• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Karen vomits again.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Homeowner should have met Karen at the curb, smiled and said "Excuse me. If I catch you prowling around and staring at my property again I'm going to beat you in front of your kid here. You hear me?"

IMHO, here's the thing about HOA's. Before you buy your house, you get the HOA packet which lays out the rules and regs. Before I lived where I'm at now, I didn't have a HOA. 35 years ago everything was good. Everyone took care of their houses and the yards and life was good.

Then people started renting their houses and as long as the rents came in they didn't give a rats ass about those of us who were still living in the neighborhood and had sunk money in their homes. Needless to say, there are folks who hang their laundry on their porch, folks who BBQ in their front yards, park junk cars in front of their house, etc, etc, etc. I'm the first to say, that's their right.

But what about the rest of us? What about our investments? The renters have nothing invested except the security/cleaning deposits. Keep in mind there are some great renters who treat the home as their own. In some ways I hated them too because I had to make sure my house was as good as theirs. 😁

Now I live in a neighborhood that has a HOA. I hate that I'm not allowed to leave my car parked in the driveway at night instead of in the garage, I hate I can't just paint my house bright pink, I hate that I can't just put up a 50' antenna mast, but I'm OK with all that because I knew the rules coming in.

That said, unless that frog is 10' tall, 'Karen' needs to fall down a flight of stairs a couple of times, hopefully in front of her kids to teach them a lesson too.

That's my version of two sides to the story.

My gf was naïve enough to buy in an HOA. She can't even put lawn furniture in the front yard to take a break when she's puttering in the yard. Or leave her garbage can at the curb the day after garbage pickup.
    When she does, some car will drive by slowly and even stop and then drive off.
    Sure enough, the next day or so she'll get a notice and threat of a fine.

IMHO, here's the thing about HOA's. Before you buy your house, you get the HOA packet which lays out the rules and regs.
    And eventually the dictators get elected to the HOA board and then they rip up the rules and regs and start making shit up as they go .
    HOA in a lot of ways are just like Washington D.C.

Then people started renting their houses and as long as the rents came in they didn't give a rats ass about those of us who were still living in the neighborhood and had sunk money in their homes. Needless to say, there are folks who hang their laundry on their porch, folks who BBQ in their front yards, park junk cars in front of their house, etc, etc, etc. I'm the first to say, that's their right.

But what about the rest of us? What about our investments? The renters have nothing invested except the security/cleaning deposits. Keep in mind there are some great renters who treat the home as their own. In some ways I hated them too because I had to make sure my house was as good as theirs. 😁
    find me a 100% safe investment anywhere .....if your investment relies on how well someone else maintains their own property, that sounds like a pretty shit investment.

if you want to live in a dictatorship run by a bunch of Karens who are unable to be satisfied by their husbands.....by all means.

personally the cost of freedom is worth more to me than whatever i may happen to lose in property value.....or maybe my property value will remain unaffected....at least ill be happier either way.

Fucking hate HOAs. Learned that lesson the hard way. Bought a condo in the People's Republic of Oak Park in 2008. One of the first things the president of the association (80 year old hyper Leftist woman) said to me was "I support the Arabs in their fight against the Jews. ... My daughter is married to a Jew... Blah blah blah... I'm an activist... Wish I could suck Obongo's dick (paraphraseing there)..."

Ended up getting sued by that fucktard association (ridiculous reasons that cost me a bunch of money).

They were also scamming the owners. When revenues were in excess of their expenditures, per their bylaws, they were supposed to credit the excess back to the owners. I handled their accounting for a brief period and pointed this fact out to the board and was promptly removed from the (unpaid) role of accountant. Said, "Fuck it, this shit-hole ain't worth my time." Sold the place to a very "festive" guy more suited to the locale and do my best to never look back.

...Unless some asshole mentions HOAs and sets me off on a rant.

It's Bobbie Dooley the president of the Western Estates Homeowners Association and the Western Estates Parent Teacher Organization, straight from the Phil Hendrie character lounge:

Last edited:
    • Wow
    Reactions: mike278 and Maggot
    Needless to say, there are folks who hang their laundry on their porch, folks who BBQ in their front yards, park junk cars in front of their house, etc, etc, etc. I'm the first to say, that's their right.
    Whats wrong with BBQ'g in the front yard? Damn, I'm glad I live on the lake among other lake cabins.

RV's, canoe's, kayaks, Jetskis, boats in neighbors front yards, beach towels and bathing suits hanging from porch rails, my laundry outside, American flags, Come and Take It flags, Trump signs, deer feeders becuase we'll feed the fucking deer if we want to.

Smokers puffing away with barbeque in front yards...we don't put up with Karens and Kens out here.

Last edited:
    IMHO, here's the thing about HOA's. Before you buy your house, you get the HOA packet which lays out the rules and regs. Before I lived where I'm at now, I didn't have a HOA. 35 years ago everything was good. Everyone took care of their houses and the yards and life was good.

Now I live in a neighborhood that has a HOA. I hate that I'm not allowed to leave my car parked in the driveway at night instead of in the garage, I hate I can't just paint my house bright pink, I hate that I can't just put up a 50' antenna mast, but I'm OK with all that because I knew the rules coming in.

That said, unless that frog is 10' tall, 'Karen' needs to fall down a flight of stairs a couple of times, hopefully in front of her kids to teach them a lesson too.

You're the sort of pole smoker I constantly contend with at council meetings.

Ever thought of moving off to britain?

