• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I messed up today!

Vargmat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2013
Sweden
So today I went to the range for the first time during my well deserved vacation. It was very windy and we had great trubble to hit the target at 300 meters.
So after a while we gave up and went home. During the obligatory cleaning session afterwards, disaster struck.
My Tikka took a plunge from the table straight down to the floor and landed on the elevation turret on my Vortex PST.
Not only did it make a decent gash in the floor, but it also bent the turret quite bad...

Initial contact with the Vortex dealer tells me that they will cover for my clumsiness. If they do, I'm staying with Vortex for a LONG LONG time.

I'll keep you posted.

Call Vortex, they will send a UPS label and will fix or replace your scope. AT NO CHARGE.

WOW, that is what i call customer service. Did you yell at the wife and tell her it was all her fault it happened?

Hearing about the warranty makes me glad I bought one. Make sure you report back when they fix it OP!

My friends rifle blew off the bench during a cold range and there was nothing he could do but watch as it fell right into his pst. Sent it back to vortex and they fixed it for him no problem.

Thats is impressive. There few manufactures that cover "ooops" under their warranty. Thank you for letting us know

Got the shipping label today, so I was just at the post office to send it of to the distributer.
Talked to one of the swedish Vortex distributer guys this morning and he said that I will most likely get a new scope next week...

So far, the Vortex warranty has been close to being too good to be true.

In before someone says Vortex sucks.

It sounds to me as if Vortex really wants our business.

Keep us posted.

yep and that's me i'm in Australia i have a problem with a viper HS LR 6-24 ffp and the prick here says if i can't find my receipt he doesn't want to know about it

so it's for sale and i'm buying a nightforce NXS i wont go back to them and the aus vortex site even sprouts all that VIP warranty BS not happy.

cheers D

In before someone says Vortex sucks.

It sounds to me as if Vortex really wants our business.

Keep us posted.

Vortex sucks. Just because....

In all seriousness, I've owned more Vortex scopes than any other brand and I'm saving for a Gen II Razor right now. I've only sent one scope back and that was because I thought it wasn't quite as clear as it should've been. They looked through it, agreed with me that clarity was slightly sub-par, and sent me a new scope. Quick turnaround, too. I've also had Vortex send me parts (turret set screws that I stripped and fiber optic bar that fell out). I have yet to be charged for any of this. Great company!

yep and that's me i'm in Australia i have a problem with a viper HS LR 6-24 ffp and the prick here says if i can't find my receipt he doesn't want to know about it

so it's for sale and i'm buying a nightforce NXS i wont go back to them and the aus vortex site even sprouts all that VIP warranty BS not happy.

cheers D

speerchucker,
I sent you a PM.

Best Regards
Scott

speerchucker,
I sent you a PM.

Best Regards
Scott

Assuming that PM was helpful and not "F you Aussie" that speaks really well of Vortex. And I am not a fanboy, the one Vortex I own will be going up for sale soon (through no fault of its own).

cheers D

Wow. They are jerking your chain, hard. That guy does sound like a prick. Take your hard earned money elsewhere, that's all you can do.

NF is a great scope maker, good luck.

I've heard that a few times about the Aussie disty, which is a shame given I am a fan of their products (and have a pair of 4.5-27s ordered).

Last edited:
Scott thank you very much this is what CS should be in OZ , i should have thought

to get in contact with you directly but i have been stewing on it a bit lately...

again thanks

cheers D

This is the aftermath of my mess up. I am still amazed that Vortex takes care of me.

bild%25203.jpg

" speerchucker,
I sent you a PM.

Best Regards
Scott "

Customer Reps take note. This is what people rarely get.

This is the aftermath of my mess up. I am still amazed that Vortex takes care of me.

bild%25203.jpg

Holy shit dude, that's a nice one! That's pretty awesome that they're taking care of you on that. I've always heard good things and recommended them to people looking for a good value scope but that really sets the bar high. I'm saving for a HD2 1-6 for my AR right now. Good to know I won't have to worry about anything.

Wow! What an excellent example of superior customer service. Makes me feel even better about owning 3 scopes and a red dot from Vortex!

Yep, my warm and fuzzy over my first Vortex purchase, a pre-ordered Razor II, just gets warmer and fuzzier.

After the fortune I've spent on other glass, it's going to be ironic that I'll probably end up happiest with the least expensive of my "premium" scopes.

Good on ya, [MENTION=34724]Scott_at_Vortex[/MENTION]

And here it is.

vortex.jpeg

Exactly one week after the incident, and less than one week after I left my messed up scope at the post office.

Thank you Vortex for an outstanding warranty.

And thank you Lightforce (the Swedish Vortex distributer), and also a thank you to George at Astrosweden (the ever helpful dealership).
Without these three, my rifle shooting season would be over.

Last edited: