• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How the BIden admin made sure texans froze to death

Guess it's like everything, the loudest and most adamant are actually the few. I guess working in the oil patch for awhile, I only met the special ones.
Sorry, I have too, at least Texas captures their natural gas.

The Fess declared an emergency so they could ride in and save the day, with strings attached of course.
American lives mean about as much to the Liberals as they do to NK, the Chicoms, or Nigeria. What's a few lives and a perfect crisis compared to the big picture being painted by the Liberals? Liberals have always been, are currently, and will always be scum.

Just do a little research, read just not what you normally want to. Natural gas wells froze, once storage capacities were emptied, those plants could not run at capacity if at all. Coal fired plants were down for scheduled maintenance which is standard procedure for low peak times, which winter normally is there.
It may have highlighted the short comings of renewable energy, but shit came together at once for disaster.
I did read where they decided where to cut power and to whom, if true, that will surface, not good if true.
Biden had nothing to do with this shit show.
This is probably closer to the truth. It was a "perfect storm" event. I'm not defending ERCOT or ONCOR but there is a lot of moving parts to this fricking fiasco. Not the least of which is the fricking Fed .gov, FERC and the like.

I’m no Biden fan, but the headline in this is hyperbole. Did they try to enforce green standards? Maybe. Probably. But did they want Texans to die to the point they enforced green standards to ensure it?I don’t think this is accurate.

FFS, even if this were true everyone should have had enough self reliance to get ready and meet it head on. There was damn near a week of warning even if you didn’t have preps. Then Texans could have helped Texans for what, 7 days, while it blew through? Blaming Biden for Texans’ own lack of preparation isn’t correct. We need to have our own house in order and take responsibility for our own lack of action. We are Texas, not a liberal, dependent shithole. Except for the transplants who have no sense of responsibility. The elderly rests upon the rest of us to take care of as well.

What has this state become?
Did you read that they ordered Texas to buy power at NO LESS than $1,500 per kilowatt hour?? Since when does protecting the environment come with a not less than price tag??? Wonder who was behind the companies with those mandated prices? Me too.

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
Just do a little research, read just not what you normally want to. Natural gas wells froze, once storage capacities were emptied, those plants could not run at capacity if at all. Coal fired plants were down for scheduled maintenance which is standard procedure for low peak times, which winter normally is there.
It may have highlighted the short comings of renewable energy, but shit came together at once for disaster.
I did read where they decided where to cut power and to whom, if true, that will surface, not good if true.
Biden had nothing to do with this shit show.

So even if biden wouldnt have rejected the request, the power production wouldnt have met demand?

Did biden know that the production couldnt meet demand prior to denying the request?

Or, again...can more than one specific thing be considered factual?

ON THE first day biden not only stoped keystone, he allowed china back into the power grid. anyone wanna know who owns the wind turbines that caused the spike in prices?? For any single person defending the Xiden admin in this, you are part of the problem, not the solution.
What kind of idiot thinks what could he possibly do in just a few weeks. He had a jobs report of only 49k jobs all but either 4 or 6k were in .gov. HIs anti-energy made in this country position has cost 100k right now and is forecasted to cost over 1.2 million jobs over a year's time. His open borders will cost the American families in the form of wage growth. Look at what illegal unfettered immigration does to your wage. HIs policies to divide this country into left vs right will stagnate all growth and innovation. his monetary policies are for no other reason than to crash the dollar which is what the central banks want and need. PIck up a history book for god's sake it's been done before

Reactions: 10ring'r
This is probably closer to the truth. It was a "perfect storm" event. I'm not defending ERCOT or ONCOR but there is a lot of moving parts to this fricking fiasco. Not the least of which is the fricking Fed .gov, FERC and the like.

But government has to be prepared for almost anything. Look at the building restrictions in most areas around the water. They go back 100 years and set their zoning for floods that have occurred over the last 100 years. That should hold true for foul weather. If they've experienced a polar vortex in the last hundred years, their infrastructure should have to be able to deal with that situation.

Reactions: 10ring'r
So even if biden wouldnt have rejected the request, the power production wouldnt have met demand?

Did biden know that the production couldnt meet demand prior to denying the request?

