• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact Precision Actions

So I just would like to thank impact precision, and let everyone here know, Tate definately stands behind his product, and has awesome customer service! I've never seen such support for shooters from shooters, that are in this sport we do! Tate is definitely a family man that talks to you as a person, and cares about his product, and his customers. He went above and beyond for me, and I would like to thank him personally, and share my great support to everyone reading about this awesome action! Super buttery smooth and ultra reliable! and to top it off a lifetime no hassle warranty from a great company! Thanks imact precision!!

Contacted Impact last night to find out the compatibility with the AI AX chassis’s and Tate responded extremely fast with what material to remove to make it fit. Got the phone call to pick the barreled action up from my local gun store this morning, removed the material from the chassis and she’s ready to test fire tomorrow!

86AED5B8-3AC3-48F1-8AD3-F20603C7AF35.jpeg

Hello everyone, I've read this entire forum from beginning to end and I like what I hear about this action. I am finally about to build my first custom rifle to work my way into beginning competitions. I have heard how amazing the Impact is and how outstanding their customer service is, but I can't help but be anxious about making sure when you are dropping this kind of $$ that it's exactly what I want. The only other action I have been comparing this too is the Defiance Ruckus and having it Nitrided, due to the ability for the guaranteed headspace and available pre-fits. Anybody have any comparison between the two? When Talking to Atlus Shooting who will be building for me, the guy said he'd still prefer Impact when it comes down to it personally. I guess the pressure of how popular Defiance is at my range and never personally seeing one up close is making me second guess myself. Thanks for any input!

Reactions: up4over1
Hello everyone, I've read this entire forum from beginning to end and I like what I hear about this action. I am finally about to build my first custom rifle to work my way into beginning competitions. I have heard how amazing the Impact is and how outstanding their customer service is, but I can't help but be anxious about making sure when you are dropping this kind of $$ that it's exactly what I want. The only other action I have been comparing this too is the Defiance Ruckus and having it Nitrided, due to the ability for the guaranteed headspace and available pre-fits. Anybody have any comparison between the two? When Talking to Atlus Shooting who will be building for me, the guy said he'd still prefer Impact when it comes down to it personally. I guess the pressure of how popular Defiance is at my range and never personally seeing one up close is making me second guess myself. Thanks for any input!
I bought an impact barreled action having never seen or felt an impact before and absolutely love it. You have the same tight tolerances as the ruckus as well to accept prefits

Reactions: Jorey

The Defiance Ruckus was born due to actions like the Impact. Impact Precision was one of the leaders and likely one of the best known for perfect tolerances, which in turn led to off the shelf barrels being able to be cut without requiring an action to be sent off. Don’t get me wrong, Defiance makes a great action. But the Ruckus model is new to the game compared to Impact.

I’m on my 3rd barrel on my Impact and have loved every shot. No complaints at all and will likely build a second on an Impact as a backup rifle to take to competitions for other competitors.

Reactions: djarecke and Jorey
I know some time and Searching would probably get these questions answered but it’s always nice coming to you guys for help and chatting.
Can anyone help out here with using a Mdt acc chassis and an impact 737 short action as far as will it fit this chassis utilizing a trigger hanger spec action?
Im assuming so with the only change for me is I’ll have to get new magazines. Ive only used AW mags in a Stiller tac30aw. Ill go to Aics single stack mags or whatever you guys might be able to recommend for a 737 and a Mdt acc setup that will work the best. Saving a few bucks on a different magazine brand would be a plus too. Thank you in advance. I’m really excited to try out a new brand of action especially this one!

Reactions: HighPlainsMarksman
The Defiance Ruckus was born due to actions like the Impact. Impact Precision was one of the leaders and likely one of the best known for perfect tolerances, which in turn led to off the shelf barrels being able to be cut without requiring an action to be sent off. Don’t get me wrong, Defiance makes a great action. But the Ruckus model is new to the game compared to Impact.

