• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Howa 1500 builds **post them**

I have a few lathes in the shop, so bought some 6061 tubing and acetal (delrin) rod, and made my own rod guide. Since my machines are all manual, and took several different set-ups to machine the various parts, it's not practical for me to make a run of these guides. But perhaps one of the companies that are making aluminum DBMs to replace the cheezy plastic ones could be convinced that there's enough of a market for them so that making rod guides for the Mini would pay?...hint, hint...

I have a few lathes in the shop, so bought some 6061 tubing and acetal (delrin) rod, and made my own rod guide. Since my machines are all manual, and took several different set-ups to machine the various parts, it's not practical for me to make a run of these guides. But perhaps one of the companies that are making aluminum DBMs to replace the cheezy plastic ones could be convinced that there's enough of a market for them so that making rod guides for the Mini would pay?...hint, hint...

Yeah I could always check with them. Heck, they may already have some.

Which aluminum DBM did you go with?

I got the oregunsmithing and like it. It'll fit 4 rounds but it's tight. If I do 3, everything runs smooth!

20221005_123036.jpg
20221005_123006.jpg

Glad it's working out for ya man

I was supposed to be at the lease today to finally sight it in. I been busy with work and stuff. But more shit got in the way lol. Hopefully I can make it tomorrow or sometime this week as I start work again on Monday at Waco.

I'm really liking how this little build turned out. It's going to make a great deer rifle.

I've used both DIP & Jefferson DBM. Like them both, but will probably go with Jefferson in the future because I believe he's a one-man shop, and is good to deal with. Last time I checked (a few months ago), neither DIP nor Jefferson had any DBM in stock - due to supply chain issues. Let's go Brandon!!!

I finally got everything together and took this beast to the range today.

From the bench at 100 yards, .75" with Magtech 147 grain 7.62x51 FMJ.

While there are better options, this beast is all mine. :)

Howa 1500 in .308 Winchester with a 24" Barrel, #6 Contour / 1:10 Rifling in a Howa Chassis System (Accurate Mag Sport-Tact Lite)

And now from rear to front:

- Magpul CTR with .50" Cheek Rest and Limbsaver Recoil Pad (stock play lovingly tightened using HVAC tape) with an Urban Rifleman LLC Bag Rider

- Anarchy Outdoors Alpha Grip

- Extended Bolt Knob by Tactical Works

- MDT 20 MOA Picatinny Scope Base

- Leupold Mark 4 30mm Super High Aluminum Rings

- Meopta Optika6 3-18x50mm MRAD1 Reticle and Sunshade

-Vortex Level (The Thick One)

- Harris SL-M 9" to 13" Bipod with ADM Quick Release Picatinny and Tactical Works Steel Mini Bipod Locking Lever

- Colorado Precision Rifle Sling

- 4AW Muzzle brake 3 port (5/8x24 thread) timed with Precision Armament Accu-Washer

FullSizeRender 7.jpg

stello 1001 - I've used both DIP & Jefferson Outdoors DBMs on my Mini builds. They both work fine, but I prefer the rounded, more graceful trigger guard shape of the Jefferson units.

Nice! I just bought a used B&C stock that came with a PTG BM, yet to mate them, as I'm probably going to change that to my Atlasworxs. Did you bed yours, or just using the bedded pillars?
I did so much research into that to be honest. If you got the slightly more expensive one I keep seeing to just go shoot it first as the aluminum area is bigger and it should be fine. If you went with one of the cheaper ones I forgot the name then to bed it. I'm a horrible shot so far (super new to bolt guns). I'm going to get a bit better and see how she does. If I'm still struggling then I might get it bedded. Side note not a bad stock at all. The only issue I've run into is if you want to knit pick it. The stock doesn't look even on both sides of the barrel going all the way down. Close to the action everything is great but where the stock ends, I'm noticing a very minuscule difference. It is fully free-floated though. Also I watched a video on how to properly install it I did everything set it tapped it on the butt. It feels and shoots straight but I did notice my bolt handle rubbing the stock a bit.

