• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR Valdada - great customer service!

300ATT

Induna
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2008
Denver CO
I had an early version of the 3x18 IOR FFP scope on a .308 that suffered a critical failure. I sent the scope into in to Val at IOR and he stated that he would fix it and if he couldn't get it fixed in a day he would send me a brand new scope.

Two days later without any calls emails on my part a brand new scope showed up at my office.

Hats off to a great team!

Re: IOR Valdada - great customer service!

That's cool.
smile.gif
Good on them.

I just wish, from the bottom of my loathsome heart; that instead of hearing about repairs and awesome CS with various companies; I would read something along the lines of "Damn bro, CS? Hell I dunno, I've never needed it in the x amount of years of abuse I dished out on this scope".....

Pure lotion stroking goodness, I know. But I sure would love a non-hormonal scope without needing a loan.... Lol

Actually, the Gen 4's have been almost problem free.

That's a good thing to hear that Val is handling any issues with the IOR scopes better. He always had a bad reputation of taking care of customers with any disputes which I why I always got my scopes from Liberty Optics, Scott always takes care of anybody he deals with.
I have a 2-12x35x that they no longer make and my illumination has died off. Wonder if Val would cover that still or Liberty Optics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TallShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's cool.
smile.gif
Good on them.

I just wish, from the bottom of my loathsome heart; that instead of hearing about repairs and awesome CS with various companies; I would read something along the lines of "Damn bro, CS? Hell I dunno, I've never needed it in the x amount of years of abuse I dished out on this scope".....

Pure lotion stroking goodness, I know. But I sure would love a non-hormonal scope without needing a loan.... Lol </div></div>

That would be nice ... but they all break ... even the ones that are not supposed to (S&B's, Nightforce, Mark 4 M1's ... ) but somehow we quietly ignore the issues with the ones that cost us arm and a leg, kidney and our left eyeball ...

Good to know. I have 2 IORs and this has been a worry. Mine are flawless but as I said, good to know.

OP, do you mind sharing what your "critical failure" was? I too have been very interested in IOR Valdada, thank you.

My 3-18 started leaking oil onto the reticule, I sent it in and got a new one. New one was 100% flawless, I sold it to someone on this site a year ago and haven't gotten any nasty emails from him so I'd guess it's been fine for him too.

Also had problems with a 10x56, specs on reticule, they replaced it.

Those two models and the 1-4 pitbull are the problem child scopes, if you buy anything else odds are it'll work fine for a very long time.

It's too bad they don't have any sort of footprint in the US save for Val as they are decent scopes.

Thank you BCP, I appreciate you sharing. I have been following Valdada for about 7 years or so and am finally in the market to purchase a new scope for my LR rig. For the longest time they were the only one's making a 3-18x (with a FFP Mil reticle) but I always shied from the 42mm objective since part of the use for this rig is low light hunting. Now that they have the 3.5-18x50mm I have renewed interest.

Bill3@8

I don't know what exactly the failure was other than the reticle would vanish at any magnification othe than 3x (something in the erector tube?h. Val stated that it was either a simple fix that they could do in the shop or he would send me a new scope. A new scope arrived shortly thereafter.

Does this help?

Glad to hear you had good customer service. My 3.5-18 has been great but it's nice to know that they stand behind their product.

I just wanted to add - I had very good experience with IOR CS. Val went far and beyond to help me. I have 3-18x42 which I bought from fellow Hide member. Quite an old scope but in mint condition. Then I screwed up trying to remove the shade: because it's aluminum and very fine pitch thread - I managed to screw out first objective lens together with shade.
So, I called Valdada CS and they told me to ship it. Also, they warned that because I don't have paperwork and not the original owner - I may be out of warranty.
Well, in couple weeks Val told me they cannot fix it - so he was going to send me new scope. Couple more days - and brand spanking new 3-18x42 showed up at my door including new paperwork.

Outstanding Customer Service.