• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes im stuck need opinions

caleb7mm

Nobody
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2010
atlanta, GA
<span style="font-weight: bold">USED</span> NF NXS 3.5-15X50 MLR reticle

<span style="font-weight: bold">NEW</span> Leupold mark 4 6.5-20X50 NON illuminated TMR reticle

<span style="font-weight: bold">same price</span> for either shipped.

to be used on a 308 long range hunting and long range target rifle. I have never owned a high end scope before. I want to spend my money wisely.

any opinions welcome. I have read 10 billion reviews and watched all the youtube videos. I have looked through a leupold and I have shot a gun with a NXS. The glass on either im good with, the reticles on both im good with. I just dont know if im ok buying used or not. This is a lot of money for me to be spending right now so I want to be 100% on my purchase.

thanks!

caleb

Re: im stuck need opinions

NF just because it's more reliable. I shoot competitions with a guy that recently sold off 4 Leupolds because of the fact he couldn't count on them. All had been back in the shop at least once.

Good luck,
Merritt

Sounds like you are skirting the $1100-$1200 range. Leupold glass simply looks yellow to me. The NF is better. Just my tastes, but I like German glass more and would also consider a used IOR at that price point.

I would vote for the NF, and especially if it has mil adjustments. But also a 3.5-15, IMHO is much more usable mag range for a 308.

IMO Nightforce for there durability and there clarity, I have both and hands down Nightforce----also if your still looking I just picked up a Sightron SIII, not as durable as the Nightforce but glass is up there in clarity. Just my 2 cents.

NightForce for sure. Good thing is if you buy one for 1200 now give it a try and sell it in a year for 1200. Free Field Test. Cant do that with leupold.

i'd go with the leupold , they have a lifetime warranty. NF will charge you if your scope is busted. Maybe if the NF came with zerostops. There isn't really a signficant difference in quality of glass. They'll both track good enough.

why would you want 3.5x zoom for long range shooting ?