• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just stumbled on this and verified:https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/new-mailing-addresses-many-atf-registration-forms

0F318467-6F53-4A76-9FE1-61E2A7DAC35A.jpeg

ADB55AFF-2920-4147-9ADA-0FB95D2592D2.png

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Looks to me like ATF just got a better deal on their lockbox service with US Bank vs Bank of America. I would love to think it will improve something but I'm doubtful!

Pretty damn interesting that they have moved this acrossed the whole country. Makes me wonder if Oregon will be entering the info in electronically to send to Virginia. They did institute barcodes on the last app I filed and eforms for form 1s. I was hearing that form 1s were being approved in as little as 3 weeks.

Reactions: savagepc.223
Looks like they found a different bank. I know I always thought it was ironic that they used BOA because of BOA’s anti gun stance. Hopefully this change is for the better.

I doubt that the organization that's cashing the checks is going to make much difference with how fast the applications are processed. Seems like the bottle neck at the current time is a combo of data entry and FBI background check waits.

I’ve got to believe the data entry time is minuscule when compared to the background check wait/round trip to the FBI.

Even a sloth pushing paperwork would take less than a week’s worth of work time to complete data entry and get the forms to a decision maker. It is at the decision maker that the item gets ignored and put into the forgotten pile. Should never be this difficult!

Wasn’t the barcode implementation supposed to speed all this up?

I’ve got to believe the data entry time is minuscule when compared to the background check wait/round trip to the FBI.

Even a sloth pushing paperwork would take less than a week’s worth of work time to complete data entry and get the forms to a decision maker. It is at the decision maker that the item gets ignored and put into the forgotten pile. Should never be this difficult!

Wasn’t the barcode implementation supposed to speed all this up?
yea but other items like cross referencing for other apps in queue and approving them all at once would shave a lot of work. I dont think much of this process has been digitized at all .

One thing that is still bugging me is why form 1s are e-file but not form 4?? Why were they coming in as little as three weeks?? Why can you digitize and sunsquently process at lightning speed a form 1 to build a can but not to buy a can. What am I missing here?

One thing that is still bugging me is why form 1s are e-file but not form 4?? Why were they coming in as little as three weeks?? Why can you digitize and sunsquently process at lightning speed a form 1 to build a can but not to buy a can. What am I missing here?

Incentivize the registration of cans by those that can build them and discourage the purchase of cans by those who can't?

Or, maybe there is a branch point in the feed system for the applications and there just are not that many in the form 1 line...

Reactions: MarinePMI
I think we are all trying to make excuses for an incredibly inefficient process. Most of the time the stuff is just sitting in a box waiting for something to happen!

I think we are all trying to make excuses for an incredibly inefficient process. Most of the time the stuff is just sitting in a box waiting for something to happen!
I actually spoke with a supervisor (who asked to speak with me) and got some insights into what they were planning. He told me well before it happened that they were bring e-file online for form 1s with a hope of getting it down to 90 days. They exceeded that by Dec. He also to,d me they were putting on more staff and upgrading their systems so as to use barcodes and digitize with the hopes of speeding up form 4s dramatically.

Currently at +12 months with first post-41F Form 4 individual. Called back in Dec, lady said it was pending and “in FBI review”. I’ve seen some refer to this FBI review earlier in this thread, but don’t remember any some-such with several pre-41F trust stamps, none which took over 8 months.

Anything to it or just the new normal? Like when Will Ferrel asks when he gets darted in Old School, I gotta ask “Is this bad?”

Has anyone gotten or heard of anyone getting their stamp since the Gov reopened?

Nope, haven't heard of any coming in since the "re-opening" and since I'm pretty sure the next longest shutdown is about to start I think we all may just be fucked

A friend of mine just got his. His first one. Took 14 1/2 months!!! It was ridiculous! I got 2 back in about 6 months each while he was still waiting. He wasn't too happy about that, needless to say. There were no problems, never came back for a correction, just took over twice as long as mine did. None of these were on Trusts.

The only thing we can speculate on the difference is he has a higher security clearance than I do and maybe got "flagged" because of it. Or maybe it was because it was his first, where-as I've gone through this rodeo before.

Anyone else with security clearances notice that it takes longer than average?

A friend of mine just got his. His first one. Took 14 1/2 months!!! It was ridiculous! I got 2 back in about 6 months each while he was still waiting. He wasn't too happy about that, needless to say. There were no problems, never came back for a correction, just took over twice as long as mine did. None of these were on Trusts.

The only thing we can speculate on the difference is he has a higher security clearance than I do and maybe got "flagged" because of it. Or maybe it was because it was his first, where-as I've gone through this rodeo before.

