• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact Precision Actions

Well???? How’s it feel initially? Compared to others. Really as smooth and slick as many claim

It’s very smooth even dry, but i don’t think it’s smoother than my tempest. Did a test with my brother to make sure it's not my bias and he just grinned whilst holding my Tempest. It's to note that’s not a detriment to Wade or Tate, it's very slick. Though again. My particular tempest was and is the smoothest action I’ve felt to date. Idk maybe I’m lucky in that regard and got a perfect one but it’s ridiculous, it's also worn and kept lubed, which certainly aids the tempest. The impact reminds me of my tempest when i got it back from DLC. I think once it is worn a little and lubed it will be closer to it. It's very smooth i just wouldn't expect like bare finish feel like a bare deviant or Tempest right out of the box before coating. Though that's the nature of coating they usually feel better with lube. Which even stands for my tempest. It's close though which should be a testament if anything, most of you know I adore the feel of my tempest.

One thing to note that i never really put any thought into is weight. It’s a hunk man. I think I’m going to love that. I can’t remember the hide member but remember them mentioning feeding with it is effortless and i can see why. The amount of mass kicking that cartridge out of the mag seems more than usual. I'm excited gotta send the EH1 in and have it inlet for that bolt stop so i can drop it in.

Which hanger do i use for the TT Diamond?

Last edited:
Hummm... Wade is putting a B/A together for me and should have it in a couple weeks, can’t wait to see how it stacks up to my Surgeons, Tempest & Bighorn. Right now my Surgeons rule, really looking forward to mine.

Reactions: Ep1985
Hummm... Wade is putting a B/A together for me and should have it in a couple weeks, can’t wait to see how it stacks up to my Surgeons, Tempest & Bighorn. Right now my Surgeons rule, really looking forward to mine.

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. I think it will be my favorite 2-lug. Just sitting here cycling it i think it’s going to be effortless to run. And it is super slick even dry. I think feeding wise it will easily be my favorite 2-lug which is untimely one of the huge reasons i love my tempest. Feeding off AW mags with a 3-lug is just buttery smooth

It’s very smooth even dry, but i don’t think it’s smoother than my tempest. Did a test with my brother to make sure it's not my bias and he just grinned whilst holding my Tempest. It's to note that’s not a detriment to Wade or Tate, it's very slick. Though again. My particular tempest was and is the smoothest action I’ve felt to date. Idk maybe I’m lucky in that regard and got a perfect one but it’s ridiculous, it's also worn and kept lubed, which certainly aids the tempest. The impact reminds me of my tempest when i got it back from DLC. I think once it is worn a little and lubed it will be closer to it. It's very smooth i just wouldn't expect like bare finish feel like a bare deviant or Tempest right out of the box before coating. Though that's the nature of coating they usually feel better with lube. Which even stands for my tempest. It's close though which should be a testament if anything, most of you know I adore the feel of my tempest.

One thing to note that i never really put any thought into is weight. It’s a hunk man. I think I’m going to love that. I can’t remember the hide member but remember them mentioning feeding with it is effortless and i can see why. The amount of mass kicking that cartridge out of the mag seems more than usual. I'm excited gotta send the EH1 in and have it inlet for that bolt stop so i can drop it in.

Which hanger do i use for the TT Diamond?
Yes sir! Share some pics with us when ya get it put together! Impact recommends, like midwestside said, to start with the 000 hanger for the diamonds.
We appreciate the comparison. I think you will really like it and would love to hear a comparison when you run it filthy dirty.

Reactions: 5RWill
Yes sir! Share some pics with us when ya get it put together! Impact recommends, like midwestside said, to start with the 000 hanger for the diamonds.
We appreciate the comparison. I think you will really like it and would love to hear a comparison when you run it filthy dirty.

What banger should be used with the Timney 517? Also excuse my ignorance but do hangers come with the actions?

What banger should be used with the Timney 517? Also excuse my ignorance but do hangers come with the actions?
We don’t put just a ton of 517’s in but start with a -0- and see how the sear engagement is. A high percentage of the time a -0- will be the right fit.
And yes they are shipped with two. They come with a -0- and a -15 hanger.

Reactions: Pusher591

The more i cycle it the better it feels, can't wait to get it together. Will be some time unfortunately. I snagged a PVA barrel on black friday and they're backed up and then i've got to let Manners inlet the EH1. Can't wait though.

Reactions: jkvinyard
I am dying to run mine. Waiting on barrel and foundation stock that should ship this upcoming week. I am still not fully understanding the hangers. Is this a feel issue if the bolt closing or is this a if the firing pin stays closed it’s good?

