• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Inlet a McMillan stock to fit a badger action

Adam B

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 7, 2005
    grand rapids, michigan
    www.adamboynton.com
    I have a McMillan A5 and was wondering if it would be possible to inlet it for a Badger long action? It is inletted for a Stiller Tac 300 action/Rem L/A, I imagine that the inletting would be along the same lines as to what you do to an AICS but I am not gunsmith.

Re: Inlet a McMillan stock to fit a badger action

Adam,

Marty posted a pic of an A5 with his action in it that was previously inletted for a SA remmy 700. If I remember there were parts that didn't quite match up like the bolt handle, but it was certainly doable.

Re: Inlet a McMillan stock to fit a badger action

Adam, if it were mine, I would send it back to McMillan and let Dick Davis and the boys have their way with it. It will probably be better looking and you do not run the risk of goobing up a highend stock.

On the other hand, you may be better at stuff like that than I am. At any rate, they have the technical know-how and equipment to do it right the first time.

david