Reactions: BAMAboy18
This was from the break in. The center 4 holes are two different 3 shot groups. The outer groups opened up but the barrel was getting hot because I wasn't giving it almost any time to cool, so I was still impressed. That was with handloads from the old barrel that I loaded years ago.View attachment 7935076
Great groups. I need to get better at shooting before I can post any pictures. On barrel break in I know that is a hotly debated topic so I'm not going down that rabit hole. What do you do if you buy second hand thats been shot already? Just go out and have fun or run it through anything? I just put 5 shots of 147 PMC 308 last week and realized I suck at shooting lol.

I did so much research into that to be honest. If you got the slightly more expensive one I keep seeing to just go shoot it first as the aluminum area is bigger and it should be fine. If you went with one of the cheaper ones I forgot the name then to bed it. I'm a horrible shot so far (super new to bolt guns). I'm going to get a bit better and see how she does. If I'm still struggling then I might get it bedded. Side note not a bad stock at all. The only issue I've run into is if you want to knit pick it. The stock doesn't look even on both sides of the barrel going all the way down. Close to the action everything is great but where the stock ends, I'm noticing a very minuscule difference. It is fully free-floated though. Also I watched a video on how to properly install it I did everything set it tapped it on the butt. It feels and shoots straight but I did notice my bolt handle rubbing the stock a bit.
This will replace a Hogue that I stiffened the forearm by epoxying in an aluminum strut and bedded with Devcon (I bedded the BDM and scope rail as well) I still have enough of the compound to bed another stock and it does have a shelf life. I guess my determining factor will be the difference in fitment of the PT&G and Atlasworxs DBM. I just picked up 2 optics and will be shuffling around 3 or 4 as well (building a 6.5cm AR upper as well). I really need to do some "gun stuff" this week I'll try and post some pics of what I have going on.

Reactions: jpop8807
@jpop8807
I have the same barreled action from brownells and put it in the same stock. Sweet setup for the money. It beats the hell out of me with 175s, switched to 155s. Just isn't shooting tight enough for me though. I'm going to rebarrel soon. Havent decided exactly on the new barrel.

Last edited:
If I have any issues with the bbl of a Howa action not being centered in the bbl channel in any of the B&C stocks with the action screws snugged, I'll get a sanding drum in a Dremel and work on the tang inlet area of the stock. If the bbl is off center to the right, remove a little from the right side of the tang inlet, if it's off center to the left, take a bit out of the left side of the tang inlet. Work on the tang inlet until you can center the bbl in the stock's bbl channel by pushing the tang over into the cut area - don't get carried away, it shouldn't take removal of that much material. Then when you bed the bbl'd action into the stock, wrap enough tape around the bbl out at the midpoint or beyond of the forend to center the bbl before putting the action into the bedding compound, and make sure you've got enough bedding compound back at the tang to fill however much of a cut you've taken there. I try not to take anything out of the very rear of the tang inlet, just off the side that's making the bbl off-center in the channel.

This will replace a Hogue that I stiffened the forearm by epoxying in an aluminum strut and bedded with Devcon (I bedded the BDM and scope rail as well) I still have enough of the compound to bed another stock and it does have a shelf life. I guess my determining factor will be the difference in fitment of the PT&G and Atlasworxs DBM. I just picked up 2 optics and will be shuffling around 3 or 4 as well (building a 6.5cm AR upper as well). I really need to do some "gun stuff" this week I'll try and post some pics of what I have going on.
Oh that makes sense. Shit to be honest, I know hogue isn't necessarily considered quality but I love the way they feel. Also in black with the short bull barrel it just reminds me of one of those swat sharpshooter-looking rifles. I need to do more gun stuff with this gun I'm super new to long range stuff, and kinda suck at it so far lol.