I am dying to run mine. Waiting on barrel and foundation stock that should ship this upcoming week. I am still not fully understanding the hangers. Is this a feel issue if the bolt closing or is this a if the firing pin stays closed it’s good?

I think i's more or less a reliability insurance so you're not adjusting sear engagement everytime you change a trigger.

Reactions: gunn317
After reading a few pages of this thread, and some advice from my local club guys, I decided to build my own rifle on an Impact737R custom. I decided to do this over buying a trued 700, or any of the other fine actions making their rounds on the NRL scene. I will say, I'm happy I decided to go this route. The gun is finally done, after waiting on a muzzle device it's finally assembled and ready for the range.

I'm relatively new to long range, so I went with 6.5 Creed, a reportedly easy caliber to get started with. It also encompassed sharable projectiles with my current shooting love, my Grendel. Also, it is reviewed as forgiving and easy to gather components for to develop good loads for. I've got an ample supply of PRIME on hand now, and H4350 and Norma 130GTs. I should be at a good starting line.

I bit hard, and decided to go whole hog instead of piece-meal and the investment shows it. It's probably not anything some of you would consider top of the line, but it's mine, and I know there's no other like it. This tbh, was the biggest draw for going full custom rather than the route of a factory rifle in a chassis, which I thought hard about. The Tikka and Bergara were both options I looked hard at.

I love the action. I can't review it from the standpoint of the veteran competitor, and I have nothing to compare it to other than the Surgeon and the Defiant actions I've had the privilege to be allowed to shoot, and the old Rem 700 30-06 experience gained with my dad; Also, his Interarms .270 (Mouser based action/Weatherby barrel?) as well. The Impact isn't really a fair comparison to the Interarms or the Rem700, but I've gotta say, these things are smooth. Mine feeds like butter, and I've only put 40 rounds of Prime down range so far.

It definitely feeds smoother than the Surgeon did, and feels smoother than I recall the Defiance - which IMHO is saying a ton; I was in the market for a Defiance - if they hadn't been OOS everywhere and on back order, I probably would never have kept looking at the time and gone with Impact. I'm glad my impatience caused it to work out this way. This is shamelessly preaching to the choir, I know - but I think I'm better off.

I couldn't tell you how it's better, that's not my intention here. I'm just posting to say thanks to all of you who have reviewed these actions, who have commented how much you are impressed by them, who have given the nudge to try it. Thanks!

I am hoping to make my real start in the local precision rifle club this year, after a couple of matches worth of observation and one actually shooting with my Grendel. I love the game. And the people are the best I've ever met. It's 90% mental, which means I'm doomed. But it's as fun as anything I've ever spent money and time on, and it allows an outlet for my passion for shooting, which has grown from basic pistol practice and sighting my hunting rifle in - to longer range far quicker than I think is healthy. At least I know my rifle won't be to blame, which means I'm able to gauge my skills from day one and identify my own areas of needed growth. I can train the right things, and seek out the right information.

As I aquired parts, the final list became:
Impact 737R
Bartlein Heavy Palma 6.5 1 in 8 chambered in Creedmoor, cut to 24" and threaded 5/8x24 - Bartlein offered a special to our club which I jumped on
LaRue Tranquillo brake for Bolt action (No rear shoulder) - allowing my Tranquillo 7.62's use
Grayboe Ridgeback stock
Mesa Precision DBM and Accurate mags (Area 419 4 round extenders in hand if I ever need/want them)
Atlas BT-10NC and LaRue LT271 mount
Leupold Mark5 HD 5-25 H59 and Mark 4 rings
Gamechanger bag - this thing just works.
Prime 6.5 AMMO
Precision.jpg

After reading a few pages of this thread, and some advice from my local club guys, I decided to build my own rifle on an Impact737R custom. I decided to do this over buying a trued 700, or any of the other fine actions making their rounds on the NRL scene. I will say, I'm happy I decided to go this route. The gun is finally done, after waiting on a muzzle device it's finally assembled and ready for the range.

I'm relatively new to long range, so I went with 6.5 Creed, a reportedly easy caliber to get started with. It also encompassed sharable projectiles with my current shooting love, my Grendel. Also, it is reviewed as forgiving and easy to gather components for to develop good loads for. I've got an ample supply of PRIME on hand now, and H4350 and Norma 130GTs. I should be at a good starting line.

I bit hard, and decided to go whole hog instead of piece-meal and the investment shows it. It's probably not anything some of you would consider top of the line, but it's mine, and I know there's no other like it. This tbh, was the biggest draw for going full custom rather than the route of a factory rifle in a chassis, which I thought hard about. The Tikka and Bergara were both options I looked hard at.

I love the action. I can't review it from the standpoint of the veteran competitor, and I have nothing to compare it to other than the Surgeon and the Defiant actions I've had the privilege to be allowed to shoot, and the old Rem 700 30-06 experience gained with my dad; Also, his Interarms .270 (Mouser based action/Weatherby barrel?) as well. The Impact isn't really a fair comparison to the Interarms or the Rem700, but I've gotta say, these things are smooth. Mine feeds like butter, and I've only put 40 rounds of Prime down range so far.

It definitely feeds smoother than the Surgeon did, and feels smoother than I recall the Defiance - which IMHO is saying a ton; I was in the market for a Defiance - if they hadn't been OOS everywhere and on back order, I probably would never have kept looking at the time and gone with Impact. I'm glad my impatience caused it to work out this way. This is shamelessly preaching to the choir, I know - but I think I'm better off.

I couldn't tell you how it's better, that's not my intention here. I'm just posting to say thanks to all of you who have reviewed these actions, who have commented how much you are impressed by them, who have given the nudge to try it. Thanks!

I am hoping to make my real start in the local precision rifle club this year, after a couple of matches worth of observation and one actually shooting with my Grendel. I love the game. And the people are the best I've ever met. It's 90% mental, which means I'm doomed. But it's as fun as anything I've ever spent money and time on, and it allows an outlet for my passion for shooting, which has grown from basic pistol practice and sighting my hunting rifle in - to longer range far quicker than I think is healthy. At least I know my rifle won't be to blame, which means I'm able to gauge my skills from day one and identify my own areas of needed growth. I can train the right things, and seek out the right information.

As I aquired parts, the final list became:
Impact 737R
Bartlein Heavy Palma 6.5 1 in 8 chambered in Creedmoor, cut to 24" and threaded 5/8x24 - Bartlein offered a special to our club which I jumped on
LaRue Tranquillo brake for Bolt action (No rear shoulder) - allowing my Tranquillo 7.62's use
Grayboe Ridgeback stock
Mesa Precision DBM and Accurate mags (Area 419 4 round extenders in hand if I ever need/want them)
Atlas BT-10NC and LaRue LT271 mount
Leupold Mark5 HD 5-25 H59 and Mark 4 rings
Gamechanger bag - this thing just works.
Prime 6.5 AMMO
View attachment 6983494
Awesome post! We appreciate it!

Got my 737r last week, going in an Killer/Mega Orias chassis. Had to inlet it a tad for the trigger hanger, easy work with a dremel. Smith should be spinning up a barrel for me around Jan and I'll be cerakoting the chassis then assembling everything. Can't wait to test fire this new rig, going 308 lol. My Defiance feels smoother but it also has about 2000 cycles on it so I'm eager to break this action in :) Will update.

Shot with a few buds today, one of which as an Impact. I currently have a Defiance Elite and Defiance Deviant and had an AI AX before that.

I will have an Impact now - it is the smoothest action I have felt. It feels like a nice worn in Rem had a baby with a custom. Tight enough to feel good but sloppy enough to take everything you throw in it (doube entendre?). Also, that bolt life, oh so light.

Shot with a few buds today, one of which as an Impact. I currently have a Defiance Elite and Defiance Deviant and had an AI AX before that.

I will have an Impact now - it is the smoothest action I have felt. It feels like a nice worn in Rem had a baby with a custom. Tight enough to feel good but sloppy enough to take everything you throw in it (doube entendre?). Also, that bolt life, oh so light.
This is what we like to hear! Thanks for sharing!

Wade stuteville put this one together for me. An absolute work of art.

New precision boi

-impact precision action
-24" bartlein sendero contour 6.5 creedmoor
-Manners T4A in molded GAP camo with mini-chassis
-TriggerTech Diamond pro-curve trigger
-Area 419 hellfire muzzlebrake
-Seekins 34mm rings
-Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27

Attachments

• IMG_6923.JPG
    IMG_6923.JPG
    320.1 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_6924.JPG
    IMG_6924.JPG
    299.3 KB · Views: 247
Wade stuteville put this one together for me. An absolute work of art.

New precision boi

-impact precision action
-24" bartlein sendero contour 6.5 creedmoor
-Manners T4A in molded GAP camo with mini-chassis
-TriggerTech Diamond pro-curve trigger
-Area 419 hellfire muzzlebrake
-Seekins 34mm rings
-Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27
That dude is slick! Thanks for sharing!

