• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact Precision Actions

His post on here occurred minutes after he called and demanded to be made an Impact dealer despite the fact that we have a waiting list for new dealers.

That is not true, he never wanted to be an IMPACT DEALER that was clearly stated.

He wanted to know some technical information, he had customers requesting Impact Builds as he has used Surgeon in the past. He was looking to find out some information about the differences with between Surgeon.

Anyone who knows Tac Ops or Mike knows he is NOT A DEALER nor was he looking to be a dealer.

Tate said he had no interest in doing business with Mike which pissed him off as he was asking as a gunsmith looking to do a few builds for his customers. he is known to be a bit anal-retentive with his Tac Ops Builds so he wanted to get technical

Mike called several times never to be a dealer, but trying to find out more about the specs on the actions. When they refused to return his call he got pissed.

That is not true, he never wanted to be an IMPACT DEALER that was clearly stated.

He wanted to know some technical information, he had customers requesting Impact Builds as he has used Surgeon in the past. He was looking to find out some information about the differences with between Surgeon.

Anyone who knows Tac Ops or Mike knows he is NOT A DEALER nor was he looking to be a dealer.

Tate said he had no interest in doing business with Mike which pissed him off as he was asking as a gunsmith looking to do a few builds for his customers. he is known to be a bit anal-retentive with his Tac Ops Builds so he wanted to get technical

Mike called several times never to be a dealer, but trying to find out more about the specs on the actions. When they refused to return his call he got pissed.

That sounds more like the Mike R that I know

Reactions: Raufoss
I can tell you exactly what the question was, it has nothing to do with being a dealer, it was more an inletting question regarding stocks.

They are trying to paint Mike as the bad guy here, which is the furthest from the truth. They refused to return his call, they never put him through to the guys after 3 calls, so after the 4th call or so, when he was told his business was unwelcome, he posted.

I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM...SORRY GENTLEMEN NOT MY CUP OF TEA...

Mike R
Tac Ops

Check out Lone Peak Fuzion for your customers. Very similar features to Impact, but by all accounts who've had their hand on both Impact and LP, they've preferred the LP Fuzion.

I wouldn't mind a LP TacOps...

Reactions: 5RWill
They are trying to paint Mike as the bad guy here, which is the furthest from the truth.

Mike would never have been brought up in this thread at all until he posted what he did. I guess he’s trying to stay relevant, and I get that. But if you don’t want Impact supporters to call out the obvious shit stirring, he shouldn’t post it.

Well we know it’s a 700 footprint... and last time I checked tac ops beds their stocks. So what could he possibly need to know that a pair of calipers wouldn’t tell him?

There’s always two sides of the story but regardless it’s a private company and they can choose who and who not to do business with as they please for whatever reason.

The bolt stop vs the Surgeon, whether the Stock would fit, and what it would LOOK LIKE as in would he need to epoxy and fix, something he would not do.

He did not have the Impact in front of him, so how would he measure it?

So he wanted specs and to talk to them. he had no used one. If the customer sent an Impact they would have to do the Tac Ops method and work to a New Stock as he had some inletted for Surgeon

They are also not paying members on the site, but yet we have a 14 page thread they are clearly making sales off of.

Mike would never have been brought up in this thread at all until he posted what he did. I guess he’s trying to stay relevant, and I get that. But if you don’t want Impact supporters to call out the obvious shit stirring, he shouldn’t post it.

I have a fix for this .... it's called delete the thread

I can tell you exactly what the question was, it has nothing to do with being a dealer, it was more an inletting question regarding stocks.

They are trying to paint Mike as the bad guy here, which is the furthest from the truth. They refused to return his call, they never put him through to the guys after 3 calls, so after the 4th call or so, when he was told his business was unwelcome, he posted.

Frank.
I'm not trying to paint Mike as a bad guy. I only heard one side of the story just like you and it sounds like they were quite different. Our receptionist passes tech questions on every day and we answer them so I'm not sure why this would have been different. I have nothing against Mike. I sold actions to him when I was with Surgeon. I'll respect his choice to look elsewhere and will follow up with our receptionist regarding classification of calls. Thanks.