Anyone else with security clearances notice that it takes longer than average?
It’s funny you ask that. All three of us on our trust have security clearances. You’d think it would cut time off of the process but I’m at 10 months since check cashed and nothing. Pretty sure it’s going to be awhile more. Interested to see what others say about the security clearance deal.

I have had some pretty quick ones go through with a security clearance and this current one is taking a considerable amount of time longer. I don't know that the security clearance would really take any additional time. I suppose that not all security clearances are created equal either.

No security clearance. 1st took 14 months w/ a correction AFTER is was approved and received. Caliber correction that I caught when picking it up the 1st time. 2nd one took 16 months with no corrections or errors that I'm aware of. I'm just over 12 months on my third and have not heard anything since I did the paperwork with my FFL. I speculate in my own head but honestly have zero clues as to why mine have taken so long. I was hoping the first two were just my shitty luck. But this third one has proved there might be more to it than that. What 'that' is, I don't have a clue.

No security clearance. 1st took 14 months w/ a correction AFTER is was approved and received. Caliber correction that I caught when picking it up the 1st time. 2nd one took 16 months with no corrections or errors that I'm aware of. I'm just over 12 months on my third and have not heard anything since I did the paperwork with my FFL. I speculate in my own head but honestly have zero clues as to why mine have taken so long. I was hoping the first two were just my shitty luck. But this third one has proved there might be more to it than that. What 'that' is, I don't have a clue.

Do you think that having "El Chapo" under your username might have something to do with it?

I asked the LGS where we both bought our suppressors from and the owner knew of two others who were over a year wait time. One of them he was able to confirm had a security clearance. It's just an interesting observation.

Do you think that having "El Chapo" under your username might have something to do with it?

If their decisions are based on my internet username memes, then we're more fucked than I ever thought possible. I would assume they have access to much more telling details about my criminal history. Or lack of it. And I wish I was as interesting as to assume otherwise.

18 months, ho-lee-fook! Do you know if any of these long waits were subject to the "FBI background check", whatever that is...

I am new to this, first suppressor on order. Just called today and they said pending. What exactly does that mean? Is it getting close? Mine was sent the beginning of July. Hoping it will be soon!

I am new to this, first suppressor on order. Just called today and they said pending. What exactly does that mean? Is it getting close? Mine was sent the beginning of July. Hoping it will be soon!

Pending simply = application/payment received/entered. Forget about it for at least 6 months, likely more.

"pending" is just fancy speak for... your in the mix now (query)

Snagged the last Thunderbeast 22L-1 on my dealers shelf today. Paperwork gets sent tomorrow, then the long wait begins...?

I decided to build one and did an eForm 1 Trust on 12/20/2018 got approved 1/8/2019, now its just engrave the tube machine the baffles and put it together. Then again I have been in the black hole for 8 months on a purchase from Silencer Shop. Well that didn't work out well now the parts supplier is telling me 60-90 days complete the parts FUCK! you can't win either way. fuck fuck ,fuck!

Last edited:
The time may have come for all of us currently at 8+ months of waiting :sleep: to respectfully start inquiring of our congressional representatives as to why our federal government is incapable of processing a simple application in a more timely fashion? :eek: Perhaps getting letters directly from their constituents requesting intervention and assistance may get them somewhat involved in effecting some kind of redress. :)

Then again, maybe not! :unsure: It is very frustrating! :oops:

Especially considering that the NFA is the only actual money making business the government runs. (Not talking income taxes and such as everyone pays those.) Its bullshit that those of us that choose to get butt fucked for $200 just to exercise our rights, are then bent over again with a year wait on said items. I dont buy it that they're that backed up. It can literally be done in a matter of minutes. I think they drag it out on purpose for gos knows what reason

I think it's time for states to follow their own rules. If California, Massachusetts, Colorado can openly sell Marijuana then other states should be able to enact their own NFA rules.
I think Kansas? is ignoring NFA rules which landed one veteran in jail. If we follow the model of tax and submit application but include that transfer will not be delayed for approval there could be a great middle ground for instant gratification and the government to make revenue.

I am going on 8 months if it was my first it would really suck but at least I can shoot with mine while waiting on the fucktards to do there job

i popped my NFA cherry this saturday for a TBAC takedown 22. i figured i'm turning 40 NEXT february and it will make a nice 40th gift. i'd love to know the REAL number of form 4's that are stuck in jail and why the hell it really take so long. there is NO WAY its take 12+ months for this and it can't be that they are THAT overwhelmed.

How many Form 4 applications do you think BATFE has right now? 2.5 million? More?!