• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Not really. Specialty tooling from OSG has been pretty easy to get...just expensive, lol.

New alloy LH Gains were on rifling machines yesterday at Bartlien.

Sincerely,
Theis
Hey, I shoot lefty, that LH gain twist gun is gonna jump right out of my shoulder! šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: lash
Sponge bob take my money.jpg

Hi,

I shall introduce you to the pain in my ass Aermet 100 bolt, lol...

Production models will definitely be RAM EDM internally as this shit is unique in properties to say the least..

One more operation and it will be complete!!

View attachment 7478105View attachment 7478106

Sincerely,
Theis
Just out of curiosity, what is the machine time on that bolt? Pretty awesome to see things start coming together. šŸŽ‰ā¤ļø

Just out of curiosity, what is the machine time on that bolt? Pretty awesome to see things start coming together. šŸŽ‰ā¤

Hi,

Whewwww, would have to go through and add all the different operations up to give you a total time but it will not be a realistic production time because we did not want to screw up the alloy or any of the tooling on our inaugural utilization of the alloy so things were done as slow as possible yet still cut.

Just the 6mm tool bit used where the internal stepped down in the bolt body from 12mm to the 6mm was $300 and good for a single use due to the tolerance we want in that from bolt to bolt...THAT is why the production bolts will have that hole and step down done via RAM EDM.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hey, I shoot lefty, that LH gain twist gun is gonna jump right out of my shoulder! šŸ˜‚

Hi,

Not if you shoot in Australia so you even out the jump curvature.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Today's update while I grab dimensional screenshots for updates later this week.

The receiver feed ramp transitions to the breech cylinder feed ramp very nicely!!

The interior of the receiver along with the entire bolt assembly will be treated (because it really is not a coating) with synthesized boron nitride for a friction coefficient of .1

The exterior will be PVD DLC.
Feed Ramps.jpg

The magazine sits pretty nicely too :)
Mag In.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Any plans to make the bolt without any ejector plugs or holes? Iā€™m a fan of manual extraction like how Pierce Engineering offers that option.

EC3BD9FF-1EE6-4A75-8939-0A2252FBDB1A.png

Any plans to make the bolt without any ejector plugs or holes? Iā€™m a fan of manual extraction like how Pierce Engineering offers that option.

View attachment 7480245

Hi,

Absolutely not. No need to since anyone that wants to manual eject over the plunger ejectors can just take the plungers out. But as far as us producing a bolt without them..no.

Sincerely,
Theis

The last two pictures, especially the one of it in-hand, makes it not look "chunky" at all. The only problem I see is overcoming the hesitation to shoot/use/abuse a work of art.

Reactions: RS14
i thought the same

when in hand it looks a lot slimmer

the relationship to the magazine length is what gave it away to me

those mags are not that long and to see that much sticking out the bottom puts it in perspective

Reactions: equilibrium
Very nighhhhhhh!!!

Will the barrels use some other metallurgy other tham what is typically standard such as Bartleins new spec?

The last two pictures, especially the one of it in-hand, makes it not look "chunky" at all. shoot/use/abuse a work of art.

Hi,

You don't think we have thought about that potential problem right, lol??
Since I firmly believe in the saying of "The first dent/ding/scratch is always the hardest" we are going to offer this service to our valued customers.
For an upcharge "handling" fee we will gladly take care of the first dent/ding/scratch for you.

Sincerely,
Theis

Very nighhhhhhh!!!

Will the barrels use some other metallurgy other tham what is typically standard such as Bartleins new spec?

Hi,

There is only 1 person at Hoplite Arms that likes and accepts "standard" stuff and luckily he is in shipping and receiving, lolol....
Not only are we doing Bartleins new alloy; we are doing LH Gains, :)

Sincerely,
Theis

--------------------------------

Happy Thanksgiving Update Everyone,
I will put up the dimensional screenshots between tomorrow and Friday.
So until then this is where she is staying for the weekend.
Aspis.jpg
Aspis2.jpg
Aspis3.jpg
Aspis4.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Since I firmly believe in the saying of "The first dent/ding/scratch is always the hardest" we are going to offer this service to our valued customers.
For an upcharge "handling" fee we will gladly take care of the first dent/ding/scratch for you.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

There is only 1 person at Hoplite Arms that likes and accepts "standard" stuff and luckily he is in shipping and receiving, lolol....

Sincerely,
Theis

View attachment 7482471View attachment 7482472View attachment 7482473View attachment 7482474

Sincerely,
Theis
Imma beat the hell out of it

Reactions: AMGtuned
What would it take to add some level of "switch barrel" feature to this receiver design? My Terminus Zeus action returns to zero so well it really surprised me. Wondered if something similar could be an option, or something like what AI does? This thing s looking really cool. Love the idea of an expensive rifle that allows easy caliber change!

Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis

I gladly volunteer to be the employee to provide said service for you. Iā€™m truly a professional at using items as a tool and not the work of art they often are. Plus it adds character.

Between my poor spelling in general and using my damn phone 90% of the time, trying to post firearms related terms is a mess.

half my posts come out like a 3rd grader with add.

Reactions: samb300 and RS14
What would it take to add some level of "switch barrel" feature to this receiver design? My Terminus Zeus action returns to zero so well it really surprised me. Wondered if something similar could be an option, or something like what AI does? This thing s looking really cool. Love the idea of an expensive rifle that allows easy caliber change!

Hi,

Current design is focusing on higher operating pressures rather than "in the field" switch barrel capabilities.

Our tolerances from receiver to receiver are going to be held tight enough that we will have prefits available.

We are making the system capable for the consumer to switch barrels at home or from vehicle with a few tools.

The barrels will have wrench flats on them.

Finishing up design on a magazine adaptor that is used in a normal vise to hold the rifle while consumers remove barrel.

We will have an independent shooter testing the rifle you see in the progress pictures and one of his testing will be testing the barrel torque indicator line system.

Sincerely,
Theis

And now for some dimensional screenshots.

Dims1.PNG
Dims2.PNG
Dims3.PNG
Dims4.PNG
Dims5.PNG
Dims6.PNG
Dims7.PNG
Dims9.PNG

Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis

View attachment 7482471View attachment 7482473
Sincerely,
Theis

Your stock might flow nicely with one of these (option attachement) by another member

I've shot with a MPA chassis for several years and have liked it as well as any chassis I have shot. That said, something
I've noticed is that I always felt that my rear bag was either to tall or to short for a consistent squeeze/elevation hold.
I went to work trying to come up with a solution. After a few versions this is the answer to this question:
View attachment 7131114
Elevation adjustment is easily achieved on the clock and consistency is enhanced with a more light/relaxed squeeze.
I've been using it on my Vudoo/MPA and 6 Creed/MPA for several months.
Here are a few pics of them on different chassis:

R

Reactions: THEIS and Rthur
Love the look of this thing. Are you getting any of your design inspirations from the LARS Chassis system? Yours and theirs looks damn near identical! Or are you the same people and I missed something? Lol

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 120367118_3205972249528379_3178173685993067101_o.jpg
    120367118_3205972249528379_3178173685993067101_o.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 93
  • s1.png
    s1.png
    310.3 KB · Views: 94
Love the look of this thing. Are you getting any of your design inspirations from the LARS Chassis system? Yours and theirs looks damn near identical! Or are you the same people and I missed something? Lol
Previously in the thread he stated it is licensed from LARS and made here.

Kind of like BASF...

ā€œthey didnā€™t make the chassis, they made it betterā€

It amazing the amount of changes you made and I think positive changes.

Hi,

It is absolutely crazy at the amount of changes we have done not only to the chassis but also to the receiver and in general, lol.
1. Alloy Change for bolt and breech cylinder, along with all the FEA on those.
2. Coating Tests
3. Heat Treatment companies issues/changes/etc (That could be a thread all on its' own).
4. Drastic chassis changes...totally tossed out the original chassis that was shown at Shot Show.
5. Moved company offices/showroom to Louisiana.
6. Bolt lug and Breech cylinder surface areas.
7. Etc Etc

I have tried to keep the changes made public here but I am sure some things have been left out, :)

We could have released the rifles immediately after Shot Show last year and done these changes as Gen 2 and then again as a Gen 3 but as a company it was determined to just hold off of public release until essentially the Gen 3 rifles are ready.

All that just so that not a single person would complain that we "changed" something 3 months after rollout. Which is a legit complaint in our opinion.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
100% agree on holding off

changes from customer field use is drastically different from known design flaws that are let through

I know what I consider capture the bolt but

When guys say capture the bolt

do they mean:

Right hand action right side folder

when folded the bolt can not be manipulated

When folded it locks in place

Iā€™ve seen all of the above quoted when talking about folding stocks

Anything that can be done about this corner? It looks like it could be annoyingly stabby at the most irksome times. Also it pains my visual design sense worse than the misaligned lines between the KRG chassis blocks and forends...

Potential thought: where the chassis bumps out just above this as shown, have the chassis blend down towards that line.
50CB546F-4997-4CA5-B6FD-ABBE7354A1E9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.