I’m on my 3rd barrel on my Impact and have loved every shot. No complaints at all and will likely build a second on an Impact as a backup rifle to take to competitions for other competitors.
Thank you for your reassuring words, I am very excited about this build and have been leaning towards Impact from the getgo but wanted to be sure.

I know some time and Searching would probably get these questions answered but it’s always nice coming to you guys for help and chatting.
Can anyone help out here with using a Mdt acc chassis and an impact 737 short action as far as will it fit this chassis utilizing a trigger hanger spec action?
Im assuming so with the only change for me is I’ll have to get new magazines. Ive only used AW mags in a Stiller tac30aw. Ill go to Aics single stack mags or whatever you guys might be able to recommend for a 737 and a Mdt acc setup that will work the best. Saving a few bucks on a different magazine brand would be a plus too. Thank you in advance. I’m really excited to try out a new brand of action especially this one!
I am in the process of putting together my pieces before confirming my build, and the customer service at Atlus shooting assured me that in the Reming 700 footprint the Impact would drop right in.

I bought my Impact 6.5cm barreled action from Altus this January having never felt one in person, and only based on it’s reputation and user feedback. Dropped it into an MPA chassis on my own, and it shoots absolutely lights out. Easily holds .6 MOA with bulk Hornady American Gunner 140gr.

I was also a bit worried about dropping that much on a rifle without getting hands on, but it’s been an absolute dream. Paired with a TT Diamond and properly tuned mags, the bolt is insanely slick and takes VERY little effort. I’ll be an Impact customer for a very long time.

I bought my Impact 6.5cm barreled action from Altus this January having never felt one in person, and only based on it’s reputation and user feedback. Dropped it into an MPA chassis on my own, and it shoots absolutely lights out. Easily holds .6 MOA with bulk Hornady American Gunner 140gr.

I was also a bit worried about dropping that much on a rifle without getting hands on, but it’s been an absolute dream. Paired with a TT Diamond and properly tuned mags, the bolt is insanely slick and takes VERY little effort. I’ll be an Impact customer for a very long time.
congrats on the new rig. Sounds badass!
I’m changing up my rifle to one that’s similar to yours. I’m glad to hear your is running smoothly and shooting the groups it is.
That factory bulk ammo from Hornady is actually really decent. My pops and I have been able to get one hole groups with it at 100 while most spanning 1/3”. Mainly use it for warming up the barrels, or fouling shots. Plus some extra brass never hurts.

The only difference in the new rifle coming at the end of the month for me is I’ll have mine in a Mdt acc chassis. I’ve only ran aw mags in the past and now I need to switch. Ts said he’d try and get an aw cut impact for me but I’m not counting on it, because It seems like their hard to find or special order. Can you help out with telling me the mags you’ve ran so far in your rifle chassis with the impact?

congrats on the new rig. Sounds badass!
I’m changing up my rifle to one that’s similar to yours. I’m glad to hear your is running smoothly and shooting the groups it is.
That factory bulk ammo from Hornady is actually really decent. My pops and I have been able to get one hole groups with it at 100 while most spanning 1/3”. Mainly use it for warming up the barrels, or fouling shots. Plus some extra brass never hurts.

The only difference in the new rifle coming at the end of the month for me is I’ll have mine in a Mdt acc chassis. I’ve only ran aw mags in the past and now I need to switch. Ts said he’d try and get an aw cut impact for me but I’m not counting on it, because It seems like their hard to find or special order. Can you help out with telling me the mags you’ve ran so far in your rifle chassis with the impact?

I'm running the MDT AICS mags with binder plate, both the 12 round and 10 round versions. Once I tuned the feed lips, they've run perfect. I use a micrometer gauge to get them to 0.408" wide, even across both the front and back of the lips. I'm running factory ammo, and both the Hornady American Gunner 140 HPBT and ELD Match 140gr fit great. Here are a couple pictures of how I'm running my magazines.

