• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Howa 1500 builds **post them**

I’ve never had any troubles with the standard mags feeding wise. Can’t remember if they are the legacy brand tho. This is a custom built of the mini action. 16 inch 223 beefy barrel . 73gr Berger’s at 2730fps.

6688B51C-158A-43B0-9C22-7420F79937C0.png

What would be the interest in the howa stock and a pulled off factory barrel?

Have a 17" barrel coming and not going to need the factory, and considering another stock. Just not sure if there would be an interest in these removed parts....or a price for them

What would be the interest in the howa stock and a pulled off factory barrel?

Have a 17" barrel coming and not going to need the factory, and considering another stock. Just not sure if there would be an interest in these removed parts....or a price for them

If it's a popular chambering then maybe just maybe there might be some interest. I say that because a lot of the barreled actions go for around 450 give or take, I'm talking brand new. Now try to put a price on a take off barrel while taking that into consideration.

What's the length and chambering?

24" 6.5 creedmoor
Stock is the american flag with the luth ar stock. Would love to find a GRS stock for the Howa

What bore guide are you all using on your 1500? Not all commercial stuff works as I believe the howa 1500 action has a slightly smaller diameter than a R700.

Can anybody talk me into or out of purchasing an MDT ACC for my HCR. I have absolutely nothing against my rifle the way it is in its current configuration. I certainly don't need a new chassis and I probably should not be spending on stuff I don't need right now. But damn it, it's just a sexy chassis and the BF deals are too good...

Hahaha I don’t know much about ACC but are all the rage right now mate. I just bought a manners T6a for mine. Had an ESS on it before. It’s what we do.....spend money we don’t have. Sell your other chassis get some dollars and go for it. Enjoy

That's awesome. Looks like the howa mags. Everything feeding OK for you? I've got one of these on my short list. Can you post a pic or two of what the bottom metal portion looks like? Just curious.
Yes, feeds excellent. I’ve done a few howa mini builds so far, all wildcats, and they feed effortlessly. I’ll get some pics when I can, i’m away till Sunday.

Can anybody talk me into or out of purchasing an MDT ACC for my HCR. I have absolutely nothing against my rifle the way it is in its current configuration. I certainly don't need a new chassis and I probably should not be spending on stuff I don't need right now. But damn it, it's just a sexy chassis and the BF deals are too good...

You don't want that stock...you want the american flag chassis! It is so much better.......oh andi am trying to sell mine. How about that.

Lol

Here’s my attempt at a precision firearm-

Howa 1500 6.5 Creedmoor Heavy Barrel
Vortex 6-24 HS-T MRAD
Badger Ordnance Steel Rings
EGW 20 MOA Steel Base (skim bedded)
Knight Armament Bipod

Right has a total of a hundred rounds through it
andd has shot Norma, Hornady and Sig Sauer Match
ammunition very well. I used it to take a pig with ELD-M
147 grn back in July.

Attachments

• D62A350E-AEB2-4407-AAE2-EA2744BE984F.jpeg
    D62A350E-AEB2-4407-AAE2-EA2744BE984F.jpeg
    517.7 KB · Views: 165
  • 0E9469A4-FC61-4D14-862A-4EBFE447C48C.jpeg
    0E9469A4-FC61-4D14-862A-4EBFE447C48C.jpeg
    564.9 KB · Views: 127
  • BCB75C59-A527-4901-A5DE-439280C7ED13.jpeg
    BCB75C59-A527-4901-A5DE-439280C7ED13.jpeg
    510.5 KB · Views: 97
  • E1EC35FD-FA9E-40E0-AAEC-5CB95117A08C.jpeg
    E1EC35FD-FA9E-40E0-AAEC-5CB95117A08C.jpeg
    953.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 057788D3-764B-4B27-8D24-E840757B2566.jpeg
    057788D3-764B-4B27-8D24-E840757B2566.jpeg
    650.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 463B67A6-D2FA-4C74-843C-5A242734AAAC.jpeg
    463B67A6-D2FA-4C74-843C-5A242734AAAC.jpeg
    497.5 KB · Views: 169
Yes, feeds excellent. I’ve done a few howa mini builds so far, all wildcats, and they feed effortlessly. I’ll get some pics when I can, i’m away till Sunday.

Howa’s are great actions to build off. Looks awesome!!

For all of you Howa fans- I have a Howa OEM bottom metal for sale over on the PX. If you're interested, take a look.

Anyone got specs on the 300 prc that’s coming out? Mainly looking for barrel twist. I can’t get them email me back on specs and trying get one on order....

