• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Jp or REPR???

hunter1000

Private
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2012
There is a tremendous amount of knowledge on this forum and I was hoping to get some information to help make a decision? I just received a GAP 308 with a 22" barrel, DMR trigger, PRS stock, switchblock, Surefire MB/adapter Atlas bipod and Night force F1 scope that is obviously set up for long distance. I am now interested in getting a battle rifle that's more portable and able to eat all types of ammo. I will put a premium on reliability and still would like to have a rifle that is around 1 MOA. I will likely be using an ACOG for optics and I will be installing a Surefire MB/adapter (would like to shorten the barrel and perm. attach the Surefire so total barrel length will be just over 16"). Do you guys think the REPR or JP rifle fits this bill the best? Also what's your opinion on shortening the barrel (worth it) and the ACOG. Thank you in advance for your opinions!!!

If you are planning on running a can, go with the REPR if not JP. Both are good systems, POF is another choice JP's don't seem to have many issues from what I here.

I have yet to hear of any issues with JP, and the minor complaints about the REPR have all be pretty superficial.

Personally I dont think there is much reason to shorten the barrel, especially one that will be hosting a ACOG.

Go with JP, you will be happy you did. I have multiple and love them all.

k0st2u.jpg

Go with a JP. it will be more accurate over a wide range of ammo. Putting a can on it will be no problem due to the adjustable gas block. If you wanted to shorten it you can but it would make more sense to me to leave it at 18- 20" to at least have the option to shoot farther

Over the course of about four months, I did a bunch of research into a semi-auto .308 for distance; I considered all options, from production to custom; I talked to lots of smart people, manufactures, owners, gun shops, etc. what surprised me was how little the price difference was between a JP LRP-07 and something like a SCAR-17. For not much more money, one can get what is regarded by many as one of the best rifles that's made. Also, JP seemed to be far more accessible (at least in my area) than a LaRue or LWRC. Mine is due in a couple more months.

JP. I just ordered mine and Mel and Dustin helped me out a ton, especially being deployed. top notch guys

there is a tremendous amount of knowledge on this forum and i was hoping to get some information to help make a decision? I just received a gap 308 with a 22" barrel, dmr trigger, prs stock, switchblock, surefire mb/adapter atlas bipod and night force f1 scope that is obviously set up for long distance. I am now interested in getting a battle rifle that's more portable and able to eat all types of ammo. I will put a premium on reliability and still would like to have a rifle that is around 1 moa. I will likely be using an acog for optics and i will be installing a surefire mb/adapter (would like to shorten the barrel and perm. Attach the surefire so total barrel length will be just over 16"). Do you guys think the repr or jp rifle fits this bill the best? Also what's your opinion on shortening the barrel (worth it) and the acog. Thank you in advance for your opinions!!!

im a l-dub fanboy own a couple and the repr is a big piece of shit, if you want a .308 semi auto rifle there is no rifle that will compete with the larue tactical obr tried and true by some of the best snipers in the world as in this is there job not fun.

im a l-dub fanboy own a couple and the repr is a big piece of shit, if you want a .308 semi auto rifle there is no rifle that will compete with the larue tactical obr tried and true by some of the best snipers in the world as in this is there job not fun.

What basis do you have for your opinion of the REPR being a 'big piece of shit'?

Go with JP and don't look back. I have an LRP-07 and love it. Also REPR's don't suck but not as good as JP Enterprise.

Ive had both, the repr doesnt suck, but i did like the jp waaaaaaaay better. The obr is great, but its not the be all end all.