• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TBAC ULTRA 9 30cal
Check cashed 1/9/19
Approved 10/21/19

This is the first time in the past 3 yrs that I haven't had at least 1 can in the pipeline pending. Feels weird

Reactions: 300 grainpill
I picked up my first suppressor after waiting less than 3 months; ordered July 29 and got the call to pick up on October 21.
Just wish I would’ve bought the three I plan on buying all at the same time; doubt this time frame will ever be possible again.

Form 4 individual. Check cashed 7-5-19, approved 9-14-19, picked up yesterday because apparently my dealer tried to contact me once and didn't leave a voicemail or try to send an email. No idea how long they actually had the stamp. I only knew it was approved because i called the ATF.

I have another form 4 individual that was purchased 6 months before this one that is still pending. Go figure...

Both purchased through silencer shop fwiw.

Stupid ass trust. Coming up on a year and still pending.
124901BE-925A-4C2D-9447-9D2E31725178.png

Attachments

• 178D151A-2143-436B-B843-4063E2B0B5B3.png
    178D151A-2143-436B-B843-4063E2B0B5B3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
I purchased four cans on the same day on 6/20/19. Check cashed on all four on 7/8/19.

As per my previous posting, two of those cans were approved on 10/4/19 - 88 days later.

I got the call on Sunday that the other two were ready for pickup.

They were approved, by the same examiner, on 10/10/19 - 94 days later.

All four were Form 4 individual purchases.

Called this morning to check, hoping mine would be one of the short ones from this summer. No luck.

ATF received 6/26
Still pending 10/30

F4 individual, BTW.

The only thing I could get out of them was that it's a 10 month average wait time. Hopefully have it in time for spring shooting.

NFA tracker gives us a pretty good idea of average wait times spread out over the entire country.

However, I'd like to see something that shows us the average wait times per state and/or regional ATF office.

Finally made my first suppressor purchase yesterday, a Sandman-S and a Mask for the 22 pistol and rifles my daughter likes to shoot. Did Individuals on both. Pretty seamless through SilencerShop. The wait begins, hoping the <4 month trend continues for current purchases but not expecting to pick them up before summer...

Reactions: 4350muncher
Getting pretty tempting with those wait times, now we just need another great sale like they did a couple years ago.

Getting pretty tempting with those wait times, now we just need another great sale like they did a couple years ago.

If you're thinking about buying a suppressor because of the wait times, you're just playing the lottery. It's random chance whether you'll get approved in two months or twelve. Also, a big sale ain't gonna help wait times any. If you want one get one, wait for the call, and forget about it. You'll be happy you did.

If you're thinking about buying a suppressor because of the wait times, you're just playing the lottery. It's random chance whether you'll get approved in two months or twelve. Also, a big sale ain't gonna help wait times any. If you want one get one, wait for the call, and forget about it. You'll be happy you did.

I got tired of waiting for the HPA to pass.

And anyone that’s waiting for the HPA to pass, again, is building in another 2-3 year wait time anyway. Pro gun congress critters got to get elected and legislation has to be introduced...

If you want one and have the money then buy it.

I talked with someone recently, who said it took him 15 years to convince his wife to let him buy a suppressor. What a bitch!

Called today. Approved finally.

Thunderbeast 22td

Form 4 trust with 2rp
Cashed sep 19 2018 (atf said sep 21)
Approved Nov 1st 2019
406 or 408 days from cash to approval.

Last edited:
Finally! Last call to check status on 10/23 was still pending. Just called 2min ago and finally approved

Form 4 Trust with 1 RP
Approved 11/01/19
Check Cashed 12/05/18
Congratulations, but a load of crap my CC 12/3/18 F4 trust 1RP. Still nothing.

Reactions: LeftyJason
So by
Brother-in-law and I both bought suppressors on 02/15/19 and paperwork was mailed same day. His was individual and mine was trust with 2 RPs.

Lets see who wins. Although none of us are really winning with this process.

So update....
brother in laws stamp is in today for pickup.

im still staring at my KAC wanting to play with it.

i bought my first one in Feb 2019. i held out for as long as i could but with all these recent quick turn arounds and some others who bought in Feb getting their stamps back, i broke down and called yesterday to check my status. found out it was approved last monday.

i now think the wait for the call from the dealer might be more excruciating than the wait for the approval. i'm kinda regretting knowing it is approved.

First can purchased 11/6/18 Form 4 Trust
Check cashed 11/26/18
Got the call Saturday 11/2/19

So by

So update....
brother in laws stamp is in today for pickup.

im still staring at my KAC wanting to play with it.
i bought my first one in Feb 2019. i held out for as long as i could but with all these recent quick turn arounds and some others who bought in Feb getting their stamps back, i broke down and called yesterday to check my status. found out it was approved last monday.

i now think the wait for the call from the dealer might be more excruciating than the wait for the approval. i'm kinda regretting knowing it is approved.

Do y'all know what your (or your brother in-law's) check cashed or pending dates were?

That gives me hope of getting my Obsidian 9 very soon.

Can purchased 11/30/18 Form 4 Trust
Check cashed 12/26/18
Still Pending as of 10/29/19

2/21/19 was check cashed

no idea on pending.

Ok, thanks, that's the latest "normal" check cashed date I've seen, it seemed like they were stuck around 02/12 for a while, so hopefully they are making progress again.

Ok, thanks, that's the latest "normal" check cashed date I've seen, it seemed like they were stuck around 02/12 for a while, so hopefully they are making progress again.

just curious when I'll get mine back...will really be a side by side comparison of Trust vs Individual since we both have the same purchased and check cashed dates.

YHM Resonator

Individual form 4

Purchased 12-27-18

Check cashed first week of January, not sure what day.

Approved 10-23-19

Picked up from dealer 11-5-19

Last edited:
Approval! 11/5

Check cashed 12/3/18
Trust 1RP through silencer shop 1 shot trust.

I found out when I called today. I asked about the out of line early approvals his standard answer was " The average time is 10 months".....

I got the same thing from them. 10 months.

Some of these latest posts aren't making me feel so left out with my normal approval time.

I got the same thing from them. 10 months.

Some of these latest posts aren't making me feel so left out with my normal approval time.
10 months isn’t normal. 11-13 is more normal. They just approved a bunch at 2-3 months to create outliers so they can say 10 month average when 11-12 is more realistic.

10 months isn’t normal. 11-13 is more normal. They just approved a bunch at 2-3 months to create outliers so they can say 10 month average when 11-12 is more realistic.
I bought 4 from the same dealer about 2 to 3 months apart. All form 4 individual, the first two were almost exactly 9 months to the day from the day I did the paper work till the day I had suppressor in hand. Number 4 come back in 3 months, got it the same day as #2 that I waited on for 9 months. Still waiting on #3. Doesn't make much sense at all.

Reactions: NorthWesterner
My last can was purchased on individual form submitted July 17, 2019.
Picked up my stamp and can from the dealer Nov 8, 2019.

The one before that was a January 2019 purchase with a late September stamp delivery.