• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact Precision Actions

Has oil/grease been discussed in this thread? About to get mine and put it together. What are you guys using?

Has oil/grease been discussed in this thread? About to get mine and put it together. What are you guys using?
Copper anti-seize grease for the barrel, Rem Oil for the bolt, and some Gun Butter for the locking lugs is what I've been using. Works well so far.

What makes Impact so much different from the other actions out there in the same bracket?

It doesn't ever puke on you, you can run it with your pinkie and barrels ship to your door.

Those qualities are not unique to the Impact. There's certainly a few others that do all of the above.

However, having on the shelf shouldered barrel pre-fits ready to go is a nice advantage that not many other actions enjoy.

Does anybody know if there are any plans for a medium or long action? I've got a short-action and I love it, but might be interested in another in long action at some point in the future for the ELR stuff.

Those qualities are not unique to the Impact. There's certainly a few others that do all of the above.

However, having on the shelf shouldered barrel pre-fits ready to go is a nice advantage that not many other actions enjoy.
Exactly. There's quite a few actions on the market that check some of the boxes on a modern wish list. There's a shorter list that check ALL the boxes.

Is anyone running magazines with no binder plate in these actions in 6.5mm Creemoor? I've got a 737r on order that will be going in a MPA competition chassis, and I'm debating the binder vs. no-binder plate magazines (Accurate brand). I don't want to have to notch feed ramps, but would prefer the longer COAL without binder plate for loading solids. If it's going to come at the expense of reliability for things like 147gr/143gr eld-m/eld-x though, I'll just get the binder magazines. I saw post talking about this:

but that was for 6BR with a spacer kit, and another two that weren't cartridge specific:

Would that indicate with 6.5mm CM it'll be no issue for factory ammunition as well as longer handloads? That's how I'm reading it, but would like to confirm before I buy a bunch of magazines that won't work. Hands-on experience would be awesome! Thanks.

I'm running MDT mags with NO binder plate in my Impact action, 6.5Creed with 140 Berger Hybrids loaded longer. Work great.

I'm running MDT mags with NO binder plate in my Impact action, 6.5Creed with 140 Berger Hybrids loaded longer. Work great.

Got mine out with the Accurate mags without binder plate and shot everything from 120s to 147s without issue. Thank you for all the feedback, hopefully it is helpful to others making this decision as well!

Exactly. There's quite a few actions on the market that check some of the boxes on a modern wish list. There's a shorter list that check ALL the boxes.

Would appreciate that list.

CRF, integral rail and lug, prefits, changeable bolt heads, and good customer service are on my wish list. I suppose I could live without a few, but those are the boxes I would like to check. Runs AW magazines would be a plus.

Anything else I should be adding?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

CRF, integral rail and lug, prefits, changeable bolt heads, and good customer service are on my wish list. I suppose I could live without a few, but those are the boxes I would like to check. Runs AW magazines would be a plus.

Thanks in advance.

If you want CRF, the Impact isn't in the running for you. Same for the bolt heads, the Impact is a new bolt for every bolt face size. Grab a Bighorn TL3, great company full of great people and a great action. That's the only one I have experience with that checks most of those boxes. There are others, I just haven't had my hands on them. The rail isn't integral, but everything else fits, and the CS is top-notch. Enjoy!

FWIW, I preferred the feel of the Impact 737r to the TL3, even though I wanted CRF on paper. I don't mind the extra cost of the bolt vs. bolt-head since it's a one time purchase, so that wasn't a factor for me. The feel was worth the loss of CRF to me, but that's a personal choice. I'm not sure CRF really adds much for anything I'd ever be doing with my rifle. Maybe on a dangerous game rifle, but even then, I'm not sure it's better any longer. Push feeds have improved significantly over the years, and you don't hear of ejector failures very often, nor extraction problems, unless shooting VERY hot reloads/bad ammo. I also trained enough to avoid double-stroking the action or other operations that can lead to jams that CRF prevents. This coming from a _huge_ fan of 98k Mausers.

I'm not trying to convince you to shy away from your desires, just attempting to provide perspective that there are compromises you can make on that list which open up your selection a bit more. You can't go wrong with an Impact or a Bighorn with CS or quality of action, and both will be just as accurate.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.
There's one deviant ELITE for sell here.its crf integrated rail and lug..it feed very smoth and works with AW and any aics center feed mags...
"I know coz it was my action"

Thanks in advance.

