• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

FYI: Kidd threaded receiver pins

FloridaGator

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2021
Georgia
If you get these, don't be a retard like me.

They need to be juuuust finger tight... I cranked down the screws pretty good, realized I shouldn't have, tried to back them out and now both allen screws on one pin are totally stripped and the pin is stuck in the receiver.

Tried solving the minor inconvenience of pins falling out only to have the major inconvenience of removing tiny stripped screws.

Now I get to go down to the hardware store and pick up an extraction kit for these tiny screws and attempt not to fuck up the receiver or brand new kidd two stage trigger in the process.

Fuck.

No big problem. Take a drill bit just bigger than the stripped out hole and install in a hand powered drill, not electric, and drill the screw head off. you can then push the pin out, remove the other screw and the drilled off screw stud. Just have to go to the hardware and buy a few more screws.

No big problem. Take a drill bit just bigger than the stripped out hole and install in a hand powered drill, not electric, and drill the screw head off. you can then push the pin out, remove the other screw and the drilled off screw stud. Just have to go to the hardware and buy a few more screws.
Good call, thanks. I got a stripped screw extractor kit similar to this one:

And it worked like magic... can't believe I haven't had these in the toolbox until now, but glad I have it now. Game changer.

I'm just going back to normal pins for now. Might try it again with new screws one day, but man, even though it was my fault, this kinda soured me on them for now

Wasn't a big investment anyway, and hey, I got some sweet new drill bits out of the deal so all good.