• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Grand River Tactical shooting mat/rifle case

Re: Grand River Tactical shooting mat/rifle case

That's another piece of his kit. If you look back through Nick's posts, you can find them.

Received my mat/rifle case the other day,all I can say is WOW!Jez Nick,I knew you did good work,but you went over and above on these!Looking forward to testing it out today at the range.Thanks again Nick, and look forward to meeting you next weekend at Reade so we can have our death match for last place!LOL Take care.
Mike

LOL, thanks a lot Mike, I am trying real hard to put out a product that I am proud to put my name on, and spend a lot of time on each one making sure they are right, wich proved to take longer than I had hoped.

Reade will be a blast, hopefully we dont have to flip a coin for last.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike4045</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Received my mat/rifle case the other day,all I can say is WOW!Jez Nick,I knew you did good work,but you went over and above on these!
</div></div>

+1 ! great workmanship, both my 20" bolt action and my AR10 fit well, the spare mag pockets are nicely fitted, I especially like how the muzzle is captivated, and the pocket for the bolt....
When you catch up on orders, I may buy a second,
thanks again!
Andy

I am finishing up the last ones, this weekend, and I would like to appologize the the delay for the guys who where near the bottom of the list. My prime work time for these is the weekends, and have been working a lot of overtime at work, killing my deadline I set for these mats to be in your hands. I do appologize.

Regular production orders have started, but I am making it clear about the wait time. It could be a week, it could be a month, based on current work load. Right now its looking like 1-3 weeks, based on current output. I am running myself as hard as possible to get these made and out, I dont want anyone waiting, because I am dragging my feet.

Here is current pricing for the production bag, wich will unclude the back pack straps. For thoses interested in them for the demo bags, they will be available for $35 shipped.

The cases run $250 for your choice of OD/Green and $265 for Multicam.

There is a lesser version, with just two large velcro pockets (no mag pouches), without all the drag webbing, and MOLLE, that run $175.

These are entirely made in the USA and of USA made materials. Each one is handmade by me, and will warranty it for life.

Pricing reflects materials and hardware, work hours invloved, and comparable products.

My website is currently a cluster fuck and under construction (grtgear.com) but you can finagle your way around there and see some of the products/descriptions but is far from done. Not to mention the original grandrivertactical.com was stolen by nameking.com and turned into some sort of peice of shit hocking medical insurace, repoed homes, basicly, everything but Grand River Tactical gear. I am not affiliated in anyway to this site, they are measuring value of this site by volume of visitors, and wether how much they decide to try to sell it back to me for, and am doing everything in my power to get my domain name back, and to destroy this site. If you have skill that may interest me as far as programming/hacking/destroying of sites, I am interested in working with you
grin.gif

Will the AICS pouches fit an AR10 20 round mag?

I am not sure, I do not have any AR10 mags for mock up. I will add this to my list, I still need to get some AI long action mags, AI magnum mags, and evidently AR10 mags.

If you give me the dimensions of those mags, I can figure it out.

Sorry I had to be the bearer of bad news about the site. My MO went out Friday. You should have it by Tuesday. Let me know when you receive it.

Thanks

Eddie

I can program web sites but not hack into them....
wink.gif

What do you need insofar as rifle size? I want one for my remington w/20" barren, but adding an 8" suppressor.

I hope the mag pockets will hold 2 rounds of FGMM in their little plastic holders.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can program web sites but not hack into them....
wink.gif

What do you need insofar as rifle size? I want one for my remington w/20" barren, but adding an 8" suppressor.

I hope the mag pockets will hold 2 rounds of FGMM in their little plastic holders.....</div></div>

OAL length that you want.

The mag pouches will hold AI mags, loaded, so I dont know why they wouldnt hold ammo trays, if you decide to get one, just send caliber, or the dimensions to the case. Even if they dont, the large velcro pouches will hold them perfectly, and protected from the elements
wink.gif

My bag was a bit of an "exact" with Nick (I want exactly this, and this, but not this..). I can say that he never said no it can't be done. He has been willing to do everything I wanted him to do. Guys this is a custom bag. You get to tell him what you want or don't want and it will be built as asked.
Nick, again, good luck with the bags, these are great for doing what I want with no extra or the extras
Chad

Thanks Chad. If it wasnt for patience like yours, this thread wouldnt be so "positive". Too much work taken on at once.

re: the domain name stuff, network-tools WHOIS

mark April 14, 2010 on your calendar and try and re-register it, worth a shot if you're faster than they are.

there is usually a 45-day period when the domain expires that you cannot grab it. It depends which company the domain was purchased through. Others, like Network Solutions do not hold the domain for 45 days.

Depending how it was taken from you (like if they grabbed it 1 day after expiration) you could get a court order to give it back - assuming your company name is trademarked....

The last of the batch of the demo mats are shipping out this week. Needless to say there were far more than the 10 I originally planned on doing, but I am glad that my gear will be out there in shooters hands.

Thanks to all those who puchased one, and thank you even more for you patience. I look forward to your thoughts and input.

Thank you guys.

Nick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...
Regular production orders have started....The cases run $250 for your choice of OD/Green
...My website is currently a cluster fuck and under construction (grtgear.com)...</div></div>

I realize you put it up in a hurry, but the web site has many misspelling... FYI.

I would like an OD mat/case. My rifle with suppressor (1.5" in diameter) is about 52" long. Without the can it is about 44" long

What does the scope/muzzle protector cost if I add it to the order?

If it is costly, I may get the protectors and the cheaper version of the bag........

Nick,
If you're still taking orders I'd like to purchase one for the NCPPRC class I'll be attending.

If you're doing this for trial use just let me know.

Thanks,
Mike.

P.S. Your scope and muzzle protector has gotten a lot of praise from my buddy's. Thanks again.

Hey Mike.

The trial mat orders are done, and here is why. I though that I could turn these out at an astonishing rate. I was way wrong. I dont mind being upfront about this, some guys would never discuss what I am about to tell you.

I have right around $65 in the mats and about $75 in multicam. I also have about 8-9 hours into each one. Maybe I am slow, or inneficient, what ever, but thats what it is talking me. Maybe I just have not figured out all the short cuts yet, but when you see one of these mats, there is a shit load of stitching on each mat. Some of it is a little complicated. Those are the numbers and you can do the math.

At $125, and $60 in materials at the least, the neoprene foam being one of the most expensive components, I am working for aroun $5-$6 per hour. I am prepared to pay that price, as apposed to work for it, to get a product out there, that is going to get attention and talk, from the guys that know good stuff when they see it.

I dont mind laying this information out there, I am a shooter, and have bought lots of gear. No one can really appreciate the price of a expensive mat like an eagle, till you look at one, and think about what it takes to make one. You can not really appreciate a back pack, like a Eberlestock or a Kirafu, until you want to try to make one. The skills, the effort, time, and materials that actually go into them are astonishing.

I wanted an Eberlestock gunslinger in the worst way, I found lots of pics and started making one. Well, with all stuff that I have on my plate, and the materials that I lacked, mesh, light nlon, etc. etc., I was glad to pay the $250 (used in the for-sales) not to have to make one. Its an intense hobby, requires more patience than I have sometimes.

As far as orders are going, I am back logged, I will take your orders, but wait time is around 30 days plus or minus. There are guys that I am quoting this wait time too, and folks are eager to get in line, so more than likely, the wait time will keep increasing, but I want to be as upfront as possible with this. I dont want this to turn into the DCLW clusterfuck.

I am running as fast as a one man show can go, balls to the wall, still working on average of 12 hours a day the past 2 months at the normal job, wich is highly irregular. Once the school registration season slows down, I will be able to pick up more time for this and turn around time should be far less. Catching up every day, but I put myself under tremendous pressure not to keep guys waiting, and I feel it when they are.

I just wanted to throw this out there, I want to be honest with the community that I am serving, and be upfront with the folks who are spending their money with me.

On a side note, thanks for the info Dusty, I cleaned up the spelling on my site, I think, and sent you a PM also. That was my first crack a making a web page, from scratch, using notepad, and html commands, wich I think is a major accomplishment for ME!
grin.gif
I just forgot to spell check it.

Nick

Hey Nick,
Love the mat and sorry about the $5 an hour thing. I have shown the mat to many of the local long range shooters and they love it! I love it! The mat is the best made I have ever owned and wanted to say thanks again for taking care of us Hide members with your products!

Thanks Jed. I have been meaning to talk to you about some heavy hitters that called me up and threw your name out...I talked to so and so, who talked to so and so, who know this guy named (strangedays) rofl.

Thanks for that. If you have no idea what I am talking about, just PM me.

Nick

Can't wait to have mine in hand. Nick seems to try and build these one at a time and I'm looking forward to seeing what is done.
Chad

I ordered a custom mat to my spec's and a scope cover as well. Just from the pictures I saw, I think Nicks products are the best out there. Prototypes always cost more to manufacture...hopefully if you get into production you will see a profit at the end of the tunnel.

Also, I thought your pricing was really fair, considering all the custom things I asked for!

Sal

Nick you're the Man,

Taking the time to honestly communicate the background effort not to mention your personal day-to-day living needs; that we seem to all forget. Personally I've had limited experience with sewing: uniforms or patches. Taking the time and effort to create from scratch amazes me. Knowing how you are and the products you make, I'll be more than willing to wait and pay for your products. Keep up the great work.

Thanks again.
Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Jed. I have been meaning to talk to you about some heavy hitters that called me up and threw your name out...I talked to so and so, who talked to so and so, who know this guy named (strangedays) rofl.

Thanks for that. If you have no idea what I am talking about, just PM me.

Nick </div></div>

I know what your talking about and expect to get some more!

Got my mat in time for a weekend of shooting, The finishing on it is top rate, It held the gun in like a glove and is a heck of a lot lighter than my full drag bag, I am looking forward to putting it through the paces, I will be ordering the back pack straps soon also. Thanks for a great product

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my mat in time for a weekend of shooting, The finishing on it is top rate, It held the gun in like a glove and is a heck of a lot lighter than my full drag bag, I am looking forward to putting it through the paces, I will be ordering the back pack straps soon also. Thanks for a great product</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ///mik3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nick you're the Man,

Taking the time to honestly communicate the background effort not to mention your personal day-to-day living needs; that we seem to all forget. Personally I've had limited experience with sewing: uniforms or patches. Taking the time and effort to create from scratch amazes me. Knowing how you are and the products you make, I'll be more than willing to wait and pay for your products. Keep up the great work.

Thanks again.
Mike</div></div>

Thanks so much fellas.

Hey nick I got the mat and i cant stop playing with it. Wonderful work ill be putting it thru its paces this weekend. I think my dad may even try and get one anyways it was worth the wait once again beautiful work.

Guys,

please email me pics of you and your rifles and mat in the field for my website. Trying to get a basic layout with content worth looking at. Anything you can send would be greatly appreciated.

[email protected]

thanks guys.

Can't wait to see the pics, send them in guys!

I will try to get some photos up soon, my wife and I just had our third child so I have not been able to get out in the field for a little while.

Any pictures up yet? Very interested in ordering one and am wanting to get some ideas!

Thanks

Everone says they are sending pics or gear in action, but havnt received any yet. When I do, I will post them.

Been without interenet acess for a week, and am going to be with/without for the next couple. Work is kicking in big time.

Hey Nick sent about 5 or 10 guys to your site, they absolutely loved the rifle case/shooting mat. Sorry to throw some more work on you. Ill get you a picture soon bud

bag pack straps are now available. If you were in on the demo mats, and are interested in the back pack straps, they are $39.99. Please send me a PM if your interested. Mike4045 is the only person with a set currently, and they have been redesigned, and are far more comfortable/usable.

Mike, please PM me, and I will swap yours out, and get you a current set, along with the other item you requested.

Nick et al --

Absolutely FIRST RATE!! The mat/case arrived today and all I can say is WOW. backpack straps and all the added pockets..... Amazing.

HIGHLY recommend anyone considering a quality shooting mat/case to give Nick a call. They are worth the wait.

Great job and THANKS!! Pics to come.

Nick:

I see that the case is only 48" long. (This info should go on your web page).

My Timberwolf (.338LM) is 50" long and my Coyote (.308) is 49" long.

1. Do you make them for a 50" rifle?

2. Is it possible to have the mag pockets changed for the .338LM mags on 1 bag and 4 mag pockets on both?

3. What are the numbers ($) on the bag?

Thanks.

Ian, I am glad that the bag is exactly what you wanted. Aside from the wait times, I am glad that you are thrilled. Quality of products/materials and time to do it right, is worth the wait, at least for me.

BHP9, the width of my Cordura is 58"-60". I have made bags for rifles as long as 52". I just add a flap on the font of the bag, no problem.

SA AICS mags, Magnum AICS mags, shell holder pockets, you name it, and it can be done. I have made pockets/pouches for everything from mags to magnum mags, to PDAs, factory ammo boxes, just about what ever you want, within reason (prices may vary).

The OD/Coyote Brown PRSM (precision rifle shooting mat) is $275 and $290 for Multicam including pack straps, and everything else you see in the above pics.

The SRB (shooters range bag) is the same thing, without webbing on the back of the bag, no MOLLE on the front, no bagpack straps, and only one pocket on the interior for $175 and $190 for Multicam. Essentially a high quality soft case/ shooting mat.

Nick made me a sweet pouch to carry my Leica 1200 and Kestrel 4000... The pouch is well made and protects my stuff very well...

GHILLIE001.jpg

GHILLIE004.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brando.john</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nick made me a sweet pouch to carry my Leica 1200 and Kestrel 4000... The pouch is well made and protects my stuff very well...

GHILLIE001.jpg

GHILLIE004.jpg
</div></div>

I like this... are these available? How much if so?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtRacer151</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I like this... are these available? How much if so?</div></div>

This was a custom job, per Brandons request. It is fully padded with closed cell foam and is the finest soft pouch that can be had.

$55 plus shipping is the going rate.

Here are a couple more pics per requests. These are the pack straps that attatch to the bags for the demo run, all production bags have them standard. Sorry for the fuzzy pics.

IMAG0054.jpg

Here is another custom molle pouch that was made for a member, for two AI mags, and a removable PDA pouch. Has a plastic panel sewn in for structure. Making this stuff is fun, and a lot less monotonous than the bags. Easier to handle through my piddly little sewing machine.

IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

Hey Nick my stuff looks great in the photos! Can't wait to get them! I will get some photos in the field when its all setup.

All -

Once set up, the back pack straps work extremely well with my hvy barreled platform.

great product(s)

Got my custom requested items and he not only made what I had asked but above and beyond. Works great! Once again a top notch item.

Nick,

I just had a chance to use the new bag/mat today. I spent about two hours shooting from it. Once I got situated I was comfortable and well insulated from the cold concrete. I am glad that you used the more expensive neoprene.

I am very pleased. The workmanship, attention to detail and durability are fantastic. The shoulder straps were surprisingly comfortable.

The custom length should be perfect (if my new rifle ever gets here) and the magazine pockets fit my AR10 mags just as I ordered.

As for the scope cover, the PH 3x15 should be very safe inside. I am not sure if I will ever use the molle on the sides, but it looks uber cool and the handle on top was a great surprise.

A+ sir!

One quick question...What is the bungee cord next to the mag pouches for?

Had extra space, and figured you could put a tool pouch, or bottled water, or watever else may fit there.

man those straps look nice and thick. fantastic job on these.