Or, again...can more than one specific thing be considered factual?
I was unaware of any request, if I spoke out of context, that's on me. I just read a few sources of news after the initial, windmill freezing, snow covered solar panel fiascos most of us relished.
I am not enlarging to read the print, but if he did, way more lives lost in Texas than "The Bloody Coup" on Jan 6th if we are holding people accountable.
Biden's Benghazi ?

Reactions: Bender
I was unaware of any request, if I spoke out of context, that's on me. I just read a few sources of news after the initial, windmill freezing, snow covered solar panel fiascos most of us relished.
I am not enlarging to read the print, but if he did, way more lives lost in Texas than "The Bloody Coup" on Jan 6th if we are holding people accountable.
Biden's Benghazi ?
No Benghazi. The press is blaming it on the fact that Texas has been in Republican control for so long and is touting the emergency aid from the Biden admin as saving the day.

No Benghazi. The press is blaming it on the fact that Texas has been in Republican control for so long and is touting the emergency aid from the Biden admin as saving the day.
yeah, they bragged about sending 60 generators to help 1.5 million households without power.

Biden's actions are faulty, but I don't know if the entirety can be blamed on his administration. Certainly, he was at fault for the request to increase output being denied.

Fuck Sake, guys and girls.
Look after yourselves first.
Rant and rave about your new President. 🙄
You can blame him for lots of stuff if you want, but the fucken weather?
You had weather warnings.
You guys need weather apps on your phones.

Bring your camping gear near or inside house.
BBQ gas bottles, at least two in reserve and filled.
Fire starter kits from your packs or portable gas stoves. Shovels.
Diesel inverters, spare fuel and serviced, Good2Go.
You should have a complete four seasons kit of clothing. For all members of family.
Comprehensive medical kit.
Two weeks of rations, plus pet food.
Keep extra food in additional chest freezer, rotate regularly.
Fresh Water storage, 20 litres per person, per day, minimum. Filtration kit.
Batteries, radios, head lamps, torches, flares, basic vehicle kit, chainsaw.
Battery power tools.
Beer, and.......CARDIO.

No doubt you have the guns and ammo.
Hope everyone survived.
Better luck next time.

I mean... all these Democrat governors can enact, by fiat, unconstitutional laws and use their gestapo to enforce them... but Texas' governor can't tell the feds to eff off and turn on generators?

Sorry, when people are dying and it makes a political enemy look bad sounds kinda like putting covid patients in nursing homes.

Fuck Sake, guys and girls.
Look after yourselves first.
Rant and rave about your new President. 🙄
You can blame him for lots of stuff if you want, but the fucken weather?
You had weather warnings.
You guys need weather apps on your phones.

Bring your camping gear near or inside house.
BBQ gas bottles, at least two in reserve and filled.
Fire starter kits from your packs or portable gas stoves. Shovels.
Diesel inverters, spare fuel and serviced, Good2Go.
You should have a complete four seasons kit of clothing. For all members of family.
Comprehensive medical kit.
Two weeks of rations, plus pet food.
Keep extra food in additional chest freezer, rotate regularly.
Fresh Water storage, 20 litres per person, per day, minimum. Filtration kit.
Batteries, radios, head lamps, torches, flares, basic vehicle kit, chainsaw.
Battery power tools.
Beer, and.......CARDIO.

No doubt you have the guns and ammo.
Hope everyone survived.
Better luck next time.
The beer would have froze, mate! Whisky will fare better.

In all seriousness though, this is a big list for your typical lazy person. People were going to die, that's inevitable. Our politicians would be lynched if we lost power during a winter storm. We were below -40 in my home town a couple weeks ago, barely a hiccup, but thats the difference between areas that are used to it, and areas that aren't. I have everything I need to survive that situation just in my camping gear, let alone all the extra stuff, but I would still want a politicians head if my power went out for days because they didn't want to run full capacity.

Lol. Just spent 4 years laughing (rightfully so) at people blaming Trump for shit he wasn’t responsible for. Now blaming Biden for a problem he didn’t create from January to now.

Great job bear pit. Great job.

I watched neighbors who claim they want to boogaloo......not know how to keep themselves warm after the tv hadn’t worked for all of 10 minutes. Same types of people saying they were out of firewood when we are surrounded by trees and brush laying around.