Lots of Great Actions out there,

Podium statements are meaningless, it's a tiny pond of closed-minded people who follow each other with the latest trends every day and will change their minds faster than I change my socks. Big fucking deal who wins with what action, an action is a delivery device not much more.

This week it is impact, last week was defiance, next week Curtis is up, the week after that will be Bob's Action after he hands out a dozen to the "Pros"

Ego trip anyone?

It speaks volumes when a heavy hitter like Tac Ops doesn't want to do business with you.

With the egos here, on display, and garbage being aired on a public forum, it definitely speaks volumes. I'm not sure in the same way you're implying. I don't have a dog in this fight, but I see a capslock post, and then reasonable posts. Shit happens, it's how you deal with it that matters.

Not that I WANT to be in the middle of this, but this is SH, I will say I read a few things on FB that, for lack of a better word, implied some pretty disrespectful shit my way which I felt was uncalled for... I will just leave it at that because, in a rare moment of, whatever, I ignored it.

While I get there are two sides to a story, Mike does not talk in shorthand, if anything he shares way too much. There are no short Mike phone calls and he called me asking if I knew who ran Impact because he felt his words were not being represented correctly. He really wanted this to work and hoping for a resolution. He felt disrespected for asking a legit question in his mind. Clearly, he made more than one phone call and none were answered.

I am attempting to be somewhat diplomatic, but i am in no mood, between the BS in the Prime thread and my phone blowing up while I am trying to teach a class and entertain my students here in Alaska, my first reaction would be delete everything. it does me no favors either way.

If you really want to talk egos, I can give you a short and impactful show in about 30 seconds now that I have better access.

I’m glad this added a bit of context. I was wondering why MikeR said that. I’m glad I continued reading. As for the guy that said mike needed to stay relevant, huge doubt there. I don’t think anyone builds a field rifle as accurate as him.

LL, when will you have him (MikeR) on the podcast? Waiting for him and Neil Morris

Reactions: HogsLife
On topic, I had the rifle back out at the range today. There was a good bit of dust and wind (the type we've all had gum up our actions in the past) and I had zero issues. I've switched to using Hornady One Shot on just about everything I own aside from Garands and some of the German roller designs (MG42, G3s, etc) which do want grease, and I'm sure that helped.

I'm really happy with the lack of binding on this action even when I'm in odd positions and running the bolt in non-ideal ways due to positioning. Having long arms makes for some awkward bolt throws sometimes!

The only issue I'm having right now is with the feed lips on my mags binding the on the rounds in the mag. Ordered a tool to fix the feed lips and hoping that solves my issues.

The only issue I'm having right now is with the feed lips on my mags binding the on the rounds in the mag. Ordered a tool to fix the feed lips and hoping that solves my issues.

I had to tune my Accurate-Mags but now they strip rounds like butter. I found the feed lips from the factory was rough so I took a case and wrapped it with sandpaper and sanded the feed lips with 300 to 1500 grit to polish them. Also, I bent the spring until it was just right. From the factory, it was a battle to fit 9 rounds

I had to tune my Accurate-Mags but now they strip rounds like butter. I found the feed lips from the factory was rough so I took a case and wrapped it with sandpaper and sanded the feed lips with 300 to 1500 grit to polish them. Also, I bent the spring until it was just right. From the factory, it was a battle to fit 9 rounds

I stick with AICS mags and I’ve never tuned one. I’ve run over 15,000 rounds of BR-based ammo (BRA) through all 3 of mine and have literally never had a misfeed. And I also paid full retail for my actions. No one is paying me to tell you they feed well.

I've got accurate mags and they all function fine stock. I have the feed lip tool and have had zero reason to use it. I do have the binderless version, if it matters. I load them up to 10 and go, never a problem.

I stick with AICS mags and I’ve never tuned one. I’ve run over 15,000 rounds of BR-based ammo (BRA) through all 3 of mine and have literally never had a misfeed. And I also paid full retail for my actions. No one is paying me to tell you they feed well.

Good to know I might have to try the AI mags. Are you using a spacer kit in your mag?