Here’s my current setup:
Howa 1500 .308 20” barreled action
Witt machine clamp-on brake
Bell & Carlson medalist 2 with
Matthew’s fabrication cheek riser
Viper PST 6-24x50
Talley 20 moa rail
BC73EC83-AF14-4156-8FFD-8957381BA2E1.jpeg

Anyone got specs on the 300 prc that’s coming out? Mainly looking for barrel twist. I can’t get them email me back on specs and trying get one on order....

I had good luck calling their sales/ tech department when I was in the market as at the time, they did not list the twist rate for my Creedmoor.

Reactions: james24
Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel
Pablo at Billy Goat Machine customized it slightly different than it sits now, with a DD stock and grip. He added the Timney, and had cut it to 16.25", recessed crown. Skeletonized, shortened and painted the chassis.

I changed the stock to MDTs piece, added the folder. I also added the rail section up front for the Atlas.

Then I had him cut the bbl to 14.5" and pin a Surefire Socom mount on there, for when I hit freedom in ID. Should be real sweet! And quiet, what with the cute little case ha

We buzzed up a DOA one piece scope mount being I had it unused anyway. Vortex HS LE 2.5-10 XLR.

Labradar says: supersonic beyond where anybody would use the lil guy ha
Screenshot_20190620-081949-01~2.jpeg

Last pic, fitting in the backpack.

IMG_20190522_160705109.jpg

IMG_20191010_124338619.jpg

IMG_20191010_124350363.jpg

IMG_20190615_084348756.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished my Howa build.
24" HB 6.5CM
GunWarrior chassis and suppressor (comes with MDT magazine)
Vortex PMR rings
Vortex Viper PST Gen2 5-25x50 EBR-7C reticle
Atlas BT 69 LW17 bipod.

Still waiting on G&G bolt Knob ,bubble level and scope caps that should be arriving this week.
Yet to fire a shot,will be going to the range early next week.
I am based in South Africa so the chassis is local to us. Suppressor has internal brake that can be shot on its own. Can also comes with a reflex adaptor(not installed) as well as a sound diffuser which is installed.
Can't wait to shoot it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    310 KB · Views: 129
My XLR Element chassis for Howa SA arrived last week, so a couple days ago I got on Brownells web site to order a 6.5 cm 26" heavy barrel threaded that I've been wanting and it's discontinued from the factory. I've been watching for the last month to see if it would go on sale and now this. Just my luck, lol.
I guess I'll try the 26" semi heavy and see how that works. Best laid plans and all that I guess. Has anybody heard if they're coming out with something new to take it's place?

My finally completed 1500 6.5creed, though I may end up painting it at some point. Put a preferred barrel 17" bull barrel, tbac cb7 suppressor, topped with a vortex pst2.

Able to get out today and test the barrel combo...and it shoots and nothing exploded or broke. Now I have to wait till spring before I can get some load data started.

Had to modify the handguard by moving the bolt holes for the attachment point, as well as removing material from the front and back. The suppressor now sits about flush with the handguard. Very sleek looking I think.

Attachments

• 20191213_131936.jpg
    20191213_131936.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 166
Reactions: stilesg57
My XLR Element chassis for Howa SA arrived last week, so a couple days ago I got on Brownells web site to order a 6.5 cm 26" heavy barrel threaded that I've been wanting and it's discontinued from the factory. I've been watching for the last month to see if it would go on sale and now this. Just my luck, lol.
I guess I'll try the 26" semi heavy and see how that works. Best laid plans and all that I guess. Has anybody heard if they're coming out with something new to take it's place?

Haven’t heard of a replacement, didn’t realize they dropped it even though it hasn’t been available for awhile. Feeling a little better about falling into a 26” heavy back in the spring. Honestly I’d rather have the extra 2” for velocity than the extra ~0.2” for girth; I’d grab the semi-heavy in 26” and not sweat it. If you really like it, it’s only gonna be your first barrel anyway ?

Haven’t heard of a replacement, didn’t realize they dropped it even though it hasn’t been available for awhile. Feeling a little better about falling into a 26” heavy back in the spring. Honestly I’d rather have the extra 2” for velocity than the extra ~0.2” for girth; I’d grab the semi-heavy in 26” and not sweat it. If you really like it, it’s only gonna be your first barrel anyway ?
Thanks, that's what I'm going to do. Waiting for my yearly performance bonus which should be coming next week and then I'll get the semi heavy ordered. The Element looks to be a nice chassis, should be a nice rig. Think I'm going to top it with an Athlon Aries etr, then just wait for some decent weather, which might be awhile.

There is a new chassis option for the mini action coming out shortly from these guys in Australia. They also have inlets for Howa 1500, Remington 700, Tikka T3 and Lithgow Arms

Anybody have experience with Accurate Mag Sport-Tact Lite?