I watched people who always talk about not needed the government......cry about how the government wasn’t prepared to keep them warm when they couldn’t do it themselves just for a few days.

Maybe everyone should stop blaming some dude in Washington and figure out how to take care of themselves for 8 minutes.

Ya’ll ain’t ready for slightly chilly for 3 days......let along civil war 2.0.

But, everyone managed to charge their cell phones and post on the hide and social media.

So I live in North Texas.
But have also lived up north of the red river.

I have survived a couple of blizzards in Illinois, Northern Arizona, Kansas and England.
Just my luck to be in the right place at the worst time.

How 4 inches of snow and ice can cripple an entire state is fucking mind boggling.

Wtf

I had food, some water enough for the storm and melted snow for the toilet. I cooked on the stovetop and grill. We had candles, camplights.

Pissed me off I ran out of fresh coffe creamer, damn it.

But all the city water being out for so long sucked after I ran out of snow. The electricity being off because someone flipped a switch not down lines.

Our police and fire departments didn't have generator's that
worked ?

Again WTF.

I've got 2 minor leaking faucets since I ran indoor water the whole time.
We took in a neighbor and if my house had more room would have been more, small 1950's frame house.

We hit zero degrees, that sucked but been in worse for longer.

One car battery died.

The utility companies and city infrastructure came apart hard.

Epic fail and people responsible for thier lack of preparation should loose thier jobs over it.

Literally that is thier damn job and they suck.

Again 4 inches of snow and ice.

WTF

Control the weather? Yup I read that conspiracy theory back when I read all the others that seem eerily relevant..

No not controll the weather.

But the (professionals) cough, that were responsible for equipment didn't do thier job in so many places it's embarrassing.

I hate incompetence.

Hope somebody is preparing memes to compare and contrast media coverage between this and Katrina.
I'll give you a better example. Before the last Hurricane, that one hit mostly Lake Charles, under Trumps command gave out hotel & food vouchers (sold out most the North Texas hotels) in advance of the hurricane making landfall. Pre-emptive addressing of potential problems.

Reactions: diverdon
I’m no Biden fan, but the headline in this is hyperbole. Did they try to enforce green standards? Maybe. Probably. But did they want Texans to die to the point they enforced green standards to ensure it?I don’t think this is accurate.

FFS, even if this were true everyone should have had enough self reliance to get ready and meet it head on. There was damn near a week of warning even if you didn’t have preps. Then Texans could have helped Texans for what, 7 days, while it blew through? Blaming Biden for Texans’ own lack of preparation isn’t correct. We need to have our own house in order and take responsibility for our own lack of action. We are Texas, not a liberal, dependent shithole. Except for the transplants who have no sense of responsibility. The elderly rests upon the rest of us to take care of as well.

What has this state become?

Yep. Not like it was an unexpected hurricane that struck a city built below sea level and the mayor spent all the money dedicated to levee and pump upgrades on "chocolate" and refused to execute the evacuation Oplan. Damn Bush.

Lol. Just spent 4 years laughing (rightfully so) at people blaming Trump for shit he wasn’t responsible for. Now blaming Biden for a problem he didn’t create from January to now.

I watched neighbors who claim they want to boogaloo......not know how to keep themselves warm after the tv hadn’t worked for all of 10 minutes. Same types of people saying they were out of firewood when we are surrounded by trees and brush laying around.

I watched people who always talk about not needed the government......cry about how the government wasn’t prepared to keep them warm when they couldn’t do it themselves just for a few days.

Maybe everyone should stop blaming some dude in Washington and figure out how to take care of themselves for 8 minutes.

But, everyone managed to charge their cell phones and post on the hide and social media.

But you have to admit, when the governor asked for relief and the Biden EPA denied their request to increase power output, I can blame Biden for that action.

That action (or inaction if you will) certainly added to the disaster. I don't know how much it would have helped but people in the know seem to think it was a large contributing factor.

But you have to admit, when the governor asked for relief and the Biden EPA denied their request to increase power output, I can blame Biden for that action.

That action (or inaction if you will) certainly added to the disaster. I don't know how much it would have helped but people in the know seem to think it was a large contributing factor.
What is increase power output look like, do feds flip a switch and more power goes to Texas? Isn’t Texas on its own power grid?

What is increase power output look like, do feds flip a switch and more power goes to Texas? Isn’t Texas on its own power grid?

