• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact Precision Actions

How much are the Gradous barrels? I tried to figure out the website. Gave up pretty quick

Can’t wait for tax returns lol will order the next day they come In
That's why I placed my order in advance knowing the lead time, so that it'll all coincide nicely with tax time.

"What do you mean I just spent $1,400, it's still in my bank account. The IRS must've really skimped me out this year though..."

Reactions: AverageGrunt
Looking forward to your new website Robert! We do more Impact prefits than any other action out there combined. I think I even enjoy doing an Impact tennon more than the other because I know it will be right every time whereas with some of the others you'll see some pretty crazy variances from action to action which makes our job of sending you a prefit much harder than it should be.

I am waiting on my Impact receiver right now. Its sort of a unicorn. I already have both barrels spun up and waiting to be screwed on to it. Both barrels are benchmarks- .308 Win and 6BRA. It will go in a KRG W3. Currently topped with a Tangent Theta but considering trying the ZCO.

Reactions: Robert Gradous
We do most every pre fit,, on your blank or ours. When we start keeping them instock they will be at gunsmithdirect.com (It is not open yet). Fluting, caps,bolt knobs,brakes and floormetal and other smithing supplies also.
Sorry for the unusable website at gradousrifles.com.
I’ll be calling you very soon my action should be here in the next week or so along with my barrel. I’ll prolly just run them up there to you, I’m less than 70 miles from you, and also have some small things on two other rifles I need addressed that hopefully you can help me out on
Thanks
Alex

Reactions: Robert Gradous
I’ll be calling you very soon my action should be here in the next week or so along with my barrel. I’ll prolly just run them up there to you, I’m less than 70 miles from you, and also have some small things on two other rifles I need addressed that hopefully you can help me out on
Thanks
Alex
Sounds good, looking forward to seeing you.

What trigger hanger should be used with Triggertech triggers? My action came two marked "-0-" and "(-15)", what do these #s mean? I tried both and there is a very noticeable "catch" in the bolt close using both, can't really tell the difference between the two but it doesn't feel smooth at all. Am testing on just the action itself not sure if having a barrel on will matter at all. Sorry if this is a stupid question I'm new :)

Maybe I am installing the hanger backward? The # is engraved on the side of the hanger that has a noticeable "notch" cut into it. I assumed this goes on the safety side but figure it's the same either way for RH and LH actions. Pic below is how I have it setup.
KWOuG5Ul.jpg

neOhJ5al.jpg

Last edited:
What trigger hanger should be used with Triggertech triggers? My action came two marked "-0-" and "(-15)", what do these #s mean? I tried both and there is a very noticeable "catch" in the bolt close using both, can't really tell the difference between the two but it doesn't feel smooth at all. Am testing on just the action itself not sure if having a barrel on will matter at all. Sorry if this is a stupid question I'm new :)

Maybe I am installing the hanger backward? The # is engraved on the side of the hanger that has a noticeable "notch" cut into it. I assumed this goes on the safety side but figure it's the same either way for RH and LH actions. Pic below is how I have it setup.
KWOuG5Ul.jpg

neOhJ5al.jpg
We have ours all on the -15 without issues but the “catch” on the bolt closing is kinda annoying playing with the action but can’t tell when your actually running it.

It does feel odd though felling a hard stop you have to push past.

We have ours all on the -15 without issues but the “catch” on the bolt closing is kinda annoying playing with the action but can’t tell when your actually running it.

It does feel odd though felling a hard stop you have to push past.
Hmm, interesting... this feels way different than my deviant. I can barely feel a catch on that action, it's much less pronounced even if close it super slow, comparing it right now on the table the impact definitely notches on close a lot more. No biggie just making sure what I was feeling was normal. Maybe once I throw it in the chassis and get a tube on it the whole dynamics of it will feel different lol.

Action is smooth...! Didn't really notice the catch on bolt close as Kadams1563 stated. Pic from a couple days ago running some test loads. Definitely need to go higher on the charge.

