• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Intro to PRS style matches, Catskill NY (Canceled)

shoots100

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2010
NYS Flatlands
Since there's a lot of interest in PRS style comps, but new shooters can get a bit overwhelmed without a mentor or friend to show them the ropes, I inquired about running an intro to PRS style comps course with the General at sheepdog warrior range in Catskill NY.
Of course they said no problem, but they would need at least 10 interested humans to pay a $50 dollar fee for the half day instructed intro course.
DATE : 7/27/19
Any interest, please PM me.
Sheepdog range is a superb range located in the Catskill mountains and the perfect place to learn about long range shooting.

SJC

PM me if this goes next year, I'd love to hit it.

I know its listed as cancelled, but if something like this starts up again, please let me know. My wife and I are looking to get into PRS events, and I might be able to drag my shooting buddy along too (if he gets a permission slip from his wife).

Reactions: footsteps
Was it cancelled due to not getting enough people or was it a covid thing and sheepdog needed to cancel?

Mostly the course was snubbed because of range availability and attendance issues.
Now it's due to covid, but hopefully we can get something going this year.
I was thinking maybe having an intro course after a match, so interested shooters could show up near the end of the match and watch a stage, then they could have some perspective of what happens at a match.
Do a Q&A, a stage set up intro and then some shooting.
SJC

Reactions: King_beardsly
I’d say check out the match this coming Saturday, but it’s super short notice for people and the rifle league might be a little twitchy

They have an participant limitation, so I don't think they'll be too keen on people just showing up at their first match of the year.
The neighbors are looking for any reason to close the range down, so lets not test the waters.
SJC

They have an participant limitation, so I don't think they'll be too keen on people just showing up at their first match of the year.
The neighbors are looking for any reason to close the range down, so lets not test the waters.
SJC
That’s fair enough, I need them to atleast run a few more so I can rack up some points for the season

I’m pretty sure at this point you can pick a weekend and try to get people together to do the intro thing. If you want help running stages just let me know, I’m pretty much available most weekends unless I’m shooting a match and I’ll always take more range time for practice.