Bighorn TL3 or ARC Mausingfield. The Mausingfield's rail is not integral, but it's keyed so you never have to worry about it coming loose.

Both actions you can order barrels without a gunsmith having to see your specific action. Out of the two, I really like the Mausingfield. With a properly timed trigger, the action feels just as good as the best push feeds out there, with a light bolt lift and super light bolt close. I wanted to really like the TL3 as it's got a great feature set, but didn't like how the bolt felt - really sloppy, especially when fully at the rear. Others love that action, so I wouldn't let my anecdotal experience deter you.

Take a look at those two actions. If it doesn't have to be CRF, then I would also consider Lone Peak Fuzion and Impact.

I have mine put together, got the ZCO 5-27 in yesterday. It's shooting quite well, I'm averaging .39" CTC 5-shot groups (shot 4 of them today after sighting in) with 147gr factory Hornady ELD-M, and this is only my second box of ammunition. I'm sure I'll get more accuracy out of it with reloads and once I get more familiar with the feel of the rifle.

MPA Competition (folder)
Impact 737r
TriggerTech Diamond
MullerWorks barrel chambered by Altus (M24/40 24" in 6.5mm Creedmoor)
ZCO 5-27 in Spuhr 6601 (~40MOA total with the Impact's 20MOA rail + 6mil from the Spuhr)
AADMOUNT scope caps
Atlas CAL v2
SiCo Saker762 w/ Area419 adapter + Hellfire mount (TBAC Ultra 7 in jail)
Accurate binder-less magazines

19.6lbs without magazine - definitely not a hunting rifle!

Could someone share the print for the barrel tenon to machine a bbl blank for a impact precision prefit? Thanks!

Could someone share the print for the barrel tenon to machine a bbl blank for a impact precision prefit? Thanks!
Here ya go. 1-1/16-16 3a thread. .705/.150 counterbore. .950 headspace.
Any competent gunsmith can chamber your barrel for an Impact, so no you do not have to stick with Impact for new barrels. That is just another convenient option. Impact keeps chambered barrels in stock in popular match and hunting calibers. These chambered barrels are called “Impact by Stuteville”. This allows the end user to order an in stock chambered barrel and have it shipped to his door for them to install themselves.

Not a print but remembered reading awhile back.

Reactions: gnochi
I have mine put together, got the ZCO 5-27 in yesterday. It's shooting quite well, I'm averaging .39" CTC 5-shot groups (shot 4 of them today after sighting in) with 147gr factory Hornady ELD-M, and this is only my second box of ammunition. I'm sure I'll get more accuracy out of it with reloads and once I get more familiar with the feel of the rifle.

MPA Competition (folder)
Impact 737r
TriggerTech Diamond
MullerWorks barrel chambered by Altus (M24/40 24" in 6.5mm Creedmoor)
ZCO 5-27 in Spuhr 6601 (~40MOA total with the Impact's 20MOA rail + 6mil from the Spuhr)
AADMOUNT scope caps
Atlas CAL v2
SiCo Saker762 w/ Area419 adapter + Hellfire mount (TBAC Ultra 7 in jail)
Accurate binder-less magazines

19.6lbs without magazine - definitely not a hunting rifle!

View attachment 7099881

Have you measured a group without the Saker attached? Just curious.

Have you measured a group without the Saker attached? Just curious.

No. I can if you'd like, but I'm not sure it'd make any difference. I've never had factory ammunition shoot much better than that in any rifle I've owned. The smallest 5-shot group was 0.3275" CTC, and keep in mind, this rifle has 53 rounds downrange, and I shot the groups with only a magazine swap in-between each set of two, effectively a ten shot group, just on two different POA so I could measure them independently as I was sighting in at the same time. It also wasn't slow-fire, this was 5 rounds with at most 5 seconds inbetween, enough time for the scope to settle and me to take a breath and hold halfway.

I'll be out at my 1760yd range later and shoot some groups on steel at distances that matter, 100yds isn't really my area of interest.

I'll slap on the Hellfire brake next time I'm at the range and give it a go, but I suspect it'll just be a POI shift. What are your thoughts? I'm curious what you're thinking.

Last edited:
For you guys that are shooting a 6.5 PRC, have you ran into any issues with an impact and accurate wsm mag combo?

Also, does anyone have any insight into whether or not we will see a long action in late FY 19 or early FY 20?

Thanks in advance.