I love my action its smooth as butter I didn't mean to say it was a problem of the action. I think it was just my mag. MDT 12 round works out of the box

Good to know I might have to try the AI mags. Are you using a spacer kit in your mag?

I love my action its smooth as butter I didn't mean to say it was a problem of the action. I think it was just my mag. MDT 12 round works out of the box

I do use a spacer kit but there are some shooters that don’t. If not, you’ll want to push the round forward 1/2” or so as you place it in the mag.

Reactions: Tony1320
For those of you using TT Diamonds, what trigger hanger are you using? With the “0”, I’m getting cocked on open, a partial uncocking as I start to cam, followed by full recocking as I fully close the bolt.

For those of you using TT Diamonds, what trigger hanger are you using? With the “0”, I’m getting cocked on open, a partial uncocking as I start to cam, followed by full recocking as I fully close the bolt.

That's how it works. 0 is the correct hanger.

I do use a spacer kit but there are some shooters that don’t. If not, you’ll want to push the round forward 1/2” or so as you place it in the mag.
I'm using no spacer kits in MDT, AICS, Accurate, and ARC mags with my Impact shooting 6BR. Haven't had feed issues yet, with one exception when I dropped two magazines on one stage into the dirt and gummed them up from the inside.

Funny enough I actually tap the magazines against my thigh to seat the rounds all the way to the rear of the magazine.

It's a 50/50 cock on close action. The 0 trigger hangar is correct, and you will always feel that re-cocking when you close the bolt along with a very slight de-cocking when the trigger's sear first engages with the bolt.

Has anyone dropped an Impact into a Cadex Field Competition chassis with any issues worth talking about ?

Attachments

• 28A38ECCEB84E6F5AB7AC62AF1B3A88866E9004C.jpg
    28A38ECCEB84E6F5AB7AC62AF1B3A88866E9004C.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 66
Question on ejection. My brass keep hitting the action behind the ejection port.

Is that normal? Had the chance to ask one other guy at the local match with an Impact and he said his doesn’t do it.

That deflection behind the port is normal..theres two things you can do if you dont want brass to ruin the finish..
First, weaken you plunger/ejector springs..just enough to eject fired brass.
Second, (its what ive been using) velcro or any single sided stick tape like below photo
20190812_171005.jpg

Reactions: RAWHDE
Has anybody weighed this action? I can't find the weight anywhere for action/bolt only.

Frank has done lost it if he ever thinks a Curtis action is gonna be at the top of podiums.
I presume you mean that in jest.

As two of the top shooters in NRL/PRS run Curtis actions (Vibbert/Pynch).

They are paid to use them you realize...

LOL, Really? A pro shooter is being paid to use an action and label all of their gear and shirts with "Curtis"? The thought never crossed my mind that they were being paid, LOL.

However, that does not negate my rebuttal to the poster, which is Curtis actions are on the top of the podium.

And before you label me a fan boy... I don't personally care for Curtis or their products. The fact that they had bolts peening the rear of the action to the point that your couldn't remove the bolt out was enough for me to say "No thanks". Their reaction to the complaint ("Just take a file to it") put me over the top.

ETA: When I last heard an update on the above problem the informed the owner (my shooting partner), that they had updated the design to prevent the peening on the Axiom action.

Last edited:
They are paid to use them you realize...
Well now they are being used.

What's more informative than someone maybe kinda using an action somewhere in their training but getting paid to say they use it is a bunch of top shooters using an action and paying full retail because it's the best.

I still can't get over how I can run an Impact with 1 finger or how guys running Impacts never seem to have feeding issues.

While I don't have a lot of trigger time behind my impacts, I've only come up with one real complaint. I wish the bolt knob had some texture to it. It's so smooth that I find my hand sliding off of it when trying to run it fast. The bolt will slide forward before I can grab the bolt knob.

I wound up putting grip tape around it.

I just put together an impact with a razor 2 on top. The bolt knob is very close to the scope. Is there anything I can do or should I just run it until I get used to it.
Tenebrex scope caps BTW.

Get used to it, I sweep up from underneath and pull it towards me, don't reach over the top of knob. Or you can buy a higher scope mount.