From my understanding, Texas needed to get PERMISSION from the EPA to increase their power. I think it's due to the increase in output gases from the process. Whether it's coal or natural gas, the power generating system must not exceed a certain level of pollution. The EPA must authorize this procedure by Federal mandate/law.

This is why some people are blaming the Biden administration. This was not a last minute (after the fact) request. I believe the request went to the EPA days before the extremely cold air got to the area. I have not heard the reason for the EPA to decline this request, but it better be a good reason or there's going to be a lot of explaining to do.

Not sure why the lack of preparation is predicated by biden admin rejecting the increase in power output?

Its not the admins fault people that people werent prepared. But if what is being stated is true, wouldnt it at least show that some loss of life is an acceptable trade for green policy?

:)

Your article is horseshit garbage. ERCOT asked for a hall pass from DOE, and they got it. Anyone with an 8th grade education who can turn off their political bent for 5 minutes could read DOE Order 202-21-1 and determine as much.

From my understanding, Texas needed to get PERMISSION from the EPA to increase their power. I think it's due to the increase in output gases from the process. Whether it's coal or natural gas, the power generating system must not exceed a certain level of pollution. The EPA must authorize this procedure by Federal mandate/law.

This is why some people are blaming the Biden administration. This was not a last minute (after the fact) request. I believe the request went to the EPA days before the extremely cold air got to the area. I have not heard the reason for the EPA to decline this request, but it better be a good reason or there's going to be a lot of explaining to do.
Is there any advantage to running your own grid if you need to follow federal regulations? And request went days before? Aren’t you kinda asking for failure for not being prepared before?

I'm going to have to agree with this.

R

You can bet that next time Texas will not ask anyone for permission.

People's lives and state economy at stake.

Fed's can suck it.

That's like asking permission to protect yourself and family in imminent danger.

One reason Texas has it's own grid I thought was so we had autonomy over it so we could serve our needs first and stemmed from keeping our power on in the summer instead of the feds sending it out causing blackouts here.

Maybe Texas should wash it's hands of DC.

Last edited:
Hi,

Here is a question...

So how would the actually increasing of the electricity via "Biden Allowing It" done any good when the ERCOT grid failed?

I am no electrician but doesn't really matter what the electricity throttle was set at if the tires blew out; right?

The TEXAS maintained system failed even at the "non increased" output right?

So it wouldn't mattered (for the sake of debate) that "Biden did allow the increase in output"....Texans would have still been without power right?

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: sleeplz
You can bet that next time Texas will not ask anyone for permission.

People's lives and state economy at stake.

Fed's can suck it.

That's like asking permission to protect yourself and family in imminent danger.

One reason Texas has it's own grid I thought was so we had autonomy over it so we could serve our needs first and stemmed from keeping our power on in the summer instead of the feds sending it out causing blackouts here.

Maybe Texas should wash it's hands of DC.
I think your slowly understanding that Texas’s own grid failed. It’s their own, why need feds? You own your house, is it my fault if it gets broken into? Or do I need to approve the locks and cameras at your house?

Only time I have ever disagreed with your assessment Sir.

IMHO an increase of production from our dirty power plants still in operation would have saved millions of dollars in property damage.

Hi,

As I said...I am no electrician...shit I am pretty much mechanically declined too, lol....

I have not read the entire DOE request or report.

Did the powergrid fail based on pure infrastructure (substations, transformers, lines, etc) or did the powergrid fail with not having enough power running through it due to the demand placed on it from users?

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Snuby642
Hi,

As I said...I am no electrician...shit I am pretty much mechanically declined too, lol....

I have not read the entire DOE request or report.

Did the powergrid fail based on pure infrastructure (substations, transformers, lines, etc) or did the powergrid fail with not having enough power running through it due to the demand placed on it from users?

Sincerely,
Theis
My understanding is both. Increased demand plus decreased production capacity.

Real world truth -- it is generally a good decision not to spend a ton of money to worry about providing for long tail events. It doesn't look like a good decision when one of those events comes. That doesn't change its fundamental soundness.

The article is really trying to paint this as the Biden administrations fault. However reading the DoE order plus knowing that Texas deregulated its energy sector tells a different story.

