• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

inside of case cleaning

Re: inside of case cleaning

I do. I use the RCBS Prep center. Also if you use corn cob media you will notice it gets stuck in the flash hole in the primer pocket.

A couple in and out strokes and/or twists is all that's needed

Or just switch to an ultrasonic cleaner and get the inside, outside, and primer pockets clean without any elbow tease...

I'm not completely sold on having a perfectly clean case, I use the SS media method right now, I'm going to shoot thru a chrono and see what differences there is between clean necks and just brushed necks, I shoot at a range that alot of BR guys use, they just brush, Nesekabay says a little carbon aides in bullet release, JB1000r uses neck lube on his US cleaned cases

I have used the stainless steel (SS) media for several months now and am very happy with the results. I have no desire to back to corncob ever again. I suggest you check out the stainless steel media threads here on the Hide to get more info.

Ultrasonic cleaning is what I use. Works great. In 10 or 15 minutes. Brass is nice and clean. You can pick one up for around $70 at Habor Freight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nyfinest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I tumble my cases do I need to "brush" the inside of the case?</div></div>

Not if you leave the cases in for 24 hours.

I find the ultrasonic with vinegar works the best, it wont get it back to brass color but who cares about that!

I have been using ultra sound since the beginning and it has given me great results. I purchased a machine from ebay, the hornady cleaner, and beaker to hold the brass instead of the pan. the beaker also uses less diluted solution, 500ml vs 1L.

The problem with ultrasound is you have to babysit the machine. I'm going to give the SS media a try when I get all the necessary items next week. I think that might be the way to go.

I use a the small cheapie one from Harbor Freight. I paid 21.00 for it on sale. I only use it for my bolt guns. I can clean 20 cases at a time. I set it up next to my computer so I can hit the power button every 3 minutes.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I tumble for pistol and carbine.

Forgot to mention. I use 50/50 vineger and water with a splash of liquind dish soap. Then rinse and set them on a towel on the table outside to dry.

Then put them away to reload for another day.

Not the reason why I use the US but, mine come out quite shiney.

Try using the Citronix for a cleaning solution. The brass come out nice and shinny. It is concentrated so mix it down. You will be happy with the results.

Yep!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe-n-TX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Forgot to mention. I use 50/50 vineger and water with a splash of liquind dish soap. Then rinse and set them on a towel on the table outside to dry.

Then put them away to reload for another day.

Not the reason why I use the US but, mine come out quite shiney.</div></div>

I usually do 5 cycles or about 15 min. It's kinda of a pain in the butt. So, finally I just put it by the computer so I wouldn't have to keep getting up. Just don't spill
wink.gif

woops duno how i missed a whole post lol.

thanks for the info, im guna have to grab myself one

I don't clean any of the inside of my cases. I tumble in corncob media and nu-finish car polish and they come out nice and shiny after about an hour.

I do de-burr and clean the primer pockets and sometimes the corncob media gets stuck in there so I have to poke it out with a stick or toothpick.