• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JM Malrin .32 cal and a 45/120 Sharps. Need information and value.

Kadams1563

Giver of Bad Advice
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    North Texas
    I have a friend that purchased an entire gun collection and these two rifles were included. He is wanting to know the value of them and gave them to me to see if I could find any information. I have NO idea what they are or what they would be worth. They both look old and expensive but I also think they are copies or replicas. Either way must be worth something. I have googled them and found prices anywhere from $600-$3000. So there is just no telling.

If anyone knows anything or is interested in buying please let me know.

The first one is a JM Marlin .32 caliber single shot breach lock. That opens with a lever. serial #7402. It has a 25" octagonal barrel.
    image2.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    image4.jpeg

The other is a IAB Sharps chambered in 45/120 its has the fold up sight that is adjustable. The barrel is a 22".

image9.jpeg
    image8.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    image10.jpeg

Definitely interested in the IAB. I have a couple of them.

They are actually a bit under-rated in value as noone knows what they are. But they are a nice Italian Sharps. They only tend to go for about $500 - 700... but if it's in 120, that interests me!

The Marlin... not as familiar. But I think from your pictures that may be a Marlin-Ballard? If that's the case, those get valuable, depending on the variant. Is it a .32 Rimfire or Centerfire? More markings and details? If it's a Ballard... those have a real cult following and are some amazing rifles. And collectible.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Sirhr, I will get more detailed pics in the coming days. I go back to work for the next 4 days and wont have access to them.

They are both centerfire.

The markings are hard to find only the text that's written on them. There is no company logos or anything else. Just patent dates and stuff like that.

Neat links, QH.

Based on what is on GB, Ballard prices have taken a nose-dive in the last 10 - 15 years!

Maybe some of the rarer variants or Scheutzen's are still up there. But I seem to remember the days when you could not touch any Ballard for less than $2k

Cheers,

Sirhr

Ok I was informed today that he has 80 loaded rounds and 20 cases for the 45/120.

About 30 for the .32 long.

Send me PM with any offers of interested or someone I can contact to get the appraised/Sold.