That order is the DOE telling ERCOT to go ahead and pollute more if you absolutely must, based on your local knowledge, but as soon as you can get back within the EPA regs. So its the Biden Admin telling them to pollute to produce more power.

Tough problem for Texas. A very low likelihood but high consequence scenario. ERCOT gambled in order to make more money by a reduction of cold-weather equipment and screwed it up.

Reactions: Vodak
Hi,

Here is a question...

So how would the actually increasing of the electricity via "Biden Allowing It" done any good when the ERCOT grid failed?

I am no electrician but doesn't really matter what the electricity throttle was set at if the tires blew out; right?

The TEXAS maintained system failed even at the "non increased" output right?

So it wouldn't mattered (for the sake of debate) that "Biden did allow the increase in output"....Texans would have still been without power right?

Sincerely,
Theis
From what I am gathering from my buds that are still working at the plants its not so much that the grid failed as in fell apart, it was that it failed due to EPA regulations and too high of a percentage of the generation being based on renewables that either froze (windmills) or were covered in snow (solar panels). Had the lignite plants and others that were shuttered still be up and running this wouldn't have been as big of an issue.

I think the go-forward lesson here is that this problem will always be with us and happen in an increasingly robust fashion as long as:
1. renewables make up a material and increasing percentage of the power supply.
2. EPA regs do not allow for full bore running during an emergency without govt approval.
3. Power generation does not increase with the increase in population that the state is experiencing. The increased demand is significant.
4. ERCOT doesn't do some serious soul searching and make honest changes where it can.

Given the amount of time that it takes to build and get power generation on-line these days and the lack of real battery technology to store the energy from renewables, there should be no thinking Texan that is caught in this situation again. If you do get caught in it again then its totally on you; all the data points are there for you to figure this the f out. Bitch and moan to ERCOT and the politicians, there is definitely a place for that, but a large percentage of getting through the bumps that are coming is to be laid at our own feet. The fact is that we are sitting on an inadequate grid for numerous reasons and it will only get weaker as renewables are pushed to make up a greater percentage and the population grows. Really the whole US is, and that cant be remediated quickly. If you are too lazy to be bothered with figuring out the options to keep you and your loved ones alive I have no advice for you.

While I don't always agree with Dthomas I re-read his post a couple of times and he hit upon something: if your current mindset can't get you through this, you mindset isn't going to get you through anything that is even more cognitively and emotionally challenging.. This was a pass-fail test that should have provided real info to everyone. There shouldn't be an overall failure during the next one that is surely coming. Soon.

BTW, tornado season is just around the corner.

Last edited:
Not sure why the lack of preparation is predicated by biden admin rejecting the increase in power output?

Its not the admins fault people that people werent prepared. But if what is being stated is true, wouldnt it at least show that some loss of life is an acceptable trade for green policy?

:)

Hmm, I wonder how many people were stocked up before chicom flu?
I wonder how many of them had much work?

How does weather or not people prepared change the gov responsibility for their actions or inaction?

Does the epa let stores sell wood burning stoves down there anymore?

From what I have read, blame really doesn't belong with Biden's administration...but I no longer care. If he is continually covered in feces for the next four years because the Mayans screwed up the date, the National Action Party of Mexico suddenly turns extreme right or the British ban the wearing of wigs by solicitors, I just don't care.

Hmm, I wonder how many people were stocked up before chicom flu?
I wonder how many of them had much work?

How does weather or not people prepared change the gov responsibility for their actions or inaction?

Does the epa let stores sell wood burning stoves down there anymore?
Let me answer this as best I can:
1. You stock up when you have the reserves. If its important you will find a way. Once its bought, its bought. Minimal maintenance money. Go as far as you can. Nobody is saying build an ark. But be an ant, not a grasshopper. Not a single adult grasshopper lived though this, but yesterday the damn ants were out all over the place. Life lesson.

2. It doesn't, but it also doesn't change the fact that it happened and the government was not there to help. At least everyone saw that loud and clear so there should be no expectation of that in the future. In fact, FEMA has said so in multiple PSAs - store water, store food, have clothes in a bug-out bag. You literally had the govt agency in charge of emergencies telling you indirectly that they are underprepared for a big disaster and that they probably cannot get to you. How is this missed?