Reactions: Changed
I just put together an impact with a razor 2 on top. The bolt knob is very close to the scope. Is there anything I can do or should I just run it until I get used to it.
Tenebrex scope caps BTW.
Like sleeplz said, the only way to get the knob further away would be to use higher scope mounts.

Having owned (and still do own) high end actions such as the Multiple Defiance deviants, Curtis axiom, bighorn tl3, Accuracy International... the Impact sets itself apart. The timing of the action is the best. Only a custom benchrest can perhaps be similar. It’s Soooo effortless to cycle the bolt. Cocking on closing can be self timed and is so minimal compared to other actions. Mine is paired with a foundation and Hawkins bottom metal, shooting 6 dasher. It’s crazy how smooth you will feed a round. Not a single action I’ve cycled has been that smooth when actually cycling a round.

Many people cycle their bolts and say, wow that’s smooth, and I’ll tell you all the actions I’ve owned and still own listed above I still have that impression; but, the impact action you will say, “wow that was sooo smooth”. Some of the other above listed actions will still have stuttering when advancing the bolt to pick up a round and while still smooth they are not impact smooth.

A buddy of mine whom never fired bolt guns just ARs and handguns, cycled all of my actions and I kept my mouth shut. He picked the impact as being the smoothest.

One feature that people need to be aware of is that the trigger hanger does limit what chassis can work. MPA no problem, JAE new versions no problem, the KRG whiskey 3 the low profile button head trigger hanger screws are needed, and even then I had to take my mag well bolt out. I’m sure I can find a low profile one but chose not too Bc it didn’t make a difference. The AI chassis will need inletting. Just an FYI... I decided to not mess around and go with the foundation stock. I guarantee you won’t regret it and you won’t see people sell their foundation, Bc they are super awesome!
I just got an Ai At chassis for Rem700, can I drop this action into it without any modifacition? cheers

Let’s see here, how do I word this without it coming across as “what’s my favorite color” question?

So let me ask the questions this way. What does the impaction action (options/design) have over the tl3? Or what does the tl3 (options/design) have over the impact? I’m currently running the origin and really like. I love the options it comes with and feel pre-fit barrels are a must for my shooting needs. A questions I do have about the impact action is, if I want to change between multiple calibers can I buy different bolt bodies? Does impaction even sell just the bolt bodies?

They are both around the same price point. They both accept profit barrels. They are both proven and are used by some of the best shooters in the county. I would really appreciate the uncut input from guys that have ran both of them or that still do! Thanks!

Let’s see here, how do I word this without it coming across as “what’s my favorite color” question?

So let me ask the questions this way. What does the impaction action (options/design) have over the tl3? Or what does the tl3 (options/design) have over the impact? I’m currently running the origin and really like. I love the options it comes with and feel pre-fit barrels are a must for my shooting needs. A questions I do have about the impact action is, if I want to change between multiple calibers can I buy different bolt bodies? Does impaction even sell just the bolt bodies?

They are both around the same price point. They both accept profit barrels. They are both proven and are used by some of the best shooters in the county. I would really appreciate the uncut input from guys that have ran both of them or that still do! Thanks!

Impact will sell bolts separately. Call Tate Streater at Impact and he will take care of you.

My take on the other features are this:
Impact has trigger hangers. This makes it much easier to optimize trigger timing and by doing this the bolt lift is optimized. The same thing can be accomplished on a Bighorn TL3 but not as easily. Material has to be removed from the cocking piece on the bolt. When both are timed correctly and have the same length bolt handle the bolt lift feels basically the same to me.

Controlled round feed on my TL3's has been awesome. I run just regular Magpul 10 round AICS mags with no mag kits for 6 Dasher and 22 BR. The feeding is flawless. I have run them in multiple 2 day and one day matches without ever having feeding issues. My only experience with Impact Actions are on other people's guns. They usually have mag kits installed to run the short cartridges. Their guns run flawless as well.

Both companies are known to have awesome customer service.

Either choice is a good choice. If you can't win with one you won't win with the other. Pick one and be happy.