MDT 1.jpg
MDT 2.jpg

I'm running the MDT AICS mags with binder plate, both the 12 round and 10 round versions. Once I tuned the feed lips, they've run perfect. I use a micrometer gauge to get them to 0.408" wide, even across both the front and back of the lips. I'm running factory ammo, and both the Hornady American Gunner 140 HPBT and ELD Match 140gr fit great. Here are a couple pictures of how I'm running my magazines.

View attachment 7303762View attachment 7303763
That’s super helpful thank you. I appreciate the help and taking those measurements too. ??

Reactions: LV Precision
Looking for guidance on whether or not to get binderless mags or not. Is the standard AICS cut Impact action cut for mags with the binder plate in? For those that run without binders (and handload longer to take advantage of not having them) - did you have to cut the feed ramp? I'll be running the Impact action with a MPA Matrix chassis and will eventually handload fwiw. Currently looking at MDT mags

Looking for guidance on whether or not to get binderless mags or not. Is the standard AICS cut Impact action cut for mags with the binder plate in? For those that run without binders (and handload longer to take advantage of not having them) - did you have to cut the feed ramp? I'll be running the Impact action with a MPA Matrix chassis and will eventually handload fwiw. Currently looking at MDT mags
Either will work fine, just depends how far you wanna seat the bullet into case. But I started seating my rounds deeper and grab the mag with binder plate more often. Just buy both when the black Friday sale comes along, around 40% off.

Has anyone experienced with softer ejection springs? My impact is causing me to lose brass because it like to Chunk them.

Reactions: pathell
I just picked up a MDT 12rd w/o the binder for my impact/MPA BA I haven't taken advantage of the room yet but 115rds w/ no problems so far. (6.5cm)

Anyone know what the trigger hanger screw specs are? Looks like 3/8” long would cover both the front and rear length-wise and cut to size, but I have no idea what the other specs are.

I picked up my action, and it didn’t include a hanger. So I called to let impact know. Received the hanger today, but no screws with it. Figured I’d hunt the hardware store first so I can get to shooting this weekend.

Anyone know what the trigger hanger screw specs are? Looks like 3/8” long would cover both the front and rear length-wise and cut to size, but I have no idea what the other specs are.

I picked up my action, and it didn’t include a hanger. So I called to let impact know. Received the hanger today, but no screws with it. Figured I’d hunt the hardware store first so I can get to shooting this weekend.

Check the action.

Mine came installed on the action.

They’re 6-32, went to the hardware store. 3/8” length and cut down.

Does the bolt tear down the same as any rem 700 bolt?

Yes but you don’t need a special tool. Just grab a screw driver or pocket knife. They are much easier to tear down.

Got my first prefit proof barrel. On the Fortester no-go gauge i got it says to remove extractor to check headspace if not riveted to bolt. Is this necessary? If so, is it the same way as Remington 700 extractor removal? Ive never done this before so any help would be great.

Got my first prefit proof barrel. On the Fortester no-go gauge i got it says to remove extractor to check headspace if not riveted to bolt. Is this necessary? If so, is it the same way as Remington 700 extractor removal? Ive never done this before so any help would be great.
You need to remove the ejector, not extractor. Just use a punch to knock out the roll pin, leave the punch inserted in the bolt until you place a small baggie over the bolt head. That way when the punch is removed the ejector and spring are shot into the the baggie and not across the room.
The extractor is left in place and will pull the gage out of the chamber.

So I installed new prefit Proof barrel and checked headspace with forster no-go gauge. The bolt would close with moderate force. I torqued barrel to 80 lbs. I Dont know how much force is too much. Is my barrel or action out of spec or did i use to much force? Also would closing bolt on gauge cause any damage? Any help appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:
So I installed new prefit Proof barrel and checked headspace with forster no-go gauge. The bolt would close with moderate force. I torqued barrel to 80 lbs. I Dont know how much force is too much. Is my barrel or action out of spec or did i use to much force? Also would closing bolt on gauge cause any damage? Any help appreciated. Thank you
With the ejector and firing mechanism removed, I would look for the bolt to stop itself when handle is dropped. I never try to force it closed on a gage.