3. Yes. Stove shops are everywhere here.

The article is really trying to paint this as the Biden administrations fault. However reading the DoE order plus knowing that Texas deregulated its energy sector tells a different story.

That order is the DOE telling ERCOT to go ahead and pollute more if you absolutely must, based on your local knowledge, but as soon as you can get back within the EPA regs. So its the Biden Admin telling them to pollute to produce more power.

Tough problem for Texas. A very low likelihood but high consequence scenario. ERCOT gambled in order to make more money by a reduction of cold-weather equipment and screwed it up.
I would agree totally - if the EPA hadn't added the $1500/Mwh restriction. AKA - more than tenfold cost increase.

Control the weather? Yup I read that conspiracy theory back when I read all the others that seem eerily relevant..

You do make a point to a degree

When you really boil it down, that’s the argument of the big gov types.

If only everyone else uses a paper straw and drives a overblown golf cart and doesn’t use climate control; we can change the weather.

if only everyone else turns in their guns; we can control what criminals and nuts do

if only we could censor more and know what peoples every move; we could control everyone else’s wrong think

It hubris on a scale that’s so big you, shit, you almost just have to laugh

Reactions: Blutroop
Well maybe we should blame every Texan for not purchasing and maintaining a home size generator that won't get ran 24 hrs in 5 years time normally.

I hope our governor crackes some heads.

Well maybe we should blame every Texan for not purchasing and maintaining a home size generator that won't get ran 24 hrs in 5 years time normally.

I hope our governor crackes some heads.

I’d just blame every Texan who doesn’t think their government is a joke at this point, and their tax dollars flushed down the toilet. The only excuse I hear is “well XYZ state screws people even worse than TX” not a solid argument. Folks need to be more self reliant and quit viewing the state as a mother or god like figure.

TX, like most any other state, is a joke and financial scam, I always viewed TX like the Middle East of the US, very tribal, lots of religious extremism in the people and gov, little bit of freedom which is mostly due to pop density, and overall dusty and dirty, the amount of crap I’d see on the highways was crazy, like a entire roll of carpet once, can’t pay anyone to get on that issue, but they got money to put a stupid Texas star on every damn overpass

Also if you have a home built in like the last decade or so and have PVC pipes, you got ripped off. When people think “to code” means much, yeah trust the government on how to build a house vs doing a little self education. Add to that the fact that anyone who has a home without a central fireplace etc isn’t really critical thinking too well

It’s kinda funny for a state that loves to say how independent they are, not so much.

Last edited:
I bet you live in one of the leach states.

We got off the grid to keep from having blackouts in the summer caused by leaches.

The people sucking fairy dust filled cocks and saving the whales all of a sudden every summer wanted our dirty electricity causing us outages.

Sometimes when your man enough to stand alone you get your ass handed to you.

I'll take the once a decade gamble.

Generators (In normal times) are about $500. If you have a furnace, you'll need to get a transfer switch, back feed, or change to plug from hardwired.
Keep fuel on-hand, cycle it out to the car, a little planning, not complicated. Amortized, 1/4th the cost of a cellphone

I bet you live in one of the leach states.

We got off the grid to keep from having blackouts in the summer caused by leaches.

The people sucking fairy dust filled cocks and saving the whales all of a sudden every summer wanted our dirty electricity causing us outages.

Sometimes when your man enough to stand alone you get your ass handed to you.

I'll take the once a decade gamble.

Little known fact, that are ALL “leach states”, or does the current third world condition of Texas, despite all the taxes they collect at gun point, not clearly demonstrate this.

I’m also about as off grid as one can get, I sadly still pay way more in taxes than any benefit I’ll ever get back out.
I mean I can probably get Chinese food delivered faster than I could get PD/fire/EMS to my door, I pay a ton in property taxes to raise others oops babies, more than it would cost to send my kids to a well performing private school, and 9/10 times the gov raised kids don’t amount to shit, great ROI on that one lol

Meanwhile, there is a small town near one of my properties, had a advert for a town manager, the town is run for shit, the manager job paid 500% what the average person who works and pays taxes in the town makes...

This sums it up pretty well

Something about the first step is admitting you have a problem, the people of TX are ether going to downsize their government to match the services they receive, or they’ll just end up a BBQ flavored NY/CA/DC/GA in a few years.