• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

they would save themselves and us a whole lot of time if they would do that. In this day and age of computers it shouldnt be too hard to attach each form 4 to the person's SSN so when the agent gets to a certain form 4 to approve it, they could pull all pending form 4's for that SSN.... But that would make too much sense.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
I have had them pull cans forward before when I had bought several within 3-4 months of each other. That's why I was a little surprised when this one came back approved without the other can's paperwork.

If we were to talk about inefficiencies within the NFA branch of the ATF we would be here for a while, but I would have to start with having to send in two sets of fingerprints and two photos for each can even if you order six of them on the same day. Makes no sense and is ridiculous. It is definitely set up to be a deterrent to ownership; that's for sure.

5/21/18 check cashed single shot trust
Nothing yet

I am with you .. a deadair wolverine can and my rifle dynamics AK M92 SBR ... and here i was thinking maybe i get it for xmas, lucky to be tax day

I’ve been thinking about why they don’t combine suppressor paperwork when they get a new application. I think when I file for the 338 Ultra SR I’m going to put a cover letter with all my previous applications check cashing date, FFL (same for all) and the serial numbers of them all. Maybe with enough bread crumbs they will figure it out. I can’t imagine the people (the actual drones, not management) want to actually do more work.

Reactions: whoreable
Kind of a post shut down progression update.
Purchased Sandman S through Silencer Shop on Jan 2nd, check cashed today on Feb, 15th.

Sandman Ti with check cashed 7/23/18 with no update. Hopefully another couple months at the most.

Reactions: skierhs
maybe they only do one approval per state of purchase, then bounce around until all have gotten one stamp a day until rinse repeat

Passed a year last week. I have no hope. Try not to think about it.

All the proposals in the last two pages for making ATF more efficient have been made, and blocked by NRA, et al. ATF generally, and NFA branch especially, haven't grown staff in decades (contractors reported here and there are an end run, pending annual budgets), and are barred from doing almost anything on computer lookup due to the fears of A Registry.

This is indeed pretty much the same lookup system as when you fly internationally, get a certification as a hazardous waste hauler, etc. etc. The worst of these sorts of "background checks" come back in a few days and the paperwork mailed out because some state required the DOT bit of paper takes maybe a week or two to arrive.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Does anyone know what the longest wait has been in recent history? Let's say in the last year?

The longest I know of recently was a year and a half.
That is so screwed up. I wonder if anyone could ever do a FOIA request to find out how and why it took so long to approve at transfer of a class III device.

When you think about it, the purchaser has a right to know.

Does anyone know what the longest wait has been in recent history? Let's say in the last year?

Just have one cashed 12/3/2017 coming back, two person trust, both green card, stuck in "pending fbi background check" forever.

Does anyone know what the longest wait has been in recent history? Let's say in the last year?[/QUOTE
I think I hold that record. Pending sept 4, 17. Nine stamps on the 2 person trust. Left a few messages with the examiner to find out WTF with no reply.

As a test, my friend and I both submitted Form 4 individuals on July 17th, for the identical items, same seller. His paperwork was traditional method, mine was the new supersonic bar code bearing almost instantaneous pretty much guaranteed overnight sensation. Besides taking our money, thats all that has happened so far...

As a test, my friend and I both submitted Form 4 individuals on July 17th, for the identical items, same seller. His paperwork was traditional method, mine was the new supersonic bar code bearing almost instantaneous pretty much guaranteed overnight sensation. Besides taking our money, thats all that has happened so far...
That bar code system isn't even implement yet... for now just window dressing !

Reactions: Darkside-Six
What does the barcode forms do for you? I took in my prefilled forms and the dealer redid them with barcodes. At least I got to look at the pretty boxes my 2 were in before they disappeared into his back room. Checks not cashed in almost 4 months.

Called today to check for S&G’s
Check cashed 5/28/18
Still pending. Shocker.

Green card? I'm not sure I understand.
Not the OP of this, but permanent resident aliens (given a "green card" to prove their status) can be members of corporations (or trusts) and otherwise are permitted to own firearms if no other exceptions.

My corporation has an officer a greencard holder, and we've not previously had issues getting NFA paperwork done with them included.

Even SilencerShop considers it an edge case so it's not addressed in their basic instructions, but had no problem telling us how to do the paperwork for the suppressor that's on the long hold.

... I'm having trouble waiting now. I was approved the 15th and freaking snail mail to get paperwork moved

The wait is over for me it is about time.
Sent 5-3-18
Check cashed 5-12-18
Approved ?
Stamp 2-19-19
I got the call today!
Cashed 5/21/18
Approved- no clue
Stamp to dealer 2/19/19
Weird... got notifications when the check was cashed and when the form 3 was disposed to the dealer. But nothing as far as when it was approved. Done through Silencer Shop single shot trust

I got the call today!
Cashed 5/21/18
Approved- no clue
Stamp to dealer 2/19/19
Weird... got notifications when the check was cashed and when the form 3 was disposed to the dealer. But nothing as far as when it was approved. Done through Silencer Shop single shot trust

Be nice if this thread could go back to "just the facts ma'am" like this.

Form 4 individual
Purchase 3/31
Cashed 5/8
As of last Wednesday it was still pending. It seems like I should be in the window now. Purchase date seems irrelevant.

This is normal. Silencer Shop does not know when your form 4 is approved. As far as they are concerned their job is done once the Form 3 goes through and it's disposed to your dealer.

Green card? I'm not sure I understand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawful_permanent_residents_(United_States)

Green card, or permanent resident status, is between temporary visa (student, worker) and citizenship. With green card one always gets a delay with 4473 because FBI have to follow up with immigration to make sure the status is still valid (green card can be revoked). Which causes delay especially with NFA, because FBI does not need to clear the delay for NFA checks like they do with regular 4473 (which usually just takes a few days) - NFA delays goes to the back of the queue as I'm told by ATF.

Reactions: shoobe01
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawful_permanent_residents_(United_States)

Green card, or permanent resident status, is between temporary visa (student, worker) and citizenship. With green card one always gets a delay with 4473 because FBI have to follow up with immigration to make sure the status is still valid (green card can be revoked). Which causes delay especially with NFA, because FBI does not need to clear the delay for NFA checks like they do with regular 4473 (which usually just takes a few days) - NFA delays goes to the back of the queue as I'm told by ATF.

That means I am out from buying a suppressor ever again (i already have 5). I got my CCDW because I ALWAYS get delayed due to a juvenile conviction nearly 20 years ago.

Anyone tried calling the NFA Branch? Called yesterday and today and seems that they aren't answering phones now. Been sent voicemail yesterday and today?

Anyone tried calling the NFA Branch? Called yesterday and today and seems that they aren't answering phones now. Been sent voicemail yesterday and today?

Yes, just called and got through in about 10-minutes. 5/5 pending - 292 days.

A buddy had issues with them not picking up yesterday but he got through today.

His person said estimated current wait times are 9 months, hopefully they hold there or go down.

my Eform 1-individual for my SBR went through in 17 days.

submitted my form1 on Feb 7
got my approval today Feb 24

Reactions: gunman_7