For you guys that are shooting a 6.5 PRC, have you ran into any issues with an impact and accurate wsm mag combo?

Also, does anyone have any insight into whether or not we will see a long action in late FY 19 or early FY 20?

Thanks in advance.
I don’t have any first hand exp with the accurate wsm mags but I have ran a modified aics mag without issues.

As far as long action, they are on the table but there is no date to give on when to expect them. Right now all efforts are keeping up with SA receivers and getting the Titan (Titanium) out and going. The Titan is very close so long actions won’t be to far after that, but Impact is not gonna set an expectation date as of yet on them.

Reactions: Joezone and vol375

I don’t have any first hand exp with the accurate wsm mags but I have ran a modified aics mag without issues.

As far as long action, they are on the table but there is no date to give on when to expect them. Right now all efforts are keeping up with SA receivers and getting the Titan (Titanium) out and going. The Titan is very close so long actions won’t be to far after that, but Impact is not gonna set an expectation date as of yet on them.

Thank you for clarity on the LAs. That's enormously helpful.

I have heard great things about these actions and was interested in speaking with them. I called and spoke to a very nice lady left my information twice slowly as the individual that could have answered my questions was not in.

I'm still waiting for a return call...:oops:

Mike R.
Tac Ops

Reactions: JeffLebowski
I have heard great things about these actions and was interested in speaking with them. I called and spoke to a very nice lady left my information twice slowly as the individual that could have answered my questions was not in.

I'm still waiting for a return call...:oops:

Mike R.
Tac Ops
I would email them he usually answered within a day or so whenever I emailed a question.

Roger that I called again yesterday and spoke with the woman I originally left my message with last week and she stated " He hasn't gotten back to you yet ? I stated no mam and she said that she will pull his shirt tail hard Monday morning as he was heading to a match...

Looking forward to speaking with him and getting one in my hands ;)

Mike R.

Roger that I called again yesterday and spoke with the woman I originally left my message with last week and she stated " He hasn't gotten back to you yet ? I stated no mam and she said that she will pull his shirt tail hard Monday morning as he was heading to a match...

Looking forward to speaking with him and getting one in my hands ;)

Mike R.

Could it be? An impact with Mikes voodoo?

Reactions: duramaxed
I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM...SORRY GENTLEMEN NOT MY CUP OF TEA...

Mike R
Tac Ops

Reactions: S12A
I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM...SORRY GENTLEMEN NOT MY CUP OF TEA...

Mike R
Tac Ops
I get that your unhappy about something with Impact, either something happened with their customer service or you dont think their action lives up to the hype ? Could you please elaborate a little context with your hatred ?

Reactions: Rokfor2K
I received top notch customer service in several dealings with Impact. I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to do business with them again.

Reactions: generalzip
Same. The guys there respond within a day and even shipped me a heavier firing pin for free because of the shit primers I had. I own three of their actions and wouldn’t hesitate for a 4th

Reactions: DaveM
You don't like insanely well machined, accurate, feature rich, reliable actions? Hmm maybe you should try Remington actions...

almost well machined. It will earn that title when they stop delivering action with shitty tool mark on the bolt face...I still don't get it why they leave it uncoated...

almost well machined. It will earn that title when they stop delivering action with shitty tool mark on the bolt face...I still don't get it why they leave it uncoated...

Tolerances man. Why do you think every impact action headspaces exactly the damn same and they make pre-fits for them? When you start throwing DLC or other surface coatings to a bolt face you can change the headspace depending on how thick the coating goes on. Only way to control it is to have it machined and leave it. Granted a well controlled coating process can be very consistent but I guess their take is why mess with it when they know they can machine it perfectly every time. Also I can’t really see any advantage for a coating on a boltface anyway?

What on earth does not having a coated bolt face have to do with how well it’s machined anyway?

Last edited:
Tolerances man. Why do you think every impact action headspaces exactly the damn same and they make pre-fits for them? When you start throwing DLC or other surface coatings to a bolt face you can change the headspace depending on how thick the coating goes on. Only way to control it is to have it machined and leave it.

What on earth does not having a coated bolt face have to do with how well it’s machined anyway?
I love the naked boltface

Its so much easier to clean :)

I get that your unhappy about something with Impact, either something happened with their customer service or you dont think their action lives up to the hype ? Could you please elaborate a little context with your hatred ?
His post on here occurred minutes after he called and demanded to be made an Impact dealer despite the fact that we have a waiting list for new dealers.