• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I was out of town and my house was robbed, my guns stolen. Need some help.

hope you get the guns back,

ive always wanted to put together a cheap 223 and keep it loaded with a mag of hot 300blk in case anyone ever steals it..... Wouldnt take long to know who stole it.

Hmmm... Unless the police can nail you for "booby-trapping", you might be on to something...

boobytrapping? so the hell what?

"what if it were some young kids"??? so the hell what, er???

Anyone (young/old/tall/short/male/female/confused/purple/green/sober) caught breaking into my home, stealing my stuff, and/or hurting any member of my family is beneath contempt nor consideration.

Doesn't everyone think this way? Shouldn't they?

I'm a Canadian, but I haven't heard the 'dynamite' story. Could be true though, I haven't met ALL Canadians yet. The week is young though.

Some people learn the hard way. I have some, but little, sympathy for burglars. I used to have a lot more, but have lost most of it. I am now older and wiser.

s

Maggot, I hear you. I don't agree with you anymore, on this topic. There was a time that I did, but with the way 'society' is evolving, I personally don't think that "re-habilitation" is working.

Nor do I see the "prison is a punishment" theory working, either.

The advent of superiors stating "just give them what they want" has been a major part of the demise of acceptability.

I think you and I have similar thoughts on a number of other issues, but this one,,,,, not at all. I am not an advocate of 'wanton killing' (no chinese-food jokes, please) At the same time, I am not an advocate of "work hard, for the betterment of everyone else." There needs to be more responsibility as well as more awareness of the consequences of peoples actions. Be-it the possibility of death, or the possibility of "chain-gang incarceration including hard-labor".... then and only then will we see progress. Simply because, we ain't seeing much right now, are we?

Especially with jails being emptied, simply due to more criminals than beds... there's a problem there.

boobytrapping? so the hell what?

I'm a Canadian, but I haven't heard the 'dynamite' story. Could be true though, I haven't met ALL Canadians yet. The week is young though.

Sean, this occurred in or near Campbell River, B.C.

Maggot, there was a similar break in and booby trapped shot gun years ago in the Midwest. A farmer had various tool sheds in remote areas of his fields. One or more were repeatedly being broken into and goods were being stolen. Farmers generally work very hard for their money, and they do not have extra time to bring all their equipment and tools with them every day. They need tool sheds.

This farmer was quite upset, and initially set the shotgun up to kill the next intruder. His wife convinced him to have the shotgun shoot low so as not to kill. Soon the burglars were back, and a teenager was badly shot in the legs. He did survive, though. I know exactly what it is like to work as hard as you possibly can, and have your tools stolen. Personally I have no sympathy for the wannabe hoodlum who was shot in the legs. Unfortunately the farmer did get in trouble over the matter.

Now we have game cameras, and these are a great way to catch someone. The law will then administer the justice. Still, I am sick and tired of thieves and con artists stealing every chance they get, and have lost most of my compassion for those who do not try to do something with their life.

Maggot,

I would not do it, but I still have little to no sympathy to the punk who was shot in the legs. If I was on the jury deliberating over the farmer's fate, I would go very easy on him.

s

Dont want to start an argument here but most of those contracts are so couched in legalese that you need an attorney to figure them out. Call your attorney. Good luck.

Fuck the attorneys and contracts. Get a fucking lock. The firearm is important for obvious reasons. The rest of the shit he lost they can set on fire. If you can't afford a safe than get some hardware and a little plywood at Home Depot and use a little imagination like a reinforced closet. Most thieves want in an out and will just pass on something that will take a little work to get in. What is on the rise are breakins and the homeowner's firearm being turned on the owner because it wasn't secure to begin with. And ought is an ought. I learned most of my lessons the hard way when I was young too.

locks.jpg