understand. :)

Last edited:
.22 SS Sparrow
Form 4 on a Trust
Dealer sent Form 4 late November 2012
Check cashed January 3, 2013 (thought it was cashed in December)
June was sent back to dealer for missing signature
Call from dealer August 13, 2013 stamp in

AAC sdn-6
Mailed form 4: 8/16/13
Check cashed: 8/30/13
Approved:
In hand:

Gemtech alpine
Mailed form 4: 8/16/13
Check cashed:8/30/13
Approved:
In hand:

Time to forget I ever did this. gonna be a long wait

Last edited:
ATF: Calls to make appointment for compliance check for FFL and SOT
Reply: Well I am booked out for the next 11 months so I will write you in for Sept 18, 2014. Call back in six months to get update as I might have to push you further back, I am pretty busy. I am sure you understand. :)

Good for you...how did that go over with them?

They can just show up unannounced I think. I wonder if you can tell them to piss off, you're busy if they don't have a search warrant?

Probably not the most politic thing to do, but just desserts for sure.

Depressing:

Purchased THOR Ti and Octane 9mm in January 2013
Transfer -> end of March 2013
F4s & $$ sent April 8th 2013
Pending June 18th 2013
Expected Clear date: March 18, 2014

Depressing:

Purchased THOR Ti and Octane 9mm in January 2013
Transfer -> end of March 2013
F4s & $$ sent April 8th 2013
Pending June 18th 2013
Expected Clear date: March 18, 2014

I'm right there with you on my TBAC. Sent forms and MO same day as you, but went pending June 15th.

Fortunately it looks like BATF has started approving Form 1 & 4's that went pending in February. My SBR and Sparrow went pending the 14th so I'm cautiosly estimating approval around September 6th (11 business days) based off of business days in Feb'13 between the 1st and 14th. These next 3 weeks are going to SUCK!! :(

Called today and spoke to Mary. Checked on one I sent in 1/21/13 and went First Pending on 2/28. Yes I said first Pending. I'm told thy have a new process where there is a second Pending as they are calling it after they verify everything is in order. Then it is sent to the examiner and can be between 60 and 90 days after it goes Second Pending. I was told mine went Second Pending on 6/21. So it is over 60 days now. Should be no more than 30 days if they go the full 90 days.

Purchased 12/20/2012
Mailed 1/7/2013
Check Cashed 1/14/2013
Pending Final Approval: 6/25/2013 (This is a new thing i was told. There is a submitted for approval date and then pending final approval date)
Approved: 8/21/2013 - FINALLY!!!

Should have my stamp mid-end of next week.

I live in TX and my Examiner is Jason Bowers.

I spoke with the lady that answers the phone and she is pointless. She is telling everyone 90 days from pending final approval. She told me last week that it would be in late Sept for me, but it was approved today.

I called a few months ago to make sure it went pending and it was. Check cleared in March, Pending first week of May with an expected approval date of early November.

I just called today and was BLOWN AWAY. He just told me that the new expected approval date is FEBRUARY????? How can forms that are already in pending keep getting pusher further back??

1. NFA Item: Vz58 SBR
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Forms Sent: 02JAN2013
5. Check Cashed: 15JAN2013
6. 1st Pending Date:14FEB2013
7. 2nd Pending Date:10JUN2013
8. Approved Date: ?
9. Forms Received: ?
10. Examiner: ? /Missouri

1. NFA Item: 30P-1
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Forms Sent: 28JAN2013
5. Check Cashed: 01FEB2013
6. 1st Pending Date:08MAR2013
7. 2nd Pending Date:15JUL2013
8. Approved Date: ?
9. Forms Received: ?
10. Examiner: ? /Missouri

The person on the phone at the NFA branch said the same thing that has been posted on this thread; that it can be up to around 90 days or more after the 2nd pending date until approval. I have a saker I didn't list the status on because it hasn't even got to the 2nd pending stage. Kind of sucks because I was wanting to have my saker by the end of the year. I guess not huh.

Last edited:
TBAC Suppressor
Form 4 (trust) mailed 1/2/13
Check cashed 1/9/13
Pending 1/29/13
Approved 8/11/13 (A Sunday - go figure)
Stamp received by dealer 8/19/13 and picked up 8/22/13

Mailed to approved 221 days
Check cashed to approved 215 days
Mailed to stamp received by dealer 229 days or 7.6 months

Examiner: Ted Clutter

Last edited:
I called a few months ago to make sure it went pending and it was. Check cleared in March, Pending first week of May with an expected approval date of early November.

I just called today and was BLOWN AWAY. He just told me that the new expected approval date is FEBRUARY????? How can forms that are already in pending keep getting pusher further back??

Depending on when your check cleared in March, I would not be surprised if your stamp is not approved until January at the earliest. Forms sent in from late December and early January are just starting to get approval. The wait is only going to increase because the NFA market was flooded during late December - April. You're right in the thick of a huge increase in forms sent in. The ATF has been showing two forms of "pending."

TBAC Suppressor
Form 4 (trust) mailed 8/15/2013
Check cashed 8/21/2013
Pending?
Approved?
Stamp received by dealer?

Silencerco Saker
Form 4 (trust)
Mailed 8/16/13
Check cashed 8/23/13
Pending
Approved
Stamp Received

2 x SBR
Form 1 (trust)
Mailed 9/4/13
Check cashed 9/10/13
Pending
Approved
Stamp Received

CGW 'X' .458 Socom Suppressor
Form 4 (trust)
Mailed 9/17/13
Check cashed 9/24/13
Pending
Approved
Stamp Received

SWR Spectre II
Form 4 (trust)
Mailed 9/23/13
Check cashed 10/1/13
Pending
Approved
Stamp Received

Last edited:
Surefire 7.62Mini & Osprey .45

Purchased: 12/28/2012
Tax Stamps Mailed to Dealer: 8/22/2013.

Just shy of 8 months.

Check cleared March 28th
Pending July 2nd
Was told today approval would be in April
Pissed off? Yes
Total BS? Yes
Wonder what would happen if they processed welfare checks this slow.

Depending on when your check cleared in March, I would not be surprised if your stamp is not approved until January at the earliest. Forms sent in from late December and early January are just starting to get approval. The wait is only going to increase because the NFA market was flooded during late December - April. You're right in the thick of a huge increase in forms sent in. The ATF has been showing two forms of "pending."

Amazing! I hope this is not the case. This is the window my last stamp falls under, the March cashed period. But if you think about it everyone was ordering up a strom Jan, Feb, March. It does not surprise me.

Form 4 wait time

I call on my submittal today

Pending March 26, 2013
trust

I was told it would be 9 months from pending.
So I guess it will be December and a Christmas gift to me.
No mention of a second pending was made but I didn't ask specifically about either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
Check cleared March 28th
Pending July 2nd
Was told today approval would be in April
Pissed off? Yes
Total BS? Yes
Wonder what would happen if they processed welfare checks this slow.

Wow that's wierd how did I beat you in the pending date and also they told me March

Form 4 Individual TBAC 30BA
Sent:04/15/13
Check cashed:04/15/2013
Pending:06/24/2013

Purchased and dealer snet out paper on 1/2/13.
Forms approved on 8/16 back to dealer on 8/25.
Form 4 Suppressor on Trust.

I mailed mine in February 13 and the checked cleared in February but didn't go first pending until 22 April 13. I called yesterday and was told it went second pending on 8 August and I should have it in 90 days which will put the whole process at just over 9 months which seems about right based on others experiences.

Last edited:
The secret is to have several items in purgatory over a years period of time, then you have stamps coming all the time and you don't even think about it.

Well kind of.... :)

UPDATED SECOND PENDING Call Today 8-29-13
NFA Item: One each .223,.30, .338 Templar Tactical Firearms
Trust - Form 4
Forms Sent: Feb. 8 Received Feb 11
Check cashed: Feb. 25
Pending: April 8
Second Pending: July 25
Projected Approval date: 60-90 days

Check cleared in April, but didn't go pending until June. They are telling me 11 months, so I am looking at May of next year... unless this rule change screws me... I am on a trust. I bought it in March, so 14 months... that sucks.

I called this morning; form 4 on a trust was assigned to examiner on 5/22/13; person who answered the phone stated February 2014 for completion...I just said "thanks" and hung up.

I sent 3 forms in Jan 7th, 2013 and they came back needing corrections on May 30th. I had them corrected and submitted back by June 14th.

Today I called and she said the are "still in problem status as of Aug 7th" and she had no idea what that meant. So she just said "expect them within 90 days of Aug 7th".

I think I'm dicked, if they are still in problem status I don't see them going anywhere and nothing has been send to my dealer since they were returned at the end of May.

i talked to my dealer yesterday he is telling me there's are tacking anywhere from 7-12 months last year when i sent off for my aac sdn6 it took 7 months. I am hoping they will try and fix this prob sooner or later they will be overloaded with paperwork as if they are not now but it will get way worse to the point where they will hopefully be forced to do something about it.A couple years ago the wait was at the tops 2 months and i thought that was a long time so i waited and ended up with a 7 month wait lol

i talked to my dealer yesterday he is telling me there's are tacking anywhere from 7-12 months last year when i sent off for my aac sdn6 it took 7 months. I am hoping they will try and fix this prob sooner or later they will be overloaded with paperwork as if they are not now but it will get way worse to the point where they will hopefully be forced to do something about it.A couple years ago the wait was at the tops 2 months and i thought that was a long time so i waited and ended up with a 7 month wait lol

They won't fix it and if anything, they will take longer to process the forms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I called this morning; form 4 on a trust was assigned to examiner on 5/22/13; person who answered the phone stated February 2014 for completion...I just said "thanks" and hung up.

Damn, that REALLY sucks because my form 4 went pending on the same day; son-of-a-BITCH! :(

They won't fix it and if anything, they will take longer to process the forms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I agree, they really don't give a shit if it took years for you to get it back. They get theirs the same day I'm sure. Glad I got mine when I did... but I really want to build a form 1 can lol.

The wait time is to a point I don't even want to bother and I know that is stupid because 9 months from now I'll be like... well shit, I could have had it by now lol.

Sent from my Galaxy S4