G18JXKp.jpg

Reactions: Ripdog28
Dropped mine off at Gradous’s this past Saturday, can’t wait to shoot it! This is gonna be my new dedicated hunting rig

Attachments

• EC64E3F0-6DB9-4E57-A9FC-8ECF7F036F4D.jpeg
    EC64E3F0-6DB9-4E57-A9FC-8ECF7F036F4D.jpeg
    344.7 KB · Views: 269
  • 53B63148-74E6-47C4-9CB1-CB80C750207C.jpeg
    53B63148-74E6-47C4-9CB1-CB80C750207C.jpeg
    590.5 KB · Views: 275
Well I just put an order on one from A.S.S. Can’t wait to compare to my Nucleus. Any ideas on where to purchase an action wrench?

Impact Precision has had them available (factory/website direct) in the past. Not sure of current availability.
Submoaparts.com (aka Robert Gradous) has had them too. Not sure how current either are on the websites.
Probably would be best to call.

Anyone use possum hollow bore guides for their impact? I have mine chambered in 6.5 creedmoor and for the life of me I can't figure out which one of the possum hollow guides is the correct fit.

I emailed Lucas and never got a response....someone said he may be out of business?
Just emailed an order for 2 more last week and he replied they will go out next week. In your email tell him what action,caliber, and what caliber rod you will be using that’s it, don’t rattle on just order. I have been ordering from him for yrs. be sure to supply all your mailing info as well

Anyone have any insider information when impact will release their lapua/Norma action?
Not sure what you’re referring to when you say Lapua/Norma action...what rumors have you heard. Latest stuff they’re doing is the titanium action and more recently the left handed action.

^^^
I spoke to someone in the company after shot show and they mentioned a lapua release this year.

Finally got mine in after not having quite enough funds at the time the came back in stock.

My ffl guy likes to play jokes...hence the sticker ???

Im gonna enjoy reppin my fellow Oklahomans. Now I gotta decide on KRG or Foundation (more of them Oklahoma boys)

Attachments

• 20190320_195019.jpg
    20190320_195019.jpg
    846.1 KB · Views: 276
  • 20190320_195235.jpg
    20190320_195235.jpg
    610.7 KB · Views: 276
Finally got mine in after not having quite enough funds at the time the came back in stock.

Im gonna enjoy reppin my fellow Oklahomans. Now I gotta decide on KRG or Foundation (more of them Oklahoma boys)

Definitely go with the Foundation!

I read somewhere they call it the Oklahoman lol (Impact precision action and Foundation stock)

Reactions: Jcarpenter223

Lol!

Definitely go with the Foundation!

I read somewhere they call it the Oklahoman lol (Impact precision action and Foundation stock)
My buddy has one. It is STOUT!
Forgot to add that pic too.

Ive been a customer there at his shop since they first opened. Bought about 12 guns from him over the years.

When it was delivered and had to be checked in he said he thought to himself as he was putting the stickers on "I hope this is the Jared Carpenter I think it is". Lol i typically have pistols or semi auto rifles come in, this is the first bolt action

Attachments

• 20190320_190559.jpg
    20190320_190559.jpg
    643.4 KB · Views: 171
I have been spending far too many hours researching top of the line actions/rifles since getting back on the hide. I talked myself out of the axmc sale and I am now waiting for the Impact barreled action in 6.5CM with TT Diamond to arrive at my LGS. Foundation Genesis is 8-10 weeks out. Next step is to decide on glass.

Thats all ive done since joining the hide. I had the funds to either get an action, chassis or glass. I figured id get the action now and figure out the rest during the shooting season.
I have been kicking myself for selling the Surgeon I had built almost a decade ago before the restructuring. I was a broke college kid and needed the money as I had a wife and young one. Now, I still have the wife and several kids, I am no longer a broke student and she is supportive of me getting another custom put together. I am finally shooting well enough with my 700 aac/sd with vortex pst to justify jumping up to the rarified atmosphere of top of the line gear as I continue working on taking my skillset to the next level.

I’ll add this pic...never been so obsessed with a rifle. Finally through trail and error.

Attachments

• 9ECCDAA7-737E-418F-AC84-A1D77D028DE3.jpeg
    9ECCDAA7-737E-418F-AC84-A1D77D028DE3.jpeg
    597.5 KB · Views: 226
  • 7ECF2EAF-F290-4CB9-9722-CD139F95AFD4.jpeg
    7ECF2EAF-F290-4CB9-9722-CD139F95AFD4.jpeg
    325.5 KB · Views: 231