• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also it pains my visual design sense worse than the misaligned lines between the KRG chassis blocks and forends...

think Picasso ...lol

Reactions: gnochi
Also it pains my visual design sense worse than the misaligned lines between the KRG chassis blocks and forends...

think Picasso ...lol

Look, I don’t care if she has Elizabeth Taylor’s eyes; if the rest of a woman looks like a Picasso painting I’m not interested with a BAC below .12 and a year in prison 🤣

Reactions: brianf
I know what I consider capture the bolt but

When guys say capture the bolt

do they mean:

Right hand action right side folder

when folded the bolt can not be manipulated

When folded it locks in place

I’ve seen all of the above quoted when talking about folding stocks
Think Remington xm2010. I want the folder to capture the bolt. This will make for a more compact package when transporting. The bolt knob doesn’t stick out past the folded stock

Anything that can be done about this corner? It looks like it could be annoyingly stabby at the most irksome times. Also it pains my visual design sense worse than the misaligned lines between the KRG chassis blocks and forends...

Potential thought: where the chassis bumps out just above this as shown, have the chassis blend down towards that line.
View attachment 7488524

It is sufficient to chamfer the edge

Attachments

• skhr.jpg
    skhr.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 63
Hi,

Got a couple messages about how does the buttstock fold, lock and unfold.

A flush spring loaded push button operates the latching mechanism that allows the buttstock to swing on its' hinge.
It locks and unlocks by manual push/pull.

Sincerely,
Theis

Holysmokes, that lockup looks tighter than an AI, or a new door on a bank vault.

• Haha
Reactions: THEIS
Samb300
your solution would make it impossible to turn the lock 180 degrees for the left hand
Understood. Maybe the other options would be to either:
1) add the material to the "top" chassis section to fill in the sharp edge
2) add the material to the AR grip tang section

Hoplite2a.PNG

Yeah.. decided I was putting my nose in where it didn't belong so deleted it.. but you had alerady replied

Hi,

I did not see whatever is being discussed, lol.
Throw it back up @gayguns ... We are all like family up in here...post it up.

Sincerely,
Theis

I have a question though. How can I be operator as fuck without a night vision bridge?

Hi,

Ahhh, don't worry I got you covered (no pun intended) on that.

We are offering 4 different levels of OAF.

Choose from one of the below:
6" Coastie
10" ODA
14" DevGru
or
18" Berkut

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Slowroll
I was making dinner I missed it...damn kids needed food

Send it up the flag pole guaranteed I’ll laugh

THEIS that pass by video is pretty impressive.
...edit Damn i was trying to comment before you posted it here

• Haha
What colors are you doing for the first one out of the gate?

I did like that copper one from shot show even it’s though that’s several revisions ago.

Reactions: lash
Hi,

@brianf
First one is:
Chassis-Type III Hard Anodized Black
Complete bolt assembly (Interior, springs, etc), receiver interior and trigger-Special metal treatment (Not nitride either, lol) rather than coating...Black
Exterior receiver-PVD DLC, probably black but honestly if coating company calls today and says can get in next PVD DLC batch but color is orange...well it will be orange.

@Lapuapalooza
Press release is in the works right now. Really pushing to announce at New Years celebration but that is dependent on getting this one from coating to Tooley for new alloy LH Gain from Bartlein put on and sent out for independent testing.

Edited To Add:
Production department at coating/treatment has unboxed my stuff :)
Coating Arrival.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hi,

Press release is in the works right now. Really pushing to announce at New Years celebration but that is dependent on getting this one from coating to Tooley for new alloy LH Gain from Bartlein put on and sent out for independent testing.

Sincerely,
Theis

So just in time for those wondering what to do with any money left over at the end of the year.....

• Haha
Reactions: 1J04
Left over/tax return = hoplite under the tree for me

Hi,

Easy there.......
Just to clear any misconceptions, lol.

There will be only 1 person with Aspis by Christmas and that is dependent on how fast coating and barrel completed.
BUT BUT..with that being said.

I do intend to release cost and expected delivery schedule with deposit information before Christmas.

With us going over to the new Bartlein alloy in LH Gain twist the delivery schedule is fluid at the moment until we get a better understanding/gauge on what barrel specifications we need to stock more of in terms of---Jacketed or Monolithic desires.

Even though we are a production rifle company and not a full blown custom building company. I absolutely understand that we have to offer barrel specifications to suit our customers projectile desires. Even though I personally only want the 7 twist LH Gains in everything, lol.

Sincerely,
Theis

Sign me up for a 300 Norma.

Never messed with solids so I’m ordering what ever you guys suggest for Berger’s.

when that barrel is done, it’s being sent back for a 300 Norma barrel with the intent of pushing solids..hard

This is so far beyond bad ass. Way to take everything to the next level (and probably more).
I will probably never be able to afford one of your rifles but non the less, it is the most interesting thing going in the precision rifle world right now.
If anyone would ask me.

Never say never

Make coffee at home rather than buying at DD

where there’s a will there’s a way lol

Hi,

So we have had a few meetings today and wanted to run a couple things by the group.

The Aspis will be the first for order/production.

With that; we are looking at the following barrel/cartridge combinations and would like to know what selection those of you that are serious in regards to purchasing would choose.

Option 1:
300 NM, Left Hand Gain Twist with exit of 7twist, ModBB Alloy, 27" MTU. This is for monolithics.
Option 2:
300 NM, Left Hand Gain Twist with exit of 9twist, ModBB Alloy, 27" MTU. This is for jacketed.
Option 3:
338 NM, Left Hand Gain Twist with exit of 7twist, ModBB Alloy, 27" MTU. This is for monolithics.
Option 4:
338 NM, Left Hand Gain Twist with exit of 9twist, ModBB Alloy, 27" MTU. This is for jacketed.
Option 5:
338 LM, Left Hand Gain Twist with exit of 7twist, ModBB Alloy, 27" MTU. This is for monolithics.
Option 6:
338 LM, Left Hand Gain Twist with exit of 9twist, ModBB Alloy, 27" MTU. This is for jacketed.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

So we have had a few meetings today and wanted to run a couple things by the group.

The Aspis will be the first for order/production.

With that; we are looking at the following barrel/cartridge combinations and would like to know what selection those of you that are serious in regards to purchasing would choose.

Option 1:
300 NM, Left Hand Gain Twist with exit of 7twist, ModBB Alloy, 27" MTU. This is for monolithics.
Option 2:
300 NM, Left Hand Gain Twist with exit of 9twist, ModBB Alloy, 27" MTU. This is for jacketed.
Option 3:
338 NM, Left Hand Gain Twist with exit of 7twist, ModBB Alloy, 27" MTU. This is for monolithics.
Option 4:
338 NM, Left Hand Gain Twist with exit of 9twist, ModBB Alloy, 27" MTU. This is for jacketed.
Option 5:
338 LM, Left Hand Gain Twist with exit of 7twist, ModBB Alloy, 27" MTU. This is for monolithics.
Option 6:
338 LM, Left Hand Gain Twist with exit of 9twist, ModBB Alloy, 27" MTU. This is for jacketed.

Sincerely,
Theis

I would be interested in:
Option 5:

Later on I'd also be interested in the barrel upgrades for your high pressure 7mm ammo and .338 ammo when available.

Option 2 for me

checkbook is waiting for the address

Hi,

If someone would have asked me yesterday which offering I thought would be the most wanted...It would be #2 even though I prefer #1 for the 300NM.
Jacketed projectiles can only be pushed to a certain point, lol.....That is like putting weed eater fuel in Porsche, hahaha

Sincerely,
Theis

I would be interested in:
Option 5:

Later on I'd also be interested in the barrel upgrades for your high pressure 7mm ammo and .338 ammo when available.

Hi,

Ahh YES the HP!!! I seriously may have to start turning my own brass due to supplier delivery times.

Sincerely,
Theis

Option 2, but I’d also like an Option 1 barrel.

Hi,

O man....the metal and engineering guru just let me down with #2 as first option. lololol
Next your gonna ask me to nitride coat something huh??? LOLOL

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: lash
Hi,

O man....the metal and engineering guru just let me down with #2 as first option. lololol
Next your gonna ask me to nitride coat something huh??? LOLOL

Sincerely,
Theis

Well, it’s easy, I don’t have a reloading setup yet because I’d rather buy once and ain’t nobody got nothing for sale, and Prime only sells 300NM ammo with jacketed bullets 😁

If it makes you feel better, I have a 1:10-1:6 LHGT 300/308 30” barrel blank sitting in my closet... that’s also waiting on said reloading setup to exist.

Since you’re taking requests, I *do* want my cheek rest and bag rider to be nitrided. For the aesthetic.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.