Reactions: stanley_white
@jpop8807
I have the same barreled action from brownells and put it in the same stock. Sweet setup for the money. It beats the hell out of me with 175s, switched to 155s. Just isn't shooting tight enough for me though. I'm going to rebarrel soon. Havent decided exactly on the new barrel.
Ok I thought I was going crazy I've only shot cheap shit through it to get it on paper at 100. PMC 147gr bronze. I feel like it kinda beats me more in this then the hogue stock did. I need to get used to big boy guns. I got my mk12 a 1.5 moa with green tips. No blinking, just easy to do all the fundamentals. With the 308 I think I'm flinching I just wanted a rough zero with the 147 grain before I move to the match stuff and the closest I got was like 5 moa. I blame myself lol.

Reactions: jLorenzo
Ok I thought I was going crazy I've only shot cheap shit through it to get it on paper at 100. PMC 147gr bronze. I feel like it kinda beats me more in this then the hogue stock did. I need to get used to big boy guns. I got my mk12 a 1.5 moa with green tips. No blinking, just easy to do all the fundamentals. With the 308 I think I'm flinching I just wanted a rough zero with the 147 grain before I move to the match stuff and the closest I got was like 5 moa. I blame myself lol.
Of all the factory ammo I tried it shot 168gr Gold Medal match the best. I'm realizing that for a target gun it really isn't that heavy. Barrel is on the lighter side and so is the stock. Ive tried a bunch of different hand loads and they all shot about the same. Right around 1-1.5 MOA. Not bad but not great. It has a long throat. Mine will shot 3 rounds touching then another two touching away from the 3. Always.
Make sure to loctite the bolt that holds the trigger, scope base and anything else you dont want coming loose. My trigger mount bolt came loose after awhile, it broke a cheaper scope, and my aluminum rail shows some wear from using QD rings.
Are you going to handload?

Of all the factory ammo I tried it shot 168gr Gold Medal match the best. I'm realizing that for a target gun it really isn't that heavy. Barrel is on the lighter side and so is the stock. Ive tried a bunch of different hand loads and they all shot about the same. Right around 1-1.5 MOA. Not bad but not great. It has a long throat. Mine will shot 3 rounds touching then another two touching away from the 3. Always.
Make sure to loctite the bolt that holds the trigger, scope base and anything else you dont want coming loose. My trigger mount bolt came loose after awhile, it broke a cheaper scope, and my aluminum rail shows some wear from using QD rings.
Are you going to handload?
I was thinking about getting into it, but work and flight school right now are killing my time. I might eventually fall down that rabbit hole. Once I get better at shooting the thing I had ordered a bunch of match grade to see what I can get the best out of it with. Like I said though currently I feel like I'm flinching a bit shooting this is my first bolt gun. lol I'm feeling like a little bitch.

I was thinking about getting into it, but work and flight school right now are killing my time. I might eventually fall down that rabbit hole. Once I get better at shooting the thing I had ordered a bunch of match grade to see what I can get the best out of it with. Like I said though currently I feel like I'm flinching a bit shooting this is my first bolt gun. lol I'm feeling like a little bitch.
Don't. This setup is pretty stout recoil wise. Maybe look into a clamp on brake. Im rebarreling with a heavier barrell at least, possibly longer. Think I'll keep this one in 308 because I have a lot of 308 stuff. Kind of wish I wouldve went 6.5.
My favorite gun to shoot now is a 17lb, 26" .223.
I find shooting 147-155gr to be the most pleasant and will still be fine out to distance.