If you voluntarily live in an HOA, you get what you deserve. Even if you agree with the rules and “laws” of the HOA when you move in, there’s nothing saying new laws can’t be voted in a day later. Your home is supposed to be the one place where you can live as you want and tell everyone else to fuck off.

People who love HOAs are the same people that would volunteer to be hall monitors in school.

Ah, the American neurosis called an HOA. I'd rather be homeless than live in an HOA where Karen can dictate the length of my grass and color of my home. Power Tripping American Style.

VooDoo

I get what you're saying. I've been in one for two years now that is pretty chill, not a big deal. I met a neighbor that is on the board who said he joined just to keep the karens in check. He said when someone starts bitching he tells them to get over it. I'm sure that some of them are terrible but this one is alright, I mean I see violations all over the place and no one is stopping them.

The OP story is nuts, I would not live in a place like that.

Guy not far from here buried part of a car near the rd. Front buried, cab and trunk sticking up in the air. I have no clue why. No hoa's here.

• Haha
    Reactions: HiDesertELR
    Not all HOA's are that bad I rented in one that was terrible but currently live in one where people don't really give a shit. However, I can't wait to move and stop paying those dumbass fees.

Time to roll into Halloween Express and see how they’re gonna feel about a 6 ft 200lb blue frog walking the neighborhood streets every evening....nice long slow walks (don’t forget the mason jar of fireflies to light the way)

I bet Karen wouldn't have a problem with Joe Biden sniffing and fondling her daughter or this thing reading her stories.

1618151967912.png

• Haha
    Reactions: Samuel Whittemore
    HOAs are pure evil.
    The most horrible people will turn your life into a nightmare and make you a slave to their whims on what you can and cannot do with your house.

The aggrieved frog owner should make it their mission in life to destroy that Karen's life in every single legal way possible and constantly observe her property and demand and force action by the HOA for every little thing she does and anything her worthless child does as well.
    Then there is also other more direct actions that one can do.

It's Bobbie Dooley the president of the Western Estates Homeowners Association and the Western Estates Parent Teacher Organization, straight from the Phil Hendrie character lounge:

Absolutely used to love listening to Phil Hendrie back around 2000. My favorite was a "guest" he had that had written a book about why God hates trailer parks. I'm glad he's still on. Very funny show.

Reactions: Tchitcherine
    You guys think HOAs are bad. Try being on a co-op apartment board in a big liberal city. For two years I had to be President of the board because I was the only one on speaking terms with all the other residents. Given my smiling, non-combative personality, you can imagine what peaches the other assholes were.

You guys think HOAs are bad. Try being on a co-op apartment board in a big liberal city. For two years I had to be President of the board because I was the only one on speaking terms with all the other residents. Given my smiling, non-combative personality, you can imagine what peaches the other assholes were.
    Was it Section 8 that housed Crips and Bloods?

Try writing Fuck Off in their lawn with mustard seed. It grows at about 4x the speed of grass. Of course, you don't have to write fuck off. The English language is full of fun phrases.

Those that bash HOA's don't live near neighbors who paint their houses pink, have piled up junker cars littering the lawn, nor play mexican circus music at all hours of the night.
    I am all about freedom and all that shit, but fuck that if you think I am going to put up with the above. I like my HOA and wish our HOA had more balls.
    I wouldn't however would have complained about a stupid frog.

Those that bash HOA's don't live near neighbors who paint their houses pink, have piled up junker cars littering the lawn, nor play mexican circus music at all hours of the night.
    I am all about freedom and all that shit, but fuck that if you think I am going to put up with the above. I like my HOA and wish our HOA had more balls.

"....i like freedom BUT...."
    665b8cec9f3e0a920094401016fe7b60.jpg

"i like freedom, but only when its exercised in a manner that i agree with", eh?

You're right Ke-mo sah-bee, I know what you're talking about. I like my laid back, leave me alone and mind your own business mindset of my area, but we take pride in our properties, keep the grasses mowed, etc. When someone new comes in and builds, we don't allow that retarded mexican music or allow leaf blowers cranking up before 9 a.m. on weekends.

And we don't put up with fat bearded slobs from California with a grey pony tail and hippy bracelets to paint his house purple, put some old Datsun Z relic up on blocks, build some eclectic fence out of half buried Cadillacs to express his artsy genius or play his stereo and base loud enough that we can hear it. We're not impressed. We don't care if he toured with Joe Walsh in the 70's.

Would it be acceptable if it was a pink frog with a college degree and big balls?

(Just seeing how far I can push.)

Reactions: navynambu
    You're right Ke-mo sah-bee, I know what you're talking about. I like my laid back, leave me alone and mind your own business mindset of my area, but we take pride in our properties, keep the grasses mowed, etc. When someone new comes in and builds, we don't allow that retarded mexican music or allow leaf blowers cranking up before 9 a.m. on weekends.

And we don't put up with fat bearded slobs from California with a grey pony tail and hippy bracelets to paint his house purple, put some old Datsun Z relic up on blocks, build some eclectic fence out of half buried Cadillacs to express his artsy genius or play his stereo and base loud enough that we can hear it. We're not impressed. We don't care if he toured with Joe Walsh in the 70's.

What about Eric Clapton?

I had problems like that. The police were no help.

So I got into programmable/aimable green laser concert lighting systems, amatuer Dubstep, and roadkill cleanup with burn barrels.

Even the Mexicans were pissed at me and wanted me to stop. The police were no help to them either.

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka