• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Help identifying a Colt Woodsman

TRAAV

Minuteman
Apr 15, 2010
Santa Claus IN
First off along with many other things I'm wasnt sure exactly where to post this question so if I would have better luck in another area let me know.
Ok here we go. I obtained a colt woodsman and after a little research have came up with it is a first seris target model for standard velocity ammo.
The serial number is 74xxx with no letters. It has checkering on the rear vs lines. And the 6 5/5 target barrel (not heavy). I do not have a mag for it and the grips are wood.
I didn't know if there were any other determining factors to look for to try and determine an approximate value.
I would appreciate any help from someone that happens to know alot about these.
Thanks

Re: Help identifying a Colt Woodsman

I know it's far off, but if you make it to the Indy1500 in Jan there is always two older guys with a table full of Woodsmans. I had one passed to me from my grandfather. They helped me figure out what model it was and solve a couple function issues with it. The mags are expensive like $65 if I remember correctly. They had a whole bunch of them I also seem to remember him telling me that there are differences in the mags depending on when it was made. It's a fun little gun. I will never sell mine.

Re: Help identifying a Colt Woodsman

Yea I have read that there was two tone blued and then the blued. Not sure when each is from or what they mean