Don't. This setup is pretty stout recoil wise. Maybe look into a clamp on brake. Im rebarreling with a heavier barrell at least, possibly longer. Think I'll keep this one in 308 because I have a lot of 308 stuff. Kind of wish I wouldve went 6.5.
My favorite gun to shoot now is a 17lb, 26" .223.
I find shooting 147-155gr to be the most pleasant and will still be fine out to distance.
One of my buddies works at a gun store and got it on trade in well with the original hogue stock. It was a consignment item listed for 600. I don't know anything about bolt guns so I told my buddy to throw out a number the guy took 400 even for it. I just feel like I'm either nervous shooting it or something. Like my follow through. I pulled the trigger once blinked and then realized I wasn't even pointing at the target anymore. Honestly it's making me work hard and better myself I do kinda like it. The PRI mk12 I have is boringly accurate. 9holes and a few other guys say they get 1.5 to 3moa with mk262 on thiers and I just got 1.5 moa with 62grain and 1.25moa with 55 grain. I haven't even tried my fancy stuff yet. I do enjoy shooting it though. I would the longer I read on here they say for the price Howa is hard to beat in terms of quality. 308 is pretty accessible as well. I wouldn't mind a 6.5 down the line. I'm trying to sell a 7mm mag that I impulse-bought from a buddy. Then learned they really only make hunting shit in that caliber. My dad did the whole sniper thing in the army, and he mainly rants and raves about 300 win mag being his baby for a favorite round.

One of my buddies works at a gun store and got it on trade in well with the original hogue stock. It was a consignment item listed for 600. I don't know anything about bolt guns so I told my buddy to throw out a number the guy took 400 even for it. I just feel like I'm either nervous shooting it or something. Like my follow through. I pulled the trigger once blinked and then realized I wasn't even pointing at the target anymore. Honestly it's making me work hard and better myself I do kinda like it. The PRI mk12 I have is boringly accurate. 9holes and a few other guys say they get 1.5 to 3moa with mk262 on thiers and I just got 1.5 moa with 62grain and 1.25moa with 55 grain. I haven't even tried my fancy stuff yet. I do enjoy shooting it though. I would the longer I read on here they say for the price Howa is hard to beat in terms of quality. 308 is pretty accessible as well. I wouldn't mind a 6.5 down the line. I'm trying to sell a 7mm mag that I impulse-bought from a buddy. Then learned they really only make hunting shit in that caliber. My dad did the whole sniper thing in the army, and he mainly rants and raves about 300 win mag being his baby for a favorite round.
Yeah the 308 tells on you if your fundamentals aren't what they should be. Also a great tool to learn wind with. 400 is a sweet deal.

I reccomend spending as much time as you can dry firing to lose the flinch. Also look into cutting a small piece (no more than half a coil at a time) of the trigger spring to lighten it up a bit. Good videos on youtube on how. Its a really nice trigger actually, I like it a lot.

Random question that might seem dumb to many...

I am running my Howa 1500 in .308 Winchester in an MDT ACC and it works great.

If I were to replace this barreled action with the same one in 6.5 Creedmoor, would my same magazines, Magpul and AICS metal, work with the new caliber?

I am asking from a feeding standpoint more so than a "Will it work with the MDT ACC chassis" standpoint.

I see the Magpul website says the below but I am looking for additional thoughts:

CompatibilityCompatible with short action AICS pattern bottom metal and cartridges built on a 0.470" case head such as 7.62x51/.308 Winchester, 7mm-08 Remington, 6.5mm Creedmoor, .260 Remington, .243 Winchester, and others*

Thank you.

-Stan

Random question that might seem dumb to many...

I am running my Howa 1500 in .308 Winchester in an MDT ACC and it works great.

If I were to replace this barreled action with the same one in 6.5 Creedmoor, would my same magazines, Magpul and AICS metal, work with the new caliber?

I am asking from a feeding standpoint more so than a "Will it work with the MDT ACC chassis" standpoint.

I see the Magpul website says the below but I am looking for additional thoughts:

CompatibilityCompatible with short action AICS pattern bottom metal and cartridges built on a 0.470" case head such as 7.62x51/.308 Winchester, 7mm-08 Remington, 6.5mm Creedmoor, .260 Remington, .243 Winchester, and others*

Thank you.

-Stan
Yes all the same

Yeah the 308 tells on you if your fundamentals aren't what they should be. Also a great tool to learn wind with. 400 is a sweet deal.