Anybody have experience with Accurate Mag Sport-Tact Lite?

It's a great chassis system and works great. I have one with a luth AR MBA3 buttstock.

IMG_20191222_203351_973.jpg

So, picked up my 6.5 CR barrelled action from my ffl, looked it over and everything seemed fine. Took it home and dropped it in my XLR Element chassis. Pulled it out of the safe last night to fondle it a little bit and found my triggers first stage is missing. Have about 1/8" take up and breaks about 3 to 3 1/2 pounds. Pulled it out of the chassis, still the same. I'm new to 2 stage triggers, especially this hact. Anyone have an idea on the cause? Hate to have to send it back. Thanks for any thoughts on this.

So, picked up my 6.5 CR barrelled action from my ffl, looked it over and everything seemed fine. Took it home and dropped it in my XLR Element chassis. Pulled it out of the safe last night to fondle it a little bit and found my triggers first stage is missing. Have about 1/8" take up and breaks about 3 to 3 1/2 pounds. Pulled it out of the chassis, still the same. I'm new to 2 stage triggers, especially this hact. Anyone have an idea on the cause? Hate to have to send it back. Thanks for any thoughts on this.

I'm a little confused by your post. What exactly is the problem? What you described is a normal 2-stage trigger. The first 1/8" you're describing IS the first stage, then you hit the "wall", from there it should be a clean break.

I'm a little confused by your post. What exactly is the problem? What you described is a normal 2-stage trigger. The first 1/8" you're describing IS the first stage, then you hit the "wall", from there it should be a clean break.
It's just slack, nothing there at all, feels like the 2.5 pound trigger in my gas gun, except more take up. I've never had a 2 stage before, can't imagine they're all like this, my cmc single stage is way better.

It's just slack, nothing there at all, feels like the 2.5 pound trigger in my gas gun, except more take up. I've never had a 2 stage before, can't imagine they're all like this, my cmc single stage is way better.
Timney has a single stage trigger for Howa if you want to replace it. I like my howa 2 stage with the 2nd stage set at 14oz. with modification.

Reactions: Bigskyguy

Welcome to two stage triggers. Reading up on the subject and watching a few videos might help clarify the idea behind them.

And just to clarify, it doesn't sound like anything is wrong with your Howa. If still you have concerns, you could always visit a gunsmith before shipping it back to the manufacturer.

Reactions: Bigskyguy
Thanks for the replies guys, I don't want to send it back if that's the way it's supposed to be. I'll take it to my friend who's a Smith a see what he thinks. After hearing all the talk of 2 stage triggers I was expecting something magical I guess, lol. It does break pretty nice, if I lighten it up a little I think it'll work for me. Thanks for the help, it's appreciated.

Does anyone know if Howa will start selling the 6.5 PRC in a KRG Bravo stock with a heavy barrel? I sent legacy sports an email but haven't received a response.

Ha, I lightened the HACT in my Howa BA with different sized and clipped actuator and sear springs — my first “stage” now is barely enough to overcome gravity on the trigger itself if the rifle is vertical :ROFLMAO:

I’ve come to like 2 stagers for slower, precision work.

For those of you with the mini, has anyone heard of any manufactures making after market mags? They seem to be the weak spot for the mini actions.

Because pic thread...

Attachments

• 8FF3F0C9-9445-4FC0-AD7D-001A2B065460.jpeg
    8FF3F0C9-9445-4FC0-AD7D-001A2B065460.jpeg
    398.3 KB · Views: 157
For those of you with the mini, has anyone heard of any manufactures making after market mags? They seem to be the weak spot for the mini actions.

Because pic thread...

I haven’t unfortunately, and I’d kill for a quality 3 rounder that was flush fit for my lightweight hunting mini in Grendel.

Southern Cross Small Arms from Australia have a factory option available for 2020 in their chassis via Legacy Sports in 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC

Reactions: stello1001
Is anyone changing barrels at home on these? If so, how do you go about with it? I've never had or done a switch barrel rifle so I literally have no idea where to start. I see some barrel manufacturers are offering howa 1500 prefits. Any info would be appreciated!

Is anyone changing barrels at home on these? If so, how do you go about with it? I've never had or done a switch barrel rifle so I literally have no idea where to start. I see some barrel manufacturers are offering howa 1500 prefits. Any info would be appreciated!

I have a McGowen prefit with howage nut on the way. I've read that it's a PITA to remove the factory barrel but after that you're all good. Here is an article that might help you: https://rifleshooter.com/2017/11/howa-1500-barrel-removal/

Reactions: stello1001