I only removed the ejector from the bolt and did not know anything else needed to be removed. The bolt does stop itself when dropped and does not close. Thank you

NittyNate,

I believe most action makers recommend between 80-100 ft lbs. I would recommend removing the ejector and extractor (assuming its an AR, Sako, or Nesika type).....so you don't get any undo felt resistance. At this point, the bolt handle should drop free all the way down (closed) under its own weight. If it does not and your headspace gage is correct and a GO gage....than your headspace is a little snug. In truth, it is most likely very close and will not effect anything except for a possible closing issue on factory ammo/brass that is close to ideal spec......and you might run into an issue with resizing fired brass, if you can not bump the shoulder back far enough without the sizer die bottoming out on the shellholder.

Neither of these should be a safety concern, but it is best to contact the manufacturer.

I recommend contacting Proof and seeing what they say.......it's rare for companies offering pre-fit shouldered barrels to aim for "ideal 0" headspace anyway......usually they aim for "+2" to account for any inconsistency in the action or assembly process while still being in the acceptable range.

Ern

Good question.

I am waiting patiently for my short action to be joined by a big brother. I have the Foundation stock, it was built on a prototype, and the Trigger Tech new two-stage trigger on my bench ready and waiting. I see Proof Research has prefit barrels on their website already but for delivery in November if you call.

I didn't know they were planning on Lapua bolts. May need two now.

Exciting times to be building rifles.

This is what I know so far
  • Rem700 Long Action Footprint
  • Impact keeps a large supply of EH1s and EH1As constantly flowing.
  • Stocks Inletted are available through Manners or TS Customs. We have several Impact Revelation long action stocks in inventory now.
  • Utilizes a 1-1/16 x 20 TPI Class 3 thread
  • Headspace and indexing is held so that prefit barrels are an option. This is the way of the future. If your gunsmith disagrees, it may be time for a new gunsmith.
  • Tenon is .790" long (please email [email protected] for tenon print)
  • .750" Diameter bolt allows sufficient rim thickness for the Lapua bf cartridges
  • Capable of handling CIP length cartridges such as the .338 Lapua
  • These actions are BDL compatible as well as mag fed
  • Comes standard as nitrided
  • Mini m-16 style extractor
  • The feed lips WILL NEED to be opened up slightly (.012-.015 per side is sufficient) for Lapua and Norma cases

Reactions: tihz_on

You may have scratched the chamber, but it shouldn't hurt your accuracy. In the future, just let the bolt drop gently and apply the very slightest pressure, the camming force on a bolt action is quite significant. If there's any resistance at all - stop, you're fine re: no-go, even if the bolt _almost_ completely closed. If it closes fully, that's a problem.

What barrel vise and action wrench’s are you guys using?

I use Impact’s action wrench and a vice from 21st century. Never had a problem with either.
Do you use leather and/or rosin or anything on the vise?

What barrel vise and action wrench’s are you guys using?

i dont recommend this vise ^^^ i have one and it takes a ton of torque and rosin/sand paper to hold my barrels...i have to tighten it to the max to use it

the shop has this one ^^ and it holds much better, with less effort and no rosin/paper, dont need the leather either...i can tighten and loosen it with one hand pretty much

Impact action wrench, viper barrel vise, have used a toilet paper roll but just go bareback now

Impact action wrench, viper barrel vise, have used a toilet paper roll but just go bareback now
Would the toilet paper roll be sufficient enough to protect cerakote on the barrel? Planning on taking the gun in to MHSA and having my barrel Coated.

Would the toilet paper roll be sufficient enough to protect cerakote on the barrel? Planning on taking the gun in to MHSA and having my barrel Coated.
Should be but none of mine are coated

Were your able to find the answer to your question? I'm currently thinking of the same setup. Thanks

I have an impact precision 737 I want to fit in an AX chassis. Has anyone done that work? Any gunsmiths to recommend?