I reccomend spending as much time as you can dry firing to lose the flinch. Also look into cutting a small piece (no more than half a coil at a time) of the trigger spring to lighten it up a bit. Good videos on youtube on how. Its a really nice trigger actually, I like it a lot.
So I have unfucked myself. I have gotten the gun to 1 MOA with cheaper SB HPTB and IMI 7.62 175 OTM. I got to .69 moa with horny 168 Grain A Max and .98 Moa with 175 Fed Gold Medal Sierra match. The guy that owns the range I got to who's I guess the county commish was Navy Seal for a while he got excited when I said I'm going to zero my MK12 then I said, I fucking suck at this 308 he came with me watched me had me dry fire. He said my fundamentals were good lob one down range for me. Wooden shooting bench bipod....gun kinda jumped and slid. He then told me to fold up my bipod legs, and use my backpack as a rest. I went from 3 to 4 moa down to 2.01 with some cheaper PPU matchline 168. I had a lot of boxing of ammo with me to test what my gun liked by the end of 4 hours he had me down to that .69 moa. I guess now I see why Henry from 9 holes reviews always shoots off his backpack vs bipods on that wooden shooting platform he's on.

Sorry for the double post one issue I did run into by about the 15ish round my howa became super hard to unchamber, the bolt slide back nice and smooth the next round went in smoothly, after about the 20'th round and not in fast succession i literally had to palm slap the shit out of my bolt handle to get it to turn up.

Sorry for the double post one issue I did run into by about the 15ish round my howa became super hard to unchamber, the bolt slide back nice and smooth the next round went in smoothly, after about the 20'th round and not in fast succession i literally had to palm slap the shit out of my bolt handle to get it to turn up.
Hmm over pressure load or maybe your not bumping the case shoulder back enough? What ammo was this?

Hmm over pressure load or maybe your not bumping the case shoulder back enough? What ammo was this?
It did it with everything I put in there anything from imi ppu hornady smk black hills, all factory loads, anything between 168 grain to 175 grain. I bought it on consignment, minus running a few patches of clp through the barrel and cleaning patches I didn't fully clean the firearm. Is it possible it's just dirty?

Hmm over pressure load or maybe your not bumping the case shoulder back enough? What ammo was this
It did it with everything I put in there anything from imi ppu hornady smk black hills, all factory loads, anything between 168 grain to 175 grain. I bought it on consignment, minus running a few patches of clp through the barrel and cleaning patches I didn't fully clean the firearm. Is it possible it's just dirty?
I would clean it for sure. I've found after buying a borescope, a brush and a couple patches isn't doing what I though it was. I would get a teslong borescope off amazon or at least give it a once over with a bronze brush and CLP, patch it out and repeat until your patches come out clean.

I've found carefully using Free All to get old carbon out works well. It's nasty stuff so use caution and do it in the garage or outside.

Hmm over pressure load or maybe your not bumping the case shoulder back enough? What ammo was this

I would clean it for sure. I've found after buying a borescope, a brush and a couple patches isn't doing what I though it was. I would get a teslong borescope off amazon or at least give it a once over with a bronze brush and CLP, patch it out and repeat until your patches come out clean.

I've found carefully using Free All to get old carbon out works well. It's nasty stuff so use caution and do it in the garage or outside.
Ya the guy that owns the range asked me the same thing about what pressures I have my rounds loaded to. I was like bro I failed math 3 times, I'm not educated enough to reload lol. I went stir crazy last night after shooting on here, spent way to much on cleaning stuff. Some company people here talk about called boretech, some fancy jags (the ones the patches wrap around), I usually just use otis stuff (acquired in the army lol), and clp just habit. Going to try to give it a good cleaning tonight. Might make a post/range report of all my results with the ammo's I've tried, and to review the my howa.

Got it posted. Hopefully it's not too retarded lol.