So gentlemen, I was stripping my rifle to relubricate after its first range session (only about 60-70 rounds thus far) and noticed what looks like galling on the rear of the bolt lugs? Is this normal?

call the shop and send them the picture

Shot them an email with pics. Could some of yall post pics of the same area on your actions?

I don’t think it’s normal but it can happen to any action just a matter of cleaning it and making sure it’s well lubed. I can post a pic of mine when i get back it hasn’t been fired still new just cycled a bit.

I don’t think it’s normal but it can happen to any action just a matter of cleaning it and making sure it’s well lubed. I can post a pic of mine when i get back it hasn’t been fired still new just cycled a bit.

Some actions are certainly more prone to it then others, some are even designed to prevent any galling issues.

Regardless, this is a good reminder to always make sure an action is lubed as you state. I hope Impact takes care of you, as I'm sure they will.

Reactions: 5RWill
Gentlemen, after posting the pictures I received and email reply from impact and they told me that all is well and it's perfectly normal. Seeing as this is my first custom action, I was erring on the side of caution and asking if this was normal. No harm intended, the action is smooth as butter and I'll be purchasing another very soon!

I got home and looked at mine, around 450 rounds and 1000+ dry fire cycles, both lugs on mine have matching marks. Not concerned with mine at all as I never noticed it until now.

I signed up for the notification, and literally 5 seconds later it came in.

Reactions: CV_Ag
If I’m ordering the 737r action what barrel do these accept as I’m looking to get a hawk hill barrel ordered? I know impact has their barrels but wondering what info I need to match this action with certain barrels.

If I’m ordering the 737r action what barrel do these accept as I’m looking to get a hawk hill barrel ordered? I know impact has their barrels but wondering what info I need to match this action with certain barrels.

Whoever you have chamber the barrel, tell
Them what action you are using. They should have the tennon dimensions.

Rip dog is correct. You don’t need anything special. Who is your gunsmith? Just get a hawk hill barrel blank and tell your Smith it’s going on an impact and he can chamber and thread it to your choice of caliber.

Don’t have a gunsmith I’m looking for diy barrels and wondering which options are available. Besides the obvious barrels they offer

Don’t have a gunsmith I’m looking for diy barrels and wondering which options are available. Besides the obvious barrels they offer
Patriot Valley has pre cut barrels for Impact. As does Stuteville Precision. Depending on your price range there’s multiple options to get cut and put it on yourself. Just have to get it cut specific to the Impact.

Reactions: AverageGrunt
Off Hawk Hills dealer page I’m sure Core, OTM, or Bugholes could set you up for an Impact as well as above smiths.

Reactions: AverageGrunt
I've got an order in for mine now from a dealer that should hopefully arrive in 2-3 weeks (ordered last week, was told 3-4 then). I'm very much looking forwards to it, having felt up these actions from other shooters on the firing line having them in the past.

I also would highly recommend Keystone Accuracy for anyone looking to get a barrel cut for their Impact actions in the near future. Accuracy reviews on his Kriegers are solid, and when I ordered on Wednesday evening I had an email first thing Friday morning telling me the barrel was on its way. 6BR was out of stock on the Impact website, and I didn't feel like waiting 1+ months for another smith to send me out a barrel since I had my fill of waiting with my Nucleus.

Reactions: jeremyhit
Been following this thread for a while. Now it’s finally here! Looking forward to the rest of the build. Thinking I’m going 6 dasher with a Krieger tube. Haven’t decided between Foundation stock or KRG whiskey chassis. But excited either way. View attachment 7004669

Foundation duh. That’s what the Impact was destin to be placed in. They are a march made for each other.

I also would highly recommend Keystone Accuracy for anyone looking to get a barrel cut for their Impact actions in the near future.
I’ve also been told good things from Impact. I’ve looked at them for barrels and also in contact with Gradous and Bugholes. Gradous turn around as of last week was 2 weeks.

Ha! Yeah it’s almost weird for me to think of it going in something else. Everyone in our local club has them in Foundations.
I feel a little bit like it's blasphemy that I'll be dropping mine into my XLR, since everyone I know who has one also has it in a Foundation.

I’ve also been told good things from Impact. I’ve looked at them for barrels and also in contact with Gradous and Bugholes. Gradous turn around as of last week was 2 weeks.
I didn't know Gradous did barrels other than for AI rifles, that's good to know. Bugholes was where I originally thought I'd buy if I didn't just order a full barreled action somewhere, but it turned out they didn't have a fast twist 6mm barrel that I liked on hand.