Howa 1500 300 win mag houge stock jb welded forend silicone in the butt ,glass bedded ,Harris bipod ,arken sh4 gen 2 ,kahntrol muzzle brake, Mathew’s fab cheek riser ,short action custom 2 round holder more to come this is my build for now love the gun will get a better barrel and brake when I shoot this one out next step is the atlaswerx bottom metal and some time down the road a McMellon a5 stock or a10

View attachment 7908265
Finally have my grendel build finished

Howa Mini Action
28“ 1:8 twist Bartlein heavy varmint
6.5 grendel/ 264 LBC-AR chamber
Mdt oryx chassis
Jard 8oz trigger
Cabela's CX-PRO 5-25x56. Mil reticle
Leupold mk-ar mount
Caldwell bipod (bout to replace)

Getting avg 2714 fps with 130gr eldm, 30.2gr of h4895, cci 450 primers, and Hornady brass.

View attachment 7908275View attachment 7908277
Nice setup and load. How's that CX-pro scope working out? I got one on sale just haven't ran it through its paces on another rig I haven't loaded for yet but 1 range session and sight and the glass and turrets seem way above for what i paid. Surprised there aren't more out in the wild.

Not much of an exotic build. My father wanted a compact, light, deer rifle that he doesn’t plan on shooting over 200M with.

Howa 1500 Mini 6.5 Grendel 1:8 Factory Sporter
Oregunsmithing Bottom Metal
Pendleton Custom Stock’s Carbon Fiber
Leupold VX-Freedom 39x40mm
Leupold Classic Rings and Bases
6 pounds 2.9 ounces.

I have a load that averages 2535fps and has given multiple 1/2” 3 shot groups at 100 yards. Slowly building group data by using the FIRST GROUP only for each trip. 1 cold bore and 2 follow up 1 minute between shots. The POI has remained consistent as has the group size. I just need more trips/samples to call it a true 1/2” load.

By the time he is healed from back surgery it will be ready for him.
IMG_4060.jpeg
IMG_4061.jpeg

This 308 started life as an Axiom. It ended up in the following configuration before I just passed it on to my son. 20" heavier contour barrel, slick action, tuned HACT trigger to 3.5#, outer impact scope rail, Warn rings, Japan made Tasco Titan 4-12x56 with Butler Creek element flip caps, Hogue stock has a triangle aluminum strut epoxied into the forearm & action and Atalasworx DBM are Devcon bedded. I also included a new sling, case & some starter ammo.

Attachments

• IMG_20230718_090352111_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230718_090352111_HDR.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 26
This 6.5cm 16" heavy threaded barreled action ended up in my Axiom stock which has a triangle aluminum strut epoxied into its forearm and action and PT&G DBM Devcon bedded into it, Timney trigger, Vortex Strike Eagle 4-24x50 in a DNZ one piece mount, and a now rare Surefire 6.5 muzzle brake. In this pic it's wearing my only Warden that can be quickly changed to most of my rifles. I keep finding myself in need of just one more Surefire muzzle device...
Ready to bed the same action, but in 308 into a B&C stock, I think I'll buy this same glass again and another will be almost finished, both these will need some action love to smooth them out.

Attachments

• IMG_20230718_091039728.jpg
    IMG_20230718_091039728.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 33
HOWA 1500 BA
1:10 twist
Sitting in KRG Bravo
SuperCal bipod
Vortex optics
EC muzzle device/tuner

ETA: This was a consistent ⅝ shooter. I cut the trigger spring by coil and a half and it went down to 1lb3oz trigger and I filled the stock with weight.
Now it shoots as pictured.

20230917_113210.jpg
Screenshot_20230929_215315_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
Did some more load testing yesterday Howa 1500 .223 - 77 gn Sierra TMK , with my Factory 20 inch fluted Heavy Barrel , threaded Muzzle / Stocky's Factory Seconds Carbon Stock .
Haven't finalised the load yet , but best of the three tested averaged under 1/2 inch , all three averaged under 3/4 inch ( only 3 x 3 shot groups so not exactly conclusive , but something to work with )
I put this thing aside for awhile because I got tempted to the " Dark Side " of Tikka's .
I revisited the Howa while having some doubts about my Tikka .223 , and realised that the " Cheap Old Howa" actually shot better .
The Tikka is on it's way to the Gunsmith to become a 6x45 / 6mm223 , so not all is lost .

PS- The slip on Limb Saver Recoil Pad is to add length to the stupidly short stock , not to tame the excessive recoil :D.

eY715fP.jpg

Last edited:
Did some more load testing yesterday Howa 1500 .223 - 77 gn Sierra TMK , with my Factory 20 inch fluted Heavy Barrel , threaded Muzzle / Stocky's Factory Seconds Carbon Stock .
Haven't finalised the load yet , but best of the three tested averaged under 1/2 inch , all three averaged under 3/4 inch ( only 3 x 3 shot groups so not exactly conclusive , but something to work with )
I put this thing aside for awhile because I got tempted to the " Dark Side " of Tikka's .
I revisited the Howa while having some doubts about my Tikka .223 , and realised that the " Cheap Old Howa" actually shot better .
The Tikka is on it's way to the Gunsmith to become a 6x45 / 6mm223 , so not all is lost .

PS- The slip on Limb Saver Recoil Pad is to add length to the stupidly short stock , not to tame the excessive recoil :D.

eY715fP.jpg
Great looking rifle. It is hard to tell, but do you have one of the Mini actions or one of the lucky few with the Short action 1500 in 223?

Great looking rifle. It is hard to tell, but do you have one of the Mini actions or one of the lucky few with the Short action 1500 in 223?

It’s a 1500 SA - Not the Mini Action .
Here in Australia one of our big Gun Store retailers offered what they called a “ Compact Tactical “ version which this one is .
20” barrel / fluted / threaded barrel / HACT trigger ( I installed a lighter spring ) in a standard Houge Stock .
I’m not sure if this setup is available elsewhere or was a special run/order for that retailer.
I have had it in a number of different stocks , but have settled on the Stocky’s Carbon and I’m very happy with it for the price . I had to import the Stock from the USA through a specialised firearm importer , Stocky’s won’t export , and that took about 5 months for it to arrive.
The Rifle is topped with Talley lightweight rings and a Meopta Meostar R1 3-10 x 50 scope which is one of the brightest low light scopes I’ve used .
It’s main role in life is for what we call “ Spotlighting “ at night for Dingos ( our equivalent to your Coyotes) and is now what I consider to near perfect in regards to setup / Weight / practicality for that task .
I never shoot over 250 yards at night so the lower scope magnification isn’t a problem, in fact it’s a bonus because of the brightness and clarity in low light conditions.
Value for money this combination is a winner in my opinion and it outshot my Tikka.223 with heavier projectiles, which I prefer because ranges are not long at night, velocity and flat trajectories aren’t needed and the heavier bullet does a better job on target in my opinion .
I won’t be getting rid of this setup anytime soon .

My new howa 1500 SA 223. Sadly it's a 1/9 twist but shoots 62 gr hpbt and 69 smk very good. Using my dad's old leupold scope from when he was on the swat sniper team. Back when leupold was made in the USA. Shoots very well with the cheap hogue stock and the heavy as hell 2 stage trigger. Plan on ordering a rifle basix .75-1.5 lb trigger and haven't decided on a B/C stock or a oryx chassis. Needs to be threaded for my OSS 762 can. Any recommendations on stocks??
20231112_104141.jpg

Any recommendations on stocks??
If it is the short action and not the min action, I would look at the KRG Bravo before the Oryx chassis, and the B&C M40 if you want to do a M40 clone. I would also look at stocky's stocks if you want to go carbon fiber. For odds and ends like bolt-on bolt knobs, look at tactical works.